New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets Game Thread 1/5/08

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
Do you like losing? Its torture watching the Curry and Z-Bo combo on the court at the same time. Its not gonna work and this is why Lee needs more minutes. He is more compatible not just with One of the two twinkies but with every other part on this team. In other words, hes a better team player. Curry and Zach cant spell team player, defense, and intensity but they know how to spell turnover and Burger King.

I agree that the z-bo and curry combo is not good thats why on page 1 I said to start malik Rose over z-bo, this way curry could go to work just like he did vs the spurs

PS: Like i said before David Lee is not affective as a starter

Last edited:
Jared Jeffries is awful. He is also quite possibly the ugliest player in NBA history this side of Gheorghe Muresan. Why Renaldo Balkman can't take Jeffries minutes is beyond me. This whole team is beyond me.

metrocard

Legend
Kiyaman, you were right in the summer. Why did I ever doubt you? I had a feeling that you would turn out to be right.

Robinson has turned it around completely. Nate is now the best shooter on this team and we need him for 20+ minutes. Kiya said Nate deserved minutes way back in the summer, so you gotta give Kiya man props for foreseeing Nate's improvement.

I have no words for Curry or Randolph.

I'l repeat it again; Isiah has been wanting to lose ever since he got here. He took the coaching job so he can lose some more and make sure guys like Lee, Balkman, Collins, Chandler, Morris and Robinson don't get the minutes they deserve and worked hard for. Isiah has sent the message that only turnover prone NO DEFENSE ball hogs like Curry, Randolph, Richardson, and Crawford will only get major minutes.

Same story, different game.

pat

Starter
I don't get what kind of rotation Isiah has (probably because he himself has no clue) One game Lee plays 30+ minutes and Nate is rotting away on the bench, the next game it's the other way around. Balkman does hardly ever play! This is ridiculous.
BTW: Did you see the numbers Frye put on the board last night? 7 boards in 12 minutes. Doesn't sound soft to me. What the whole Portland-Cinderalla-story tells me is that the game obviously is not about names and numbers (neither Fryes, nor anyone else) but about good team-ball and the willingness to step up. A few years ago Portland was exactly what the Knicks are right now.
+--------------------+---+--+--+----+----+----+---+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+---+---+---+---+----+
Rasheed Wallace
Steve Smith
Scottie Pippen
Damon Stoudamire
Arvydas Sabonis
Bonzi Wells
Detlef Schrempf
Greg Anthony
Brian Grant
Jermaine O'Neal
Stacey Augmon
Antonio Harvey
Gary Grant

Well, they were doing a bit better over the season than the Knicks are doing now, but at the end they found out that big names don't automatically lead to success. I hope the next GM sees that!

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
8-24....................

f*ckin knicks r 8-24. we r one loss away from being tied for the worst record in the east.

they are truly becoming the worst team money can buy. yup, this is what the knicks do in the jimmy dolan era, find new franchise lows to reach everyday.

:wallbash::wallbash:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
If the Knicks do get the 1st pick.... Which I am not even sure if its our pick... Can someone please research that. I researched it... but it said something like

Utah receives a 2008 New York first-round pick (top 23 protected in 2008, top 22 protected in 2009 and unproteced in 2010) (Tom Gugliotta trade 021904) via Phoenix (Marbury trade) Phoenix receives a 2005 New York Knicks first-round pick. (010504 Marbury trade).

I want the Knicks to get a good pick... But will it help.. Isiah won't give the amount of minutes to a rookie, compared to a old player. like... Malik Rose... haha!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree that the z-bo and curry combo is not good thats why on page 1 I said to start malik Rose over z-bo, this way curry could go to work just like he did vs the spurs

PS: Like i said before David Lee is not affective as a starter
[/QUOTE]

And Malik Rose is effective? You must really like losing. Curry played good against the Spurs because Zach Randolph didnt play and thats the only reason why. This in the only thing that can motivate Curry, he wanted to prove that he can at least play good without the Black Hole next to him. If only he had this same motivation all the time.

You sayin Lee is not affective as a starter means nothin to me, I dont even take that seriously. He might not have the size of Curry or the skill of Zach, but hes a team player and is much more compatible with the rest of the players on this team then both of the twinkies will ever be. Lee needs to be in that starting lineup, there is no question about this and Im sure a poll would prove my point.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If the Knicks do get the 1st pick.... Which I am not even sure if its our pick... Can someone please research that. I researched it... but it said something like

I want the Knicks to get a good pick... But will it help.. Isiah won't give the amount of minutes to a rookie, compared to a old player. like... Malik Rose... haha!
The Jazz can't have the Knicks draft pick, cause the Knicks haven't done a trade with the Jazz. The Knicks gave the Bulls their 2006 and 2007 draft pick. The only way the Jazz will get New York's 1st round pick is if the Knicks do a trade with them before the deadline, which I pray doesn't happen.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
This game went mostly as expected.

Yao is simply a better player than Curry and got the best of that matchup as expected. However, as IS ALWAYS THE CASE, Zach's production came OUT OF CURRY. I'd bet my life against a dime that if Zach didn't play, Curry would have scored and rebounded more and the game would have been closer. I am not blasting Zach here. I'm just pointing out that these guys can't be on the same court together because they have the same strengths and at least some of the same weaknesses. Whatever Zach adds in terms of points and boards is not a GAIN to the Knicks because it comes from somewhere else. He adds ZERO ZERO ZERO to the Knicks despite his obvious talents.

The real key to the game was that Houston's guards killed our guards. Whatever hope we had was lost because our guards did not defend against their guards.

Robinson had one of his good nights. He's a very talented athlete and unlike one of the other Knicks guards, actually has a lot of heart at crunch time. However, before anyone starts calling him a good shooter they should actually take a look at his shooting percentage relative to other good guards around the league (overall). What he is is a streaky shooter and yesterday was one of his good days. Besides, saying Nate is one of the best outside shooters on the Knicks is like saying he's the taller than most pygmies.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
The Jazz can't have the Knicks draft pick, cause the Knicks haven't done a trade with the Jazz. The Knicks gave the Bulls their 2006 and 2007 draft pick. The only way the Jazz will get New York's 1st round pick is if the Knicks do a trade with them before the deadline, which I pray doesn't happen.

....wow.... Don't you know that Phoenix could have made a trade with the Jazz involving the Knicks first round pick that was involved durin.. the Marbury trade.

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
[quote/]And Malik Rose is effective? You must really like losing. Curry played good against the Spurs because Zach Randolph didnt play and thats the only reason why. This in the only thing that can motivate Curry, he wanted to prove that he can at least play good without the Black Hole next to him. If only he had this same motivation all the time.

You sayin Lee is not affective as a starter means nothin to me, I dont even take that seriously. He might not have the size of Curry or the skill of Zach, but hes a team player and is much more compatible with the rest of the players on this team then both of the twinkies will ever be. Lee needs to be in that starting lineup, there is no question about this and Im sure a poll would prove my point.[/quote]

to msg knicks:I dont care if u dont take it seriously when I say that lee is not affective as a starter because I know myself that he really isnt. Didnt u wacth all the other games when he started. I saw that the starting lineup against the spurs played well so I wanted to keep that lineup. If you held a poll u probbably would win because everyone sees that lee is a good player but they dont understand that he needs to come off the bench to bring some energy.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
to msg knicks:I dont care if u dont take it seriously when I say that lee is not affective as a starter because I know myself that he really isnt. Didnt u wacth all the other games when he started. I saw that the starting lineup against the spurs played well so I wanted to keep that lineup. If you held a poll u probbably would win because everyone sees that lee is a good player but they dont understand that he needs to come off the bench to bring some energy.

Your right that my polls validity would be questionable because alot of people are going to chose Lee just because there in love with him but Malik Rose doesnt even really count as a basketball player. The only thing that he ever did that I liked was when he said the Knicks are not a championship team contradicting what his coach Isiah said about his vision of this team being a championship team.

David Lee has started in 6 games this season, and here are his stats:

As a starter:
37.8 minutes
12.8ppg
10.5rpg

Off the bench:
23.7 minutes
9.2ppg
7.4rpg

Minutes = +14.1
Points = +3.6
Rebounds = +3.1

"to msg knicks:I dont care if u dont take it seriously when I say that lee is not affective as a starter because I know myself that he really isnt. Didnt u wacth all the other games when he started. I saw that the starting lineup against the spurs played well so I wanted to keep that lineup."

Not only is Lee effective as a starter but he is a better team player then any other big guy that we have, it is obvious that he needs to be in the starting lineup and it is obvious that I just owned you. You were stupid to try and even argue this and from now on you are my son. You just got Deboed.

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
Your right that my polls validity would be questionable because alot of people are going to chose Lee just because there in love with him but Malik Rose doesnt even really count as a basketball player. The only thing that he ever did that I liked was when he said the Knicks are not a championship team contradicting what his coach Isiah said about his vision of this team being a championship team.

David Lee has started in 6 games this season, and here are his stats:

As a starter:
37.8 minutes
12.8ppg
10.5rpg

Off the bench:
23.7 minutes
9.2ppg
7.4rpg

Minutes = +14.1
Points = +3.6
Rebounds = +3.1

"to msg knicks:I dont care if u dont take it seriously when I say that lee is not affective as a starter because I know myself that he really isnt. Didnt u wacth all the other games when he started. I saw that the starting lineup against the spurs played well so I wanted to keep that lineup."

Not only is Lee effective as a starter but he is a better team player then any other big guy that we have, it is obvious that he needs to be in the starting lineup and it is obvious that I just owned you. You were stupid to try and even argue this and from now on you are my son. You just got Deboed.

How can u say you deboed me with those wack stats that dont make a diffrence wether we win or lose. If David Lee starts where is the energy gonna come from off the bench, dont say reynaldo balkman because IT is not smart enough to play him and Nate only plays good when he feels like it. Nobody sons me!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How can u say you deboed me with those wack stats that dont make a diffrence wether we win or lose. If David Lee starts where is the energy gonna come from off the bench, dont say reynaldo balkman because IT is not smart enough to play him and Nate only plays good when he feels like it. Nobody sons me!

This debate is already over, you lost. F*ck talkin about energy off the bench, wheres the F*ckin energy in the starting lineup? No matter what we gonna lose but nothin is worse then watching the double whopper go to work. And we still got Nate to bring energy off the bench, one energy guy in the starting 5 and one off the bench its simple mathematics like 2+2.

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
This debate is already over, you lost. F*ck talkin about energy off the bench, wheres the F*ckin energy in the starting lineup? No matter what we gonna lose but nothin is worse then watching the double whopper go to work. And we still got Nate to bring energy off the bench, one energy guy in the starting 5 and one off the bench its simple mathematics like 2+2.
you say where is the energy in the starting lineup but if david lee starts then we have no energy nowhere. but you could say you won this debate even thogh all I was saying from the begining was that the night Malik rose started we played way better and I thought it wouldnt hurt to try that again

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
you say where is the energy in the starting lineup but if david lee starts then we have no energy nowhere. but you could say you won this debate even thogh all I was saying from the begining was that the night Malik rose started we played way better and I thought it wouldnt hurt to try that again

Its cool man we can put it behind us but you did say that Lee is not effective as a starter and that Malik would be better in the starting lineup then Lee would be.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Somebody please anwser my question!! What in the world was Isiah thinking when he made Lee guard a 7'5 center??Is the guy crazy or what??

Ah and by the way I would rather see Lee start then lazy assed Curry and ballhog Randolph.Hell I would'nt mind seeing Lee and Chandler starting!!! What could we lose?? nothing at all!!!