Recap title got me thinking.

NYKnicks15

Starter
No T-Mac, still no W. In reference to our loss to the Houston Rockets this past week. No T-Mac still no W. At first you think wow, even without their "star" player they still beat us. So at first you must shake your head and cringe at what we have become. Then once gathering my thoughts I came to a better assumption..

Our team plays better when either Curry sits. Or Randolph sits. Simple as that. When one of those guys is not on the court (see San Antonio game) we play decent ball. More so Curry playing and Randolph sitting (see chemistry). We are all aware that we have TALENT. Isiah is a good, wait, great scout for talent. I will give him his props. Camby, Carter, Stoudemire, O'Neal, Ariza, Lee, Balkman, Robinson... McGrady.

Now its also making its way that in Houston... the oft injured Tracy McGrady has grown sick of Houston and more so its style of play. As much as a Yao, McGrady and even Francis combo would be the styles just clash. More so Yao and McGrady. And at some point the "we're better off without him" question/statement has to pop in your head... and not saying talent wise are they better but for the future or even morale or in some cases for the talent- better.. it goes for the 76ers with Iverson. it goes for the Timberwolves with Garnett and Sonics with Allen. It went for Marbury in a few stops, and its bound to (if not already happened) happen in Houston.

Houston if it has a weakness and it does (besides the right coach cough::Van Gundy::cough) is its power forward position. Since they trade Juwan Howard for Mike James their PF has not been filled correctly. I give credit to Hayes and Scola even Novak for trying but its still missing a quality bigman to split minutes with Yao and the "rooks".

and we.. well where to start?.. are missing three things. one obviously being defensive toughness.. two being chemistry.. and three being a statement at small forward. we have Richardson who doesnt belong there, Jeffries who tries but doesnt cut it and Chandler and Balkman who all though deserving dont get the minutes they deserve.

Two messes that can easily be solved with one move (just those key problems not the knicks problem as a whole) but if you were to throw Zach Randolph and say Jared Jeffries or Malik Rose and Balkman for McGrady wouldnt that not make sense? its a gamble for both teams.

For Houston, who mind as well get something for McGrady especially if it comes in the form of Power Forward Zach Randolph and New York who could use the leadership, talent, defense, big game mentality of a superstar small forward Tracy McGrady.

Yao Ming, Zach Randolph, Shane Battier, Bonzi Wells and Mike James.
Eddy Curry, David Lee, Tracy McGrady, Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury. both teams improve. both moves make sense. and hey its plausible... McGrady is an Isiah boy afterall.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Although McGrady is one of the most talented players in the league, Im not sure if hes worth it. He is injured every other week but the Knicks are in desperate need of a sf. Isiah needs to smarten up and play Balkman and Chandler.

I posted something a week or 2 ago about McGrady startin to become unhappy in Houston and there Pf Scola plays better when T-Mac doesnt play. I think the Rockets have begun to think about trading McGrady, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

A good question to ask is if theres any other possible trades out there involving Zach Randolph. Would there be any other teams willing to take this black hole? If the answer is no then I would make the deal depending on what the remainder of TMacs contract is. Any move gettin rid of Z-Bo would help this team and even if McGrady plays every other game he would bring some excitement to NY and the Knicks would be better without the black hole on this team, last season is proof.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
hmm.. McGrady sounds really good guys.. but why tracy? Do we really want to bring in another player who has NEVER won a playoff series.. another unproven ball player with talent and potential oozing out of him... another big time offensive threat that plays NO defense.. damn guys i would love to see TMAC in a NYK uniform.. but we would have to trade more than Zach I would want us to throw Crawford, or Marbury in that trade also.. I mean we only got One Ball on the court at a time..

NYKnicks15

Starter
Of course we should explore all possible trades for Zach Randolph and Im sure quite a few teams would be very interested BUT Im just bringing up one that makes sense. For both teams that is. Randolph is a blackhole perhaps but McGrady is the total opposite he will dish and be happy about doing so. But to say he plays no D... thats a little off the wall.

metrocard

Legend
Bad deal for both teams; don't see how Yao would like playing with Randolph. Houston needs to space the floor with shooters and let Yao dominate.

T'Mac isn't the solution, starting isn't the solution either. Marbury isn't...either. The fact that McGrady and Crawford are starting together just means it will be a chuckfest.

After all the losing, people should get the idea by now.

paris401

Starter
portland gives us the 'black-hole' for free, and now he is worth tracey...

if he has so much value, why didn't portland get something for him???

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
portland gives us the 'black-hole' for free, and now he is worth tracey...

if he has so much value, why didn't portland get something for him???
It's a long story, but I actually know the answer. It's an old Ancient Chinese secret.You know, like the commercials for Laundry detergent.Once upon a time,not too long ago,there was a 6'9 giant by the name of Zach Randolph aka "the black hole."He was always a good jump shooter, and he was a great rebounder.But something was missing.Do you wanna know what it was? DEFENSE!And when Portland discovered this secret that was hidden from them for almost 6 years, they gave him away for nothing.Same thing with Curry.Only the Bulls were able to squeeze some draft picks from the Knicks, because Isiah's a genius.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Look at what T Mac did in Orlando 2003-2004 year.... He lead his team to the worst record in the NBA, had problems with the team, and finally got traded to Houston for Francis... That is definately not a good trade for any teams NY or HOU..... And how would Houston like that trade I dont GET IT..... Yao Ming is an offensive player why do they need a big contract black hole that ruins a team? why? Thats a poor trade... I agree with metro.. no way would I like this trade... T Mac is a better Jamal.. I don't want him here..