Lose Lose situation

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok, the season is half way done, and needless to say it's been disappointing thus far. But as of late we have been playing decent ball. I mean four wins in six games is not too shaby. But the playoffs still look like a long shot for us, and each win just lessens our chances of getting a top pick in the lottery, do we want to see this team lose?

I'm a die hard Knick fan and I want us to go 82-0 every season, so the idea of us tanking games makes me sick, but we actually own our pick this year, so losses aren't as hard to swallow as in the past couple of years when we our losing amounted to a nice pick for Chicago. Not to mention, the whole bottom half of the playoffs for the East are not true playoff teams, they are just benefiting from a weak conference, I mean NJ has lost seven straight and are only a game or so out. So how much of an accomplishment would it be if we did make it being seven or eight games below .500? Plus if Isiah gets the Knicks into the playoffs he's back for another season for sure! I don't hate Isiah but I think a change is needed. But lets say we get the third or fourth pick, which ofcourse means we didn't make the playoffs, does Isiah get to draft, or is he fired at seasons end?

So lets run down the potential outcomes of this season

We play well miss the playoffs slightly and get around the 9th or 10th pick in the lottery

We keep pace win only 24 games and land anywhere from 1st to 6th

We make the playoffs, lose to the C's in five (maybe), Isiah gets another season at GM and coach, as well as another summer to add to our salary, and we get an early first rounder.

Seriously there are not any great options for the immediate future for us! But 24 wins may liberate us from Isiah reighn, land a top pick, which could bring in a star talent, or could be package along with a bad contract to free up some cap ie. Zach.

To continue to play ball like we are playing currently ( 4 of 6) would give Dolan reason not to fire Isiah.

Playoffs means for sure Isiah will be back.

Side Note: I don't really hate Isiah, I really think he tried to make the Knicks better, but there is just too much turmoil with this team right now, and unfourtunatley as GM he has to be the first to blame. I think he'll probably never be a GM in this league again, but I can see Joe Dumars making him a scout, or even Magic pulling strings to get him as a scout for the Lakers, anyways that for another thread.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You bring up a good point, if the Knicks do somehow come back and make the playoffs Isiah will be here longer. What are we the fans suppose to root for?

A) More losing leading to the firing of Isiah/higher draft pick
B) See some pride from the players fight to make the playoffs

As someone with alot of pride I want to see the team play with pride reguardless of all other factors involved but this ones got me thinkin. I know alot of people will have different opinions here. I think a poll should be added to this thread. Losing in most ways makes more sense but you still wanna see the team try hard instead of continuing to play like a bunch of P*ssys.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Good thread,New York_New York.I gave you a rep point for that thread.Personally,I think the Knicks should just play hard, for the rest of the season.The Knicks are a poor defensive team, so they will make the lottery, even if they play hard.The Knicks will lose a lot of games, just by their subpar defense alone.The Knicks just need to do their best, and try to get as many wins as they can.The Knicks need to play with pride, or they will continue to be the laughing stock of the NBA.The sooner they play hard, the better.And if a miracle happens and the Knicks make the playoffs(which I still think the Knicks have no chance of doing)then the players that never made the playoffs, or have only played a few playoff games, like Nate Robinson,David Lee,Crawford,Balkman,Randolph(only 7 playoff games played),etc will get valuable playoff experience.This could also build chemistry with the team, and players will play harder, knowing there is a reward for hard work.

Kiyaman

Legend
Which Franchise Will Isiah Turn Around By The Trade Deadline?

Hopefully the Knicks, Kings, and Grizzlies by way of Ron Artest & Gasol, for Marbury, Q.Richardson, Zach Randolph, and a future first rounder.
Great Question!

The above question should be in every New York Newspaper Sports Page.
Because this is ridiculous for a "Die-Hard" Knick Fan.
Maybe that's the reason why "Stern" has not made any move about the Anucha decision. Isiah has become a BIG help to so many teams in the NBA League, that us Knick Fans are selfish and refuse to see the big picture of Isiah big help to the league.

Great Question!

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Yeah i hate seeing us loose but in our case in could be the only way to turn ourselves around. If we are gunna 'throw' games away then why not put our rookies out for alot of mins. Seriously this is the time to develop our young players. Chandler and Balkman should be the 2 getting all the mins at SF. Nate and Collins should get the mins at PG. Lee should become the starter and Randolph Morris should become a frequent option at center.
I stil think even if we play all the young guys we still would win a few games which makes us more respectable.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Quite the dilemma. Root for the Knicks to lose or root for the Knicks to win. Great question! For the long term goals (i.e. winning a championship), Isiah must be fired. This will only happen if the Knicks continue to lose. When watching games, when it is close, it is impossible for me to root for a loss, but when they do lose, I don't feel that bad because it will hopefully lead to better days, that is Isiah getting fired and getting a high draft pick. There are a few potential franchise players in the upcoming draft so it is in the Knick's best interest to lose as many games as possible. I'm probably going to get some grief for saying this, but I am hoping the Knicks go on a bad losing streak. It pains me to even say it or think it, but continuing to win games and eventually making the playoffs means Isiah will continue to f*ck this team up. As much as I have enjoyed this recent winning (sort of) streak, it probably wasn't good for this franchise. If the losing had coninued, Isiah may have been fired by now. The sooner we get a respected GM, the sooner we can truly rebuild this franchise into a championship contender. Let us suffer now so we can be proud Knick fans in the future.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Good thread,New York_New York.I gave you a rep point for that thread.Personally,I think the Knicks should just play hard, for the rest of the season.The Knicks are a poor defensive team, so they will make the lottery, even if they play hard.The Knicks will lose a lot of games, just by their subpar defense alone.The Knicks just need to do their best, and try to get as many wins as they can.The Knicks need to play with pride, or they will continue to be the laughing stock of the NBA.The sooner they play hard, the better.And if a miracle happens and the Knicks make the playoffs(which I still think the Knicks have no chance of doing)then the players that never made the playoffs, or have only played a few playoff games, like Nate Robinson,David Lee,Crawford,Balkman,Randolph(only 7 playoff games played),etc will get valuable playoff experience.This could also build chemistry with the team, and players will play harder, knowing there is a reward for hard work.

Good Looks on the rep points, I appreciate that! But you bring up a great point that I was over looking, which is how we need some of our players to taste the NBA playoffs. I think Jamal Crawford would benefit from being apart of that high level of play. So there is a plus for making the playoffs even just to get swept.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Quite the dilemma. Root for the Knicks to lose or root for the Knicks to win. Great question! For the long term goals (i.e. winning a championship), Isiah must be fired. This will only happen if the Knicks continue to lose. When watching games, when it is close, it is impossible for me to root for a loss, but when they do lose, I don't feel that bad because it will hopefully lead to better days, that is Isiah getting fired and getting a high draft pick. There are a few potential franchise players in the upcoming draft so it is in the Knick's best interest to lose as many games as possible. I'm probably going to get some grief for saying this, but I am hoping the Knicks go on a bad losing streak. It pains me to even say it or think it, but continuing to win games and eventually making the playoffs means Isiah will continue to f*ck this team up. As much as I have enjoyed this recent winning (sort of) streak, it probably wasn't good for this franchise. If the losing had coninued, Isiah may have been fired by now. The sooner we get a respected GM, the sooner we can truly rebuild this franchise into a championship contender. Let us suffer now so we can be proud Knick fans in the future.
I've felt the same way about us getting blown out at times, like ok atleast this means Isiah will be gone soon. I think deep down inside all of us Knick fans have felt like that this season about the mounting loses actually may bring light at the end of the tunnel. But....this is James Dolan were talking about, he doesnt respond to public outcry just out of stubborness. So the scary reality could be all of these loses (on and off the court, or even better, in and out of court) may not be enough to warrant Isiah departure. Althoug, If Brian Colangelo and Jerry West are seriously considering taking over, then I'd fire Zeke as GM even if we made the second round of the playoffs.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Isiah wants 2 stay wit the knicks because he believes that just enough time can get the knicks 2 a championship like him in detriot...took him awhile but he did it...and idk this knicks are only good enough to PROBABLY get 8th spot in playoff and get swept...

New New York

Quiet Storm
Isiah wants 2 stay wit the knicks because he believes that just enough time can get the knicks 2 a championship like him in detriot...took him awhile but he did it...and idk this knicks are only good enough to PROBABLY get 8th spot in playoff and get swept...

I hear you Bro, but those Detroit teams didnt endure the off the court embaressment we have, plus Detroit has never had the pressure to win in any other sport besides Hockey. So The Pistons losing isn't nearly as major as The Knicks losing

jzero29

Rotation player
Season is lost

Sure the knicks are playing well and there is the loooong shot that they can make playoffs. In which they'd just get crushed first round anyway. This winning is to little to late. If they continue to play like this(big if) they will end up with about 33-36 wins, just missing playoffs. Most likely they will not be able to continue this current effort. The season is over. It is pointless for them to do good, it may give DOlan reason to not follow through on his half hearted ultimatum for Isiah to win he gave at the end of last season and every win hurts our lottery chances on the only 1st round pick we'll get, in the next 2 yrs. The Knicks will not get into the playoffs. They'd need to win 3 out of every 4. It won't happen. The only thing this does is make Dolan belive Isiah isn't doing a bad job. If they get to 30 plus wins, he'll think, well we played competetive the second half, maybe Isiahs on a role, I'll keep him. We are the worst franchise in basket ball. The difference between us and every other basement dwelling team is they all have promising draft picks of superstar caliber and they will have future draft picks. Seattle has kevin durant, minn(almost a lock for 1st overall draft) Al jefferson and a cast of young players. Miami has wade and shaq, will some off the cap if he retires. Emmphis has rudy gay. The clippers are missing their best player, elton brand. The bulls have a good cast, just having bad years, all the trade talk rattled soe of those guys and they'll be around 20mill under cap next year. 76ers arent so hot, but they also will be about 20 something mill under cap next season. Not to mention all these teams weren't stupid enough to give away so many draft picks. We owe next years first rounder, not this years. But the year isn't over, maybe Isiah can trade it away! or better yet, maybe he'll take the pick, but realize how valuable Jerome james is and cut the 1st round pick.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You make some great points.I could see Isiah cutting the first round pick.He did cut Demetris Nichols, who was the best rookie on the Knicks' Summer League team,and was given to us by the Trailblazers;a team that was trying to draft some big players.I also agree with you that the Knicks will not make the playoffs.The Knicks don't need a .500 record to make the playoffs, they just need 39 or 40 wins, and they'll make it,since they have the tiebreaker over the Nets.But they'd have to win 2/3 of the rest of their games, and this team is too inconsistent, and are too poor a defensive team to get to the playoffs.Also, I think Dolan will keep Isiah, if they can get at least 30 wins by the end of this season.Isiah has a 24 million dollar contract, and after the Anucha Brown decision, I doubt Dolan wants to pay 24 million more for 1 years worth of coaching.I also believe the Knicks are the worst team in the NBA, too.When I saw the Timberwolves play the Nets, last night,they looked just as confused and divided as the Knicks, yet the Knicks have more talent and more salary cap deficits than them.That says a lot about the Knicks, when you can compare them to a team with an 8-35 record.

metrocard

Legend
Fuck this season, its tainted.

Tank.
Trade everyone
Get expiring contracts
Get lottery picks
Leave Isiah in a tank full of deadly acid.
Leave Dolan in a ring with Miguel Cotto on steroids.

Pricey

Rotation player
Fuck this season, its tainted.

Tank.
Trade everyone
Get expiring contracts
Get lottery picks
Leave Isiah in a tank full of deadly acid.
Leave Dolan in a ring with Miguel Cotto on steroids.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Metrocard, every single word posted just then is 100% spot on

Given that this draft is so so and how having a horrible record doesn't make you a lock at all to have a top pick in the lottery I say the Knicks should play hard. The only thing is I want guys like Nate, Lee, Balkman, Collins, Chandler and even Randolph Morris play minutes. I dont know about Chandler and Morris but Nate, Lee, Balkman and Collins all have the ability to be solid NBA winning players.

Isiah doesn't know how to put a team together through trades and free agency but he's good at the draft, can't take that away from him.

metrocard

Legend
You should stop following basketball since everything you preach is invalid completely.

This draft is very deep and strong, do your research.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
these are free agents for next year who you think the knicks need

Josh Childress, James Posey ,Rayon Rondo,Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Viktor Khryapa, Demetris Nichols, Daniel Gibson, DeSagana Diop, Geouwan Howard, Eddie Jones,Eduardo Najera, J.R. Smith, Primoz Brezec, Lindsey Hunter, Bonzi WellsSam Cassell, Paul Davis, Dan Dickau, Shaun Livingston, Trevor Ariza, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Rudy Gay, Michael Doleac, Ryan Gomes, Theo Ratliff, Chris Richard, Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair,Nenad Krstic, Jamaal Magloire, Carlos Arroyo, Maurice Evans, Adonal Foyle, Pat Garrity,Andre Iguodala, Kevin Ollie, Grant Hill Brent Barry, Francisco Elson, Michael Finley, Robert Horry, Jeremy Richardson, Mikael Gelabale, Robert Swift, Kurt Thomas, Delonte WestAndrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon, Carlos Delfino, Juan Dixon, Darrick Martin, Rasho Nesterovic,Antawn Jamison, Roger Mason<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I want antawn Jamison or okafor , ben Gordon,najera rudy gay ,kwame brown

Pricey

Rotation player
I would take any of Okafor, Gordon, Gay, Igudola, Bargnani, Calderon and Jamison.

1st one would be Calderon, the guy is a gun