Quick Fix Mambo #5

Choose the most effective tweak:

• Total voters

nixon7

Benchwarmer
rady edit: there's an option to add a poll when you start a new thread, no need to copy/paste an old one and change values :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I chose increase Balkmen and Lees minutes but i think increasing Chandlers and Morris's minutes would also help out. If it was on there, I would have picked decrease the minutes of Crawford and Curry.

reckoning

Benchwarmer
after last night, it's obvious that giving lee more minutes is part of the solution. he should really be starting instead of curry.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Yes, but...

Clearly Lee was great.

However, we did not see enough of Balkman to tell anything; although I suspect that adding minutes for Balkman would have been similarly positive. QRich started out so hot that Balkman ended up under-utilized, even when QRich slowed down. Strangely, even when QRich got hurt, Isiah was slow to replace him. It seems as though Isiah has *concentration* problems.

It is also unclear if either Lee, Curry, Randoph, and Rose can handle a stronger front-line, without help from Morris and Chandler.

It is also unclear that the defense played last night is sufficient against stronger offenses. The Carlyle option represents the idea that Isiah needs help on the defensive strategy, not just an Artest acquisition, short of "fire Isiah". The run&gun, press&trap option is a strategy to try to take advantage of the Knicks superior depth, but underwhelming starting five.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
after last night, it's obvious that giving lee more minutes is part of the solution. he should really be starting instead of curry.

:agreed:Sounds like sumthin that I would say, I been sayin that Curry is the #1 problem and Lee should be startin instead of him.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Curry is the problem. Your right. Any other coach would notice this but of course we dont have any coach!

Im a great fan of david lee. i agree he should replace curry, even if he is 2 inch smaller! just look at ben wallace, not particularly tall yet plays much bigger. Thats the same with D-Lee.

Worst case senario we could move zach randolph to center?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Curry is the problem. Your right. Any other coach would notice this but of course we dont have any coach!

Im a great fan of david lee. i agree he should replace curry, even if he is 2 inch smaller! just look at ben wallace, not particularly tall yet plays much bigger. Thats the same with D-Lee.

Worst case senario we could move zach randolph to center?

It cant get anyworse, We could get away with Z-Bo and Lee cuz they both good rebounders. I wish Zach was in better shape. If he was conditioned better I dont think hed turn the ball over as much. He would be an even better rebounder and maybe hed play more defense. One more thing, Isiah needs to tell him to not shoot as much, try passing sometimes. Zach can make some nice passes but he looks to shoot almost everytime he gets the ball. He needs to stop being fat and selfish.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
It cant get anyworse, We could get away with Z-Bo and Lee cuz they both good rebounders. I wish Zach was in better shape. If he was conditioned better I dont think hed turn the ball over as much. He would be an even better rebounder and maybe hed play more defense. One more thing, Isiah needs to tell him to not shoot as much, try passing sometimes. Zach can make some nice passes but he looks to shoot almost everytime he gets the ball. He needs to stop being fat and selfish.

conditioning would convert him from being a good player to an all-star. he would be alot quicker around the basket and he would be able to get back on D. hes in danger of turning into the next jerome james!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The knicks starting 5 should be Jones, Crawford, Balkman Randolph and Morris. I put Morris in instead of Lee, because Morris has some size to him Curry can not play with Randolph and thats just a fact, though I do see Curry's defense improving which is a good sign. Curry Marbury Q and jeffries/Nate depending on the situation should be coming off the bench. I think this lineup should be in place until 1) a trade is made or 2)Curry and Randolph show they could play together or 3)Marbury shows he can be the Marbury of the second half of last season

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The knicks starting 5 should be Jones, Crawford, Balkman Randolph and Morris. I put Morris in instead of Lee, because Morris has some size to him Curry can not play with Randolph and thats just a fact, though I do see Curry's defense improving which is a good sign. Curry Marbury Q and jeffries/Nate depending on the situation should be coming off the bench. I think this lineup should be in place until 1) a trade is made or 2)Curry and Randolph show they could play together or 3)Marbury shows he can be the Marbury of the second half of last season

I put some more thought into this and I have come up with yet another new Starting 5 for the Knicks...

PG- JC Superstar
SG- Q-Rich
SF- Balkman
PF-Randolph
C-Morris

I haven't really watched Morris play that much, but right now he can't be too much worse than the combo of Zach and Eddy, so as it stands those two need to be separated until they can learn to play with each other.

The bench Curry Marbury Lee and Jones.