Lenny Wilkens is our new coach

Mondo

Benchwarmer
After a psychotic day with the whole Don Chaney and Czar business, Lenny Wilkens will be the new coach and Herb Williams will coach tonight

e_D

Benchwarmer
what do you guys think about this move? wilkens over fratello? i was never too much a follower of either of those two's coaching careers. i hope thomas made the right move.

after watching Herb Williams' knicks do in the magic for 120 points i think all the pieces are finally together. if this team can play like this on a consistant basis, we could definately go against some of the western guys.

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
i think thomas just made his first mistake.
come on.. wilkens ?!!!! why??
why couldn't he just hire fratello, he was perfect for this job! why did he fired Malone? where did he went wrong? where did kruger went wrong?
why did he had to give this job to wilkens ?

i'm really upset. lenny has no sense of D, he's just another variant of chaney

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
i don't think wilkens was such a bad ideea. he did pretty well with the raptors, and at least he has a winning record.
the problem with chaney is that no matter what players has in the team, he can't teach them to play.
i think with a roster list like we have, it won't be hard for lenny to take us in the playoffs

anyway, i'm happy somebody fired that puss.

FINALLY

WiL8000

Rotation player
Who Knows

Thank God Chaney is gone, I mean I do feel a little sorry for the guy though. Van Gundy left him there to take over the team. I don't think that Chaney had any idea what he was in for. Alot of people are saying that Wilkens is an easy coach, almost too easy, and that the Knicks are going to keep on losing with a coach like that. I think the Thomas got himself a coach that will listen to him, and follow his agenda. We all know that Chaney was pissed off that Thomas was at their practice coaching some of the players. Wilkens however, might not oject to something like this. So in many ways, its like the Knicks are getting a coach and a half.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
surprising move, i was really expecting fratello!
maybe i feel bad too about chaney, last year he made miracles with some guys who aren't really superstars.
good luck chaney, one day you will be a good coach :)
welcome lenny, i hope isiah made a wise choice.

interesting, lenny is the coach with the most wins and defeats in the league... but at least he's got a winning record, something what the knicks didn't had for more than 2 years