Why the hell isn't Isiah fired yet???

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
After such an abysmal and disappointing start for the season, why the hell hasn't Isiah been relieved of his coaching duties yet? Does Dolan sincerely just care about making money rather than having a winning team? Sure the Knicks is one of the most profitable teams in sports today, but its such a shame that having a winning basketball team doesn't have to do with any of it. I remember I think it was last season or 2 seasons ago, when after just 10-15 games, a couple of teams immediately fired the coach, and some of them didn't even have high expectations in the first place. I recall that was the season when several coaching changes took place throughout. Now after 20 games at 6-14, with almost all 14 losses at double digits, and even to mediocre teams, I can't believe no changes have been made. There aren't even enough rumors going around that Isiah's job is in trouble coming from Dolan himself. It's not just the record, just observing how this team plays, it clearly shows this Knicks team havs ZERO confidence and motivation. Make changes now! Start with the coach!

Dolan keeps him on so Isiah can scout out a good coach for the Knicks after all thats all Isiah's good at scouting! Maby we'll keep Isiah on, but not as Team Pres/Coach, but rather Team Pres/Head Scout. We're gonna have to pay him anyway. Why not keep him to make draft picks till his contract is up? The Team President title is bull anyway trades don't get done unless the Head coach and Team Owner agree on it. The team pres. dosen't really have much to say about who gets played and whitch peices our roster requires sounds perfect for Zeke!

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Isiah's gotta go!

Isiah's good at scouting but definitely not we need as a coach. Let's not forget he was never really a good coach anyway. He had that one stellar 1st half season with the Pacers which didn't hold well in the 2nd half of that season culminating in a first round defeat to a lower seeded team, the Celtics. Coaching is not his thing! And after losing three straight to 2 of the worst teams.. what the hell?! Turns out the Knicks are much worse than these 2. The only team worse than us are the lowly Timberwolves and they don't even have Randy Foye yet. Isiah, when the hell are you gonna leave??? Knicks team needs motivation and confidence.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
isiah has a $24m contract over 4 years (3 left after this year)... he is not leaving on his own...

That's a big problem.

Dolan is probably tired of eating big contracts and may not even really care as much about the team winning as the profits. It's not that he wouldn't prefer winning. I'm sure he would. But at some point he's going to stop throwing money around.

(either that or Isiah has pictures of him with young boys)

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think what everyone here is missing on is Isiah The Coach is not the main problem here, it's Isiah the GM!!! That's the position that causes and has caused the mess we are in. It's a dangerous position because the person who sits in that chair will design the team and carve out the future (5 years or so) for the franchise. Someone who is incompetent (Like say.... Isiah) can ruin a organization. If you have a good GM and a bad coach, the most you can do is maybe ruin a season or underachieve in a season. The other way around, say having a totally incompetent GM and a hall of fame coach can render that coach mute and powerless. If you put Chuck Daily, Pat Riley and Red Arbuach on the side lines coaching this team it wouldn't make a difference. This team stinks!! Fire both the GM and coach now and bring in West as the GM and bring back Jeff vangundy!!! Bring in a GM who would know how to take a few of the guys that have some value and make some key trades that actually make sense.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think Isiah stinks as both a coach and a GM.

As a GM, he tries to get more talented players than he gives up, but almost without any regard for whether the new players fit with the existing players and whether they add a missing piece to the team.

IMHO, getting rid of Francis for Zach was a great trade "talent wise". But Zach did not really fit a Knick need. The Knicks already had Lee to rebound and other scorers. Zach can score inside and out, but his inside scoring takes away from Curry's inside scoring and Curry's touches take away from Zach's scoring relative to Portland. So how much did we really gain. The combination of Zach and Curry is not really scoring and rebounding all that much more than Curry and Frye on a 48 minute basis. I would argue that for whatever we gained, we may have lost in other ways.

If we weren't going to start Lee at PF instead, then what we really needed was a defensive minded PF that would rebound, block a lot of shots, clog up the middle on defense, help out on switches etc... to make up for Curry on the defensive end.

If we didn't trade for a PF and used Lee or kept Frye, then what we needed was a consistent outside scoring threat at SF or SG that could light up 3s and perhaps pass well. That way if we went with last year's strategy of running the offense through Curry, when they doubled or tripled him there would someone outside he could kick it out to that could consistently knock down the shot. Qrich and Crawford can't do that and never will.

Despite all the mismatched duplicative talent (like why do we need both Balkman and Jeffries), the team is still horribly coached. There is nothing cohesive about either end of the floor. It's all random. It looks like a bunch of reasonably talented guys that never played together got together to try to play against an organized professional team. Pathetic!!!

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
At this point I dont know if theres anything Isiah could do that could get him fired. If he murdered Charles Dolan, James would still keep him. Its up too us the fans to get him fired, we need to do sumthin.

paris401

Starter
we have 12 1st round draft choices on the roster... that's more 1st rounders then any other team in the league...

what we have is a collection of 1st rounders... what we don't have is a TEAM...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
At least Channing Frye is not one of them. He still aint doin shit with Portland even with Oden and Aldridge out. Frye will forever be a soft player who went much higher in the draft then he shouldve.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
At least Channing Frye is not one of them. He still aint doin shit with Portland even with Oden and Aldridge out. Frye will forever be a soft player who went much higher in the draft then he shouldve.

Frye is incredibly disappointing.

I'm not saying he should have gone on to be an all-star or anything, but he seems to be getting worse instead of better. Last year he was hurt early in the season and didn't get as many touches because of the way we ran the offense though Curry, but why is he so bad this year? I don't get it.