Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Will make no difference

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look I know that Ron Artest doesn't make us into a contende, hell it probably doesn't make a playoff team automatically, but we need a two way player desperately. The Boston game showed us several reasons why. We put in a Defensive lineup to stop Boston, and they played well, but couldn't get anything going for us on offense. Jared Jefferies looked sharp on D, but missed at least two wide open Jumpers, and that driving layup in the lane that seemed to shift the momentum back to Boston.
To make Zach and Eddy work you need to stretch the D, and the Knicks can do that, but then they pay for it on defense.

I think we all agree that expiring contracts and picks are the way to go if you want destroy and rebuild. But, if we want to work with what we have then we need a couple of players like Ron Artest. The Knicks may need to give up this years lottery pick for Artest in order not to have to part with Lee, and really Ron will make more of an impact on this team than any player we draft. I'm only in favor of bringing in more youth if we go into rebuilding mode, and as of right now that isn't the case.

I know everyone thinks that Ron will opt out of his contract and join the Knicks for sure, but he really thinks that he is underpaid and the MLE is even less than what he is making now, so we will have to make a trade to get him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think acquiring Ron Artest is definitely a step in the right direction. I could honestly see the Knicks making the playoffs next year, if they acquire him, and if they draft a shot blocking center in the draft and a good defensive point guard as well.If all they do is get Artest, however, then the team will not improve at all, because we won't have any perimeter or interior defense from our back court and front court other than Ron Artest.This is what the line up will look like, if they both acquire Artest and get a good defensive Center and this is the lineup if they don't.
PG-Stephon Marbury
SG-Jamal Crawford
SF-Ron Artest
PF-Zach Randolph or Eddy Curry
(I prefer Randolph, but I know some people think otherwise)
C-Shot blocking Center
If they don't draft a good defensive center:
PG-Stephon Marbury
SG-Jamal Crawford
SF-Ron Artest
PF-Zach Randolph
C-Eddy Curry

The first one shows a big improvement on defense, while the second one just shows a good defender sorounded by players who can't play defense.They need to do both, get Artest or a player that can score and defend at the SF position, and draft a good defender at center.

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
hopefully it will be this

PG-Marbury
SG-Crawford
SF-Artest
PF-Randolph
C-Beasley

or

PG-Rose
SG-Crawford
SF-Artest
PF-Randolph
C- Any center but Curry

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
As much as I want Artest on the Knicks Isiah did sumthin smart for a change by not trading Balkman and Nate for him. Were better off waiting so we can sign him at this point, the season is over so why give away young talent? Unless we can get Artest for a couple of scrubs like Jeffries and Malik Rose its not worth it. Sacramentos not dumb enough to take these bums, only Isiah is. Alot of members on here dont like artest and they think hes nothing but trouble. I really dont think artest is bad, hes been able to stay out of trouble since last year. I dont think hes a bad person, hes a warrior dedicated to winning and thats what we need.

New New York

Quiet Storm
As much as I want Artest on the Knicks Isiah did sumthin smart for a change by not trading Balkman and Nate for him. Were better off waiting so we can sign him at this point, the season is over so why give away young talent? Unless we can get Artest for a couple of scrubs like Jeffries and Malik Rose its not worth it. Sacramentos not dumb enough to take these bums, only Isiah is. Alot of members on here dont like artest and they think hes nothing but trouble. I really dont think artest is bad, hes been able to stay out of trouble since last year. I dont think hes a bad person, hes a warrior dedicated to winning and thats what we need.

But again, Ron won't come over for the MLE. He likes NY, but not that much! I think that Fred Jones (expiring contract) Wilson Chandler (young player w/ an upside) and Malik Rose (to make the trade work financially) might be enough. The deal may have to include draft pick, I would suggest a swap of picks, seeing how Sac will probably be lottery bound, but will likely have a better record than us, and could use our pick to move up, but will allow us to still get a lottery pick... Ok so maybe that all is a stretch, but one thing is certain we don't get Ron at MLE, so we are going to have to come up with a decent package for the Kings.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think Marbury is going to leave the Knicks. If he does, the Knicks will have to give him 20 million dollars.I don't see him being traded,either, because of his contract.If the Knicks trade him, they'd trade an expiring contract for someone with lots of MONEY and YEARS on their contract. Isiah Thomas, as stupid as he is, was talking about being careful about his trades because of salary cap.I don't think he'll be willing to make the trade or buyout.After the years of damage the Patrick Ewing trade did, I doubt they will trade Marbury.Isiah would hurt his image, if he trades Marbury, because he will look like just like Scott Layden, someone who was fired before Isiah took the job.

paris401

Starter
I don't think Marbury is going to leave the Knicks. If he does, the Knicks will have to give him 20 million dollars..

no..no..no.. if he leaves, the knicks owe him 'zero'.. if they cut him, then they owe him the $$$$... and i agree with ya, he ain't goin no-where..

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
But again, Ron won't come over for the MLE. He likes NY, but not that much! I think that Fred Jones (expiring contract) Wilson Chandler (young player w/ an upside) and Malik Rose (to make the trade work financially) might be enough. The deal may have to include draft pick, I would suggest a swap of picks, seeing how Sac will probably be lottery bound, but will likely have a better record than us, and could use our pick to move up, but will allow us to still get a lottery pick... Ok so maybe that all is a stretch, but one thing is certain we don't get Ron at MLE, so we are going to have to come up with a decent package for the Kings.

This is sumthin i never understood, people are always sayin wait til after the season to sign him. Is there sumthin Im missing? Artest has 2 years left on his contract but he can opt out after this season. Everyone says just wait for him to sign with us but as you pointed out we dont have any money to sign him with. A sign and trade with Fred Jones would be a joke, Jones isnt near Artests level. Im missing sumthin, someone fill me in.

I don't think Marbury is going to leave the Knicks. If he does, the Knicks will have to give him 20 million dollars.I don't see him being traded,either, because of his contract.If the Knicks trade him, they'd trade an expiring contract for someone with lots of MONEY and YEARS on their contract. Isiah Thomas, as stupid as he is, was talking about being careful about his trades because of salary cap.I don't think he'll be willing to make the trade or buyout.After the years of damage the Patrick Ewing trade did, I doubt they will trade Marbury.Isiah would hurt his image, if he trades Marbury, because he will look like just like Scott Layden, someone who was fired before Isiah took the job.

Although I think itd be best for Marbury and the Knicks if he left I think hes stayin. Isiah and Marbury clearly dont like each other but it looks like there gonna have to work out their differences. Marbury will be back in a Knicks uniform by the time the season is over, hes havin surgery today right?

paris401

Starter
This is sumthin i never understood, people are always sayin wait til after the season to sign him. Is there sumthin Im missing? Artest has 2 years left on his contract but he can opt out after this season. Everyone says just wait for him to sign with us but as you pointed out we dont have any money to sign him with. A sign and trade with Fred Jones would be a joke, Jones isnt near Artests level. Im missing sumthin, someone fill me in.

QUOTE]

u ain't missing nutin... he ain't comin to ny for the mle... and that's all that isiah has left in his bag of tricks (or is it bag of shit).

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Although I think itd be best for Marbury and the Knicks if he left I think hes stayin. Isiah and Marbury clearly dont like each other but it looks like there gonna have to work out their differences. Marbury will be back in a Knicks uniform by the time the season is over, hes havin surgery today right?
Yeah,he's having surgery,and he'll be out for the rest of the season.By the way, I agree with you. I don't think the Knicks will get Artest.There will be competition to get him, and the Knicks don't have enough money to get him.Unless he's willing to join the team for less money(which he'd be dumb to do so considering the Knicks are a sub .500 team)I don't see him coming here either.