Hypothetically Speaking...

reckoning

Benchwarmer
So, let's say all of our dreams come true and Isiah resigns, gets fired, is assassinated, or just generally disappears. Who do you guys think could/should/would coach these guys? Herb, Skiles, Ewing? Someone else? Superman, Batman, Spiderman? Not that I think it's going to happen, but a girl's gotta dream, and there's nothing else to really discuss about this particular band of losers.

JEFF VAN GUNDY hes the only guy who has recently had great sucess woth this franchise, he preeches defense which will help us-if the guys would listen to him

im out for the night-be back 2 morrow peace

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
So, let's say all of our dreams come true and Isiah resigns, gets fired, is assassinated, or just generally disappears. Who do you guys think could/should/would coach these guys? Herb, Skiles, Ewing? Someone else? Superman, Batman, Spiderman? Not that I think it's going to happen, but a girl's gotta dream, and there's nothing else to really discuss about this particular band of losers.

shit i bet Ms.[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1] Hillary [/SIZE][/SIZE]Clinton can couch better than IT or be a better president!

metrocard

Legend

Just someone who can do whatever Isiah forgot to do.
-Keeping draft picks
-Keeping expiring contracts
- NOT trading for ex-all stars
- NOT trading for losing players
- NOT trading for players who play as individuals with no concept of team b-ball
- NOT signing and using the MLE on useless bench scrubs to lengthy ugly contracts
- NOT ignoring the cap
- NOT firing coaches constantly
- NOT making frequent trades/signings on a monthly basis
- Have direction and adding the right and most logical pieces to the team. If a team needs a rebounder, address that. If the team needs shooting, address that. If a team needs defense, address that.

I DON'T CARE WHO COMES IN HERE. All that matters is the GM does things listed and he will find success in New York and be looked as a Savior.

Kiyaman

Legend
If, Isiah was Fired anytime soon the Head Coaching Job would be given to Herb Williams. However, the important thing would be what staff members leave with Isiah or get Fired along with Isiah.

Coach JVG tour in Houston showed he could not do anything for this Knick roster. So the best canidates to improve the performance on this team roster would be Herb Williams, with Mark Aquire or Hannerty as his assistant.
I still see Allan Houston in a "tie and suit" working for this Knick organization when Isiah depart.

Hate to say it but we need a coach like S.Skiles or L.Brown, the kind of coach the players might hate but one who demands hard play and defence from them and if they don't give 110% they'll sit their so called "Star Players" untill they do! Yeah I said it L.Brown!:)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I like Van Gundy a lot as a coach... but there's probably a 5% chance of him coming back to coach the Knicks.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
well naw not skiles...shyt the players already hate Isiah imagine skiles...first day they will hate him...and dam man has anywun asked gundy?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
players dont have to like a coach to win games, they have to respect him. Van Gundy had all the respect when he was in New York. I just cant see him coming back.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Well u saw what happend 2 Brown...he got fired cuz of all the shyt he was talking about the knicks 2 the media...and man knowing the knicks they will start bitching like Marbury and Curry and Skiles will fire back and get fired...I think Dolan really thinks these players can win us a championship and he wants 2 stay wit this squad...

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah put Dolan in a worst jam with this team than Layden came anywhere close too. And layden did a BAD job.

Believe me when I say that Larry Brown, JVG, Skiles, and a couple other coaches that are unemployed could not do half the work that Herb Williams could do to bring success for this "NO-D-Knicks" Team...

reckoning

Benchwarmer
i'd love to see jeff back, but i don't see it happening, either. i think he's one of the few who could turn this squad around.

"thekid13" even though Steph hated L.Brown he did improve his game under his coaching (mainly defencively) I was just saying we need a no nonsence coach like Skiles or Brown. I love Herb but can he get these no defence playing, overpaid spoiled brats of a roster to play and show some dam pride? Bring Patrick Ewing back to the garden, if anyone can demand respect of the Knicks and hell all NY its Pat. Just picture Patrick heading up the bench with his assistants Herb,M.Aguire and A.Houston(HAHA) sitting next to him on the bench! Maby we could convince them to be player/coaches(HAHA) and maby if we're really lucky he could even bring D.Howard along with him. LOL!!!! Somebody shoot me so I can stop watching this train wreck called the Knicks! This ain't my team where the hell did the Knicks go?

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
lolz patrick will never come back...cuz he knows he cant fix this team...hell get booed once again in the Garden...and the reason it would be bad 4 a touch coach is because KNICKS BITCH WAY 2 MUCH...we need new players who like winning

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I would love to see van gundy come back with Ewing as his assistant....

Im not sure but I think it was actually Isiah (if it is Isiah, this is the only thing I will still give him credit for) who improved Marburys defense. If it was Larry Brown, then Marbury didnt start doing what he was tought by Brown until last January but I think it was Isiah.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
ah, if only this hypothetical were ever to come true..................................

but i digress

i say let herb have another chance. can't be any worse than what's been going on lately. besides, IMO he's due. how many times was he traded from and back to the knicks? he's been an assistant here for a while now, give him a shot. HE CAN DOOOO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

:wallbash:

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
id still like to see Allan Houston back helping out. I just wish Isiah had given him a fucking chance on his comeback!!!