Would you want Joakim?

With the recent battles Joakim Noah has been having with his team (assistant coach and ben wallace) Chicago's probably already starting to dislike him. IF he was to be put on the block, would you guys want him in NY?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
yeah hes not a bad young player. Hes got D which is what we need. I think he will wanna go anywhere before ben wallace stabs him or something!!!!

no thanks. we already have one ugly, 6'11, lanky, overrated, overperformer in the ncaa tournament, and defensive "stopper" in jared jeffries.

Absoultely. Joakim is a native New Yorker (not to mention we went to the same high school hehe). But seriously he is exactly what the knicks need, an all effort, all the time, rebounder, defender, as well as leader and winner.

From the articles I've read in the Chicago papers the only reason he's been getting into trouble is because he is not afraid to speak his mind both to coaches and players however, because he's a rookie the veteran players expect him to keep his mouth shut. The situation in Chicago is almost as bad as the one with our team so if Noah has got the balls to call out veterans and coach's as a rookie it could only bode well for the future. It's not like the Bulls are the Pistons, Spurs, Suns etc, teams with veterans who play hard every night. The Bulls may be the most underachieving team in the league, even more then the Knicks. Noah has a good chance to be the Next Marcus Camby and I would be shocked if the Bulls gave him up.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Nah. If he aint likin it in Chicago, he just wouldn't like it here. With the atmosphere, Isiaherr, Marbury, the Poor Defense by EC Jamal, and Zach, and the overall play of the Knicks (not counting the 3 game winning streak)

Pricey

Rotation player
depends what we would have to give up for him i guess. he is young and plays defence which we need. he could fit in

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Chicago and the knicks aint makin any trades but i like Noah (no homo). From what I seen of him hes a taller version of David Lee and hes a better shot blocker but I dont see him bein the next Marcus Camby. At the same time I would take Noah as our center over Curry anyday.

nyKnicks126

Yeah but how does Chicago want for him, I aint tradin Balkman or Lee for that guy.

Artest on the other hand is an experienced leader. This guy is a rookie with only some limited leadership cause thanks to Al Horford he is what he is right now :).

Yeah but how does Chicago want for him, I aint tradin Balkman or Lee for that guy.

Artest on the other hand is an experienced leader. This guy is a rookie with only some limited leadership cause thanks to Al Horford he is what he is right now :).

You think Artest is an experienced leader??? Sometimes I can't believe some of the posts I read on this board.

Horford is a terrific player but so is Noah who was the the unquestioned leader as well as the heart and soul of the Gators championship teams.

Also as an aside, I though Corey Brewer would be a much better NBA player out of the gate but so far no good. I though he was a much better shooter then this but apparently not.

Pricey

Rotation player
You think Artest is an experienced leader??? Sometimes I can't believe some of the posts I read on this board.

Horford is a terrific player but so is Noah who was the the unquestioned leader as well as the heart and soul of the Gators championship teams.

Also as an aside, I though Corey Brewer would be a much better NBA player out of the gate but so far no good. I though he was a much better shooter then this but apparently not.
yeah i dont know if he is a leader but he is experienced and has the ability to be a leader. he would be a good player to get if possible.

nyKnicks126

wtf.. why is everyone hatin on Ron! DAmN everyone makes mistakes... Look at Stephen Jackson, and Jamaal Tinsley they get introuble all the time, and people actually respect them either way..

Pricey

Rotation player
i wasnt ragging on Ron, i like him and he is one of my faves. I just wasnt sure if u would call him a "Leader" cause of all the stuff thats happened with him. i think he can be a leader if he isnt one now. He would be a excellent get for the Knicks

GetRealistic

Starter
Artest is a great talent, and tremendous on defense. But he's not a leader. Is he capable of being a leader? Possibly but at this moment hes not a leader. A leader has to be cool under pressure.

i wasnt ragging on Ron, i like him and he is one of my faves. I just wasnt sure if u would call him a "Leader" cause of all the stuff thats happened with him. i think he can be a leader if he isnt one now. He would be a excellent get for the Knicks

Artest is a great talent, and tremendous on defense. But he's not a leader. Is he capable of being a leader? Possibly but at this moment hes not a leader. A leader has to be cool under pressure.

Agree with both these posts, i'd love to have Artest on this team but he has a lot to prove with regard to being a leader. But so did Spre when he came to the knicks and he became the unquestioned leader of this team.

nyKnicks126

I can't really remember the last time the Kings were under pressure.. Artest didn't really get any opportunities to be under pressure maybe once this year.

Down side to Artest he is simply unpredictable...

Anyway. Artest is a better leader and player then Joakim. So I pick Ron..

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Joakim Noah is a good player, but if the Knicks were to try and get him, they'd have to give up David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, or Nate Robinson, because of the salary cap situation. Either that or take a big salary from Chicago and give them a big salary, too. I don't like the move.