New York Knicks vs San Antonion Spurs Game Thread 1/4/08

Which of these 3 players will have the best NBA career?

• Wilson Chandler

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Renaldo Balkman

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Trevor Ariza

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You guys crack me up, you just give Marbury a free pass on everything he does. Marbury makes a crucial turnover and its okay, Crawford makes a turnover and its the end of the world. Face the facts they both suck, but i have to hear blind love for a guy who led us to a game exit in the playoffs one season i'm going to throwup. What else has he done other than slowly made this team a joke. Also Crawford misses alot of a late game shots but he also makes a few. When has Marbury ever made a big play in the final two minutes.

Crawford is a C player on a team filled with a bunch of C players. I have no problem trading him but theres plenty of guys i'd much rather see go first then him.

And metro you talk about Crawford not beloning in he Garden. How does a new yorker playing on his dream team in the garden walk out on his team, or for that matter not play hard consistancy.

Right on! Marbury is the best player on this team. But that is like calling someone the smartest retard out of a group of retards. Point is, he's still a retard.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You obviously don't watch baketball. Let's match up Jamal with Marbury to see who's better. Career ppg Marbury: 19 Jamal: 14 Assists: Marbury:7.8 Jamal: 4.4 Playoff appearances: Marbury: 4 Jamal: 0. Playoff games played: Marbury 19 Jamal: 0. So what's your point?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You obviously don't watch baketball. Let's match up Jamal with Marbury to see who's better. Career ppg Marbury: 19 Jamal: 14 Assists: Marbury:7.8 Jamal: 4.4 Playoff appearances: Marbury: 4 Jamal: 0. Playoff games played: Marbury 19 Jamal: 0. So what's your point?

You obviously don't read posts. There is no doubt in my mind that Marbury is a better player than Crawford, I've already stated that. But that's not saying much. They both suck. Crawford should be a bench player and Marbury should just go away. Quoting career stats is misleading on how they play now.

Current stats:
Marbury: 13.8 pts, 2.3 rebs, 4.5 ast, 2 to
Crawford: 19 pts, 3 rebs, 4.7 ast 2.8 to

So your point is?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury had a turnover towards the end of the game but hes playin better then anyone else on the team and its only his 2nd game back after missin almost the hole month of December. Crawford had the final turnover that helped San Antonio win this game. Good stats ABCD, im not sure what they see in one fifth (Crawford plays good one out of every 5 games). And those career playoff game stats were great too, Ive sed it before and Ill say it again, Crawford has played more regular season games then any other active player without ever playing in a playoff game.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Marbury

This whole problem we all have with Marbury and Crawford is really Isiah's fault.Period.With a penetrator/scorer/passer like Marbury you have to surround him with shooting threats on the perimeter.Not a brittle Q-rich and Jamal Crawful.Could any of you imagine how nasty offensively the '99 Knicks would have been with Marbury at the point? With Spree,LJ,H20 raining 3's while Ewing and Camby both dunking 7 or more times a game because of his penetration.Isiah's detractors here(Metro and others)have a right to bash Thomas because his base plan when aquiring Marbury should have been getting serviceable shooters/starters(at least 1) who are dangerous from downtown and have the Crawfords and the N8's off the bench while also getting at least 1 lowpost scorer.He only got the lowpost threats so far.In all honesty,a SF that's a 3pt. threat and a good defender + a 6'11"/7ft. PF/C that's a shotblocker/rebounder and has a mid range jumper would solidify the starting unit with either Z-Bo or Curry alongside him.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This whole problem we all have with Marbury and Crawford is really Isiah's fault.Period.With a penetrator/scorer/passer like Marbury you have to surround him with shooting threats on the perimeter.Not a brittle Q-rich and Jamal Crawful.Could any of you imagine how nasty offensively the '99 Knicks would have been with Marbury at the point? With Spree,LJ,H20 raining 3's while Ewing and Camby both dunking 7 or more times a game because of his penetration.Isiah's detractors here(Metro and others)have a right to bash Thomas because his base plan when aquiring Marbury should have been getting serviceable shooters/starters(at least 1) who are dangerous from downtown and have the Crawfords and the N8's off the bench while also getting at least 1 lowpost scorer.He only got the lowpost threats so far.In all honesty,a SF that's a 3pt. threat and a good defender + a 6'11"/7ft. PF/C that's a shotblocker/rebounder and has a mid range jumper would solidify the starting unit with either Z-Bo or Curry alongside him.

You're right. Going into last offseason we were all saying we needed an inimidator/shot blocker/rebounder at the PF, plus perimeter defense and a 3-point threat. But Isiah didn't address any of those needs. Trading for Artest and possibly Z-Bo to Chicago for Ben Wallace would solidify this team and maybe give them enough to make the playoffs this year. But at this point I'm not sure if I want that. I think blowing up the whole team (i.e. trading for expiring contracts and draft picks) is the best option.

NYKnicks15

Starter
ben wallace and ron artest on the same team. thatd be interesting haha.

BUT nonetheless.. Curry and Marbury played really really welll. and i always thought id keep randolph over Curry... but im not so sure now. Trade Randolph to the Kings for Ron and KThomas i dont care about the bad contract or not. Curry, Lee, Artest, (trade JC) and Marbs would be at least fun to watch.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't believe Marbury sucks. You just listen to media that thinks you have to win games not to suck. What ever happened to"you have to actually have talent" to be good? Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill never made it passed the 1st round. Are you gonna say they suck?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You obviously don't read posts. There is no doubt in my mind that Marbury is a better player than Crawford, I've already stated that. But that's not saying much. They both suck. Crawford should be a bench player and Marbury should just go away. Quoting career stats is misleading on how they play now.

Current stats:
Marbury: 13.8 pts, 2.3 rebs, 4.5 ast, 2 to
Crawford: 19 pts, 3 rebs, 4.7 ast 2.8 to

So your point is?
I don't believe Marbury sucks. You just listen to media that thinks you have to win games not to suck. What ever happened to"you have to actually have talent" to be good? Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill never made it passed the 1st round. Are you gonna say they suck, even though they're all stars and have hall of fame statistics(not to say they are hall of famers but they have the numbers of a hall of famer)?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
i like marbury, i think he is the best player on the team and believe if he plays like he played the second half of last season who knows the knicks might even win some games. But the blind hate towards Crawfod is just 2 much. Marbury is better than Crawford, but not in last nights game. Its like guys are glossing over that Marbury turnover. It was a bad turnover. bad in how the turnover happened and when it happened. I beleive bowen fouled Crawford, but even if he didn't at least crawford was defended marbs was on a fast break and just threw the ball ...

I know its asking too much to be fair in this forum but c'mon man, see the coin on both sides at least.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
They were both bad turnovers in my opinion but Crawford had only 1 good quarter in the entire game and he also had 5 turnovers. Marburys shooting percentage was poor and I probably gave him too much credit but he still played hard and its only his second game back, give him some time. Hes looked better then I expected to this point and IM happy with his effort.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Poor jamal, he hurt his shoulder late in the 3rd. How can say hes not a pussy, he is the least physical defender I have ever seen. He bleeds once a month, im suprised that bad shoulder didnt keep that pussy out of the game. We would have been better off if he didnt play in the 4th quarter and who are you to be sayin Crawford is far from a pussy, you still watchin loony toons. Only pussys would step up and defend another pussy.

only pussies would defend another pussy?? ya ma is a pussy star....yall lil internet geeks is crack me right up dred....im embarrassed that we like the same team.....wa u ga do next? tell me u commin 4 me with ya gun? lol....keep behind ya computer n love yaself here....Toons dun talk 242...ZP

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You are obviously a pussy if you gonna defend Crawford, Im not sure where you gettin this me comin after you with a gun stuff from, I dont know if you hopin for that or what. To me it was stupid to even bring that up. Jamal has one good quarter and he sucks the rest of the game, and he had 5 turnovers. You one of those dickriding fans, no matter what Crawford does wrong you gotta defend him. Get off his dick and watch a Knick game, study his lack of defense. Hes constantly lettin slower players go right by him and he always looks mad confused everytime sum1 sets a pick on him. I dont think we like the team, you must not watch the Knicks if you stick up for Crawnerd. Hop off his dick.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
i like marbury, i think he is the best player on the team and believe if he plays like he played the second half of last season who knows the knicks might even win some games. But the blind hate towards Crawfod is just 2 much. Marbury is better than Crawford, but not in last nights game. Its like guys are glossing over that Marbury turnover. It was a bad turnover. bad in how the turnover happened and when it happened. I beleive bowen fouled Crawford, but even if he didn't at least crawford was defended marbs was on a fast break and just threw the ball ...

I know its asking too much to be fair in this forum but c'mon man, see the coin on both sides at least.
you have a valid point. I agree with you. My point was just that you can't say a player sucks because they don't win games. There's lots of players in this league that don't win games, but they have what it takes to win games given the talent. Both Marbury and Crawford have never had talent surrounded by them to win games on any team they've played for. Even on the Suns, where Marbury played with Stoudamire, Stoudamire was a rookie when they played together. You can't expect a rookie to win ball games for you.

Toons

is the Bo$$
You are obviously a pussy if you gonna defend Crawford, Im not sure where you gettin this me comin after you with a gun stuff from, I dont know if you hopin for that or what. To me it was stupid to even bring that up. Jamal has one good quarter and he sucks the rest of the game, and he had 5 turnovers. You one of those dickriding fans, no matter what Crawford does wrong you gotta defend him. Get off his dick and watch a Knick game, study his lack of defense. Hes constantly lettin slower players go right by him and he always looks mad confused everytime sum1 sets a pick on him. I dont think we like the team, you must not watch the Knicks if you stick up for Crawnerd. Hop off his dick.

star, i dun talk man, y u runnin on? u is a gyal ay? did i ever say crawford plays defense? a trade isnt going to happen, we have to deal with da fucked up niggas we have....all i said was nigga get injured in the third (right shoulder), and he is playing with a sore thumb....maybe....just maybe it could have affected his shoting....crawford takes bad shots, thats him...so get over it.....an all yall sissy fuck talks bout bein on a nigga dick....fuck dat, fassyholes

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
star, i dun talk man, y u runnin on? u is a gyal ay? did i ever say crawford plays defense? a trade isnt going to happen, we have to deal with da fucked up niggas we have....all i said was nigga get injured in the third (right shoulder), and he is playing with a sore thumb....maybe....just maybe it could have affected his shoting....crawford takes bad shots, thats him...so get over it.....an all yall sissy fuck talks bout bein on a nigga dick....fuck dat, fassyholes

Then why you gonna defend him? You defended him sayin that he wasnt a pussy and he is a pussy. YOu said he takes bads shots and he dont play any defense and this is why hes a pussy. Instead of slashin he takes his pussy shots and misses two thirds of them. And he dont play any defense, this is how pussys play.

Toons

is the Bo$$
dogg, u entitled to ur own opinion.....and im entitled to my opinion.....i might like jamaal....who cares...u dont have nuthin to doo with ya life ay? u really actin like u is bleed erry month....my girl acts just like u....if i dont go with her opinion, she starts beatin her gums....just like u

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im not the one who defended Crawford, if thats not actin like a girl then I dont know what is. You gave me your opinion and I gave you mine so we all good?

George M.

Benchwarmer
You're right. Going into last offseason we were all saying we needed an inimidator/shot blocker/rebounder at the PF, plus perimeter defense and a 3-point threat. But Isiah didn't address any of those needs. Trading for Artest and possibly Z-Bo to Chicago for Ben Wallace would solidify this team and maybe give them enough to make the playoffs this year. But at this point I'm not sure if I want that. I think blowing up the whole team (i.e. trading for expiring contracts and draft picks) is the best option.
I think that might be the best option too,but the worshipers of Lee and Balkman won't be very happy because whoever is running this team in the coming off season will have to use those 2 players with the expiring contracts to clear serious roster space.

paris401

Starter
I think that might be the best option too,but the worshipers of Lee and Balkman won't be very happy because whoever is running this team in the coming off season will have to use those 2 players with the expiring contracts to clear serious roster space.

sorry but there will be no clearing of cap space... just as we got rid of stevie franchise and his 35m owed, we took back 65m...

should we be able to trade some of our 'shit', we will be taking back 'shit'.. 'shit' with a longer contract...