New Yorkers hate these Knicks

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
New York Post Columnist Mike Vaccaro said the current New York Knicks have set a new standard for losers.

Wrote Vaccaro: We've had our share of bad teams in New York City. Hell, we had the platinum standard for bad teams here once, the '62 Mets, who elevated losing to an art form, who lost three out of every four games they played. The Jets, who now sit at a relentlessly unremarkable 2-9 after Thursday's brutalization in Dallas. They do not inspire much of anything within the souls of their fans. They're just bad.

Added Vaccaro: The Knicks inspire something else. They inspire anger. They inspire hatred. Knicks fans have long since left their hand-wringing on the table. There is an unmitigated loathing for this team, for the men who run the operation, for several key components of the roster. That's when you know you've really done something around here, when sadness turns to fury. Knicks fans hate these Knicks. HATE them. Period.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
New York Post Columnist Mike Vaccaro said the current New York Knicks have set a new standard for losers.

Wrote Vaccaro: We've had our share of bad teams in New York City. Hell, we had the platinum standard for bad teams here once, the '62 Mets, who elevated losing to an art form, who lost three out of every four games they played. The Jets, who now sit at a relentlessly unremarkable 2-9 after Thursday's brutalization in Dallas. They do not inspire much of anything within the souls of their fans. They're just bad.

Added Vaccaro: The Knicks inspire something else. They inspire anger. They inspire hatred. Knicks fans have long since left their hand-wringing on the table. There is an unmitigated loathing for this team, for the men who run the operation, for several key components of the roster. That's when you know you've really done something around here, when sadness turns to fury. Knicks fans hate these Knicks. HATE them. Period.

interesting but sadly true

I hate isaiah, curry, crawford, and jerome james with a passion. Cant stand how they don't play defence. And the fact that some people think this players are allstars.

But most of NY would hate isaiah and marbury

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
i hate elements of the team (dolan, isiah, "starbury", curry), i can never hate the knicks. besides, any team with Balkman and Lee can't be too hateable.

:gony:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
interesting but sadly true

I hate isaiah, curry, crawford, and jerome james with a passion. Cant stand how they don't play defence. And the fact that some people think this players are allstars.

But most of NY would hate isaiah and marbury

This is what i been sayin all along, why does everyone choose to hate Marbury? I agree with you, Isiah Curry Crawford and Jerome are the biggest problems with the team. We got alot of people on here who think Curry and Crawford are the 2 best players on the team. They can score, but they cant defend, and crawfords shot is up and down like the knicks have been the past 6 years.

Marbury gets off to slow starts but he contributes on offense and defense. Defensively he is sumthin special to watch (no homo). He went to work yesterday against Hinrich and Gordon deflecting and rejecting them. He was also eying and denying them. I should had kept it simple and just said he played real good defense but yall know what i mean.

Theres people on here that also think David Lee is the next Larry Bird and a future all star. (your all homos) Lees a good player that gives it 100% everytime and hes a rebounding machine, but he cant hit an open jumpshot.

Kiyaman

Legend

There are so many reasons for the Knick-Fans to be angry.

The truth of the matter is in the NBA League today a NBA Team have to be able to do two things to have some success:

Be a 50% Uptempo Running-Team and a 50% Halfcourt-Team in both offense & defense.
The better your team is at running and completing a fastbreak for easy quick baskets than you can survive at having a poor defense.
When your team runs 85% of their offense on Halfcourt offensive-plays than your team have to play a tough BAD-BOYS DEFENSE (If anyone should know about this it should be ex-Player, Coach, G.M., President Isiah Thomas).

Where Isiah Thomas went wrong was adding Stephon Marbury on this Knick Team (A month after Isiah got the G.M. Job).
The Nets had the Best Running Game Coaches in the bussiness with Head Coach Byron Scott, Assistant Coach Eddie Jordan & Mike O'Koren, and they could not get Stephon Marbury to run one decent fastbreak for nothing in the world with fastpace players Kerry Kittles, KVH, Steven Jackson, Arron Williams, and Kenyon Martin, for two straight seasons.

Isiah Thomas only traded to get one dimensional Lazy Halfcourt offensive players from the beginning of his G.M. tour with these Knicks from "Norris, Marbury, Penny, Tim Hardaway, Crawford, Taylor, Q.Richardson, James, Curry, Jalen, Francis, Jefferies, and Zach".
None of the above Knick Players in their NBA career knew how to run a decent fastbreak play or finish on a fastbreak, and each one of them had problems on how to get back on a Team-Defense with their previous team.

We all witness repeatedly for 3 season straight how Isiah hand picked traded players could not score on a fastbreak whether it was a 3 on 2, or a 2 on 1, or even a 3 on 1 fastbreak (twice in the Bulls game they could not finsh on a 3 on 1 fastbreak this weekend).
The Knicks young players together without any of the veteran players involved knows how to run and complete on any fastbreak.

That is enough to make any Knick-Fan angry when you have so many expensive paid hand-picked players who can not deliver on an easy basket that involves running and passing.

pat

Starter

Where Isiah Thomas went wrong was adding Stephon Marbury on this Knick Team (A month after Isiah got the G.M. Job).
The Nets had the Best Running Game Coaches in the bussiness with Head Coach Byron Scott, Assistant Coach Eddie Jordan & Mike O'Koren, and they could not get Stephon Marbury to run one decent fastbreak for nothing in the world with fastpace players Kerry Kittles, KVH, Steven Jackson, Arron Williams, and Kenyon Martin, for two straight seasons.

Exactly. Even if you finally have to settle for a half court offense, you have to push the ball really fast until the three point line to put pressure on defence. Marbury just doesn't do that, nor do Curry and Zach. Both are trailers at best. Also their style doesn't match the style of Balkman, Nate, and maybe Lee and Jarred Jeffries. Ju just cannot build a team, that is one third set-play, one third fastbreak, and one third "penetrate and pitch."

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer

The truth of the matter is in the NBA League today a NBA Team have to be able to do two things to have some success:

Be a 50% Uptempo Running-Team and a 50% Halfcourt-Team in both offense & defense.
The better your team is at running and completing a fastbreak for easy quick baskets than you can survive at having a poor defense.
When your team runs 85% of their offense on Halfcourt offensive-plays than your team have to play a tough BAD-BOYS DEFENSE (If anyone should know about this it should be ex-Player, Coach, G.M., President Isiah Thomas).

Isiah Thomas only traded to get one dimensional Lazy Halfcourt offensive players from the beginning of his G.M. tour with these Knicks from "Norris, Marbury, Penny, Tim Hardaway, Crawford, Taylor, Q.Richardson, James, Curry, Jalen, Francis, Jefferies, and Zach".
None of the above Knick Players in their NBA career knew how to run a decent fastbreak play or finish on a fastbreak, and each one of them had problems on how to get back on a Team-Defense with their previous team.

We all witness repeatedly for 3 season straight how Isiah hand picked traded players could not score on a fastbreak whether it was a 3 on 2, or a 2 on 1, or even a 3 on 1 fastbreak (twice in the Bulls game they could not finsh on a 3 on 1 fastbreak this weekend).
The Knicks young players together without any of the veteran players involved knows how to run and complete on any fastbreak.

That is enough to make any Knick-Fan angry when you have so many expensive paid hand-picked players who can not deliver on an easy basket that involves running and passing.

Tim Hardaway?

knicklover

Benchwarmer
There are multiple things going on.

There are people that dislike some players because they don't have a complete game (Crawford and Curry don't play defense).

There are people that dislike some players because they are perceived to be lazy, not passionate, overweight etc... (Curry and James)

There are people that dislike some players because they are perceived to be disruptive, not team oriented, behave in ways off the court that are generally looked upon in an unfavorable light (Isiah, Marbury)

There are people that dislike some people because they are perceived to be incompetent (Isiah and Dolan).

That's a lot of reasons for people to be pissed about all the recent bad seasons.

We aren't going to get rid of Dolan. He's the owner! So forget about that.

But we might get rid of Isiah and some of the players he brought in.

Personally, I don't mind if a player isn't complete.

IMO, there's a place for a high class guy like Crawford that has some offensive skills. He probably just can't/shouldn't be the starting SG if we want to win a championship. He should be a role player.

I also wish Curry would lose some weight, get a little passionate, and play harder. However, he's another classy guy that I don't mind having on the team. I just think if he's going to be the center, we are probably going to need a very good defending and rebounding big man to play along side of him to make up for his shortcomings.

The guys I want to get rid of are the guys that are disruptive, not team oriented, lazy, incompetent etc..

That comes down to Isiah, Marbury, and James (the verdict is still not in on Robinson and Randolph)

I don't think a team can win a championship with Isiah coaching and Marbury as the PG no matter who you surround them with because of all the distractions and other negative intangibles they bring with them.

We need more players like Balkman and Lee. They are not complete players, but they are passionate, want to win, play hard, stay out of trouble, are trying to get better, are team oriented etc... It would nice to get a couple of complete players like that, but it's hard to get superstars.

Last edited:
I think that most of the Knick players need to work on improving their weaknesses.

It was refreshing to see some of the weaker defenders stepping up... and those 6 blocked shots might just be what the Knicks need: to realize that they can do it!

jzero29

Rotation player
This is what i been sayin all along, why does everyone choose to hate Marbury? I agree with you, Isiah Curry Crawford and Jerome are the biggest problems with the team. We got alot of people on here who think Curry and Crawford are the 2 best players on the team. They can score, but they cant defend, and crawfords shot is up and down like the knicks have been the past 6 years.

Marbury gets off to slow starts but he contributes on offense and defense. Defensively he is sumthin special to watch (no homo). He went to work yesterday against Hinrich and Gordon deflecting and rejecting them. He was also eying and denying them. I should had kept it simple and just said he played real good defense but yall know what i mean.

Theres people on here that also think David Lee is the next Larry Bird and a future all star. (your all homos) Lees a good player that gives it 100% everytime and hes a rebounding machine, but he cant hit an open jumpshot.
marbury is our most talented guard, he's just not always a team player. He's selfish, tends to look down and put down fellow players, even stars. Needs to be the man. Causes tension with Isiah, instead of being the bigger man and going out determined to prove Isiahs the Idiot he is, he sinks to blackmail and threats for playing time. Play on court speaks louder than words and off court actions. When he pouts and plays poor defense or goes out displaying that this sucks attitude, it's not good. He is part of the problem, a good GM should be able to put together talented pieces that fit and play together and a good coach puts them in a system that works for the peices he has. Isiah has done neither. Crawford and marbury are two pieces that don't fit together in whatever system Isiah thinks he has.
Jerome james isn't even part of our biggest problem. The guy has absolutely no effect on this teams performance on the court. He doesn't even play!!! Keeping Him is was Isiahs choice. Thats the problem. Isiah doesn't want to buy him out and admitt he was wrong to sign him. But Jerome James isn't the reason this team sucks, he's not the reason he's overpaid. That would be Isiah.
Take jerome james out of that statment and insert marbury, then it's 100% accurate. Isiah, Curry, Crawford and Marbury our the biggest problems.
I'm not saying these players are not individually talented. I love marbury's game, but he doesnt fit in IT system with Crawford. Reducing Crawfords role, would open the game up for marbury. It would probably make him happy and he'd stop being a problem. But right now those four people, IT idiocy, Curry lack of Defense,Crawfords poor D and exclusion of teamates on offense. Marbury's attitude and selfish behavior on and off the court, He doesn't play 100% everytime. I've seen him play like marbury(last 2 games), but I've also seen him play terrible(during 8 game losing streak). You can't blame it all on marbury or all on Isiah or Crawford or curry or any on J.James. Its a team effort. That whole group is to blame. Marbury a part of it no matter how talented he is, when you don't play your best, you contribute to the failure of the team.
The problem starts with IT and trickles down. IT makes bad signings, puts together palyers that don't fit, makes them play a system that doesn't play to hims teams talents and skills. He plays his players out of their skill range, tries to make them something else. Crawford can't help it that he's not the offensive ball handling juggernaut isiah tries to make him, he's good at beating his man, mid range shooting and that runner. Marbury is good at penetrating, creating, scoring and defense, but gets easily put off, loses motivation and lacks effort sometimes. This could be because IT likes to take the ball away from his best guard and put it in crawfords hands, a less qualified/talented playmaker. Craw is a good second option to steph, Isiah tends to put him before him though. Curry just needs to play defense, which he's played well a couple times this season.

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
Exactly. Even if you finally have to settle for a half court offense, you have to push the ball really fast until the three point line to put pressure on defence. Marbury just doesn't do that, nor do Curry and Zach. Both are trailers at best. Also their style doesn't match the style of Balkman, Nate, and maybe Lee and Jarred Jeffries. Ju just cannot build a team, that is one third set-play, one third fastbreak, and one third "penetrate and pitch."
Sorry, curry is a center, He's a big dude, I dont expecthim to run the floor like he was a guard. So he trails, thats good, he is quick on his feet and he's practically unstopable.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

The problem with Marbury is he gets burned by a lot of the pgs in the league, his D is NOT consistent! He is a great scorer but not a great leader and does NOT have a good understanding on how to run an offense; ala John Stockton, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Magic Johnson..... All the "Starbury" lovers seem to put him in this league and he is so far from an elite point guard! Again, he can score there is no arguing that but any team that has him running the offense does not need him to be the #1 option all the time. Crawford has the same problem and the frustrating thing with him is that he can run a team, I have seen him play the 1 with Chicago and at times with the Knicks were he has run the offense very efficiently; he just chooses to shoot the ball all the time and he is not a good defender.

metrocard

Legend

You were posting more in the off season, I would like to read more; especially with all the chaos thats going on right now.

Rep.