The chicken or the egg

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Don't know if this article is already posted anywhere else....
I think the idea is worth giving a try:

The Chicken Or The Egg?
Authored by Jason M. Williams - 12th December, 2007 - 12:56 pm

Madison Square Garden has become a stable nesting ground for boo-birds lately, as the Knicks have dragged their way to an embarrassing 6-14 record through the first quarter of the season. Recent reports suggest that Isiah Thomas is unhappy with the fans, labeling their relentless booing as the culprit for the team’s dismal play.

Nowadays many of the Garden faithful have been heard booing Thomas and his players during player introductions. However, the heavy showering of jeers normally only begins to surface once the team digs itself into a routine early double-digit deficit.

The age-old question can be applied to this current Knicks' situation – Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Which came first, the poor play or the booing? ......

http://www.realgm.com/src_twoplusthefoul/170/20071212/the_chicken_or_the_egg/

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Interesting article. I've been saying this for a while now. The current starting lineup has too many one on one players that need the ball to be effective. I like his starting line and bench ideas.

Starters:
PG Marbury
SG Fred Jones
SF Balkman
PF Lee
C Zach randolph

Bench:
PG Nate
SG Crawford
SF Q. Rich
PF Jeffries
C Curry

That starting 5 has much more balance and the bench brings plenty of offense. If only Isiah could recognize this. Besides, Curry needs to be benched anyway. Maybe Isiah will be fired (I hope) soon and Herb Williams will step in and make some changes in the starting lineup. He has to recognize the flaws.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like that starting 5 too. Although Zach and Eddy both make the team worse, Eddy is even worse then Zach. E-city is averaging 5.5 rebounds. If I was as big as him and I sucked as bad as him, I'd retire and think about comittin suicide. He should be one of the best players in the league but because of his lack of mental toughness, he will never be anything more then a role player. Z-slow is averaging 10 rebounds. His defense is non existent but he wouldnt be bad offensively if he eliminated some of his shots against triple teams and double teams and if he got rid of the ball quicker once those double and triple teams came. Zach is not far from being valuable, but all we can do is wait and see. I expect him to be inconsistent, I think he'll have some good nights and some bad nights (again, only offensivley).

jzero29

Rotation player
in a new article,

in a news article, a fan qouted isiah saying give his team patience, give him time to turn this around, i wanted to yell what was the last 3 yrs? That wasn't time? that wasn't patience?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This should be the year the Knicks make the playoffs. If they dont make it this year, maybe thats what it would take for Dolans stupid ass to fire Isiah.

I just read the whole article, I only read the preview of the article before and I thought everything it said was true and it was nice to see Starbury get the credit and respect he deserves. I hate the way people on here hate him, he is the last player on the team that should be hated. Crawford would be a much better player comin off the bench. They need his playmaking (which isnt great, but its probably 2nd best on team) when Marbury is on the bench. I think Crawford would shoot better if he came off the bench also. The problem with our starting 5 is lack of energy and hustle. They fall behind early and havin Balkmen, Freddy JOnes and Lee in the lineup instead of Crawford, Q-rich and Eddy would help the knicks out alot early in games.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Jason M. Williams needs to be our next coach. This was a great article. At this point the line up has to be shuffled. Larry Brown would have switched it up 18 times by now. May be benching Curry is the best thing for him to get him self together. The suggestion would balance the line up

jzero29

Rotation player
Article in post.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12112007/sports/knicks/the_garden_of_hate_133712.htm
"According to Altschuler, Thomas said, "We're missing layups because you're booing." Altschuler, who worked 16 years for CBS News, said Thomas turned to make his stream of remarks in the third and fourth quarters, directing it to the first couple of rows.
According to Altschuler, Thomas invoked the phrase "Sixth Man," explaining what a crowd should be. Thomas mentioned Indiana and North Carolina as crowds that the Garden should emulate, she said. She said Thomas blamed a Quentin Richardson airball on the boos. Thomas could be seen by reporters in the third quarter exchanging words with fans, and did not deny it later. "

SO if Isiah is blaming the fans! He says the Indiana and North Carolina fans support their teams!!! SO go Coach there! Oh wait Indiana gave you the boot! Professional sports players should not need to hear the fans cheer D-fense, to play Defense. And besides, even when they do chant and are behind the team, the team hasn't come through. Isiah say give them time, He's had 3yrs. Hopefully times up. A boo should not make the pro's miss a shot. What happens when they go to other teams home? The guy is making excuses for his mistakes, that he throws in our face every night, by putting that team out on the court in a Knicks uniform! They have no pride, no heart, no defense and they soon will have no fans. This team is a disater. I love the Knicks, but this is a bad team of players, who don't even hustle enough for you to like them. They are a bunch of babies. I used to like Curry, but he's to soft mentally to ever suceed in NY, maybe not anywhere in NBA. This team is not a knicks team. It's garbage in Knicks uniform. I have officially given up on this team. I'm waving the flag and praying for relief. They blow. I can't root for a team that doesn't come to play, they don't put in any effort. They show no pride. During the whole Celtic game, there wasn't even so much as a dust up between anyone. There were no hard fouls as the celtics ran up the score. Even the back ups on boston, felt comfortable enough to run up the score. This team is done. They need some changing, they need a new influence and it all starts from the top! Dolan won't sell so I guess we start with Isiah, then the captain. How dare they even show their faces in MSG! These guys are pathetic. Oakely & Ewing should come back and kick these guys asses.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I bet Crawford and Q. Rich would accept coming off the bench. They wouldn't like it but they are team players that would be willing to sacrifice for the sake of the team. At least they wouldn't throw a hissy fit and abandon the team and blackmail the coach. Curry has to realize that he isn't playing well and should come off the bench anyway.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like what Crawford says but I dont like what he does. Isiah gets the blame for assemblin this team but no coach could be successful with this roster. This is where Crawford is wrong, he said not to blame Isiah and that fans should just say "trade Crawford." They should say "trade Crawford" but they should also continue to say "Fire Isiah."

Crawford says the right things but he doesnt back it up on the court. He continues to suck on both ends of the court (the least he could do is put up more points). Crawford is just like Randolph, if he protected the ball better and was more selective with his shots, he would at least be contributing on offense. We cant expect anything from these 2 on defense (Curry also).

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Isiah should make Crawford his spokesperson, let him handle the media. Thats about all Crawford is good for, sayin the right things. At postgame interviews, Isiah should go up there with Crawford and have him answer all the questions.

I found something Crawford is good for, now Curry and Randolph.

Cant think of anything.

metrocard

Legend
Curry and Crawford are bench players on a playoff team.
Curry and Crawford are starters on a lottery team.

Limiting Curry and Crawford's role on the team = good for the defense and offense
Giving the offense in Curry and Crawford's control = sloppy offense.

Management should of seen this a long time ago. I should be GM of the team.