Should Herb Williams be the Head-Coach?

Kiyaman

Legend
If the Knick-Players are tired of Zeke .... plus Dolan is going to let Zeke finish out this season then the best alternative is ....
Zeke should make an announcement (before or after this Bulls Game) saying he has Evaluated this team by coaching it, and he is needed more upstairs in the frontoffice to get things right.
While giving the Head Coaching Job to Herb Williams, with Mark Aquire & Hann as the assistant coaches to do as they please with this team, because in the middle of January 2008 everyone job in New York is up for jeopardy if this team dont produce WINS, especially the coaching staff.

We (Knicks) are 6-15 headed into Chicago to play the 7-13 Bulls.
Los Vegas outcome is the Bulls by 5.
loser.gif
vs
loser.gif

What do you guys think?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This would be great if it happened but Isiah is gonna continue to fight, unless he dies hes gonna fight. Someone needs to kill him.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I wouldn't mind it, but if that would happen, there should be NO ASST. COACHES under Williams that are here now. But, the fact is, thats not going to happen. Dolan wouldn't allow it, and Isiah isn't going to do it, and he has said as much..

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Like the song on Stillmatic the KNicks need to destroy and rebuild.

First 2 to go: Isiah and Dolan
Next 2: Curry and Crawford
Next 2: Zach and Q-Rich(Sorry Q, good luck elsewhere)

reckoning

Benchwarmer
herb could certainly do a better job than isiah. if this weren't jimmy dolan, herb would already be the coach, at least on an interim basis. i've always liked and respected herb. he didn't do such a terrible job coaching the team prior to the whole lenny wilkens debacle. he wasn't anything to write home to mom about, but he did a decent job, and deserves a real shot more than isiah deserves to still be around. also, herb and patrick ewing are good friends. i would love to see patrick back in ny as an assistant coach. maybe he could light a fire under some of these guys' asses. if eddy's gonna stick around, i really think having patrick around would be beneficial to his game.

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
I talked to Herb when I went courtside to a game, and he said he see's so many things he can do lol.

In my opinion Walt Clyde Frazier would be a GREAT coach.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
maybe he could light a fire under some of these guys' asses.

You gotta say no homo after a statement like this, any sentence that can be misinterpreted as sayin sumthin gay you gotta say no homo after.

For Example:

Hes gotta ram him hard down low no homo
He penetrates through the defenders no homo
he goes backdoor for 2 points no homo

metrocard

Legend
You gotta say no homo after a statement like this, any sentence that can be misinterpreted as sayin sumthin gay you gotta say no homo after.

For Example:

Hes gotta ram him hard down low no homo
He penetrates through the defenders no homo
he goes backdoor for 2 points no homo

lol

thats mad real.

dp43

Rookie
Larry Brown should be coach and team president..oh, wait..

Seroiusly, the guy won a championship and has consistently been an awesome coach. It was the best time for Isiah to go.

Herb? Herb is Herb, you know? I don't remember him being anything special his first time around. My gut says he's an assistant for life.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks need a defensive minded coach badly, Mike Dunleavy looked like Superman yesterday. Zeke ain't teaching defense when you have young guys like Balkman leaving their feet for ball fakes and having slow footed guys like Dunleavy driving to the basket. Jeff Van Gundy would be the guy I would want to be the next coach, he would teach these Knicks to guard the paint.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
No coach could help this team cause coaching isn't the problem. The players are the problem and Thomas picked the players so they should go and he should go. Herb wouldn't last the rest of this year if he were head coach today. Just look at what happened when Brown was coach and forced them to play D. It didn't work. Knicks first move should be to get Artest, then start looking for a traditional point guard. That's half of the battle right there. The hard part is figuring out what to do with the failed tandem of Curry/Randolph.

paris401

Starter
No coach could help this team cause coaching isn't the problem. The players are the problem and Thomas picked the players so they should go and he should go. Herb wouldn't last the rest of this year if he were head coach today. Just look at what happened when Brown was coach and forced them to play D. It didn't work. Knicks first move should be to get Artest, then start looking for a traditional point guard. That's half of the battle right there. The hard part is figuring out what to do with the failed tandem of Curry/Randolph.

true..true... what a mess...

Starks

Starter
I like Herb, but this is not the team for him to start his coaching career. NOT AT ALL.

No disrespect to him, but he doesn't have a voice strong enough or respected enough to reach any player on this roster.

End of story