Z-Bo to the Bucks

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I totally agree with this.
Remove Zach's and JJ's contract. Marbury's $21mil and Rose's $7.5 mil will be expiring at the end of the next season - tank the this season (don't need any help in that dept lol)
and get the #1 to #3 pick and get someone we can build a team around.
and finally fire isiah and we'll be all set.

I agree with the premise of this.

Even if we can't get rid of a few bad contracts, it's not that bad a situation. Marbury's contract is gone after next year and this season is in the toilet anyway. So we are going to get a lottery pick after this year and be in a position to sign someone good the year after that. That's the worst case scenario IF WE DO NOTHING!

If we move Zach (and other contracts) and get some picks or a bunch of expiring contracts, then we will be in much better shape.

What we have to hope is that Isiah stops trying to win NOW because we are so far away from that it's a joke. We need to try to win in 2010-2012 by getting rid of bad contracts, one dimensional players, players on the decline etc... and developing the handful of young talented players we already have to go along with what we get over the next couple of years.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Milwaukee and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Milwaukee and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Randolph
Jefferies

for

Villanueva(1 year left)
Voskul(expiring)
Mason(1 year left)
Simmons(2 years left)

Don't you guys get the pattern? Taking players like Francis, Redd, T'Mac will only create a bigger circus. We need to trade for expirings and draft picks only.

If only Isiah came on here and read your posts, too bad he dont think like this. I see the pattern, instead of lettin contracts expire Isiah likes to use them because of their trade values and get longer contracts to go along with overrated players.

Although I think Redd would fit in better on this team then McGrady I think what you said we need is the answer, expiring contracts and draft picks. The problem is Isiah doesnt think this way and apparently for some reason hes here to stay.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
There's nothing wrong in trading expiring contracts or draft picks...the only wrong he's guilty of is trading for lackluster talent. Again he has a GREAT eye for talent but it's up to the player to live up to that talent. Curry, JC, etc...they all have to gain that work ethic to become a good player in this league...we all hate isiah but we can't blame everything on isiah as fun or easy as it may be. I'd keep marbury, and I'd trade for Redd...unlike Isiah's past trades, the player he's getting has great work ethic. He comes from a hard-working christian family that believes in nothing but hard-working. Isiah...trade for Redd :thumbsup:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Has any one noticed that NY has an ass load of guards?

Marbury, Crawford, Richardson, Collins, Robinson, Jones.

That's 6 guards, Red would make 7. We might as well work something out with some of the other teams and ship three more guards out. Again, none of these trades address our defensive problem.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think if the Knicks have Zach Randolph on the trading block and not Eddy Curry, who has had a season melt down, they are insane.I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The reason Curry is struggling is not because of Zach. He's struggling because he plays with no defense, he seldom passes out of double and triple teams,he's full of himself,Isiah lets him get away with murder, Curry makes too many excuses for his bad play, and he can't catch rebounds for fast break scoring opportunities.If I was Isiah, I'd trade Curry before I trade Zach. The only way I'd trade Zach is if someone is stupid enough to give us a 1st round draft pick or someone who has an expiring contract.Say what you want about Zach, but he's a better rebounder than Curry, he takes responsibility for his actions, and he actually shows up to pratice at his own will, unlike Curry who feels forced into going to practice.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think if the Knicks have Zach Randolph on the trading block and not Eddy Curry, who has had a season melt down, they are insane.I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The reason Curry is struggling is not because of Zach. He's struggling because he plays with no defense, he seldom passes out of double and triple teams,he's full of himself,Isiah lets him get away with murder, Curry makes too many excuses for his bad play, and he can't catch rebounds for fast break scoring opportunities.If I was Isiah, I'd trade Curry before I trade Zach. The only way I'd trade Zach is if someone is stupid enough to give us a 1st round draft pick or someone who has an expiring contract.Say what you want about Zach, but he's a better rebounder than Curry, he takes responsibility for his actions, and he actually shows up to pratice at his own will, unlike Curry who feels forced into going to practice.

I pose this question to you. If several teams come to you and say 'I'll give you a scoring machine for Randolph. I don't want Curry.' Do you make the trade or remain with the same line up that's not working?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
so. When is the trade happening? I really want to know.. I looked up on espn and there is nothing... I seen only 4 sources with information about Z Bo goin to the Bucks. Will it happen? Maybe.. But I want a draft pick out of it.

I heard something of a mega trade involving. Milweukee, Philly, and New York. hmm

This seems like the Steve Francis deal. 2 weeks of rumors. and Finally a trade. This might be the same thing..

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I pose this question to you. If several teams come to you and say 'I'll give you a scoring machine for Randolph. I don't want Curry.' Do you make the trade or remain with the same line up that's not working?
I'd make the trade, but only if the person can defend. If they can't defend, then I'll keep the lineup as is. I'm sick of Curry getting free passes because he went to the NBA from High School. He's in his 7th year. By now, he needs to block at least 1 per game and average 8 rebounds. That is not too much to ask for someone that makes 9 million a year.
PS- Zach Randolph is a scoring machine himself. He might not be doing it in New York, because the Knicks have to give both him and Curry the ball, but he averaged 23 ppg in Portland.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
There's nothing wrong in trading expiring contracts or draft picks...the only wrong he's guilty of is trading for lackluster talent.

I agree with this also.

Look at the Celtics. They traded themselves into being an elite team.

The problem with Isiah has been he keeps drafting and trading for one dimensional role players, guys that aren't team oriented enough, guys that aren't leaders at crunch time. Plus most of them are overpaid.

As much as we all love Lee, even he's still a limited player.

You need guys that can do more than one thing well. That's why despite the fact that we have a lot of "playable" pieces, we can't put together a good team.

Crawford can't play defense, is inconsistent, and thinks about his own shot first.

Curry can't play defense, can't rebound, and has no mid range jumper.

Zach can't play defense, dribbles too much, and thinks about is own shot first.

Lee has no mid range jumper.

Balkman as no shot at all.

Robinson is a little immature and too small to guard a lot of players.

Collins has no shot.

Richardson can't hit the ocean.

Jeffries has no shot.

Marbury has been a constant distraction, is not a good team leader etc...

Most of these guys could play on a championship caliber team, but only if the other guys were good all around players and could cover up for the weaknesses of the guys above.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You summed that up perfectly, Knicklover. Amen.The knicks have a bunch of players who are only talented at 1 or 2 things, which is why they can't win. And they have nobody at SF, PF, or C that can block consistently or defend.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
There's nothing wrong in trading expiring contracts or draft picks...the only wrong he's guilty of is trading for lackluster talent. Again he has a GREAT eye for talent but it's up to the player to live up to that talent. Curry, JC, etc...they all have to gain that work ethic to become a good player in this league...we all hate isiah but we can't blame everything on isiah as fun or easy as it may be. I'd keep marbury, and I'd trade for Redd...unlike Isiah's past trades, the player he's getting has great work ethic. He comes from a hard-working christian family that believes in nothing but hard-working. Isiah...trade for Redd :thumbsup:

I think the blame has to go to Isiah, every player on this team was brought here by him. He should have looked into these players and their work ethic more. Crawford and especially Curry should both be much better then they are but there work ethic sucks. And again Curry more then Crawford, I think Jamal is actually in shape. Hes just got a soft mentality like Curry. Im glad to see you think they should keep Marbury, it doesnt make sense to trade him at this point unless a deal involving a good draft pick came along. Im split as far as trading for Redd, I agree hes a good hard working Christian that comes from a good family. Metro knows the deal, we should be lookin to get expiring contracts and draft picks only but we know Isiah doesnt think this way. I really wanna see him fired but I dont see it happenin at least for the rest of the season.

Another great post for ABCD, its been a routine since he joined. Curry should go before anyone else and he makes Zach look worse then he is by constantly blamin him for his regression from last year to this year. Zach hasd the right comments after the San Antonio game when he said Currys gotta play strong no matter whos on the court. He cant keep makin them dumb F*ckin excuses, it just makes me think less of him. I would like to see both of them go but I would prefer to see Curry traded first.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Another thing I noticed is that the media is actually repeating the garbage that comes out of Curry's mouth. Face it, he sucks. It's like when people were saying the Knicks are better without Ewing, just because he couldn't win a Champlionship.Look at us now. Forget Championship,Forget NBA Finals,forget playoffs, forget even 35 wins. That's how crappy the Knicks have become.It's a shame.

Starks

Starter
You know what's funny? All over the papers, the quote they have from Thomas after last nights loss is "All of our players are untradeable"

God I want to murder this man

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
lol. Thats funny cause we as logical fans say almost anyone on this team is tradeable. I guess Isiah just doesn't get it, and I dont think he will ever get it.

paris401

Starter
i have one word for this or any other trading happening...

It Ain't Happening....

(ok it more then one word..i'm shitty in math)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You know what's funny? All over the papers, the quote they have from Thomas after last nights loss is "All of our players are untradeable"

God I want to murder this man
I thought nobody could top Scott Layden, but I was wrong. We have ourselves a winner. In the famous words of Jay-Z:"And the winner is...
ISIAH THOMAS." The worst GM in NBA History, and the worst coach in Knicks history.CHEERS!

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
redd 2 NY? man thats what we need a nice shooter...but idk aint 2 crazy about the trade becasue well we have enough guards as it is and like we need a PF...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Isiah Thomas is stupid. When they traded Kurt Thomas for Quentin Richardson, the Raptors had offered us Vince Carter, earlier that season.Now I'm not a fan of Vince Carter, but he's WAY better than Quentin Richardson. Also, Joe Johnson was a free agent at the time, and the Knicks could've signed him. I'd rather give Joe Johnson a big salary than Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, and Quentin Richardson, like the Knicks did.