Official Boxing Thread

jimkcchief88

All Star
Roy Jones didn't impress anyone today. He's been active while Trinidad hasn't in two years and went up two weight classes than regular. Most Roysexuals thought Roy would win by TKO, they lost and were proven wrong.

Tito did everything he could do, no one expected him to win, but he fought hard and smart, and you have to respect that, especially a legend like Tito. Tito suprised everyone by taking the first 3 rounds.

Tito can't utilize his strengths at 170...his range is 150-160. But if anyone is back, its Tito, he still has the skill and if he gets in better condition I want to see him take on De La Hoya and settle that once and for all.

Tito picked a tough opponent to make a comeback. He fought well but it is hard to overcome a 42 month layoff and combine that with the fact he had never fought at 170 before. But he is an action fighter and I would rather see Tito-De la Hoya than Mayweather anyday.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Tito should have fought Mayweather or De La Hoya in the first place...RJ was always a league above Tito even in their prime. Roy has skills...tito relies on power and only power...RJ would always outclass Tito (even with the bicep tendon tear). Again I like tito but when he stepped into the ring with B-Hop and RJ...they were always a league higher and one step ahead of Tito.

metrocard

Legend
Get out of my thread homo, you're irrelevant to this site.

Even the president of the WBC is not that happy that PBF is choosing to fight DLH again. Damn, Mayweather is such a pussy.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=12304
WBC President Wants Mayweather vs. Cotto Recommend this page Printable version Search BoxingScene Database

By James Blears

As the President of the World Boxing Council, Jose Sulaiman says he?ll support any credible fighter that Floyd Mayweather Jr, the WBC welterweight champion, decides to take on next, but his sporting preference would be Miguel Cotto.

Don Jose confirmed: ?Mayweather is in a voluntary stage. As a boxing commissioner, I?ll tell you, whoever is of good quality that is rated, we?ll support. They (Cotto) are picking May or June (to return) because those are great months for boxing.?

Don Jose also explained he?s not going to crowd the world?s supreme pound for pound fisticuff genius, with the praise:

?Mayweather is a proud WBC Champion. He has won the highest number of belts of the prime organization. While (other) people are coming with nine world championships from many alphabet organizations, which means nothing.?

A second fight with Oscar De La Hoya doesn?t really grab Don Jose that much. He said: ?Maybe, but it will not be the same (as the first fight).?

But as an avid boxing fight too, the sound of Miguel Cotto (WBA Champ) resonates. He said:

?It would be a very good and interesting fight, because Cotto is an undefeated, very good welterweight.?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Get out of my thread homo, you're irrelevant to this site.

Even the president of the WBC is not that happy that PBF is choosing to fight DLH again. Damn, Mayweather is such a pussy.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=12304

LOL....and who are you again enslaved ignorant midget? Get on my level (physically and mentally) and then maybe I might listen to you...this kid is too funny.

Anyways...Taylor vs. Pav....who's winning? I have Taylor winning easily...

metrocard

Legend
Is he really gay or just sadly obsess with me? I made this thread to keep his fat monkey ass out; but he desperate follows, reads over and reply to everything while he rides solo on my ignore list. He should be terminate from the site perminately since all he does here is ride my dick and doesn't add anything to site except a lot of bad post. Damn fat people.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Why does this kid keep responding after my posts? You're on the ignorant list you fat midget...check this kid's myspace picture if you disagree LOL. You suck at life in general so you try to frustrate me which is not the case. See that's the definition between you and I...I am professional in everything I do...you work two walmart jobs because you aren't capable as I. You are nothing. And you will never make it because your posts lack reasoning and intelligence. You spend more time on this website than learning in the class room...am i making my point clear? I will never take you seriously because you are below me...kinda like the way RJ treated Tito LOL. I laugh at your lackluster attempts to "shut me down" because in the end...my intelligence clouds your small world of ignorance...I know it hurts...I'm just another extraordinary brotha that is thriving in an environment not equal to all. So go smoke some weed and drink that liquor....as I succeed and live the lavished life. Thank you God for not making me fat and thank you for not making me short LOL. Because I would be mad all the time too.

Anyways....RJ is going to fight the winner of B-Hop and Calzaghe or the winner of Pav vs. Taylor....who should he fight? B-Hop or Cal would make more dollars but beating a young guy at this stage of his career would be great for his resume. What do you all think?

metrocard

Legend
This user is on your ignore list.

LOL, this nigga stays losing. From being an illiterate Isiahsexual thug wanna be to being the least respected jackass of the site. I honestly picture him crying over the fact he'll never get off the ignore list or stop riding my meat or even say anything truthful or meaningful related to sports or life itself. This fat ass should just load up the .45 and blow his monkey brain away.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thats bullshit, F*ck Mayweather. The first DLH mayweather fight was boring, this one will be even worse.

Pavlik vs Taylor

I cant wait for this fight. Im not sure who to go with. Obviously Taylor is the better boxer, its not close. Pavlik is a tough fighter who hits hard and hes tall with long arms. It could go either way. Im gonna take a chance and say Taylor by decision.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Thats bullshit, F*ck Mayweather. The first DLH mayweather fight was boring, this one will be even worse.

Pavlik vs Taylor

I cant wait for this fight. Im not sure who to go with. Obviously Taylor is the better boxer, its not close. Pavlik is a tough fighter who hits hard and hes tall with long arms. It could go either way. Im gonna take a chance and say Taylor by decision.

Exactly...that's how I feel about the fight. You always have to give a puncher a chance but Taylor has more skill so I have Taylor by decision or possibly a late KO.

metrocard

Legend
This message is hidden because The 1 and Only is on your ignore list.

lol, I love seeing that, owned.

Quintana should hang toe to toe with Williams. Williams is a freak and a pussy with no power. He would die at middleweight; left hook from Tito should kill him good. Even at welterweight Williams has no power; just pitty pats. Williams only faced one lefty before in his career too; Quintana is very skilled, has a great combination of power and quickness; definitely the more powerful and quicker boxer. Williams once again is a freak with only the physical advantage. Seeing him get knocked the fuck out and knocked the fuck out of boxing would be a cherished moment.

metrocard

Legend
CARLOS QUINTANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quintana Wins 116-112
VIVA PR PUNETA!!!

Yesssssssssssssss, Another Boricua Champion...all the Paul William nut huggers, RIP!!!

Paul Williams doesn't know how to punch, he slaps. His defense is the ugliest I ever seen, I could knock his lanky ass out. He has no accuracy or power. What the hell is a 164 welterweight? Williams doesn't know how to use his physical advance and lacks technique and skill. Quintana proved he's the superior boxer by destroyed both the left and right eye of Williams. He's back in the welter weight race with Mayweather, Cotto, and Cintron. To the idiots who thought Cotto couldn't "handle" Williams, LMAO. Quintana is the TRUTH and Williams got exposed; Cotto destroyed Quintana. Cotto is a monster and no one is on his level and has dominated everyone; Mayweather needs to step up and fight him.
Hype Train: Derailed
So, we learned a few things from this fight:
1) Quintana is as good his record suggests.
2) Cotto is an animal.
I'm glad I stand right once again; where the doubters have their head in a pile of shit. I love this feeling; time to get the henny and call wifey, Sunday is party all day; fuck work.

metrocard

Legend
PR owns 75% of Welterweight division's belts.

Just an island of 3.8 million people.

Quintana is the third man that became World Champion after being brutally defeated by Cotto. This talks a lot about the greatness of Cotto. Cotto defeated Torres and Torres is now a 140 champ. Cotto defeated Malignaggi and Malignaggi is now a 140 champ. Cotto defeated Quintana and Quintana is now a 147 champ.

Mayweather, please don't run anymore, you know that your only menace is Miguel Cotto. After this fight happens (Cotto will defeat Mayweather 116-112 or by late KO), Cotto will be the #1 p4p boxer in the world.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
This is not the first time in boxing that PR has multiple champs in the same division.

At this point PR has 4 of the top ten WW in the world with 3 of them holding a title belt...Collazo is the other one, and soon he should be moving up in the rankings, if Berto's people opt to have Collazos as Berto's opponent, his deficiencies will be showcased , like El Indio did with Pussy Williams

Watch for Juan Manuel Lopez, he will be holding a title belt before the end of 2009; 24 year old with 20 wins, 18 by KO's

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kelly Pavlick gets the decision in 12 rounds, winning the rematch against Jermaine Taylor.

Upcoming Fights:

APRIL 12
Miguel Cotto vs Alfonso Gomez
Kermit Cintron vs Antonio Margarito

Chad Dawson vs Glen Johnson
Clinton Woods vs Antonio Tarver

APRIL 19
Bernard Hopkins vs Joe Calzaghe

MAY 3
Oscar De La Hoya vs. Steve Forbes

MAY 31
Shane Mosley vs. Zab Judah

New New York

Quiet Storm
I really thought the ref was going to let Cotto beat Gomez to death. I got to give up to Gomez I dont think I've ever seen that much heart/stupidity in my life of watching Boxing!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Anybody see the Hopkins-Callzage match-up last night??? I thought Callzage was the busier fighter which isn't hard to be against the 43 year old Hopkins, but Hopkins landed the more compelling shots and had a knockdown. What did you guys think of the decision???

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Anybody see the Hopkins-Callzage match-up last night??? I thought Callzage was the busier fighter which isn't hard to be against the 43 year old Hopkins, but Hopkins landed the more compelling shots and had a knockdown. What did you guys think of the decision???

It appeared as if Calzage won but its tough to tell, alot of his punches were missing. Every Hopkins fight is hard to score, he one of my top 3 favorites but it did look like age has finally caught up with him. He still has an arguement as to why he won because as you pointed out his punches were more effective and he had the knockdown.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I really thought the ref was going to let Cotto beat Gomez to death. I got to give up to Gomez I dont think I've ever seen that much heart/stupidity in my life of watching Boxing!

For some reason i cant find the full fight but i just watched about 2 minutes of highlights. Cotto f*cked him up, that wasnt even a fight. Gomez showed some heart but Cotto is a very hard puncher for a welterweight and hes very skilled. Whenever Floyd Mayweather decides to stop hiding i think the 2 of them would have a great fight.

metrocard

Legend
6r4ri0.gif

Was he afraid of Oscar de la hoya? I do not understand why he would retire. Floyd already beat Oscar without breaking a sweat and he is giving up a very large payday.