Chicago game, Crawford

jzero29

Rotation player
Wow, Imagine that, crawford takes a back seat, doesn't go crazy shooting and the knicks win in chicago. Wow. He was on the floor alot, but didn't dominate the ball on offense, which is a good thing. He even hit a 3! Granted he was 1-4 from 3pt range, but he hit one! Now if you could imagine, a real sg, with better defense, maybe hits 2-4 from three and hits more than just 2-7 overall, say maybe 4-7. Not dominating, holds his own on defense and is a better 3point shooter. That is a winning combo, not a jamaal crawford, who dominates the ball, shoots as much as possible, Handles the ball poorly and turns over to much. Unfortunately, Crawford willl return to shooting 16-20 shots tonight, hitting say 5. He'll get 15 points total,through free throughs and made shots. People will be like jamaal score 15 he rocks, but the poiont is he'll miss 11-14 shots while doing it. tack on a couple turnovers, because he'll try and dominate the ball again.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
... The game was in NY....Chill wit Crawford is one of the most laid back players on our team. 12 winning buzzer beaters. hmm 12! in his career that is impressive. All 4th period winning or OT Wins.

jzero29

Rotation player
12 winners my left foot

Who cares, given 30 times to get 12 winners. He's missed more crucial shots this year. Several in the Clevland game, Missed onein first ot to win game against Sac, then he shot 0 for 4 in the 2nd OT, each shot Could have had an impact as the knicks only lost by 5. He excluded his teamates and each time he missed the kings pulled away. Does that count as only 1 missed game winning shot? I mean, if he had hit those shots we wouldn't have been down. We would have been tied. In several of the close games we won, he split his free throws, that if he hit both would pull away and win with ease. The guy gets to shoot so many game winning shots, but he misses more than half of them. Get realistic. I could hit 12 game winners given the chance night in and night out. The guy has just been put into the spotlight by Isiah, because Isiah wants to prove he's right about him so he gives him tons of playing time and opportunity and he makes some good plays here and there, but not enough to have a winning season. He's lost more games with his shooting going cold, turnovers, missed crucial shots and excluding his teamates who 90% of shoot better than him.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Wow...u base our whole season on one game? lmao...and the game we won hahahahaaa....so...what about the detroit game we lost, he shot 6/12 and i watched the game, it was not an easy 6...2/4 3 pts, 2/2 free throws...and a blocked shot with 3 to's...or the game before that when he shot 6/13, with 3 three pointers...one again, 3 to's...game against cleveland...25 n 6 dimes...7/12 fg%...1 turn over, 8 of 8 free throws ...against minnisota...25 n 7 assists...8/14 shooting...when we beat denver, he was 8/19...but he had 8 assists and 5 rebounds...now if u look at our recent losses...we lose when jamal dosent perform....and recently he has been in a shooting slump, and the turnover situation is a team problem....not jamaal, less turnovers come with a better pg, better chemestry...also keep in mind that at least 2 turnovers comes from him carrying the ball...he needs to work on his handles...i would like to see u hit a gamewinner against nba competition when everyone in the building knows ur getting the ball.....12 in a career is outstanding....and he's what 26? crawford is our best free throw shooter...u would be a mad man to blame anything on his ft%...and can u name a few of those teammates who shoot better than jamaal? and please dont b a imbicil and say curry or judge by percentage...cuz cury's shots are dunks and layups

Toons

is the Bo$$
and i know this is sad...it is also thrue...jamaal is our leading shot blocker statistically lol

jzero29

Rotation player
last nights game

there is no doubt crawford can have good games So far he's had 3. I'll give you last night he had a good game, but the knick didn't let him control the ball. Instead of running offense through jamaal as they did during the first 11 Games. The last two, they have been letting marbury set up the offense and letting Marbury handle the ball. So without the ball in crawfords hands they play better. Thats my point, get the ball out of crawfords hands, let marbury set up the offense, less turnovers. Sure crawford had only 1 yesterday, but he also wasn't handling the ball constantly. They let steph be steph and put jamaal into a role. Besides he still leads team with 41 turnovers.
He had a good shooting night last night, first time since the first 3 games of the season. I still think jamaal will have many more 3-12 nights then good shooting nights like last night. He shot 1 for 6, from 3pt range, terrible stat to follow a 1 for 4, 3pt shot performance. he's 20 for 65 overall, a terrible 3pt shooter, thats below 1/3 of your shots, horrible. He also, still leads knicks in shot attempts by 18, but trails in total points, and also is only 1 shot better than zach (76-172)and trails eddy curry by 20 made shots, who shot 24 times less then him.
curry(97-166)
Zach(76-172)
Crawford(77-190)
Marbury (57-137) They only had leash off for 2 games.
My point with the free throws is most of his missed free throw shots come in the 4th! Look it up. He is an excelent FT shooter, our best, but in the 4th he starts missing, check out when he gets his missed free throws, 90% of his misses from the strip are in the 4th.

Toons

is the Bo$$
keep in mind, craw is not a pg...he is a natural sg, a secondary 1....if u put curryat point he'll average 50 turnovers per game.....also, as i stated before, i politely asked u not to be an imbicil and compare numbers iwth curry....becaus eof the type of shot he takes...the shooting guard to me takes the most difficult shots...IMO...and crawford does an alright job.

jzero29

Rotation player
Give me a break.

keep in mind, craw is not a pg...he is a natural sg, a secondary 1....if u put curryat point he'll average 50 turnovers per game.....also, as i stated before, i politely asked u not to be an imbicil and compare numbers iwth curry....becaus eof the type of shot he takes...the shooting guard to me takes the most difficult shots...IMO...and crawford does an alright job.
My whole point is crawford tends to act like a point guard to much, he over dribbles, takes bad shots and turns it over when the offense is run through him. As for him as a SG he has to be one of the worst 3pt%, most guys who shoot that bad from 3 get benched when they heave up 5 misses in one game. My point in showing curry's numbers, is that I'd rather Marbury get the ball into Curry than have Jamaal shoot. Curry and randolph are two better offensive options, they are more likely to score when they get the ball. Crawford shouldn't lead the team in attempts, curry and zach should.
So if you just stop and look at the whole picture of what I was saying you'd see what I'm saying is right.
Point 1, crawford should not lead team in shots, the two taking most shots should zach and curry, then it should be more evenly spread out.
Point 2, Crawford should not try and be a point guard, because he is not one. He tend to dominate the ball and the rest of the offense doesn't function.
Point 3, He's a terrible 3 point shooter, he should stop shooting 3's.
Nothing you have said counters any point I've made. You say you can't compare curry top crawford and that I'm an imbicil, I Never said I want curry on point thats ridiculous. My Point was Jamaal shouldn't be point guard. You say the type of shot is different, I kind of agree, curry's go in more. Obviously it's harder to shoot 3's, but neither jamaal or curry should be shooting outside, Jamaal can't hit 3's so he shouldn't shoot them. I take it for granted that you'd understand something so simple. You just miss direct my statments. I'm guessing it is because you lack the ability to remove yourself from Crawfords cock, to pay attention to what I'm saying.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
YO J Zero....I agree with you. Crawford has the ball in his hands to much. Hes a turnover prone player because of how often he palms the ball. He should shoot 2 or 3 3's at the most. He can hit them somtimes, when he has momentum on his side. Overall, hes one of the worst starting shooting guards in the NBA. Other teams know when they play the knicks to attack crawford because he is the worst defensive starting shooting guard in the NBA. His offense is inconsistent, for the most part its bad but occasionally he can look like a star. The only other good thing about crawford is he sometimes does a good job of gettin the ball to Curry. I think Crawford is the Knicks #1 problem and that he should had been benched instead of Marbury. For the record, Curry is still the second worst starter. Oh what, he got 2 blocks? Get off his dick, look at all the points in the paint Utah got. Curry does not have a clue how to use his strenght on defense.

For all the Crawford fans on here, how does his cock taste? (no homo)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn too much hate going on wit crawford, ya'll make it seem as if he shouldnt even be in the league, 1 on 1, theres not a lot of players who could guard em

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
damn too much hate going on wit crawford, ya'll make it seem as if he shouldnt even be in the league, 1 on 1, theres not a lot of players who could guard em

I partially agree with you, when Crawford plays the way he should always play hes very tough to guard cuz of his ball handling and creativity. Most of the time, he dont play up to his potential.

By the way, sorry about Saigons retirement. I never really got into him (no homo) but I know the streets respect him and alot fans love his music. Good news for hip hop heads, Styles P and ghostface albums just leaked. Ghostface dropped the album of the year like he did last year with fishscale. I recommend his album to all true hiphop heads who aint down with fags like MIMS, bow wow, diddy, and whoever the fuck else is popular right now. fuck the radio.

jzero29

Rotation player
I don't hate crawford, just when he's dominates the offense.

I don't hate crawford entirely, I just think he needs to stop trying to be the #1 star on the team, and Isiah needs to stop letting him dominate the offense. The rest of the team suffers when they run the offense through him. They go stagnant. He needs to either start hitingt 3's or not take as many. He needs to give up 3-4 shots a game, to either a more reliable option or to get some of the other guys involved.
When the offensive play breaks down, thats when the ball should be in crawfords hands, he can create his own shot. He can beat his defender. But when thats all the knicks do every time down the floor, it's predictable, and the rest of the knicks just run through the motions as crawford over dribbles and chucks a shot, or forces a bad pass.
Having Crawford to clean up a broken play is a great option. But not as the 1st option and not running it 100 times a game. He should not be the #1 option.