Finally!! Chaney will be replaced

rady

Administrator
Staff member
And the job goes to...

Mike Fratello!!

In his next bold move to rebuild the Knicks, Isiah Thomas has decided to make a coaching change. He will name Mike Fratello head coach, perhaps as soon as after tonight's game against Orlando, sources close to Thomas told the Daily News last night.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/154765p-136103c.html

personally, i was expecting to see malone getting this job, but i guess fratello will also have to do it.

now my question is:
what happens if we win the orlando game, and lets say by more then 10 points?

allan20

Benchwarmer
if we win the orlando game, then probably it will be a bit harder for thomas to fire him, but hopefully not impossible.
ok, so we're getting good news finally. the only thing that bugs me is that this comes to late and whoever will take over, must have a strategy, because, you see, we already played 47 games and our record is not quite the best. the upcomming are not so hard, but they all have to be treated with care.
we can still make the playoffs

Bruno

Benchwarmer
hes good . but i like him more in the position of commentator than position of coach . and if the actual coach win with magic more that 20 or less but win it would the best thing for him and for the team because he out with a win .

heiress

Rookie
Mike Fratello...WINNING CHOICE!!!

Seems to me that Mike Fratello is the kind of coach who takes mediocre teams and forces them to overachieve. New York has been waiting for a coach of Mike's caliber and intellect. Imagine what he would do with some actual superstar players...

Props to Don Cheney- it's not his fault. He was handed a bad team from Jeff Van Gundy who ducked out just in the nick of time.

Can't wait to see Mike take us all the way.

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
i wonder how does mike feel right now, when he heard one day that he will be named head coach, and the other day he is turned down