Uh... Knicks... What The F...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Okay I want to preface this by saying, I have not fully given up on this season, and I won't give up on this season. With that being said, this is definitely not the Knicks team I envisioned over the summer or even over the first few games of the season. During the off season, I personally figured that the Zach Randolph trade was pure crap because though the knicks got the better part of the trade, they didnt pick up anybody who was going to address the needs that the knicks had in order to win. 20 games into the season, I still hold to that notion. Zach Randolph has been playing decent ball, better than Curry and what not, but like Marbury last year with Francis, Curry seems totally lost out there , and I believe adding Randolph played a part in that. I could write forever in regards to how the Randolph trade shouldn't have been made, or how another trade should have been made after getting Randolph, but I have other fish to fry. Curry has taken a huge step back. I have been a huge supporter of Curry in these forums but lately he has looked nothing like the man who was developing to a force last year. and yes like i stated previously, the acquisition of Randolph could have played a part in that, on the offense end, but his lack of performance on the defense end, less a few games which he actually was a presence, has been totally unacceptable. I truly believe, that Isiah missed the boat by not picking up Patrick Ewing when he was basically begging to become an assistant with the knicks. THe job Aguire has done is more than commendable, but a dude like Curry needed someone like Ewing to teach Curry how to be a big man. Aguire can help curry in the post offensively, but really what else is he doing? Ewing, unlock other big men who leave and come back to the sport, has aproven track record. Yao and Dwight are better players because of Ewing.

Every Single Knick player, with the exception of Jamal Crawford and i guess Fred Jones, has under achieved this season. The young guns, Lee, Balkman, and Nate have not become better, Marbury has not carried on what he did at the end of last season, Q-Rich hasn't been the force defensively as he was in prior years and his shot has not been falling. Everything is a mess after twenty games

Solution...
Stubbornness has got to leave the Garden so changes can come. A trade has to happen. As it stands right now the Knicks most valuable commodities are Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Fred Jones(contract) and Malik Rose(contract), they need to make a combo of anyone of those players along with someone else and get a shot blocking rebounding 4 or 5 who can play D. a Camby LIKE player.

After that fire the coaching staff, Dolan will not fire Isiah, because of whatever reason, so instead the coaching staff needs to go, like the George Steinbrenner use to do to yankees staffs b4 Torre. Fire every one and bring in some people with defensive mind sets, shit is Chuck Daly available, he's not 100 yet. and also learn some set plays please... Twenty games into the season, and I'm still waiting for them to run a pick and roll with Zach Randolph. 15 feet away c'mon now, its not rocket science.

Marbury has shown he could be a productive PG, this season he hasn't shown shit, Collins gets a shot to shine and show he could be the PG for the future and he doesn't do shit. so I don't know what to do in regards to the PG situation. Maybe Marbury can have a rebirth and have games like he did against the Jazz.. I dunno, but we need some penetration and easy baskets. This is getting ridiculous.

Curry or Randolph may need to go, of course I would rather Randolph, but at this point, it doesn't matter. a trade or one of them needs to come off the bench. These two on the court together for the majority of the game is not working. Randolph Morris may need to get some playing time, as a starter, and have Curry and Lee come off the bench, maybe that will put a spark under Curry..

Again, I'm not throwing in the towel as yet as there are still 62 games remaining. But when the season started, I decided that i'll give them 20 games before passing some judgment, not my final judgment, just some judgment.

Aight, I've said my piece for now... And the point where I Knew shit was really not going right wasnt the boston massacre, nope not at all... it was those back to back losses to philly... that mae me want to throw up.. disgusting

Pricey

Rotation player
Okay I want to preface this by saying, I have not fully given up on this season, and I won't give up on this season. With that being said, this is definitely not the Knicks team I envisioned over the summer or even over the first few games of the season. During the off season, I personally figured that the Zach Randolph trade was pure crap because though the knicks got the better part of the trade, they didnt pick up anybody who was going to address the needs that the knicks had in order to win. 20 games into the season, I still hold to that notion. Zach Randolph has been playing decent ball, better than Curry and what not, but like Marbury last year with Francis, Curry seems totally lost out there , and I believe adding Randolph played a part in that. I could write forever in regards to how the Randolph trade shouldn't have been made, or how another trade should have been made after getting Randolph, but I have other fish to fry. Curry has taken a huge step back. I have been a huge supporter of Curry in these forums but lately he has looked nothing like the man who was developing to a force last year. and yes like i stated previously, the acquisition of Randolph could have played a part in that, on the offense end, but his lack of performance on the defense end, less a few games which he actually was a presence, has been totally unacceptable. I truly believe, that Isiah missed the boat by not picking up Patrick Ewing when he was basically begging to become an assistant with the knicks. THe job Aguire has done is more than commendable, but a dude like Curry needed someone like Ewing to teach Curry how to be a big man. Aguire can help curry in the post offensively, but really what else is he doing? Ewing, unlock other big men who leave and come back to the sport, has aproven track record. Yao and Dwight are better players because of Ewing.

Every Single Knick player, with the exception of Jamal Crawford and i guess Fred Jones, has under achieved this season. The young guns, Lee, Balkman, and Nate have not become better, Marbury has not carried on what he did at the end of last season, Q-Rich hasn't been the force defensively as he was in prior years and his shot has not been falling. Everything is a mess after twenty games

Solution...
Stubbornness has got to leave the Garden so changes can come. A trade has to happen. As it stands right now the Knicks most valuable commodities are Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Fred Jones(contract) and Malik Rose(contract), they need to make a combo of anyone of those players along with someone else and get a shot blocking rebounding 4 or 5 who can play D. a Camby LIKE player.

After that fire the coaching staff, Dolan will not fire Isiah, because of whatever reason, so instead the coaching staff needs to go, like the George Steinbrenner use to do to yankees staffs b4 Torre. Fire every one and bring in some people with defensive mind sets, shit is Chuck Daly available, he's not 100 yet. and also learn some set plays please... Twenty games into the season, and I'm still waiting for them to run a pick and roll with Zach Randolph. 15 feet away c'mon now, its not rocket science.

Marbury has shown he could be a productive PG, this season he hasn't shown shit, Collins gets a shot to shine and show he could be the PG for the future and he doesn't do shit. so I don't know what to do in regards to the PG situation. Maybe Marbury can have a rebirth and have games like he did against the Jazz.. I dunno, but we need some penetration and easy baskets. This is getting ridiculous.

Curry or Randolph may need to go, of course I would rather Randolph, but at this point, it doesn't matter. a trade or one of them needs to come off the bench. These two on the court together for the majority of the game is not working. Randolph Morris may need to get some playing time, as a starter, and have Curry and Lee come off the bench, maybe that will put a spark under Curry..

Again, I'm not throwing in the towel as yet as there are still 62 games remaining. But when the season started, I decided that i'll give them 20 games before passing some judgment, not my final judgment, just some judgment.

Aight, I've said my piece for now... And the point where I Knew shit was really not going right wasnt the boston massacre, nope not at all... it was those back to back losses to philly... that mae me want to throw up.. disgusting
Your a bit rough on Lee not playing well and praising Crawford.
Is this the only game he has hit either .500 or above for field goals?

metrocard

Legend
Crawford has?

Anyway, you're predictions are off, again.

Do you understand the difference between getting better and not getting minutes they normally get compared to last season or limiting their roles for Crawford's, Randolph's, and Curry's predictions.

Obviously no.

Just like Isiah Thomas realizing he has built disaster, you and him both late realizing this. Both late realizing guys like Crawford and Curry are reserve players, not starters. Isiahsexuals and Isiah both predicted wrong; you can't succeed without having some cap flexibility. Fans like myself visioned this happening and we turned out to be right. Its too late to complain or change what you believe.

The only joy out of this is seeing Isiah's legacy get raped in the Garden. I hope the media gets worse and worse each day picking Isiah apart.

Isiah has ruined 4 years of New York basketball for myself and Knick fans from all over the globe with his ridiculous ass plan that went no where and back to no where. Fuck him and fuck any ex-Isiah supporter or current Isiah supporter. Just real talk.

Pricey

Rotation player
I'm saying players have not gotten better. do you think Lee has gotten better as a player?
I honestly think he has, he doesnt get the minutes though to show it.
I would say he is shooting better then he did last year.
I thank god everyday that im lucky i dont live in the USA so i cant even watch the Knicks lose if i wanted to.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I think Lee has gotten better also with the help of Aguire working with him has really shown atleast to me he has gotten better.He is a better post player,making better passes,and he is really starting to knock down those outside shots.

They said tonight that he went and asked Aguire to work with him and help him get better and it has really shown atleast to me.That is what I like to see from players is going and asking a coach for some pointers.Lee really wants to become a star in the NBA and I think he is on the right track.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
man to me jamal, david and Q are the only ones who care

Jamal,coming out and saying that SOME players are not playing very hard show me that he does care.David Lee going and asking Aguire for some pointers and showing how dissapointed he is after every game shows me he also cares.I also think Balkman and Nate want to win too but for some reason Isiah won't give them the minutes.

Pricey

Rotation player
Jamal,coming out and saying that SOME players are not playing very hard show me that he does care.David Lee going and asking Aguire for some pointers and showing how dissapointed he is after every game shows me he also cares.I also think Balkman and Nate want to win too but for some reason Isiah won't give them the minutes.
Cause Isiah is a jerk!!!
Perhaps he can bring back Mason and Oakley to play under the boards, gotta be better the Curry and Randolph.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Crawford cares about winning but he sucks too much to do anything about it. He is part of the reason why were losing and instead of trying to win games he should ask Isiah to bench him if he really wants to help this team cuz Isiah is too stupid to figure out that Crawford is not a starter. The same goes for Curry.

If Crawford wants to be a leader he should go to Isiah and tell him to bench himself and Curry. Leaders do whats best for the team. Isiah is too stupid to figure out that his starting lineup is the problem, or one of the problems.

I think Lee has improved since last year but not significantly. He has a couple of nice new moves but theirs players he should not try them against.
Ive seen players dominate him, block him steel from him and force him to turn the ball over. Against players like that he needs to stick to offensive rebounds, putbacks, dunks and layups.

GetRealistic

Starter
I like Lee. But how has he improved? He has the same game. The only reason people think he plays good D is because we compare him to Curry and Randolph. Did you see last night in th 4th quarter on that pick and roll. He let Durant completely blow by him and ge the dunk. He atleast has to be smart enough to give up a foul in that situation.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Well personally i think Jamal deserves to be in this team. I mean he does care about winning and well he is trying. Hes not being consistent but then again who in the Knicks is. I don't expect him to be the leader in this team i just expect him 2 give nice feeds and score a couple 15 points. Personally I want Stephon to step up and be the leader. He is out best player and stuff so y not him? But i don't see him coming back in awhile so eh right now were nothing. The only changes i think we need is probably MY FAVORITE PLAYER CURRY =/. Either he starts of the bench or i guess...trade him. And of course Isiah. I mean it ain't all his fault half out team dosent even TRY! So if i was him i would either bench them trade them or well LEAVE NEW YORK...