The NO-DEFENSE Knicks!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks first game of the 2008 Year has given the team a New Logo Name,
" The No-Defense Knicks ".

The No-D Knicks had the perfect plan on their 33rd game of the season to show Poor coaching, Poor practicing, and Poor player performance on DEFENSE, which have to point at the Knicks coaching staff.

The Marbury & Crawford Tandem have to be the number one useless backcourt tandem in the NBA. And adding a slow complaining back-injury no defense/offense SF-Q.Richardson alongside of the two guards insure oponents of an above 12 point lead with the 3-players on the court.

There are not enough words in the English lanquage to desribe the NO-DEFENSIVE Effort given by Curry & Zach in the Knicks last 33 games other than put both out to pasture.

The Knicks Bench-Players performances on DEFENSE has been so Poor an embarrased to watch that a Knick-Fan can only get upset anytime one of the bench players score as if the entire team philosophy is "NO-Defense Knicks".

The NO-D Knicks!!! <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

jzero29

Rotation player
Sad but true.

Sad but true, this team has no concept of defense, until they get down by 20 and there is only 5 minutes left, then they flip a switch and play well. But it is always to little to late. The coach can't seem to get them to flip that switch earlier. I think it is his whole philosophy that it's not over yet, we still have time to turn this team around bullshit line, the players hear it and then they think we can wait till the last 5 minutes and then play. Isiah keeps saying it and they keep thinking it's okay to only play 5 minutes a game. This team is delusional. They think they are a good team?!! Where do they get that Idea from? They are not a good team, they blow. They could be a good team if they can turn that last 5 minutes into a full game effort. But they don't get it. If they aren't gonna ditch Isiah, I'd like for him at least call out his players. All of them. If I was the coach, I'd go off on them. Curry, Crawford, Marbury, Randolph, Richardson, Lee, Jefferies. Rip them apart, say the guys I picked I thought had heart, I thought would play hard. I WAS WRONG. I MADE A MISTAKE. What happened to last years team? That at least was competitve? They may not have won many games, but they never gave up and fought to the end of every game. Didn't always seem to be down by 20 late in 4th. At this point I'd say screw the company line, say it like it is. We are a BAD BASKETBALL TEAM. WE HAVE NO HEART, NO LEADERSHIP, NO PRIDE, WE ARE THE NO DEFENSE KNICKS

paris401

Starter
Sad but true, this team has no concept of defense, until they get down by 20 and there is only 5 minutes left, then they flip a switch and play well.

keep in mind that most teams at the 5min mark and up by 20, start to sub... so i don't think its a true barometer of

H O W M U C H W E S U C K

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im gettin tired of defendin Marbury but I will continue to because of all the ignorant opinions on him. First of all Kiyamanthe Marbury and Crawford tandem does not work because of Crawford, not Marbury. Marbury is the best defender on this team, better then Balkman. No one can keep their man in front of them and harass shooters like Marbury. Im really gettin sick of everyone pointin the finger at Marbury. How did Marbury play when he had better shooting guards playing alongside him such as Allan Houston and Shandon Anderson? He was averaging over 8 assists a game and he still would be if he had better players around him. Im not gonna go through the weaknesses of every player on this team, Ive done that 100 times and its obvious anyways. Other then that I agree with everything you said Kiya.

JZero - I also agree with everything you said except your list of players that need to be ripped into. Marbury does not belong on this list. The only thing Isiah needs to tell Marbury is that "this is your team, you the best player, and play the way you used to. Dont defer to Curry, you're the best everything on this team: the best passer, scorer, and defender. Be starbury." Everyone else needs to be ripped into, especially Curry and Zach. its not Richardsons fault that hes gettin the minutes he is, Isiah is too stupid to realize hes not the player he was last year.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Im gettin tired of defendin Marbury but I will continue to because of all the ignorant opinions on him. First of all Kiyamanthe Marbury and Crawford tandem does not work because of Crawford, not Marbury. Marbury is the best defender on this team, better then Balkman. No one can keep their man in front of them and harass shooters like Marbury. Im really gettin sick of everyone pointin the finger at Marbury. How did Marbury play when he had better shooting guards playing alongside him such as Allan Houston and Shandon Anderson? He was averaging over 8 assists a game and he still would be if he had better players around him. Im not gonna go through the weaknesses of every player on this team, Ive done that 100 times and its obvious anyways. Other then that I agree with everything you said Kiya.

JZero - I also agree with everything you said except your list of players that need to be ripped into. Marbury does not belong on this list. The only thing Isiah needs to tell Marbury is that "this is your team, you the best player, and play the way you used to. Dont defer to Curry, you're the best everything on this team: the best passer, scorer, and defender. Be starbury." Everyone else needs to be ripped into, especially Curry and Zach. its not Richardsons fault that hes gettin the minutes he is, Isiah is too stupid to realize hes not the player he was last year.

I AGREE WITH U BROTHER, WHEN THINGS AREN'T GOING WELL FOR THE KNICKS, PEOPLE INTEND TO POINT THE FINGERS AT MARBURY. JUST BECAUSE HE IS THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND 3RD PAID PLAYER IN THE NBA. I THOUGHT BASKETBALL IS A TEAM SPORTS THEREFORE IF THINGS AINT GOING WELL, ALL PLAYERS NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. ISIAH NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE ONLY WAY THE KNICKS CAN SUCCEED IS IF MARBURY IS PLAYING THE WAY HE IS USED TO AND PLAYING TO HIS POTENTIAL. SINCE THE KNICKS TRADED FOR JAMAL, EDDY AND RICHARDSON, I NEVER SAW MARBURY RECORD DOUBLE DIGIT ASSISTS WHICH TELLS U THAT MARBURY AINT SURROUNDED WITH SHOOTERS. EVEN WHEN HE WAS WITH THE NJ NETS, AN INJURY DEPLETED TEAM, WITH ALL THE INJURIES TO THE KEY PLAYERS AND STARTERS, MARBURY RECORDED MORE DOUBLE DIGIT ASSISTS WITH KEITH VAN HORN PLAYING ALONG HIS SIDE. AND WHAT I NOTICE IS THAT WHEN MARBURY IS PENETRATTING, NOBODY IS RUNNING ALONGSIDE FOR THE EASY BASKET ONLY WHEN DAVID LEE IS IN THE GAME. I THINK MARBURY'S SITUATION WITH THE KNICKS IS SIMILAR TO RANDY MOSS WITH THE MINNESOTA, NOW THAT HE IS PLAYING ALONG SIDE TOM BRADY, HE IS PLAYING THE BEST FOOTBALL OF HIS CAREER AND I THINK IF MARBURY CHANGES SCENERY, HE WILL BE BACK TO HIS ALL STAR FORM.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks don't have defense,but the main reason they don't is because of terrible trades. In the 2004-2005 season, the Knicks had good interior defense with Kurt Thomas and Nazr Mohammad(both averaged 1 block a game each that year).But thanks to Isiah Thomas, who traded Nazr Mohammad for an overpaid Malik Rose and Kurt Thomas for an injury prone Quentin Richardson, the knicks now have no defense.Thanks Zeke!
P.S.- Stop bashing Stephon Marbury. He's the best player on the team. He averages 19 and 7 for his career and has made 2 all star appearances. Nobody on the knicks has accomplished any of this, so back off.Even last year, where Marbury's numbers went down, he had about 6 30 plus point games. Name someone else on the Knicks that has done all of this? You can't.And by the way, Marbury has been a loser on every team he's played not because he sucks, but because every team he's played for sucks. That's not his fault. You put Starbury on the Lakers with kobe, the Cavs with Lebron James, or the miami heat with wade, all those teams would be in the race for a championship.

Last edited:

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
The Knicks don't have defense,but the main reason they don't is because of terrible trades. In the 2004-2005 season, the Knicks had good interior defense with Kurt Thomas and Nazr Mohammad(both averaged 1 block a game each that year).But thanks to Isiah Thomas, who traded Nazr Mohammad for an overpaid Malik Rose and Kurt Thomas for an injury prone Quentin Richardson, the knicks now have no defense.Thanks Zeke!
P.S.- Stop bashing Stephon Marbury. He's the best player on the team. He averages 19 and 7 for his career and has made 2 all star appearances. Nobody on the knicks has accomplished any of this, so back off.Even last year, where Marbury's numbers went down, he had about 6 30 plus point games. Name someone else on the Knicks that has done all of this? You can't.And by the way, Marbury has been a loser on every team he's played not because he sucks, but because every team he's played for sucks. That's not his fault. You put Starbury on the Lakers with kobe, the Cavs with Lebron James, or the miami heat with wade, all those teams would be in the race for a championship.

WELL SAID MAN, TRADE MARBURY TO MIAMI ALONGSIDE WADE, EVEN IN BOSTON WITH KG, PIERCE, ALLEN AND OTHERS, THAT WILL BE 4 BONIFIDE ALL STAR STARTERS. MARBURY HAS BEEN JUDGED UNFAIRLY. ATLEAST PEOPLE FOR GET TO SAY HES MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS ON ALL THE TEAMS HES BEEN ON EXCEPT FOR NJ AND EVEN THOUGH HE NEVER MADE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND AT LEAST HE MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS. THERE ARE OTHER GUYS THAT NEVER MADE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND BUT U DON'T HEAR OR SEE THE MEDIA CRITICIZE THEM BUT THEY ONLY CRITICIZE MARBURY WHICH IS UNFAIR.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Its great to see people steppin up and defendin Marbury, Im gonna continue to do it no matter what happens and Im glad to see im gettin some more help. It seems like half the people on here are Marbury haters but judging by their reasons it doesnt even sound like they watch the Knicks. Its not even close, hes the best player on this team and I think over the past year hes really stepped up his D and improved his 3pt shooting. This is the 3rd time im sayin this but I dont care, as many times as it takes Marbury had arguably the best game last night after missing almost the whole month of December. Lee and Marbury are the only 2 players that seem to know what they are supposed to do. one fifth (crawford) has disgusting shooting percentages as does Q-Rich. I call Crawford one fifth because he plays good (offensively) one out of every 5 games. He never plays good defense.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Its great to see people steppin up and defendin Marbury, Im gonna continue to do it no matter what happens and Im glad to see im gettin some more help. It seems like half the people on here are Marbury haters but judging by their reasons it doesnt even sound like they watch the Knicks. Its not even close, hes the best player on this team and I think over the past year hes really stepped up his D and improved his 3pt shooting. This is the 3rd time im sayin this but I dont care, as many times as it takes Marbury had arguably the best game last night after missing almost the whole month of December. Lee and Marbury are the only 2 players that seem to know what they are supposed to do. one fifth (crawford) has disgusting shooting percentages as does Q-Rich. I call Crawford one fifth because he plays good (offensively) one out of every 5 games. He never plays good defense.
Amen. It's about time someone said the ancient chinese secret of Jamal. He averages 19 and 17 ppg cause he scores 40 points on 60% shooting one night, and 8 points on 13% shooting the next 4.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Crawford To Me Is Not A Starter, He Is An Off The Bench Type Of Player Who Changes The Momentum Of The Game When He Enters The Game. To Me I Think Isiah Needs To Play Nate At The Shooting Guard Position And Bring Crawford Off The Bench. Marbury, Nate, Lee, Balkman And Randolph Have Good Chemistry. I Think The Crawford And Marbury Back Court Need To Be Broken Apart. And Whiles The Game Ended Yesterday, I Couldn't Believe The Stat Sheet, Isiah Played Crawford For 42 Minutes Whiles Crawford Had An Off Night. I Think Isiah Trusts Jamal More Than Marbury To Be The Orchestrator On The Floor,isiah Is Doing The Wrong Thing By Moving Jamal To The Point Guard Position Which He Is Not. The Mistake That Isiah Is Making Is That He Is Changing Their Positions Which Enables The Players Not To Play To Their Potential, Did U Guys Saw Channing Frye Last Year As Opposed To The Year Before. Isiah Is Not Playing Guys From Their Respective Positions. Look At Richardson This Year, He Is Not Contributing Because Isiah Has Changed His Position, He Is Not A Small Forward, He Is A Shooting Guard. Isiah Needs To Know The Players Position.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree with you 100%. And the sad thing is that as short as Robinson is,he still isn't as bad of a defender as Crawford. And I think Richardson needs to take 2 months off and do some rehab on his elbow. Ever since he injured it, he has struggled to make tip ins even.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Crawford To Me Is Not A Starter, He Is An Off The Bench Type Of Player Who Changes The Momentum Of The Game When He Enters The Game. To Me I Think Isiah Needs To Play Nate At The Shooting Guard Position And Bring Crawford Off The Bench. Marbury, Nate, Lee, Balkman And Randolph Have Good Chemistry. I Think The Crawford And Marbury Back Court Need To Be Broken Apart. And Whiles The Game Ended Yesterday, I Couldn't Believe The Stat Sheet, Isiah Played Crawford For 42 Minutes Whiles Crawford Had An Off Night. I Think Isiah Trusts Jamal More Than Marbury To Be The Orchestrator On The Floor,isiah Is Doing The Wrong Thing By Moving Jamal To The Point Guard Position Which He Is Not.

im not sure what Crawford does to deserve 42 minutes a game. I agree though I dont think he would be a bad option off the bench. I use to like him more when he was comin off the bench, he'd make a big difference in the 2nd half for us alot of times (offensively). I think its the only way he could ever learn to take better shots at this point. Still, hes gettin paid to much money to be comin off the bench, this would have to be a temporary solution.

I agree with you 100%. And the sad thing is that as short as Robinson is,he still isn't as bad of a defender as Crawford. And I think Richardson needs to take 2 months off and do some rehab on his elbow. Ever since he injured it, he has struggled to make tip ins even.

I agree and thats very sad that at 5'7 Nate is a better defender then Crawford. I dont think it could get any worse then Crawford, hes as bad as they come. I think Nate would have to guard point guards and Marbury would have to guard 2-guards. He can guard most 2-guards except for the really athletic ones that can go over him.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yo crawford did the right move...by sucking Isiahs dick and putting his number 2 11 now hell always get playing time even with a messed up hand