New York Knicks at Orlando Magic Game Thread 12/26

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York Knicks(8-19) vs Orlando Magic(18-11)
December 26th 7:00pm ET on MSG​

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everybody. Welcome to MsgKnickz33 pregame show Im your host Jazzy Jeff and we gonna take a look at Wedenesday nights matchup in Orlando. Both teams have been struggling: The magic have lost 7 of their last 10 while the Knicks have lost 8 of their last 10. Both teams have loss 2 games in a row so we know at least the Magic will come ready to battle. You never know what to expect with the Knicks. What starting lineup will we see with Marbury returning and the chemistry problems of Z-Bo and Eddy?

Lets take a look at the projected starting Lineups:

Orlando Magic

pg-Jameer Nelson
sg-Keith Bogans
sf-Hedo Turkoglu
pf-Rashard Lewis
C-Dwight Howard​

And Now, Your New York Knicks!!!!!!

At Point Guard, Jamal Crawford
At Shooting Guard, Fred Jones
At Small Forward, Quentin Richardson
At Power Forward, David Lee
At Center, Zach Randolph

Now lets take a look at MSGKnickz keys to victory:

• Slow Down Dwight: Keep a body between him and the rim, Dwight does not have much game outside of 8 feet from the hoop
  • Defend the Perimeter: Orlando is a good 3 point shooting team, Knicks need to contest all shots!!!!
  • Box Out!!! Knicks are a good rebounding team(12) but Orlando is an even better rebounding team(8).
  • Play as a team: It doesnt matter who takes the most shots or scores the most points, Knicks need to share the ball and go with the hot hand.

Stat of the Night: When the Knicks allow their opponents to score 100 or more points, their record is only 2-14.

Now Lets take a look at our key matchup:

Zach Randolph/Eddy Curry vs Dwight Howard

Curry and Zach will be guarding/guarded by Dwight Howard most of the game. They need to make him work on defense and try to get him into foul trouble. To stop Dwight Howard, you cant let him get to the rim for those easy dunks. Theres one simple way to slow down Dwight and thats have a stronger guy like Curry keep his body between Dwight and the rim. Howard doesnt do anything past 8 feet and he does not posess incredible speed, he scores mainly off of dunks. He is a great player but he should not be scoring over 23 points per game.

Stephon Marbury is expected to play tomorrow but it is unlikely that he will start. The Knicks have been struggling so we'll see what happens when Marbury comes back and especially once he gets back into game shape.

Wednesday night the Knicks will have a tough battle with the Magic who have lost 2 games in a row and have been struggling. The Knicks need to come ready to play because the Magic might try to jump on them early. They can either move to 12 games under .500 with a loss or 10 games under with a win.

You can catch the game Wednesday night at 7:00pm ET on MSG. Im Jazzy Jeff and I thank everyone for joining me for my pregame show.
Merry Christmas

If you change to much, what are we gonna have off the bench, I think Curry should go to the bench he has to match up better with whats coming off Orlando's bench. If Curry can come in and score in spurts this might work, if he still plays bad he's gonna kill the momentum of the second team when we do our down by alot come back.

paris401

Starter
Theres one simple way to slow down Dwight and thats have a stronger guy like Curry keep his body between Dwight and the rim. [/youtube]

curry stronger then howard... i don't know about that... fatter...for sure...stronger, and quicker... i give the nod to howard...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
curry stronger then howard... i don't know about that... fatter...for sure...stronger, and quicker... i give the nod to howard...

Curry has the weight to slow down Howard but Im just tryin to be positve cuz its the game thread. Curry will be raped by Howard. He has no idea how to use his size to his advantage especially on defense. Someone had a good quote where they said small guys play basketball cuz they love the game. Big guys play because they can, well I think this is Currys problem. Howard is quicker but hes not the fastest big guy in the league. I think Garnett and Amare both are faster and more skilled on offense.

paris401

Starter
true, lee doesnt have the size or weight advantage on Howard. But at least hes much quicker and athletic than curry.

i have to disagree... i was in burger-king , and when they called eddie's number (his order was ready) he flew across the room... properly motivated that guy can move...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Ok just saw Gus read off the starting line-up and though I would have rathered Balkman instead of Jeffries, I kind of like it. I can understand bringing Balkman off the bench tho for energy purposes. Q moves back to the 2, Jamal running the Point. THe only thing is, if Q is not hitting from the outside, Curry will continue to be abismal because the defense isn't going to defend Jeffries and Lee. Curry should get 25-30 minutes as should Zach, but no more than 10 minutes of play together... here it is at 7:07 and I say the Knicks will win this game. Yea yea I said it...AND WHAT

metrocard

Legend
20 losses!!!

You're starting line up

Crawford
Q Rich
Jeffries
Lee
Curry

A PG who's a chucker
a SG who can't shoot
a SF who can't do anything
Good PF
Worst defensive center in the NBA

lol @ Randolph getting benched for Curry.

here it is at 7:07 and I say the Knicks will win this game. Yea yea I said it...AND WHAT

That means they're gonna lose. You've been wrong on all your predictions.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
And why does Jared Jeffries suck so badly. Gave up on plays on defense... and isn't playing well on offense. I think he is a waste.. Looks like an Alien

metrocard

Legend
And why does Jared Jeffries suck so badly. Gave up on plays on defense... and isn't playing well on offense. I think he is a waste.. Looks like an Alien

I don't know, I don't remember the last time JJ played lock down defense. He just doesn't seem to be consistent on defense...in the last 2 years.

lmao @ an alien

Arroyo is crazy... Z Bo 11 points off the bench...in the 1st quarter.

Word, Arroyo can't be doing that to Nate, Nate needs to have better shot selection and stay in front of his man. Arroyo just came off an injury too, Nate should have the advantage on speed; its just a matter of proper footwork.

Z-Bo is Z-Bo, questionable shots; but he's going to give you a lot of points and rebounds. I just hope he's atleast solid on defense...Rashard and Hedo are tough covers.