New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread 10/19

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hell nah Cormega aint better than Nas, Nas is the king of hip hop, Cormega killed that track "what's ya poison" wit mobb deep

Yea he did, its close with him and Nas. They both 2 of the top 10. You cant sleep on Cormega, he spit one of the best verses that I heard in the past 5 years on some song from My Brothers Keep with Lake. Here it is, its called The Oath.

21-cormega---the-oath.mp3 - 1.24MB

What made the drastic change in this Knick Team???

Z-BO played 29 minutes and Curry played 17 minutes.

George M.

Benchwarmer
To all Knick Protesters

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knicks beat cavs by 18 pts. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By playing DEFENSE no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:peace::beer::gony::smokin:

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Yea he did, its close with him and Nas. They both 2 of the top 10. You cant sleep on Cormega, he spit one of the best verses that I heard in the past 5 years on some song from My Brothers Keep with Lake. Here it is, its called The Oath.

Z-BO played 29 minutes and Curry played 17 minutes.

Fallen soldier, another classic, Cormega is a thug mc, Nas is a thug poet....

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
great win but again it came after everything got real testy so there was a lot of emotion going into this game... i just hope that it continues and becomes normal play for us... good job fellas :thumbsup:

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
Knicks for life!

this is a knicks forum guys. if you wanna talk bout rap go to one of our other threads/forums in the site. p.s dipset all day haha ANYWAY

thats basically what it comes down to! Curry and Randolph just dont gel. We need to rotate Randolph, Lee with a brusier like Ben Wallace. Get rid of Curry. Ive always supported Curry but he just doesnt help us win. Id trade him straight up for Samuel Dalembert or Okafor i dont care just some guy who can step in and play D. Id also trade Q with Balkman or Nate (and i love Both of them) for Artest.

A rotation consisting of Dalembert, Randolph, Lee, Artest, Jeffries, JC, Jones, Marbs and Nate would be nice.

Trading Q, Balkman and Nate for Artest would seem like a great idea but once Artest gets into foul trouble in one game, our defense would go down the game.

Trading Curry for Okafor would be an AMAZING trade but the bobcats would not do that so we would have to add Jefferies and Q Rich.

All I know is David Lee is a fucking god and I would think twice about trading him for even Dwight Howard.. (Honestly of course I would trade him for Howard but I would feel guilty because David Lee is the future, just needs to get quicker with his jumping and running.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Man you crazy or must be related Joe Buddens...He's not even hot anymore how long can you rap about nothing....Dip Set yo they are trash they old heads rappin for the new generation, Anyone who has been out since B.I.G and isnt hot just needs to give it up. I love the M.O.B.B, they keep it consistant. It's all good though.

Yo we looking good right now (knicks)
I never was a big fan of budden...and yes dipset is GARBAGE! hate them wit a passion...like god i cant stand them...Camron went from a good rapper 2 one of the worst >_> and di danywun c his movie...i know he aint a g liek he say he is and that shyt looked mad fake!...i mean the only good good rapper rite now is saigon...actually fabulous 2...I GET GREEN LIEK THE INCREDIBLE HULK...lolz
Im not a huge Buddens fan but hes good when it comes to beef and I dont like Jay-Z. I like the Diplomats but lyrically they are trash. I like old school shit mainly like sed BIG and everything before him was the best stuff but I keep up on tha new shit comin out, Styles P, Killa Cam, Jadakiss, Ghostface, and MObb Deep of course. Anyone who disses Jigga i like. Hes an old camel who needs to retire, his new album ill give him credit was good but Kingdom Come was the worst album I ever bought. I still dont like him, anyone wearin open toe sandels should not call themselves the King of NY. IM on that Black timbs black hoody shit.

Knicks up by 16 with 4mins 30secs left.
Yea Jay z is trash...in some songs he wasent dow...and Mobb Deep idk what happend 2 them...they were so good b4...now idk ever since g unit eh...
Cormega is a F*ckin Legend!!!!! I think hes even better then Nas, Tragedy Khadafi and Big Twin of the Infamous Mobb, man its all about Queens thats where the best lyrics come from. Brooklyn, Harlem, none of them can mess with Queens lyrically. Only Staten Island (Wu-Tang) is close to the lyrical skill of rappers from Queens. Add Big Noyd to that list, I got Prodigy goin right now cant wait for HNIC2 to come out, its comin soon.

Nate just got the play of the night with that dunk, guarenteed at least top 3 plays of the night. Good news, Celtics down by 5 with 5 minutes left. Im a Pistons and a KNicks fan tonight.
Naw! chill...NAS! i mean i love nas man and hear his songs FETUS....who the hell can rap about being in your moms stomach!? NAS! lolz and yea man i cant decide what 2 wear 2morrow pisonts or knicks jersey...=/
and oo yes....WOOHOO knicks won! lolz

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
this is a knicks forum guys. if you wanna talk bout rap go to one of our other threads/forums in the site. p.s dipset all day haha ANYWAY

thats basically what it comes down to! Curry and Randolph just dont gel. We need to rotate Randolph, Lee with a brusier like Ben Wallace. Get rid of Curry. Ive always supported Curry but he just doesnt help us win. Id trade him straight up for Samuel Dalembert or Okafor i dont care just some guy who can step in and play D. Id also trade Q with Balkman or Nate (and i love Both of them) for Artest.

A rotation consisting of Dalembert, Randolph, Lee, Artest, Jeffries, JC, Jones, Marbs and Nate would be nice.

would LUUUUUUUUUV if we could get okafor, but i think even the bobcats would laugh at the thought of trading him for curry.

:gony:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

My bad, Ill stop with rap talk.

I wouldnt trade Balkmen but I would trade Collins, Nate, and Q-Rich. Ben Wallace has slowed down too much and hes only gonna get worse at this point. Hes still not bad but hes not worth investing in. Eddy Curry for Samuel Dalembert or Omeka Okafor would be welcomed by me and most Knicks fans but I dont think the Bobcats are that dumb. Philadelphia might be but not the Bobcats, Okafor is clearly the better player of the 2, its not close. What about Curry and Lee for Okafor? Its still not worth it to give up Okafor because both of those players are nowhere near Okafor defensively, especially Fat ASS. When you get a pf/C who can score, defend, and rebound you hold onto them, anyone who thinks we have a player like this is probally smokin crack. Damn, there I go with the rap talk again, sorry. Anyways, Curry for Dalembert would be the best option of those three. If this deal happened, it would instantly help having a tall player who can defend and rebound in a way that Curry cant even dream of doing. And if we got Artest too, watch out!!!! Crawford also needs to go. Maybe if we got a better shooting guard who could play some defense Zach would fit in better. Probably not, he'll eventually have to go but hes got a bad contract. Like Curry, I think hes overrated too. Its the teams that try to score alot of points and dont play defense Golden State Warrior style that might take a player like Z-Bo. Or maybe we could trade him to Miami along with Crawford for Ricky Davis and Udonis Haslem. Wed have to probally give up another player, how about Mardy Collins or Nate Robinson? Miami is a desperate team right now.

metrocard

Legend
Big Pun >>> Nas, even though Nas is in my top 10

Any word spoken by Rakim > 99% of rapper's careers combined, Rakim was ahead of his time

Same with Mellie Mel

My top of all time

1. Big Pun(most complete)
2. Rakim(completely ahead of his time, and ahead of our time)
3. Big L(could replace Pun as 1, but I relate to Pun more, both equally good with tremendous complete all around game)
4. Mellie Mel (an originated who was ahead of his time, extremely ahead of his time, not appreciated enough)
5. KRS-1 (spokesman of Hip Hop, lyrical genius)
6. Nas or Jay-Z (both are equal to me)
7. DMX(mad underrated)
8. Tupac and Biggie (same with Nas and J)
9. Ice Cube(mad underrated)
10. Cuban Link (the most underrated MC right now) or Jadakiss or Styles P...they're all on the same level

We play 100 times better without Curvy, we actually look like a NBA team without Curvy. Hopefully Isiah benches the other cancers on this team...why am I hoping or asking Isiah for anything? I guess a win will make Knick fans suckering into going back to having faith in Isiah...god damn you Isiah, you bastard.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
what about eddie for pau gasol? word around the camp fire is that he ain't happy in memphis. he plays with energy (VERY, VERY IMPORTANT) he's got the euro mentality of being able to shoot all over the floor so he and zach could possibly mesh better. it wouldn't be two guys tryin to do the same thing.

that is of course zeeke can't work out a three team trade for okafor.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
what about eddie for pau gasol? word around the camp fire is that he ain't happy in memphis. he plays with energy (VERY, VERY IMPORTANT) he's got the euro mentality of being able to shoot all over the floor so he and zach could possibly mesh better. it wouldn't be two guys tryin to do the same thing.

that is of course zeeke can't work out a three team trade for okafor.

dis trade wud create more problems, we jus need a center to concentrate only on the defensive end and to block shots, dalembert wud complement zach so easy....3

dp43

Rookie
The inconsistency of this team is comedic. There has to be something worthwhile in that team, or they wouldn't manage these occasional triumphs. It's a matter of finding the right mixture.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
dis trade wud create more problems, we jus need a center to concentrate only on the defensive end and to block shots, dalembert wud complement zach so easy....3

IMO, he would still b a step up from eddie's lack of consistency, but i definately understand where ur comming from. just brought it up as a possible alternative incase no one wants to give us that type of player.
shoulda stated that originally, my bad.

wouldn't mind seeing dalembert as a knick, but to echo some of the concerns mentioned, would philly b that stupid to trade with in the division.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Curry is limited and one dimensional, but he's not the major problem.

IMO the major problem area has been SF.

This team absolutely needs a SF that can shoot consistently from the outside because Crawford is way too inconsistent and Marbury is only OK from outside. If Crawford and/or Zach is a little off everything falls apart because Qrich almost never picks up the slack (tonight he was fine) and those guys keep taking piss poor shots.

Plus, much of our bench can't shoot from the outside either (Lee, Balkman, Jeffries) Solid outside shooting from the SF would open things up for Curry and allow him to pass out of double and triple teams.

The other problem is when Zach has the ball. Granted he looks for a shot too often, but the rest of the Knicks all stand around when he has it. The other players need to move, set picks for each other etc.... so at least he has an option to make a pass to someone for an easier shot. I'd rather Zach shoot and make 40+% of them than pass to Qrich to hit 30%.

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
My bad, Ill stop with rap talk.

I wouldnt trade Balkmen but I would trade Collins, Nate, and Q-Rich. Ben Wallace has slowed down too much and hes only gonna get worse at this point. Hes still not bad but hes not worth investing in. Eddy Curry for Samuel Dalembert or Omeka Okafor would be welcomed by me and most Knicks fans but I dont think the Bobcats are that dumb. Philadelphia might be but not the Bobcats, Okafor is clearly the better player of the 2, its not close. What about Curry and Lee for Okafor? Its still not worth it to give up Okafor because both of those players are nowhere near Okafor defensively, especially Fat ASS. When you get a pf/C who can score, defend, and rebound you hold onto them, anyone who thinks we have a player like this is probally smokin crack. Damn, there I go with the rap talk again, sorry. Anyways, Curry for Dalembert would be the best option of those three. If this deal happened, it would instantly help having a tall player who can defend and rebound in a way that Curry cant even dream of doing. And if we got Artest too, watch out!!!! Crawford also needs to go. Maybe if we got a better shooting guard who could play some defense Zach would fit in better. Probably not, he'll eventually have to go but hes got a bad contract. Like Curry, I think hes overrated too. Its the teams that try to score alot of points and dont play defense Golden State Warrior style that might take a player like Z-Bo. Or maybe we could trade him to Miami along with Crawford for Ricky Davis and Udonis Haslem. Wed have to probally give up another player, how about Mardy Collins or Nate Robinson? Miami is a desperate team right now.
Man i agree, Get Haslem for sure, one of my fave players.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Although I choose Curry, I respect what everyone has to say about the position where we are the weakest because you can make good arguements for all of them.

While I think Marbury is the only player in the starting lineup who is not a problem, I know he hasnt proven much so far this year. He hasnt had the chance to yet, but once he plays 5 consecutive games we can start to make better evaluations. I think hes capable of doing what he did last year and thats why I dont think hes a problem but he hasnt done that consistently when he has played this year. Its harder to point him out then any of the 4 other starters because they have bigger problems then Starbury.

Im not gonna speak on Curry, Crawford, and Zach cuz i dont want to start soundin like a broken record. I havent talked about Q-Rich as much as these other 3 so thats what im gonna do rite now. The lack of offense from the small forward position has hurt us badly so far. It helps when you can get 15 points and good defense from your small forward like we did last year. One thing Richardson does consistently do well is rebound. I think he himself knows that Isiah is giving him too many minutes for the way hes played and that Isiah is an idiot. Q-Rich is all about playin his hardest and winning, and thats I think he would admit Balkmen deserves more minutes. He finally contributed more last night but I dont think we can count on him doin this consistently.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
oh yeah, anyone else notice whenever the camera is on stephon, he has a tom coughlin look on his face?

I noticed that too. Everyone else is celebrating and smiling, and there's grumpy, "towel head" not supporting his teammates effort. Typical. What a great teammate he is.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea well this was the best game of the season...and Newsday they dirint say nuttin about the win just about firing Isiah