Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamal Crawford

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Happy New Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Sacramento Kings(11-18) vs New York Knicks(8-21)
Wednesday, January 2 at 7:30pm ET on MSG

Welcome to the first MSGKnickz33 pregame show of the New Year, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and Im going to break down the first game of 2008. The Knicks need to put the past couple of years behind them and come into this year with a different attitude. Poor game preparation and a lack of effort on defense have both contribute to the 8-21 record that the Knicks currently have. The Sacramento Kings are 3 games ahead of the Knicks in the league standings but they would have a better record if they played in the Eastern Conference. The Knicks have the talent to win this game but as we have all found out since Isiah took over, a group of players with alot of talent are not a team until they play together which has been the case with this Knicks team. This is a winnable game and what better way is there to start the new year then with a win, especially with a game in San Antonio coming up on Friday.

Its time now to take a look at the starting lineups for both teams:

The Sacramento Kings

at point guard, Beno Udrih
at shooting guard, John Salmons
at small forward, Francisco Garcia
at power forward, Mikki Moore
at center, Brad Miller

AND NOW ITS YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!!

AT POINT GUARD, JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SHOOTING GUARD, QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT SMALL FORWARD, JARED JEFFRIES
AT POWER FORWARD, DAVID LEE
AT CENTER, ZACH RANDOLPH

Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings will miss a couple of weeks after having surgery on his right arm. Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury are both listed as day to day. This is the projected Knicks starting lineup but as we all know the starting lineup has become a guessing game. ESPN.com said on Dec. 28, "Martin (groin) will have to earn his starting spot and court time according to Kings coach Reggie Theus, the Sacramento Bee reports." He will not be playing on Wednesday vs the Knicks.

Here are the keys to victory for the Knicks:

• Defend the Perimeter!!!! Sacramento has a couple of players who shoot well from downtown.
  • Play as a team!!! Something the Knicks do 1 out of every 5 games
  • Rebound!!! Sacramento is the worst rebounding team in the league, if the Knicks get out rebounded then something needs to happen.
  • Defend John Salmons!!! I see a big game coming for Salmons. He is a good shooter who somehow managed to block 6 shots the last time the Kings played the Knicks.
Key Matchup: the Kings vs the Knicks

There is not one matchup that stands out to me. It will take a team effort by the Knicks to slow down Sacramento's scoring while the Kings need to take advantage of their shooting. The Knicks have been unable to defend good shooters such as Garcia, Salmons, and Udrih who can all shoot well from mid range and the perimeter.

The Question marks of Wednesday nights game:

Will Stephon Marbury Play?
What will Curry do coming off the bench?
How many minutes will Nate Robinson get?
Will Balkman start to get more minutes?
How many turnovers will Zach Randolph get?
If Crawford plays, how badly will he be burned by Salmons?​

NEW YORK KNICKS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

DAVID LEE!!!!!!

David Lee was the best Knick in 2007. Although he is one of the lowest paid players on this team, his work ethic and effort have made him a fan favorite since he arrived in New York. It is dissapointing to see that he has finally been inserted into the starting lineup now. Although Lee's offensive ability is limited to mainly dunks and layups, he is working hard to develop a jumper. His defense is average at best, but still better then the defense seen by Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry. It would be nice to see Renaldo Balkman and Nate Robinson get more minutes on the court with Lee. These 3 players bring a very high level of energy to the team.

Im your host Jazzy Jeff and I thank everyone for joining me for my first pregame show of the New Year. Catch the Kings and the Knicks Wednesday night on MSG.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Happy new year my brotha, keep on keepin it real 4 dis year n many others to come, i hope we win dis game n get sum momentum goin, its high time, peace, oh yea n happy new year to everyone else on dis site, i appreciate everything, rather have bad times wit the knicks than have good times wit Boston or any other team in fact, PEACE!!!!!

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
The Knick Better Beat The Sacramento Kings Even Without Stephon Or Crawford Because The Kings Have Lost Their Starting Players Such As Bibby, Kevin Martin And Ron Artest. If The Knicks Loss To The Kings, Isiah Needs To Be Fired And All The Knicks Players Need To Be Traded. This Game Is A Must Win For The Knicks. If The Knicks Come Out Without A Win, It Will Be A Long Season Here In New York.

Pricey

Rotation player
Marbury is training so i cant see why he cant play now, if he doesnt then i will be dissapointed. Crawford trained with a wrist brace but reckons he will play. No excuses. Kings without Bibby, Martin and Artest should be beaten in my eyes.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hes the best Knick of 2007, not just this season.

I expect them to lose, as I pointed out Sacramento has a couple of good shooters and what do good shooters do against us? See Mike Dunleavy. If they play the way they should then they will win but my pops always says if my grandmother had balls then she would be my grandfather. Theres too many ifs involved so I expect a loss. Even if Marbury plays, who knows what he can contribute. He missed most of December so its gonna take him the first week or week and half of the month to get back on his NY shit. Just give him time, he'll be goin to the hoop Brooklyn style and shuttin down other guards.

I picked david Lee because he has been the most consistent Knick and because of the amount of time Marbury has missed. It was close for me between Lee and Marbury, I probably should had voted Marbury cuz no one else will but I truly feel like Lee was the best Knick of 2007. I have no comment on anyone who picks the other 2 but I included them just becuz I knew people would.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Hes the best Knick of 2007, not just this season.

I expect them to lose, as I pointed out Sacramento has a couple of good shooters and what do good shooters do against us? See Mike Dunleavy. If they play the way they should then they will win but my pops always says if my grandmother had balls then she would be my grandfather. Theres too many ifs involved so I expect a loss. Even if Marbury plays, who knows what he can contribute. He missed most of December so its gonna take him the first week or week and half of the month to get back on his NY shit. Just give him time, he'll be goin to the hoop Brooklyn style and shuttin down other guards.

I picked david Lee because he has been the most consistent Knick and because of the amount of time Marbury has missed. It was close for me between Lee and Marbury, I probably should had voted Marbury cuz no one else will but I truly feel like Lee was the best Knick of 2007. I have no comment on anyone who picks the other 2 but I included them just becuz I knew people would.

Such a stupid fool

Such a stupid fool
a stupid fool? a stupid fool for picking david lee? a stupid fool for picking one of the 3 players that have work ethic on this team? okay-lets look at the other options-

D Lee- who has to be the hardest working player on this team, also maybe the most energizing and as his experience grows, so will talent.

Steph- who was really the only other realistic option. A perfect example was when he carried this team on his back at the end of last year and made a playoff run and fell just short. The only reason, in my opinion, why he's not my vote- is the incident that happened about a month ago.

Fat Ass Curry- This had to be a joke. The fat f*ck who averages 5 rpg and .5 blocks. Only reason he's probably even on here is b/c of last year and his fg percentage, and thats because all his shots are dunks. The man cannot shoot free throws to save his life, and has NO low post game whatsoever.

Jamal- Somewhat of a realistic choice- example:the 52 pt game vs Miami last year. He's a step away from being a star in this league, but that step has been missing his whole career. VERY inconsistent. great game one day- shit game the next.

And am I such a stupid fool for expecting nothing from a last place team, and expecting little from a player who has been away from the team on and off for about a month?

So lilman_bklyn, am i such a stupid fool for picking lee too? and if so, explain to me some reason why.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
a stupid fool? a stupid fool for picking david lee? a stupid fool for picking one of the 3 players that have work ethic on this team? okay-lets look at the other options-

DLee- who has to be the hardest workking player on this team, also maybe the most energizing and as his expierience grows. so will talent.

Steph- who was really the only other realistic option. A perfect example was when he carried this team on his back at the end of last year and made a playoff run and fell just short. The only reason, in my oppinion, why he's not my vote- is the incident that happened about a month ago.

Fat Ass Curry- This had to be a joke. The fat f*ck how averages 5 rpg and .5 blocks. Only reason he i probably even on here is b/c of last year and his g perentage, and thats because all his shots are dunks. The man cannot shot free throws to save his life, and has NO low post game whatsoever.

Jamal- Somewhat of a realistic choice- example:the 52 pt game vs Miami last year. He's a step away from being a star in this league, but that step has been missing his whole career. VERY inconsistent. great game one day- shit game the next.

So lilman_bklyn, am i such a stupid fool for picking lee too? and if so, explain to me some reason why.

If I could add to your rep I would, Im glad to see some1 else who realizes that the only other realistic option besides Marbury would be Lee. LilMan Bklyn is one of the dumbest people on here. Hes a young kid that from what I understand just learned a couple of new swears about a month ago.

metrocard

Legend
GoKnicks just entered the elite list of posters on this forum with that ether and complete explosion of knowledge he dropped on lil.

Props.

Pricey

Rotation player
How could David Lee not be the best player last season, we r not saying he is better then other players but over the whole year he played the most consistent ball and work ethic in the team.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Not tryin to dig at Marbury, but David Lee has been the best thing ever to come to NY in the last 4 years since Zeke came in.....

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
GoKnicks just entered the elite list of posters on this forum with that ether and complete explosion of knowledge he dropped on lil.

Props.

Now the teams have been evened up:

Them:

One and Only
George M
Dr Crappy
Lilman Bklyn

Us:

• Metrocard
  • Protect your picks
  • MSG33
  • GoKnicksQRich23