New York Knicks vs San Antonion Spurs Game Thread 1/4/08

Which of these 3 players will have the best NBA career?

• Wilson Chandler

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Renaldo Balkman

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Trevor Ariza

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pricey

Rotation player
The knicks still had a timeout and San Antonio is not a great shooting free throw team they still would have had over 5 seconds left after San Antonio took their free throws. C'mon guys the hate needs to stop. Criticize if you want but blatant hate is just ridiculous. Act as if you know the game at least
i never hated Crawford til right now, everytime the game is on the line or close enough he either turns the ball over or goes for the wrong shot. im never wearing my Crawford top again.
He is a DUMB player!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I retired my Crawford jersey a long time ago, it makes me turnover prone everytime I put it on. For some reason I cant make any shots either. My parents got me a shirt for Christmas that says:

Starbury,
Curry,
Jamal,
Zach &
Q

Im not sure what to do with it, maybe color black over everyones name except Starbury.

Pricey

Rotation player
I noticed when i put on the top i sorta start thinking real slow, weird.

Last edited:

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
fk Crawford, 3 pts down and goes for a 2 pointer. is he a fking moron?????
Marbury should have had the ball.

This is just an example of how stupid our coach is, im sure mr.thomas drew that play up.why is every one doging crawford, if it wasn't for him the game would have been a blowout.

Besides that I loved the knicks effort tonight, I think when we play this hard we can beat anybody.Hopefully we could keep it up and turn this season around.

PS:Have zack randolph come off the bench and start malik rose from now on!

Last edited:

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Knicksonline Fans are something else. Only here can a guy go 9-19 24 points and get shitted on. Marbury plays a real good game but not as good as Crawford, and gets praised. & only Knickonline fans can say Wilson Chandler will have a better career Ariza and Balkman after playing a total of what 50 minutes this year?? You guys kill me.

Last edited:

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I truely don't know which Knick lineup is the best lineup, but what I do know is, Q-Rich shouldn't be in it. Curry Marbury Crawford Lee(just don't take jumpers) and whoever is gonna play the 3.. I don't know why Balkman isn't gettin any run. He would do well in a lineup such as this with Randolph Nate Rose/Jefferies coming off the bench. I dunno I'm kinda sick of trying to figure out the right lineup... Get Artest over here and have it set for the rest of the season

Marbury
Crawford
Artest
Lee(if traded - then either Morris or Balkman)
Curry

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
why ya acting like crawford had a terrrible game?? Why ya acting like jamal not the reason we didnt get blowned out in the 3rd quarter??how bout all ya david d*ck suckers not critisize him for getting outplayed by MATT BONNER??dont get it twisted david lee had a solid game besides that stupid ass pass and forced shot but damn ya acting like we lost cuz of crawford....and the last play when we down 3, WE HAD A TIMEOUT LEFT so if crawford would have scored and then sent the spurs to the line hopign they'll miss at least one shot

Pricey

Rotation player
why ya acting like crawford had a terrrible game?? Why ya acting like jamal not the reason we didnt get blowned out in the 3rd quarter??how bout all ya david d*ck suckers not critisize him for getting outplayed by MATT BONNER??dont get it twisted david lee had a solid game besides that stupid ass pass and forced shot but damn ya acting like we lost cuz of crawford....and the last play when we down 3, WE HAD A TIMEOUT LEFT so if crawford would have scored and then sent the spurs to the line hopign they'll miss at least one shot
I dont think he had a terrible game but he always turns the ball over at a crucial stage of the match, thats the only issue i have with him.
Also the shot he had was not a smart one to take, it was unlikely that would drop.
I love Lee but he didnt have a great night. I think Curry also had a good game.

Also just say he gets the 2 points, who do u think is going to get the ball given to him? More then likely Parker and i would back him to get the 2 so then ur back to the 3 point ball game and right back where u started.
Plus the knicks r had nothing to lose really, they should have just gone for it. No one expected them to get within 10 pts of them.

Kiyaman

Legend
I truely don't know which Knick lineup is the best lineup, but what I do know is, Q-Rich shouldn't be in it. Curry Marbury Crawford Lee(just don't take jumpers) and whoever is gonna play the 3.. I don't know why Balkman isn't gettin any run. He would do well in a lineup such as this with Randolph Nate Rose/Jefferies coming off the bench. I dunno I'm kinda sick of trying to figure out the right lineup... Get Artest over here and have it set for the rest of the season

Marbury
Crawford
Artest
Lee(if traded - then either Morris or Balkman)
Curry

LilBrklyn, I gave up too, trying to figure out the right lineup for this NO-D Knick Team.
That is why I still believe the best Player the Knicks got out of the Portland trade for Francis & Frye were SF/SG "Demitris Nichols".
Crawford inconsistency with bad decision making averaging 37% FG shooting is too crazy to have as the team crunchtime SG.

The Knicks actually look decent without Zach in the rotation for 4 quarters vs the tired Spurs whom was at the end of a Back to Back. Spurs loss to the running Iverson & Carmelo Nuggets inwhich Camby, K-Mart, and Nene gathered 14 blocksots on the Spurs.

Knick Players Jefferies & Q.Richardson should be used as the 14th and 15th Man on this Knick Roster (The two do not belong on the Knicks 12 Man Roster).
I would rather trust the performance of the two Rookies Morris & Chandler before the repeated BUM performance of Q.Rich & Jefferies (they look out of place on offense & defense).
Knick oposition are always building a lead on the Knicks when Jefferies or Q.Richardson is on the court.

Marbury came out of his shell and played some decent B-BALL vs the Spurs, it's ashame that Marbury cant play like that for at least half the games in a season (41).

I still say the "Curry Factor" is Isiah Thomas doing by never getting so-call Franchise Curry a ex-NBA Center to personally Train Curry for two season.
Everyone knew that Curry was a "Long Project" when Isiah traded for him three seasons ago.

pat

Starter
Did anyone see that nice pass by MArbs but EC was to slow to see it?

Whenever a turnover happens, it's the passer's mistake. Sometimes it is a hard rule but one that makes perfect sense. Marbury was complaining about people not being able to catch his passes back in Georgia Tech. Good guards know (or at least can anticipate) if people are gonna catch a pass. Marbury obviously can't.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I don't think JC played bad but the last few plays in the end - I think it's more Isiah pushing him to go one on one when the whole Spurs team knew that was what was going to happen, instead of making a play for a teammate.

I'm happy to see that Steph is back with his game.
Isiah has to be an idiot if he doesn't realize that when steph drives the ball the defense collapses on him and makes things happen.
Eddy also has to be ready to collect interior passes when Steph drives...he'll have easy buckets all night.

It was a good effort nevertheless - let's see how things go tonight against the rockets and with Z-bo back.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury came out of his shell and played some decent B-BALL vs the Spurs, it's ashame that Marbury cant play like that for at least half the games in a season (41).

I still say the "Curry Factor" is Isiah Thomas doing by never getting so-call Franchise Curry a ex-NBA Center to personally Train Curry for two season.
Everyone knew that Curry was a "Long Project" when Isiah traded for him three seasons ago.

First of all everything I didnt quote you on I agree with. I guess apparently you missed a bunch of games before Starburys pops passed where he was ballin but Im not suprised.

I agree with you about Curry, this Mark Aguire isnt as smart as they say he is. Bringin in Patrick Ewing over the summer woulod have been a great idea by Isiah. He really cant get anything right. Ewing knew the hard work and dedication it took to reach the top and his knowledge could have turned Curry into the center that everyone is waiting for him to be.

Whenever a turnover happens, it's the passer's mistake. Sometimes it is a hard rule but one that makes perfect sense. Marbury was complaining about people not being able to catch his passes back in Georgia Tech. Good guards know (or at least can anticipate) if people are gonna catch a pass. Marbury obviously can't.

It was Currys butterfingers that lost the ball, you cant blame this on Marbury. The pass was right to him, I agree with what your sayin but I do believe theres times where this isnt true, where the player who is receiving the pass somehow loses it. This seems to happen often with Curry who despite playing better still had 4 turnovers and just to make sure the Crawfordsexuals know, he had 5 turnovers.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Knicksonline Fans are something else. Only here can a guy go 9-19 24 points and get shitted on. Marbury plays a real good game but not as good as Crawford, and gets praised. & only Knickonline fans can say Wilson Chandler will have a better career Ariza and Balkman after playing a total of what 50 minutes this year?? You guys kill me.

I know man, it's getting annoying. The loudest and most obnoxious people on this site have homosexual fantasies about Marbury, so therefore this site seems like it is a Marbury support site. Marbury had a good game, Crawford had costly turnovers at the end, but the Marburysexuals fail to mention that f*cked up fast break turnover by Marbury when we could have tied or taken the lead. What the hell was Marbury trying to do? He jumped in the air, threw the ball cross-court, bounced it off the top of the backboard and sent it out of bounds!! I'm not supporting Crawford, because he was awful in every quarter except the 3rd but there are some people here that think Marbury can do no wrong. Then, they won't give Eddy credit for playing his best game of the season (25pts on 10-12 shooting, 12 rebounds and 2 steals). Two bad turnovers by Crawford, one bad turnover by Marbury and terrible 3 point defense is what cost the Knicks the game.

metrocard

Legend
Crawford has been awful all season.

He's by far the worst decision maker on this team and the weakest defender. Even Eddy Curry tries harder than Jamal.

Jamal is a PUSSY who's afraid of contact and slashing.

His shooting as bad as Balkman (40% FG 30% 3pt).

He's never progressed as a NBA baller and still plays like a college Freshman.

FUCK HIM.

Once Marbury gets back into his starting role, he'll produce consistently.

The reason why REAL KNICK fans support Marbury > Crawford is because:

Marbury has done more for this franchise in one season than Jamal has ever done or will ever do in his life.

The 20 and 9 assist season that Marbury lead a talentless Knicks team to the playoffs deserves a lot of credit. When Jamal came here, thats when the losing and mediocrity started.

Jamal will finish his NBA career never making the playoffs or appearing in the playoffs because he's a LOSER and one of the biggest cancers in the league.

The only strength in his game is his crossover and FT shooting, EVERYTHING ELSE HE'S AWFUL AT IT.

LJ4ptplay, hop off my swagger maricon. You get no laughs copying shit with "Marburysexual", its not original and doesn't even flow right, especially with a herb from the Grand Canyon.

Isiahsexual's favorite pet is Jamal. He dedicated his number to Isiah, and is everything wrong with this franchise.

Isiah, his spawning of Isiahsexuals and Jamal Crawford can all go to hell with their losing ways, because these mothafuckas don't belong in NYC and in the Garden where winning a tradition. Bitches.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
jamal hurt his shoulder late in the 3rd....pluss played with the bandage on his hand....dude is far from a pussy

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
jamal hurt his shoulder late in the 3rd....pluss played with the bandage on his hand....dude is far from a pussy

Poor jamal, he hurt his shoulder late in the 3rd. How can say hes not a pussy, he is the least physical defender I have ever seen. He bleeds once a month, im suprised that bad shoulder didnt keep that pussy out of the game. We would have been better off if he didnt play in the 4th quarter and who are you to be sayin Crawford is far from a pussy, you still watchin loony toons. Only pussys would step up and defend another pussy.

GetRealistic

Starter
You guys crack me up, you just give Marbury a free pass on everything he does. Marbury makes a crucial turnover and its okay, Crawford makes a turnover and its the end of the world. Face the facts they both suck, but i have to hear blind love for a guy who led us to a game exit in the playoffs one season i'm going to throwup. What else has he done other than slowly made this team a joke. Also Crawford misses alot of a late game shots but he also makes a few. When has Marbury ever made a big play in the final two minutes.

Crawford is a C player on a team filled with a bunch of C players. I have no problem trading him but theres plenty of guys i'd much rather see go first then him.

And metro you talk about Crawford not beloning in he Garden. How does a new yorker playing on his dream team in the garden walk out on his team, or for that matter not play hard consistancy.

metrocard

Legend
You guys crack me up, you just give Marbury a free pass on everything he does. Marbury makes a crucial turnover and its okay, Crawford makes a turnover and its the end of the world. Face the facts they both suck, but i have to hear blind love for a guy who led us to a game exit in the playoffs one season i'm going to throwup. What else has he done other than slowly made this team a joke. Also Crawford misses alot of a late game shots but he also makes a few. When has Marbury ever made a big play in the final two minutes.

Crawford is a C player on a team filled with a bunch of C players. I have no problem trading him but theres plenty of guys i'd much rather see go first then him.

And metro you talk about Crawford not beloning in he Garden. How does a new yorker playing on his dream team in the garden walk out on his team, or for that matter not play hard consistancy.

You're like 2 months late.