Official Walt Clyde Frazier Thread

Paul1355

All Star
great thread i love all the defintions in Clyde's dictionary

He makes the horrible Knicks game enjoyable

If you had Gus Johnson replace Mike Breen then we'd have one hell of a broadcast...Clyde with the insight and fancy words...Johnson with the awesome announcing...im jizzing as we speak lol jk

Clyde is the man...loved his speech at the anniversary game where the Knicks were yet embarissing for the 100th time this season.

I wish clyde was an assistant coach.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I could see Walt being a good assistant coach, Paul.Every game he points out knowledge every player should know.He doesn't seem to be the kind of person to push a team aggressively to get better since he seems laid back, but he definitely could help them with basic stuff that players seem to not be aware of or forget.He'd definitely be better on end of game plays.

tiger0330

Legend
Really?
I grew up on 176th.
Interesting, used to be a bar 167th Jerome/ Walton Ave that Clyde hung out at occasionally. Probably not there anymore, I haven't been in that neighborhood in ages. The neighborhood went into decline when Clyde stopped playing and then a lot of the Bronx came back with the real estate boom.

metrocard

Legend
This thread is two years old...lol.

But of course, most of threads are quality enough to bump 2 years later and still enjoy a good read.

tiger0330

Legend
Hey if they can roll out the Legends, Willis, Clyde, Barnett, Bradley every ten years. Metro can bump a thread every 2 years, funny nobody even read that thread 2 years ago.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I shook Walt Clyde's hand back in 2010, before the Nuggets vs Knicks game when Melo and Gallo went at it.

I had got floor seats in the section behind the visitor's basket, on stub hub, and got there early. He came walking from somewhere behind us and was making his way to the stairs to my left, to get to the court. I stood up and said something like "whoa, it's Walter Clyde" and extended my hand. He shook my hand and said "hey young fella."

The chick that I was with had no idea who he was. Things didn't work out.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I shook Walt Clyde's hand back in 2010, before the Nuggets vs Knicks game when Melo and Gallo went at it.

I had got floor seats in the section behind the visitor's basket, on stub hub, and got there early. He came walking from somewhere behind us and was making his way to the stairs to my left, to get to the court. I stood up and said something like "whoa, it's Walter Clyde" and extended my hand. He shook my hand and said "hey young fella."

haha That's awesome!

Cool story...

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
I can not stand listening to Clyde any longer. He uses the same 8 adjectives over and over.

Today, while looking for a word or phrase to describe the Knicks defense he paused........... for about 4-5 seconds and then said, (this is word for word)

"The knicks defense with the Teflon D, not sticking to their man"

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

I can't stand anymore of his dumbass rhymes.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I can not stand listening to Clyde any longer. He uses the same 8 adjectives over and over.

Today, while looking for a word or phrase to describe the Knicks defense he paused........... for about 4-5 seconds and then said, (this is word for word)

"The knicks defense with the Teflon D, not sticking to their man"

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

I can't stand anymore of his dumbass rhymes.
I should neg rep you for saying this...

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
I should neg rep you for saying this...

Why because I'm the only person on this board that realizes he uses the same 8 multisyllable words in order to sound smart and accomplished.

It's honestly like Clyde brings a checklist of words he must use every game

Ohh there were go, got tenacious in there

hmm how about loquacious

and yes.. omnipotent.

Dude tries way too hard

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
When the Knicks were slumping.. Clyde was the one who made the games somewhat more entertaining to watch..

I seriously have a better time watching the games when he's commentating and the games are on MSG than when its on some other network..