New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York Knicks(6-15) vs Chicago Bulls(7-13)​
Friday, 12/14 8:30PM ET Live on MSG​

Welcome to MSGKNickz33 pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and Im here to breakdown tomorrow nights matchup. The Bulls have won 5 out of their last 10 games and are beginning to play better. The Knicks have lost 4 straight and are now tied for the 3rd worst record in the league. The Memphis Grizzlies and the Miami Heat share the same record (6-15) as the Knicks. Only the Seattle Sonics and Minnesota Timberwolves are worse.

Lets take a look at the starting lineups for both teams.

The Chicago Bulls

pg-Kirk Hinrich
sg-Ben Gordon
sf-Luol Deng
pf-Joe Smith
C-Ben Wallace

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!!!

AT POINT GUARD, JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SHOOTHING GUARD, FRED JONES
AT SMALL FORWARD, QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD, ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER, EDDY CURRY

:gony::gony::gony:

Tonights Key Matchup is at the Shooting Guard Position.
Fred Jnes vs Ben Gordon
Ben Gordon can score quickly. Fred Jones needs to fight through picks and stay with Gordon while always gettin a hand in his face. Ben Gordon is the Bulls leading scorer averaging 18.1 points per game while Fred Jones has had some good games offensively but his strength is defense. It should be a good matchup for him because Gordon is only an inch taller. Jones is used to having to guard players 3 or 4 inches taller than himself.

What do the Knicks need to do to win?

• Chicago is the 9th best team defensively in the league. Knicks nee to take care of the ball, move the ball around and play as a team.
  • The Bulls are the 2nd worst team offensivley, Dont allow them to become one of the best teams on offense.
  • Attack Ben Wallace!!!! He's getting older and Curry had a couple of good games against him last year.
  • Box Out!!!! Chicago is a better rebounding team. At the same time, the Knicks should be a better rebounding team then they are so they need to work on boxing out and putting more effort in.
  • Guard their Guards!!!! Gordon and Hinrich have gotten off to slow starts but when they get going, they can put points up in a hurry. Both of them are good shooters and they can also break down defenses.

Jamal Crawford needs to have another game where he shoots around 50% from the field. His 4 turnovers against Seattle hurt the team so he needs to do a better job of taking care of the ball. Hopefully going up against his former team will fire him up.

Fred Jones needs to worry about defense more than offense. As mentioned in the key matchup, Ben Gordon can score. It will be Jones' job to deny him, which is a tough assignment. Once Gordon gets going, he can score 30 points easily. Thats why you cant allow him to make a couple of shots in a row because thats all it takes.

Quentin Richardson should also not worry about offense, his field goal percentage is very low. He needs to focus on rebounding and doing the best job as he can defensivley on Luol Deng. Deng is a tough player to stop because of his combination of strength and athletic ability.

Theres nothing special about Joe Smith so Zach Randolph needs to take it right at him. Smith does not have a single block in the past 5 games, but he did have a game where he scored 19 points against Chris Wilcox and the Seattle Sonics. This is not what Smith does nightly, hes a solid role player who might not be in the starting lineup the way Chicago continues to change their starter at the powerforward spot. Whoever Zach is matched up with, he needs to score. This team will not win games with their defense so they will have to do it with their offense.

Eddy Curry will go up against his former team also. He will be matched up with Big Ben Wallace. Wallace has clearly slowed down. He is getting older but hes still Chicagos best rebounder and shot blocker. Curry is taller and stronger. He should look to get good positioning down low and take it right at Ben. He had a good game against Wallace last year which he credited for his improve confidence. Hopefully, the same will happen tomorrow night. Curry has not looked confident at all the past couple of weeks.

Chicago has a tough bench. Tyrus Thomas, Andres Nocioni, Chris Duhon, and Joakim Noah are all capable of coming into the game and making an impact. Once this Chicago team gets things together, they're going to be tough because they have a good starting 5 and one of the better benches in the league. Nocioni would be a starter on many teams, he is intense and passionate about the game of basketball. The Knicks also have a talented bench. Look for David Lee, Renaldo Balkmen, and Nate Robinson to come into the game and make a difference. This should be a close game. The Knicks are more comfortable at this point playing on the road then they are at home so we'll see what happens.

Im Jazzy Jeff and I thank everyone for joining me, catch the Knicks and Bulls tomorrow night on MSG.

Last edited:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Knicks have no chance. They are playing the worst basketball of any team in the league and Chicago is healthier now and motivated to avenge that last loss. Looks like another blowout. You can turn off your TV at halftime.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
They gonna keep get beat until Marbury has played 2 or 3 games after comin back. This is proof that without Marbury, the knicks cant even beat teams like the Sonics and 76ers. I hope they get down big early. I want them to get it done and over with so I can go to bed, I gotta wake up 5:30 on Saturday for work. Even if they somehow have the lead at halftime its not worth watching the 2nd half cuz we all know whats gonna happen. I know Ill be stupid enough to stay up and watch the game and the Crawford misses a couple shots and turns the ball over and Chicago now has the lead with 2 minutes left in the game after trailing by 16 at the end of the 3rd. The KNicks have have collapsed offensively here in the 4th quarter and their defense has been poor the whole game. Ive seen it happen too many times but I continue to fall for it. Jerome, Eddy, and Z-Bo have the same problem cuz they continue to fall for Burger King.

Man I like Marbury as much as the next dude. But even with Marbury we probably still would've gotten our ass beat by those teams. This team overall collectively is playing like shit.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Well if you had any hope of Curry coming off the bench instead of starting tonight then sorry...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12142007/sports/knicks/curry_not_heading_to_bench_893584.htm

"It's only a matter of time before I put a complete game together and get back on track," Curry said.

"I feel good on defense, but ultimately it's the coach's decision. I feel comfortable, but maybe [Thomas] sees something different over there. He's the coach and I've got 100 percent confidence in what he's doing."

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea...Cury dirint mean that...he does want out he just saying that cuz he knwo he mess up a lil bit wit the media in Ny hes DONE!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
They gonna keep get beat until Marbury has played 2 or 3 games after comin back. This is proof that without Marbury, the knicks cant even beat teams like the Sonics and 76ers. I hope they get down big early. I want them to get it done and over with so I can go to bed, I gotta wake up 5:30 on Saturday for work. Even if they somehow have the lead at halftime its not worth watching the 2nd half cuz we all know whats gonna happen. I know Ill be stupid enough to stay up and watch the game and the Crawford misses a couple shots and turns the ball over and Chicago now has the lead with 2 minutes left in the game after trailing by 16 at the end of the 3rd. The KNicks have have collapsed offensively here in the 4th quarter and their defense has been poor the whole game. Ive seen it happen too many times but I continue to fall for it. Jerome, Eddy, and Z-Bo have the same problem cuz they continue to fall for Burger King.

ummm, didn't marbury play those back to back games against the sixers? and didn't he play the game against the Heat and the one against the clippers and the kings... maybe i'm wrong.. those are crappy teams.. we lost to them as well... Marbury isn't making a difference he's playing like shit this year

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
ummm, didn't marbury play those back to back games against the sixers? and didn't he play the game against the Heat and the one against the clippers and the kings... maybe i'm wrong.. those are crappy teams.. we lost to them as well... Marbury isn't making a difference he's playing like shit this year

Ummm didnt Marbury just lose his dad when he played against Philly, and didnt he not play that long?

He was startin to play better before this happened, NO WAY would we had lost those 2 games to Philly and that game to Seattle.

Lilman BK you gotta check on things before you post dumb shit like that but its cool, enjoy your weed tonight, I know I'll enjoy mine. We need sumthin to help with the pain of constantly losin.

And Knicklover, didnt Kidd miss that game also? And Curry Too? What is New Jersey without Kidd?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Curry can't even dunk it down. Knicks suck. I am goin to quit watchin and paying attention to this team for about a week. It will be hard for me to do.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
what is david doing out there no defense ... we need curry to block shot not be blocked by nocioni and smith, noah is pretty good I see david lee exploiting his old team mate in noah

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Eddy Curry is a pussy, straight up. You see how Noah was takin it to the hoop and Curry just hacked him and got called for the foul? I dont get blocked often, but when i do it increase my intensity. I get pissed when i get embarassed and I play harder. Why doesnt Eddy do this? Hes not very competitive, I wonder how much he even likes playin basketball. Wheres his heart at?

Players like Lee and Balkmen are great to have. You know they will give it everything they got. Curry doesn have the same attitude and he just got blocked again by Nocioni. Its a waste, like I keep sayin with his size he should be dominating like Dwight Howard. He'll never reach that level because of his lack of motivation, intensity, and desire.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Dont complain about D Lee. He is one of the better players on this team. He actually cares unlike Curry.. Curry got blocked, as a Center he sucks. No actually as a professional Basketball he blows!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Dont complain about D Lee. He is one of the better players on this team. He actually cares unlike Curry.. Curry got blocked, as a Center he sucks. No actually as a professional Basketball he blows!

I agree, I know I got on Lee (no homo) sayin hes not an allstar but hes one of our most valuable players. He plays hard and he plays to win. Hes a true professional and he should be in the starting lineup instead of Currys Fat ASS.

dp43

Rookie
I am following the game on ESPN gamecast, I don't have MSG at home. This is also my first post. Crawford doesn't seem to be shooting well. Still, a close game. Maybe we can pull this one out, did Curry start?

dp43

Rookie
that's cool, man. they're down by 3 at the half, how is everyones' atitude? :2cents: rock on. any isiah stories yet?

Moz106

Benchwarmer
I think the ball shud go in Z-Bo's hands more often, he's passin the ball better, i'd trade Curry and try to bring in a shot blockin center, Curry jus looks lost on defense, dis dude's hopless......

dp43

Rookie
curry is a bum, maybe if we get rid of curry and make jerome james the number one dude, he will react positively; remember that playoff series with the sonics? it's there if he feels comfortable. so let's just unclutter the mess and let our players shine.