Marbury

Player66

Rookie
Just a take on Marbury but he's a selfish overrated player. There's a reason that this is his 4th team. With LEnny as your coach this guy will be taking wild shots every game.

aswitzer

Rookie
Yes, I agree that Marbury is a selfish player. I'm not a huge Marbury fan, but I do have to point out that he put the Suns on his back last year and made the playoffs, nearly upsetting the Champs (Spurs) in the first round.

With the right coach, he's a talent that can be guided to help carry a team, especially on the offensive end. Not sure Lenny is that guy though...

WiL8000

Rotation player
Give Marbury another couple of weeks, then you will get a true preview of what he will bring to the Knicks. He needs to settle in, and get used to the styles of the other players like Houston. If he can get Houston open looks your going to see both thier statistics improve throughout the season. Not to metion the two other major scoring threats the Knicks have in Vanhorn and Hardaway. :twisted:

Mondo

Benchwarmer
Marbury's goin for his 5th 10 assist game in a row tonight since he joined the knicks, I've seen more selfish then that

Starbury

Rookie
Marbury if he gets the NY to playoffs and goes on like this he will be aiming the MVP!

:hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

Bruno

Benchwarmer
You know why exist selfish players ? Because they trust in hes shoot . And the bests players are the selfish players .

allan20

Benchwarmer
can't argue with that 8)
but we can look at the problem this way: since marbury arrived, the knicks are 6-6 including a 4 win streak

since wilkens was hired, the knicks are 4-3

now imagine if we would have started the season as we are now

jayp

Benchwarmer
i agree.. steph has been consistent with his numbers.. maybe the only thing that made him better was that he became more of a leader as what happened w/ the suns.. he's been taking less shots this season and getting more people involved.. have u ever watched him play? i mean not one game but a lot.. when he sees that his team mates have trouble making shots he takes it upon himself to score.. he is second only to kidd in assists.. show me proof that that marbury is selfish..

jayp

Benchwarmer
"He's a special breed," Dooling said. "I think he and Jason Kidd are the best point guards in the league. Maybe I should ask him what he's doing each summer." - on Marbury