The Official NBA Draft 2008 Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Dude they lost days ago. Get with it.

Heres a question for you guys. What represenitive would you send to the loterry to sit there when they award the picks.

I already told you what you can do, F outta here kidd. I assumed they won until i was told yesterday that they lost, F*ck them. Stop tryin to act grown Getreal, we all know your only 12.

I would send Stephon Marbury to the lottery. Hey, you gotta say thats not as bad as sendin Isiah Thomas. How about we send D Nichols?

I already told you what you can do, F outta here kidd. I assumed they won until i was told yesterday that they lost, F*ck them. Stop tryin to act grown Getreal, we all know your only 12.

I would send Stephon Marbury to the lottery. Hey, you gotta say thats not as bad as sendin Isiah Thomas. How about we send D Nichols?
Wat is so bad about sendin Isiah?

metrocard

Legend
Brook LOPEZ is a BEAST, he's definately should be considered a top 3 player.

Mayo is still the best guard prospect, Augustine is the best PURE PG.

Rose, Lawson, and Collison would all be awesome picks up and can be PG's of the future for this team.

If we get the number, Beasley should be drafted, no question.

We REALLY need to get ANOTHER draft pick, there are ALOT of good players in this draft; this is probably one of the most underrated drafts in years.

metrocard

Legend
Mayo and Bayless are SG's.

If Augustine was 6"4 like Rose, he'll be without doubt the top pick in the draft.

Mayo is best defender of all the lottery picks. Nick is 100% right; He plays defense like Sprewell, on PG's, SG's, and SF's. We also have to consider Mayo is a 20 ppg freshman in an elite conference. That usually translate into superstar production in the NBA.

Augustine is ready to lead an NBA team and have impact like Chris Paul. He's the type of PG we want.

Lopez has a lot of SKILLS and TALENT; he gets better each game. His only weakness is that he's a B level rebounder and B level shot blocker. He's Pau Gasol with better shooting and defense.

Lawson and Collinson will be better NBA PG's before Rose. Rose's potential is unpredictable, but Lawson and Collinson play defense, and are the fastest guys at their position. They're both pass first players and will be very valuable in the NBA.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think that OJ Mayo can handle the Point if he wanted too. I wonder what Isiah or whoever is in charge will pick in this draft. I would like it if all the talk about the draft like on lottery night, and on draft night to be all on here, thats why I made "The Official NBA Draft 2008 Thread"

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks need to draft Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose, or Brook Lopez. The Knicks suck, so I believe the Knicks will have the opportunity to draft one of these three players. It's just a matter of selecting them for the draft. If the Knicks are stupid, and they draft Eric Gordon, then expect another 20 win season. Gordon is a shooting guard. We already have a million of those:
SG Jamal Crawford
SG Fred Jones
SG Mardy Collins
SG/SF Quentin Richardson

Eric Gordon would be a big help to a team that needs a shooting guard, but what the Knicks currently need most is a replacement for Eddy Curry(who's one the most underachieving players in NBA history) and Stephon Marbury(his contract expires in 2009).

metrocard

Legend
Good post.

The only SG in the draft we should gamble on is Mayo, because of his defensive ability and versatility on offense. Guys like Gordon and Bayless are too one dimensional and will come off the bench in the NBA.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Thank god Isiah is gonna most likely get fired. There was rumors that Isiah wanted to draft Gordon. Judging by all the bad decisions Isiah has made, the rumors were probably true.

metrocard

Legend
Wouldn't be suprised at all. Isiah loves all the midwest players, Isiah only brought Marbury here for NY hype. After that Thomas went on a midwest trading frenzie.

youpddd

Rookie
why not draft chase budinger

this is a quote from draftxpress - There?s a very good chance Budinger will enter the draft this season, and if he does, he should be firmly in lottery discussions. With his work ethic, athleticism, and foundation of skills, he should be a fairly low risk prospect, likely amounting to a solid starter at worst. His continued improvement and learning curve will determine how high his ceiling is, though he doesn?t seem to have the mentality to ever be a #1 option scorer. Adding some strength, extending his shooting to NBA three-point range, and continuing to improve his ball-handling should be his main priorities at this stage.

Strengths:

? Size
? Explosiveness
? Speed
? Perimeter shooting
? Finishing ability
? Transition play
? Basketball IQ
? Unselfishness
? Fundamentals
? Court vision
? Willingness to defend
? Upside

Weaknesses:

? Strength
? Offensive creativity
? Go-to scoring mentality
? Mid-range game
? Off the dribble shooting
? Ball-handling skills
? Mechanical/Stiff hips defensively
? Better suited for small forward position?
? Leadership?

metrocard, i wood lik 2 no wat u think about dis gy

i rote dis before but u never replied. I also want to know what you think of joe alexander, who is said to have a "maniacal" work ethic by draft express

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
So, I think I am not going to go to the draft this year, I am probably goin to watch it all at my house. Plus you can barely here the comish in the theather anyway.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I just hope we get any of the three top picks in the draft:

Beasley
Rose
Mayo

after that there are very good players, but these are the immediate superstars.

If the knicks get the # 1 pick it would be interesting to see what direction they head in. Beasley or Rose? Wow this is hard man!!! Beasley is the obvious choice, but don't we need a future PG?

???

The Knicks need to draft Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose, or Brook Lopez. The Knicks suck, so I believe the Knicks will have the opportunity to draft one of these three players. It's just a matter of selecting them for the draft. If the Knicks are stupid, and they draft Eric Gordon, then expect another 20 win season. Gordon is a shooting guard. We already have a million of those:
SG Jamal Crawford
SG Fred Jones
SG Mardy Collins
SG/SF Quentin Richardson

Eric Gordon would be a big help to a team that needs a shooting guard, but what the Knicks currently need most is a replacement for Eddy Curry(who's one the most underachieving players in NBA history) and Stephon Marbury(his contract expires in 2009).

I agree with you that we have to many SG/Scorer's on the team already and I definitly don't want the Knicks to dfaft a SG or SF but if we take Beasly for the PF spot where does Lee get his minuts... at C ? I'm that dude that says trade down to adress our major needs of a PG or C. If we can trade down 10 spots or so we could still end up with a good C (Jordan,Thabeet,JaVeal Mc whatever from Nevada) or PG a bunch of good ones left in there after rose is gone. Any way I would like to see the Knicks trade down address team needs and maby get back some of those draft picks we've already traded away!(Zeke!) :thumbsup:

Send them Back!!!

Wouldn't be suprised at all. Isiah loves all the midwest players, Isiah only brought Marbury here for NY hype. After that Thomas went on a midwest trading frenzie.

I hope the next GM in here can send those Mid-West guys packing (Curry+Q Chicago,Jeffries+Z-Bo Indiana) Whats that about 36-37 million? Would be a great start! (followed up with tossing James,Crawford back up to the north-west)(another 13-14 million) I just wish it was that easy!

:peace:

metrocard

Legend
Rose may be the number overall pick, especially if his team wins the NCAA championship...Rose has really matured over the tournament and has looked like a tall ass Chris Paul with Dwayne Wade slashing ability.

The Lopez brothers declared for the draft.

NBA teams generally steer away from drafting guards number one overall. Rick Majerus was on the radio and didn't seem to be high on Beasley, especially being concerned about what position he'll play in the pros. Majerus' top two pro prospects were Rose and Gordon. He liked Lopez and Love but was not a believer in Hansborough.

NBA teams generally steer away from drafting guards number one overall. Rick Majerus was on the radio and didn't seem to be high on Beasley, especially being concerned about what position he'll play in the pros. Majerus' top two pro prospects were Rose and Gordon. He liked Lopez and Love but was not a believer in Hansborough.[/quote

man wat u smokin...f*k rick majurus, if we have the chance to draft beasly we beta get him