Utah Jazz@ New York Knicks

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
It looks like the Knicks came to play tonight, I'm tuning in on MSG and the first half was great. Randolph and Marbury showed up tonight. Halfway through the third there looking pretty good, hopefully we can finish out what we started.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
holly balllls is this our team and jamal take back everything I trashed u about but u have been a good leader ...marbury turns star tonight and even maybe a leader? a lot of comraderee

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Knicks actually looked good tonight. I'm not going to get my hopes up yet because everytime I do, they let me down. But, 10 steals and 6 BLOCKS!! And 2 from Curry!! Hopefully they can build on this win and learn that defensive effort will win them games. If Marbury can play like this all season I will retract all of my previous negative statements. The players looked like they were supporting Marbury and each other. Maybe all of the negativity brought them together. Wait! What am I doing? I'm getting my hopes up again!! I've got to stop that. If they show this kind of effort consistently, then I will have faith.

Marbury was never the issue. He always takes the blame for everything based on his selfish track record. He is still the best player on the Knicks. Isaiah needs to get his head out his behind, and let Steph do what he did tonight, every night. Take the ball out of Crawford's hands so much, let him run of screens as he did tonight, so those stupid carrying violations he commits at least 20 times a game won't happen as much. Zeke has no imagination on offense with this team at all. And they are never going to play good team defense. So they have to score. And it should be balanced instead of always forcing it to turnover Prone and black hole Zach and Curry.

Isaiah is getting fired.

George M.

Benchwarmer
HuuuHHHH?????

Easy on the negativity dude!That's the most effort on defense I've seen this team display in 1 game I've seen in a loooonnng time.Please dude,CHILL!!

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
This had to be the best Knicks game i've seen all season so far, maybe even better than some of the wins they got last year. Marbury was really "starbury" tonight, Randolph was incredible, and Q-rich played good aggressive D. We got steals, Blocks (Everyone see Curry's monster block towards the end of the fourth?) and we made free throws. Boston awaits on Thursday i think, that will be the real test. Great Game tonight!

NYKnicks15

Starter
umm... was that the 2007-2008 new york knicks?...
im very confused right now hah. i will not jump to conclusions or get excited or talk about anything but tonights game in general.

I think we found our rotation and it consists of Curry, Randolph, Lee, Balkman, Jeffries, Richardson, Crawford, Robinson and Marbury. 9 players is all we need.

and it seems everyone in that rotation played defense... did i just say that? curry didnt seem to care (and this is one of those odd didnt seem to care when it comes to eddy) that he wasnt getting his numbers. 8pts 5 boards and more focused on D than stats!?! 2 blocks? is that more than he had combined all season?

Crawford was showing leader qualities, hell always be an erratic shooter we know that. butttt he calmed it down on O and led this team. if we cant get through to steph someone needs to take the balls by this team and it looks (from tonight) that jamal COULD be taking that reign.

also... stephon marbury.. stephon marbury. what to say about stephon marbury... umm... good game. keep it up! thats all i want to say hahaha

i know 2 in a row is not a lot. but we defeated a great team in utah... and like it or not a good team in chicago. dont say chicago has only won twice blah blah blah. this is the same team that made the playoffs. they are just playing with no heart (no contract extensions and kobe trade rumors can do that to ya). SUCK ON THAT SKILES and PAXSON you guys are the new knicks.h haaha

Blumatic

Rotation player
I didn't see the game but looking at the numbers, there defense needs help. The Bulls are a struggling offensive team. The Jazz scored 109. shooting 50% from the field. We can't just score ridiculous amount of points and only win by a little.

They did what they needed to do win but. That effort won't go well against the Celtics. We have to not let them score so easily.

66 points in the paint by the Jazz. Cant happen.

Remember the 6 game winning streak in 2006. We had horrible defensive numbers and crazy offensive numbers. Then we went down the toilet.

This type of play does not last in the long run. When the Knicks score 100 and hold opponents in low 90s and under 48% then we'll talk.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn this was fun to watch, deron vs stephon was a great battle, damn dat move jamal did was ridiculous, its great to win when defensive effort is applied

WiL8000

Rotation player
This was a fun game to watch and the effort was there for the Knicks. Curry, Randolph, Marbury and Crawford all played well at the same time. What a sick move by Crawford for that shot. Hopefully they can carry some of this over to the big game thursday against the Celtics.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Marbury was never the issue. He always takes the blame for everything based on his selfish track record. He is still the best player on the Knicks. Isaiah needs to get his head out his behind, and let Steph do what he did tonight, every night. Take the ball out of Crawford's hands so much, let him run of screens as he did tonight, so those stupid carrying violations he commits at least 20 times a game won't happen as much. Zeke has no imagination on offense with this team at all. And they are never going to play good team defense. So they have to score. And it should be balanced instead of always forcing it to turnover Prone and black hole Zach and Curry.

Isaiah is getting fired.

some one who understands my knicks language

Last edited:

pat

Starter
There is just one thing thing I don't get: Why do they always try to pass the ball into the post from the top of the key? This is the position from where an interception is most likely. If a guy thinks about doing that he should rather pass the ball out of bounds to give everybody time to get back on defence.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
some of you guys are such a bunch of TOOLS!!!!!

*tear

Dont call me a tool doucebag. When I want your opinion on myself i will ask for it.

After reading many posts on this, i have discovered that you barely know what you are talking about and most of your posts are shit. AS SHOWN BY YOUR OVER 140 POSTS AND NO REP POWER

hit puberty and come back on here when you have something constructive and interesting insights on the beloved knicks, or f$uck back to what you and your mum do on the weekend.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks took off on the opening tap and been holding tight on the lead while the Jazz is shooting 77% from the FG. Remarkable!
All the Knicks want this WIN in the Garden in the first half of this game.

Remarkable!
Halftime
Knicks 58 Jazz 52

Where did all this TEAM Play come from? the Knick-Players are doing their best at playing Team-Defense.

Curry Blocked a Shot!!!!!
and Crawford followed up and scored givn the Knicks a 10 point lead in the 3rd qtr.

Am I watching Knicks Basketball????????

Lets Go Knicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Still Remarkable Knicks Play!
end of 3rd
Knicks 89 Jazz 80

Knicks are WINNING with a One on One System of Team Defense.

Knicks up by 11 in the top of the 4th. 2nd Unit on the court.

Great Knick WIN in Years, few dimes but both Crawford & Marbury shot close to 50% from the FG for 20 something points a piece.
They finally became a decent Backcourt Tandem to reckon with in the NBA (or this Game).
This is the Knick Basketball that been missing since the hiring of Isiah Thomas.

If we beat Boston, Dolan will give Isiah a LIFE TIME Contract!
He gave him a 4 year extension foe beating Washington last season.

I have to admit, the Knicks vs Jazz Game was the Best Game the Knicks played in years. The entire rotation added something for the WIN.

I know Cleveland feel it every season after losing Boozer. Boozer have been the only PF in decades that came through after receiving a BIG MONEY Contract from the next team. BIG-Z, Boozer, and Lebron would've been something to reckon with now if they stayed together.
And Detroit have to be missing Okur every season after their Championship season, Okur, Ben, and Rasheed was tooo much to handle in the last 10 minutes of the 4th qtr. their Championship season.

What did Jamal just do, lol SICKKKKKKK
Do you mean when dribbled behind his back from his right hand to his left hand, then passed it behind his back from his left hand to his right hand and then put it up??? In like 1/2 second??

WOW!!!

I had to rewind that a few times just to figure out just what it was that he did!!

What I saw during this game was that the fans haven't given up on the Knicks yet, and that when we play as a team we can compete with the best in the leage. I loved hearing the garden come alive, I just wish I could have been there! I hope that we can beat the Celtics this thursday on national television and then all the haters can go F-off!

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Do you mean when dribbled behind his back from his right hand to his left hand, then passed it behind his back from his left hand to his right hand and then put it up??? In like 1/2 second??

WOW!!!

I had to rewind that a few times just to figure out just what it was that he did!!

I didn't get to watch the game but judging from your description of the move, i think it was the same move he did when he was still with chicago. it was actually the very first time i learned about jamal crawford, seeing it on nba action (i think). that was SICK! anyway great that he's still got the moves. hope we could still see him do that pass-to-himself-off-the-backboard alleyoop dunk (but not forced of course).

anyway despite celtics being the best offensive (IMO) and defensive (no question) team in the nba, the knicks CAN beat them on a given day. i really hope knicks win cos losing would in my opinion destroy any momentum they hoped to have, and end up having another long losing streak.