R.I.P. to Don Marbury; Stephon Marbury upset with how Knicks handle everything

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Thats messed up. Isiah is so stupid he could have had a feeling that something is goin wrong. Sorry Steph.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Now this is some Fucked-UP shit to here.

Marbury may deserves some boos and Fines, but HELL NO! he did not deserve any of this shit from a BACKWARD organization. Not when it comes to an illness to Mama or Papa...

Well said Kiyaman- Stephon might have caused drama this season so far but shit he didnt deserve this. I dont think we need to worry about trading him, he may quit. I feel for him, RIP Don Marbury- Stephon, hopefully you can catch a break man.

Toons

is the Bo$$
yo metro change that sig man...im tryna forget that game...but yeah marbs...condolences...no1 knows the situation, so i cant judge n e one....i just hope marbury keeps doin what he's doin...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
The feeling that there is something wrong with his dad, BUT if Marbury didn't mention there was something wrong.... then but anyway Marbury had been actin weird like everyone has seen..... SO Isiah didn't know anything about MArburys Dads illness?? Cause it probably lasted pretty long.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
from what im hearing one of marburys family members told the garden staff not 2 tell marbury

I remember reading that on here sunday night but if the family members did'nt say that then the knicks should have told him.He deserved to be told so he could have spent the final minutes with his dad.

Here's what Berman had to said today (referring to Vecsey):

Knicks had no choice
By MARC BERMAN

It was appalling to read published opinions that the Knicks brass did a heinous thing the other night at the Garden by not telling Stephon about his father being taken to the hospital at the end of halftime.
They had no choice.

Knicks P.R. man Jonathan Supranowitz got strict orders from Marbury's sister, Marcia, not to say anything because he's had chest pains before. Because Donald had hypertension, the family thought the worst at those times and, thankfully, the episodes were false alarms. Marcia is the leader of the Marbury clan and Stephon's business manager. How could they go against the sister's wishes, especially with everyone praying it was another false alarm. The Knicks had no choice.

It is sad that Marcia had to read about being second-guessed yesterday as she grieves. Very sad. And the club didn't find out Donald had died in the hospital until moments after the final buzzer.
Marbury found out two minutes later.

Posted by Marc Berman on December 5, 2007 08:00 AM

<!-- m -->http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/a ... _no_c.html<!-- m -->