Detroit Pistons at New York Knicks Game Thread 1/13

Which recent event was the most embarrassing?

• Zach Randolph being benched and having words with Isiah

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Stephon Marbury calling out Isiah and criticizing his strategy

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Isiah Thomas going public with his 3 favorite Knicks

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Jamal Crawford being one of Isiahs favorite Knicks

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Detroit Pistons(27-9) vs the New York Knicks(9-26)
Sunday, Jan. 13 at 7:00pm ET on MSG

For those of you still watching the Knicks, welcome to the MSG33 pregame show. Im your host Jazzy Jeff and we have alot to talk about. The Pistons come in having won 8 of their last 10 games. Rasheed Wallace, possibly the only player who can match the intensity of Kevin Garnett, is fired up after the Pistons embarrassing loss last year in the Eastern Conference Finals to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Pistons and the Celtics are the favorites to represent the eastern conference in the NBA Finals this year.

The Knicks have only won 1 of their last 10 games as the drama continues. Stephon Marbury doenst like the way Isiah runs the team, Zach Randolph is upset with being benched last night, and Isiah only likes 3 players on the team: Nate Robinson, David Lee, and.......Jamal Crawford. With the Knicks now being 17 games under 500, it is time to start watching college basketball. Although I feel the Knicks should still play every game as hard as they can and earn some respect others feel like they need intentionally lose to increase their chances of obtaining the #1 pick in the draft. What I call pride others call stupidity and thats ok, we all have different opinions.

STARTING LINEUPS

The Detroit Pistons

pg-Chauncy Billups
sg-Richard Hamilton
sf-Tayshaun Prince
pf-Rasheed Wallace
C-Antonio Mcdyess

The New York Knicks

Point Guard - Stephon Marbury
Shooting Guard - Jamal Crawford
Small Forward - Quentin Richardson
Power Forward - Zach Randolph
Center - Eddy Curry

The Knicks keys to Victory:

• Play hard for 4 quarters: This is the only way the Knicks will have a chance because the Pistons do this night after night
  • Play Balkman again
  • Dont be afraid to give Lee big minutes
  • Crash the Boards!!!! The Knicks are the 15th best rebounding team (42rpg), Detroit is 26th (40.7rpg)

Key Matchup: Zach "Z-Bo" Randolph vs Rasheed Wallace

This is a joke but Rasheed Wallace has been on a tear his last 5 games. Zach Randolph, depending on how many minutes, will have his hands full (with whoppers). If Rasheed starts scoring theres nothing Zach can do to stop him so he will need to try to match him offensively and grab some rebounds to keep his team in the game. Lets take a look at the damage Wallace has done the past 5 games.

34.8mpg
16.8ppg
49.3fg%
52.2 3P%
9.4rpg
2.2bpg

Very impressive numbers from Wallace. He is playing very intense and showing his desire for another championship.

Jamal Crawford has put together his best 5 game stretch so far this season. His field goal percentages have been far above his season average but turnovers have still been a problem. There was a game during this 5 game stretch where Crawford only had 1 turnover.

42.6mpg
21ppg
48.2fg%
35.5 3P%
4.2apg
3.2topg

Game Notes:

-Pistons Turn the ball over less then any other team (11.5topg)
-Pistons have 2nd best defense (89.41 pts allowed)
-Pistons are 16-0 when scoring over 100pts, 4-5 when they allow 100pts or more
-Pistons have the 4th highest number of technical fouls (23)​

The Knicks have had alot of problems with their perimeter defense so heres a list of players to keep an eye on:

R Hamilton-46.7%
Jarvis Hayes-41%
Walter Hermann-40%
Rasheed Wallace-38.1%
Chauncey Billups-37.6%
Tayshaun Prince-37.3%

And that does it for my pregame show, I thank everyone for tuning in and remember to watch the Knicks Sunday night on MSG.

*Detroit has a game Saturday Night vs the Bobcats, not all numbers are accurate

Last edited:
I actually think its guna be just like the spurs game. They'll be close the whole game-then have a 5 minute collapse in the middle of the third OR be close all the way-and then just decide not to show up in the 4th quarter.

I really don't see a way the knicks can win sunday,all they can do is actually TRY and see what happens...

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
I dont think we have much chance of winning this game!
We had no D so only way we are going to beat them is by rebounding effectivly. Offensive and Defensive rebounds will win this game for us. Lee and Robinson should start. Balkman should get on the court and just do what he does best, hustles non stop.
My guess for score is going to be 110-100 to pistons

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think the Knicks will win this one.6 of their next 10 games are on the road, and I doubt the Knicks will go on a winning streak on the road, where they are 2-13.Since they are on a losing streak at home, and 7 of their wins come at home, I say they'll get the win.I think their defense will suck,as usual, but the Pistons will not capitalize like usual, since they are playing a
back-to-back.I say the Knicks win,but I don't think this will make them start winning games. It will be just another rare win for the Knicks.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea they deff have a chance...all the time we play pistons is CLOSE...but only in the garden...4 some reason Isiah really gets into the knicks 2 play good...

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'll actually get to see this game tonite because I get NBA TV. Pretty bad at this point in the season the Knicks are still searching for double digit wins. Maybe some of the Knicks will take notice how real professionals conduct themselves on the court. The season marches on...

Kiyaman

Legend
Here's a posting that will might get you thinking a little bit about just how bad things are with Isiah:

www.sportsstrategies.net

How can they beat the Pistons?

The Knicks Rookie lineup (2005) of Nate, Lee, Frye, and C-Butler gave Detroit hell each time they played them and WON a game for Knick Coach Larry Brown in an overtime WIN.

Lastseason Nate, Crawford, Balkman, and Lee almost beat the Pistons each game Coach Isiah used that lineup.

Detroit is comming off of a Loss to Dallas on the 9th, a WIN over the Spurs on the 10th, and an overtime WIN over Charlotte on the 12th (last night).

Tonight will be Detroits 4th game in 5 days, the Charlotte Bobcats Felton and Jackson running game had Detroit sore in overtime.

If the Knicks only had a game Scout, what game-plan would you think the Scout would give the Knick players and coaches for this WIN? easy, the Knicks guards & SF should run Billups & RIP into a coma in the first half of the game having Nate pressure Billups bring the ball up court in the second quarter with Balkman rebounding, passing and fastbreak dribbling run the floor with as many lob-passes as possible. No Halfcourt Offense untill the 4th quarter with a huge double digit Knick lead.

Its bad that the Knicks Coaching Staff is more confuse than the Knick Players.

Pricey

Rotation player
no idea, spewing though cause he is in my fantasy team hehehe.

Yeah NY beat the Cowboys!!! good news for me. Im a Green Bay Packers fan so thank u for the home ground advantage lol. Hope the Giants like the ice.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hopefully he walked out for good again

Here comes the Marbury hate, who invited you to post in my gamethread? Your not welcome here so take your Marbury hate somewhere else son.

no idea, spewing though cause he is in my fantasy team hehehe.

Yeah NY beat the Cowboys!!! good news for me. Im a Green Bay Packers fan so thank u for the home ground advantage lol. Hope the Giants like the ice.

Brett Favre will get retired by the Giants