Houston Rockets vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/9/08

Which Knicks guard had the best game against Chicago?

• Nate Robinson

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Stephon Marbury

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Jamal Crawford

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
ill-timed shot selections in the 4th. something new for a change with this club. wonder what, if anything, the league is gonna due to zeke about the whole ref bumping thing.

:wallbash:

metrocard

Legend
Charlotte have got that game, Richardson is going off!! He is a gun.

Hahah, I see you're enjoying that link, cheers.

This games over

I can't understand why Curry gets minute. What is the point of scoring in the paint when you give up twice as many points on the other side of the paint? Its basically playing to lose if you play guys like Curry, Randolph Crawford.

Just start

Marbury(best passer)
Robinson(best shooter)
Balkman(best defender)
Lee(best rebounder)
Herb Williams(most experience)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol Herb is still a better defender then Curry but so is my mother. Who should start at center, Im might recieve criticism for this but I accept it. Im waitin for Jerome James to come back, he might suck but at least hes not a pussy.

Starks

Starter
I'm gona say something that's going to get me in trouble. here it goes:

that Scala guy looks a hell of a lot better than David Lee.

there i said it.

metrocard

Legend

there i said it.

Well he was the best big man in Europe for a couple of years, Europeans have a weak first season but the second season they have break out years, so I wouldn't be surprise to see him average pretty good numbers.

there i said it.

Scala was unguarded all night since the big concern was Yao.

But Scala can play some ball, im still a huge Lee fan, mainly because he busts his ass out on the court.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Scola plays well when McGrady doesnt play. Hes already serviceable but hes not as good as Lee yet. He did get alot of help from double teams drawn by Yao but the Knicks played bad in the 4th. I dont know if they got tired from the back to back games but thats not a good excuse.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think David Lee is still better than Scoula.I'd like to see Scoula try to do what he's done in Houston on a terrible team like the Knicks.The Knicks did good tonight against Houston.What I noticed about the Knicks is that they just suck.The Knicks played hard each of their last 4 games(including tonight against Houston), and they only have 1 win to show for it. That is a sign that even when they play hard, they can't win games consistantly.The Knicks do have a lot of talent, but unfortunately, they still suck, and I think the Knicks would still be at least 6 games below .500, even if they played hard all season.I still respect the Knicks for their effort, though, these past 4 games. Hopefully they play with this kind of effort the rest of the season.

Kiyaman

Legend
The first quarter ended with the Rockets 25, and the Knicks 19 points.
This was from the Knicks Starting lineup of Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, and Curry.

What seven Knick Players in the 2nd quarter made the comeback charge to have a halftime Knick lead of 3 points?
It wasn't Q.Richardson!
Those 2nd quarter players should've been the players to start the 4th quarter with.
Nate & Lee played all of the 2nd quarter with Jefferies playing the first 8 minutes, Crawford added 8 straight minutes in that quarter, with Marbury getting in and out minutes that added up to 7 minutes, along with 5 minutes each for Curry & Zach.

Q.Richardson was not supposed to get anymore playingtime after the first quarter.
Malik Rose playingtime was supposed to be that of a Role-Player at the SF position only getting pieces of minutes throughout the game just to bumb Yao for 4 to 6 fouls (The Rockets depend on Yao scoring while T-Mac is out), the Knicks had a better chance for the WIN with a Frontline of Curry, Lee, and Malik or Zach, Lee, and Malik, using Jefferies as the substitute SF for Malik.

If the Knicks Head Coach and Coaching Staff refuse to give playintime to SF-Balkman & SF-Chandler for fear of WINNING and a Strong Chemistry Energy Brewing on the team at least be senseable and let Malik Rose take Q.Richardson spot at the SF Position.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The first quarter ended with the Rockets 25, and the Knicks 19 points.
This was from the Knicks Starting lineup of Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, and Curry.

What seven Knick Players in the 2nd quarter made the comeback charge to have a halftime Knick lead of 3 points?
It wasn't Q.Richardson!
Those 2nd quarter players should've been the players to start the 4th quarter with.
Nate & Lee played all of the 2nd quarter with Jefferies playing the first 8 minutes, Crawford added 8 straight minutes in that quarter, with Marbury getting in and out minutes that added up to 7 minutes, along with 5 minutes each for Curry & Zach.

Q.Richardson was not supposed to get anymore playingtime after the first quarter.
Malik Rose playingtime was supposed to be that of a Role-Player at the SF position only getting pieces of minutes throughout the game just to bumb Yao for 4 to 6 fouls (The Rockets depend on Yao scoring while T-Mac is out), the Knicks had a better chance for the WIN with a Frontline of Curry, Lee, and Malik or Zach, Lee, and Malik, using Jefferies as the substitute SF for Malik.

If the Knicks Head Coach and Coaching Staff refuse to give playintime to SF-Balkman & SF-Chandler for fear of WINNING and a Strong Chemistry Energy Brewing on the team at least be senseable and let Malik Rose take Q.Richardson spot at the SF Position.
I agree with what you're saying, but Malik can't play small forward. He has no offensive ability. What Isiah needs to do is to stop being a pussy and control his team. The fact that he's kept the same starting lineup almost the entire season tells you that the players run the team.He needs to man the f$%k up.I mean, what kind of a coach/president of operations/GM lets his team run wild and do what they want? What he needs to do is bench people,trade people and waive them. That'll show them the message.Out of the starting 5 that we have, only Marbury deserves to start, and that's only by default,because he's the only player that can dribble the ball and pass it on the team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
whistle.gif

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
glad i wasnt home to watch this game, picked a good one to miss we played like shit and got no-show preformances from Harrington(3 pnts) and Chandler(9 pnts), and the defense and offense let up in the 3rd which changed the game.....we allowed 31 in the 3rd nd scored 14 ourselves(box scores are perfect for these games instead of watching)....but at least Nate is starting to get back to his normal self