Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

SoFresH

Rookie
New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
3534.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Samuel Dalembert
Salary: $10,251,435 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 11.2 REB: 9.5 AST: 0.5 PER: 16.75
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry
phi.gif
Philadelphia 76ers

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
4301.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Wilson Chandler
Salary: $1,091,640 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.5 REB: 1.3 AST: 0.3 PER: 7.62
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
3514.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Eddy Curry
Salary: $8,947,543 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 14.6 REB: 5.4 AST: 0.7 PER: 15.65
</td></tr></tbody></table>

this trade also works out, except we might have to use a 2nd round pick.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
no man i want miller 2....dalembert 2 much injury prone and he suckz at offense atleast lets get some1 that can run offense liek miller SOLID point guard

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Marbury is better then Miller but anything that involves gettin rid of Curry and pickin up a shotblocker, Im down with. Metros got the best idea, we really need to destroy this team. Theres 4 players who have to go and Metros deal is the only one that gets rid of all them. Curry, Randolph, Richardson, and Crawford all hurt this team. Its not sumthin we can debate, stats prove it.

metrocard

Legend
Arite son how you even tryin to argue that Crawford is a good defender? Crawford is not a defender. You cant even argue hes an average defender. He constantly gets lost by picks, he cant keep no one in front of him. Ive never seen him play good defense for half a game. You cant win this arguement. Im not a crawford hater, i like him just not on this team. Hes got some nice moves on offense, you can make a nice video of him crossin over other players but to say he plays average defense, I cant respect that and I dont know where you comin from (no homo). Marbury, when he gets into his zone he can shut his opponent down. We saw it in the games that Metro watched. If you watched those games then you know what Im talkin about.

Im suprised to see anyone who still believes we can build this team around Curry. Im not gonna talk about this, im just gonna laugh.

I got one arguement that will shut down the Crawford vs Marbury debate. People say Marbury is not a real leader becuz he cant get his team past the 1st round of the playoffs. Crawford and Curry are also captains so that would make Curry, Crawford, and Marbury the leaders of this team. Crawford has played more games than any other player in the NBA without ever playing a playoff game.

Crawford has 3 major weaknesses that prevented the Bulls and is preventing the Knicks from making the playoffs:

1. Turnover prone
  2. Not a good shooter, check his stats they dont lie
  3. No Defense, Crawford has NEVER played good defense

He should be playing only 15 to 20 minutes a game. At least Marbury can lead a team to the playoffs. If he had the right players around him, who knows how far he can lead a team. Ill admit, Marbury cant pass like Kidd or Nash but hes a better scorer then both of them and he can defend as good as any other point guard. How many point guards can defend shooting guards? We saw this all the time last year, Marbury had to guard alot of players bigger then him and he did a good job. Just ask Jesus Shuttlesworth. There is no one Crawford can defend, not even Dan dickau.

lol, he thinks Crawford defends.

I'm mad high

He's mad dumb

lol. Good job breaking it down.

Toons

is the Bo$$
rueben patterson was just waived by the clippers...id rather have him on this team than q. rich....R.P. plays dee

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I Marbury just went home over his aunt's death.

That's funny. For someone who hates Thomas and Dolan, you actually believe that PR bullshit. So why did they fine him? He left the team before he found out that his aunt passed away. He left the team because he was pissed that he was being benched. I didn't agree with him being benched, but come on, pulling a hissy-fit and leaving the team is such a spoiled little bitch move. It's obvious that Marbury can never be a leader. He is ONE of the MANY problems that the Knicks have.

I'm starting to wonder about Marbury's extended absence now. He should take as much time as he needs to get over his father's death, but I don't know, this is kind of having a "Steve Francis injury" feel to it. Isiah is saying the same things that he said when Stevie Franchise was not playing with the team. I really think it would be best for Marbury and the Knicks to go their separate ways. Marbury should retire or the Knicks should buy him out. It's not like the Knicks were going to win with him in the lineup anyway.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
just start rebuilding now. cut people from the roster, make trades if even all we get back is 2nd round draft pick, a bench warmer, or a bag of peanuts. this group dosen't wanna b here. if they did, there woulda played more games with the same hustle as they did against the cavs.

2 weeks huh zeek. anyone care to envision how much worse this situation will b if isiah makes no trade by then.:wallbash:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The way I see it, the issue with both Curry and Randolph is they both need some one to do the grunt work like Kurt Thomas in his prime. But we don't have that so their weaknesses are exposed for every one to see. The duo must be broken up. Eddie acts like he doesn't want to be here so let's set him free.

Randolph I would hold on to for another year or two at least. Richardson is upset with Thomas and tired of losing but to me he wants to be here and he wants to win. He should be mad about losing. If players don't care about winning or losing they shouldn't be here.

The quickest way to rebuild is to make trades for expiring contracts. This is something that the knicks are not willing to do. It for the most part means we will suck for the next 2 years with very little chance of success. Where I falt Isiah is he should have done this in the beginning so we wouldn't have to deal with it now.

metrocard

Legend
That's funny. For someone who hates Thomas and Dolan, you actually believe that PR bullshit. So why did they fine him? He left the team before he found out that his aunt passed away. He left the team because he was pissed that he was being benched. I didn't agree with him being benched, but come on, pulling a hissy-fit and leaving the team is such a spoiled little bitch move. It's obvious that Marbury can never be a leader. He is ONE of the MANY problems that the Knicks have.

I'm starting to wonder about Marbury's extended absence now. He should take as much time as he needs to get over his father's death, but I don't know, this is kind of having a "Steve Francis injury" feel to it. Isiah is saying the same things that he said when Stevie Franchise was not playing with the team. I really think it would be best for Marbury and the Knicks to go their separate ways. Marbury should retire or the Knicks should buy him out. It's not like the Knicks were going to win with him in the lineup anyway.

You really have no sympathy.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
knicklover, we can't win with Curry or build around him.

His love for the game of basketball is most questionable more than any other guy on this team.

His work ethic is awful.

He hasn't had any significant improvement in the last 5 years(rebounding, defense)

He's too out of shape now, he takes too long to get in position.

Curry moves well for a fatass, but if he lost 20-30 pounds, his agility would be amazing. Thats where his work ethic holds him back.

Curry is what he is. Isiah tricked you into thinking he's a franchise big man, now get over it and move on. We need to look to better things because Curry isn't. Curry is happy with his money and isn't a hungry basketball player anymore; he's not going to play hard for a new deal like a guy from the NBDL or some of that caliber. Having Curry on this team will only hold us back since he doesn't progress at an adequate or desired rate.

Metro,

I agree with everything you said about Curry.

The thing is, despite all those drawbacks, he's still better than a lot of other centers and no worse than the many others that are one dimensional defensive types.

Do I wish he wasn't a fat lazy tub?

Of course.

But I haven't been fooled into thinking he's a franchise player. I just think we can win with a limited offensive threat of a big man (even assuming he never gets into shape and develops at all). He isn't our biggest problem right now.

Our biggest problem is that QRich can't hit the ocean with a shot and all our potential subs at that spot (Balkman, Jeffries, and even Lee) are all either no offensive threat at all or only a threat if they can dunk or get a layup.

Our second biggest problem is that we can't have Zach and Curry on the floor at the same time because most of Zach's production comes out of Curry's hide. That makes Curry almost totally useless. One of them has to go. If you think we would be better off keeping Zach and getting rid of Curry so be it. But we'll need a center that compliments Zach then. To me it's "six to one" and "half dozen to another". Either we get a defensive minded rebounding shot blocking PF and keep Curry or we get a defensive minded, rebounding, shot blocking center and get rid of Curry. But we have to get balance at those two positions and compliment it with much better and more consistent outside shooting from the SF and SG. You can see how much better we play when Crawford is "on", but he's only rarely "on". So we need another major outside threat at SF. We get negative value from that spot now. It's a terrible situation.

(I give you all the credit on the world for seeing how the Curry/Zach chemistry would not work right from the start. All I can say in my own defense is that I am learning that aspect of the game rapidly. At the start, I was hopeful, but I was wrong)

metrocard

Legend
Metro,

I agree with everything you said about Curry.

The thing is, despite all those drawbacks, he's still better than a lot of other centers and no worse than the many others that are one dimensional defensive types.

Do I wish he wasn't a fat lazy tub?

Of course.

But I haven't been fooled into thinking he's a franchise player. I just think we can win with a limited offensive threat of a big man (even assuming he never gets into shape and develops at all). He isn't our biggest problem right now.

Our biggest problem is that QRich can't hit the ocean with a shot and all our potential subs at that spot (Balkman, Jeffries, and even Lee) are all either no offensive threat at all or only a threat if they can dunk or get a layup.

Our second biggest problem is that we can't have Zach and Curry on the floor at the same time because most of Zach's production comes out of Curry's hide. That makes Curry almost totally useless. One of them has to go. If you think we would be better off keeping Zach and getting rid of Curry so be it. But we'll need a center that compliments Zach then. To me it's "six to one" and "half dozen to another". Either we get a defensive minded rebounding shot blocking PF and keep Curry or we get a defensive minded, rebounding, shot blocking center and get rid of Curry. But we have to get balance at those two positions and compliment it with much better and more consistent outside shooting from the SF and SG. You can see how much better we play when Crawford is "on", but he's only rarely "on". So we need another major outside threat at SF. We get negative value from that spot now. It's a terrible situation.

(I give you all the credit on the world for seeing how the Curry/Zach chemistry would not work right from the start. All I can say in my own defense is that I am learning that aspect of the game rapidly. At the start, I was hopeful, but I was wrong)

Couldn't really worded it any better; I really wish people saw this from the beginning. People were like "Oh we'll have Curry on one side and Randolph on the other".

LOL, so many bad trades in a span of 4 years, with each trade making us WORSE and WORSE.

Have mercy on our team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Marbury is not the problem. We see how bad they suck without him, lets wait til he comes back. Give him 5 games and everyone will see what we missed. I dont think you watch the Knicks if you think Marbury is the problem. Hes still the best player on this team. Richardson and Crawbird cant hit a shot. Zach and Eddy cant play together, Id like to see both of them go but if I had to chose one it would be Curry because hes one dimensional. Its a fact that both of them are poor defenders but at least Z-Bo can rebound when hes not tired. Q and Crawford cant defend either so how can anyone point the finger at Marbury? Its a unfair thing to do, let him come back and give him some time. Last year he carried this team dont act like you didnt see the scoring totals from March that I posted up last week. All those games that he scored between 30 and 40 and the 2 40 point games he had. He was passin the ball and playin great defense, even on shooting guards. I dont know why so many of you hate Starbury. He has flaws but they are small when compared to his teammates.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury is not the problem. We see how bad they suck without him, lets wait til he comes back. Give him 5 games and everyone will see what we missed. I dont think you watch the Knicks if you think Marbury is the problem. Hes still the best player on this team. Richardson and Crawbird cant hit a shot. Zach and Eddy cant play together, Id like to see both of them go but if I had to chose one it would be Curry because hes one dimensional. Its a fact that both of them are poor defenders but at least Z-Bo can rebound when hes not tired. Q and Crawford cant defend either so how can anyone point the finger at Marbury? Its a unfair thing to do, let him come back and give him some time. Last year he carried this team dont act like you didnt see the scoring totals from March that I posted up last week. All those games that he scored between 30 and 40 and the 2 40 point games he had. He was passin the ball and playin great defense, even on shooting guards. I dont know why so many of you hate Starbury. He has flaws but they are small when compared to his teammates.

Good job here.

Most people who use Marbury as a scapegoat don't really understand anything and don't remember we were a winning team with Marbury. We were never a winning team with Crawford, Curry, Richardson, Randolph, Jefferies, Rose, Francis or pick your poison. Marbury isn't Nash or Kidd, but he's a playmaker when surrounded with right pieces(Shandon Anderson for perimeter defense, Tim Thomas for shooting, Kurt Thomas for defense, shooting, rebounding, and Nazr for size and rebounding) the team can win games.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Good job here.

Most people who use Marbury as a scapegoat don't really understand anything and don't remember we were a winning team with Marbury. We were never a winning team with Crawford, Curry, Richardson, Randolph, Jefferies, Rose, Francis or pick your poison. Marbury isn't Nash or Kidd, but he's a playmaker when surrounded with right pieces(Shandon Anderson for perimeter defense, Tim Thomas for shooting, Kurt Thomas for defense, shooting, rebounding, and Nazr for size and rebounding) the team can win games.

Marbury shouldn't be the scape goat but we can't win with him at the point. Some of you may disagree with this but Marbury is our best scorer and his job is to pass the ball. Am I the only one that sees this as a problem? Marbury should play off the ball. He should start as a shooting guard. Have him work on his jumper and three ball. I trust Marbury's scoring more than Crawford's. If anything Crawford should be benched and back up Marbury or back up Nate or vise versa. Let Marbury run this team in terms of scoring along side Randolph and the Knicks will immediately start winning games. They won't make the play offs necessarily but they will win games.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury does a pretty fine job passing the ball. The problem are his assets. Not even Nash could help Q-Rich, Crawford always been sorry and its hard to play with Curry since he doesn't play team ball.

We can win with Marbury at PG, just not with Crawford at SG and Curry at the C. Wizards play Stevenson at the 2 and Haywood at center for a reason. For defense mainly and they compliment Arenas(a scoring PG) very well.

We don't have an Eric Snow of 2000 or Antonio Daniels, so it'll be hard to play Marbury out of position. We've seen Marbury at SG and it didn't work out.

Marbury is our best passer, ball handler, and sees the court better than anyone on the team, having him at PG is a necessity if want an efficient offense

I always liked Marbury @ PG and Robinson at SG, with Balkman and Lee to compliment them and have Randolph at center. I know its a small line up but Robinson, Balkman and Lee play big.

Right now I don't even know why I'm discussing this, I feel Marbury is done with this franchise; too much shit has happend and I don't see things turning around. I feel Marbury isn't the problem but he isn't the solution; so he'll get a lot of heat for that.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
and why does Marbury get the heat, I thought this was Currys team? Its because of his contract but people should not use this because of how much he gives back. I thought Zach Randolph was also the answer to our problems, according to I-Gay-ah.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Very interesting arguements and a lot of decent points made. I'd like to jump in and say flat out Marbury is a hell of lot better than crawford and is the Knicks most talented player. From what i saw in the last couple of seasons has been Marbury's decline resulting from all the trades made by isiah.

When Marbury came to the Knicks in whatever season it was he took a veteran team lacking talent and athleticism to a respectiable record and a playoff birth. Marbury was putting up 20 points and 8 dimes consistently. Maybe he isn't the most vocal leader but HE LEAD that team with his solid play. Had Isiah just been less trigger happy building a team around Marbury similar to the way the Sixers built around the A.I. with good defenders and rebounders such as Tyrone Hill, Theo Ratliff, Eric Snow Aaron Mckie etc. (They had a great record and went on to play in the Finals)the Knicks could of done the same thing.

Instead Thomas destroyed this team by trading for big contract players like Crawford, Curry, Francis, Randolph essentially "subtracting through addition" the way Peter Vescey would put it. With every aquisition Marbury role as the focus of the offense diminished and this team has just gotten worse and worse because of it. Couple that with a joke of an organization you can't blame marbury for this team's futility. But i can understand why its so easy to. He can be cocky and moronic at times. When he proclaimed himself the best point guard in the league, its easy to hate on him.

But guess what Dolan and Thomas are two lost motherfuckers trying to save face and you PLEASE BELIEVE ME they are pullin the same scapegoat bullshit they did with Larry Brown this time around with marbury.

You want to see THIS TEAM win some games

1. Pray that Marbury gets over the personal stuff hes been dealing with and gets back on the floor.

2. Have crawford be your 6th man. He flourished in this role when he was under Larry Brown. He came in more focused and under control and gave the Knicks points when they needed them down the stretch in close games.

3. Run your offense through Marbury. He can still breakdown defenses and find people although he can't finish as effectively thats why you gotta have capable bigs that can crash the boards and block shots not this fat ass Curry.

4. Find him a spot up shooter both K. Thomas ands Frye were exceptional in this role. I think Randolph could be a great spot up shooter as well as post threat when Marbury is off the court.

The Knicks for now before we make any trades should be coming out like this:

PG Marbury/Nate
SG Q-Rich/Crawford
SF Jeffries/Balkman
PF Randolph/Lee
C Morris/Curry

Obviously This lineup has a lot of defficienies. Most notably we need to lose Curry and pick up a defensive center. And we need to pick up a perimeter shooter either at the 2 or 3 spot as Q-rich and Jeffries can't shoot. The first guy to come to mind is Artest.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Very good post but Q-rich is no longer a starter, its questionable whether he should even be playin at all kind of like Holyfield the past 10 years.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Marbury is NOT a player that you can use to run your team period! He, like every other player on this team, is a very selfish player who lacks vision (2 very bad components for a point guard). I believe Curry is being affected by Randolph so his numbers dropped. The reality with Curry is that he is an offensive player and NOT a a big man who is going to bang down low. Isiah did a poor job getting a complimentary player to flank him. I would see if Chicago would be interested in taking him back! He seems to be the exact player they are looking for to partner with Wallace; see if we could get back Noccioni for him. Then I would try to get a salvageable big man for the middle. I like Dan Gadzuric from the bucks or Jeff Foster from Indiana; see what the 76s would want for Dalembert. With Randolph now being the focal big man down low, you just need a blue collar type guy to grab a rebound and cover their man. I wasn't a 100% sold on Artest coming here but at this point, he might be a welcomed addition to the team. As long as he could stay focused he could be what they are looking for. He is intense when he plays and that is something that this squad seems to lack.