29-33 Lastseason NO-Zach

Kiyaman

Legend
Why do FANS Booo chants of "FIRE-ISIAH" at MSG?

Lets start with 20/10 Zach Randolph.

Lastseason:
While we would still stink the fact is we were a .500 team in force feeding eddy and having Frye stand around like a useless piece of **** most of the time.

Now that Zach demands the ball, dominates the ball, plays big minutes? Lee, Balkman, Curry have all suffered.

While 1 player appears to have nice stats (Zach) three players saw their games turn into **** (lee, curry, balkman) all as a direct result of how Zach plays the game and how many minutes he plays.

Get the bum out of here.......so we can at least return to being that piece of garbage .500 team again.
Zach minutes and performance in New York has not change since he was in Portland, he made all his teammates performance regress, especially Super Star Brandon Roy in Portland. In New York Curry, Lee, and Balkman performance regress with Zach demanding a touch of the ball on practically every offensive possesion.
We Knick Fans were just realizing and accepting just having one player like that on the Knick roster in Guard "Marbury" (Marbury had Super-Star Amare, Marion, and Joe Johnson performance Regress).

Knicks Fans is mad as hell that we have TWO Players now that demand over 32 mpg at Guard & Foward (Marbury & Zach) this season that makes their teammates performance regress.

Lastseason after 50 Games we were close to the .500 mark, and we Fans knew why we were not over the .500 mark lastseason. The Curry & Frye Tandem did not work, the Marbury & Francis tandem did not work, the 30 mpg given to Jared Jefferies nonexisting performance did not work.
However, the energy and hustle that David Lee, Balkman, Nate, and Crawford put out lastseason alongside of Marbury, Curry, and the sometime Q.Richardson was enough to keep us close to the .500 record. Plus we seen the best replacement for Francis in Rookie Mardy Collins great decision-making at the point with a relentless defense that made up for any Rookie mistake (inwhich Fred Jones stole all of the preparation playingtime for PG-Mardy Collins this season).

Maybe that's why their is HATE for Zach Randolph and BOOSE of FIRE-ISIAH in MSG...

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
dude the knicks r 4 games out of a playoff spot and they won 5 of 7. Zach is playing great 5 of 6 games he has a double double

New New York

Quiet Storm
Why do FANS Booo chants of "FIRE-ISIAH" at MSG?

Lets start with 20/10 Zach Randolph.

Lastseason:
While we would still stink the fact is we were a .500 team in force feeding eddy and having Frye stand around like a useless piece of **** most of the time.

Now that Zach demands the ball, dominates the ball, plays big minutes? Lee, Balkman, Curry have all suffered.

While 1 player appears to have nice stats (Zach) three players saw their games turn into **** (lee, curry, balkman) all as a direct result of how Zach plays the game and how many minutes he plays.

Get the bum out of here.......so we can at least return to being that piece of garbage .500 team again.
Zach minutes and performance in New York has not change since he was in Portland, he made all his teammates performance regress, especially Super Star Brandon Roy in Portland. In New York Curry, Lee, and Balkman performance regress with Zach demanding a touch of the ball on practically every offensive possesion.
We Knick Fans were just realizing and accepting just having one player like that on the Knick roster in Guard "Marbury" (Marbury had Super-Star Amare, Marion, and Joe Johnson performance Regress).

Knicks Fans is mad as hell that we have TWO Players now that demand over 32 mpg at Guard & Foward (Marbury & Zach) this season that makes their teammates performance regress.

Lastseason after 50 Games we were close to the .500 mark, and we Fans knew why we were not over the .500 mark lastseason. The Curry & Frye Tandem did not work, the Marbury & Francis tandem did not work, the 30 mpg given to Jared Jefferies nonexisting performance did not work.
However, the energy and hustle that David Lee, Balkman, Nate, and Crawford put out lastseason alongside of Marbury, Curry, and the sometime Q.Richardson was enough to keep us close to the .500 record. Plus we seen the best replacement for Francis in Rookie Mardy Collins great decision-making at the point with a relentless defense that made up for any Rookie mistake (inwhich Fred Jones stole all of the preparation playingtime for PG-Mardy Collins this season).

Maybe that's why their is HATE for Zach Randolph and BOOSE of FIRE-ISIAH in MSG...

I see your points, I think? But we are just as many games out of the playoffs this year as we this time last year. Now true Lee and Balkman's minutes have suffered, but Zach brings things to the table they don't. I mean Lee is all hustle, but doesnt require all that much attention on D unless a shot goes up, the same could be said for Balkman. Zach was the difference maker in last night win, and Lee was able to get his minutes and make an impact as well. I think when you add a player like Zach to any team there is going to be an initial step back. AI and Carmelo had to adjust last season, like Eddy and Zach have to. I know what your thinking (pause) I know Zach and Eddy arent Carmelo and AI, but all four of them are players who like to have the ball in their hands is the reason for the comparison. So as much as we may not want to hear this, it may take until next season for this thing to work, if it is going to work at all. But it is a bit much to expect an instant impact. with all that said, you can see that they are trying to make it work. I personally thought that both of their stats would take a dip as far as scoring, but Zach is rebounding the way he needs to and is shot selection has improved somewhat. But we all know there is still much room for improvement.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think you need to stop making Zach Randolph a scapegoat for Curry,Balkman,and David Lee.First of all, David Lee has been playing great all season.Second, Balkman plays small forward, so he has no competition with Randolph for minutes.The only thing stopping him from getting minutes is Isiah Thomas' stupidity.Third, the only reason Curry is struggling is because the only thing he knows how to do is post up, and since other teams are starting to notice that, they've been doubling him.And since he doesn't know how to pass the ball, he either loses it, or tries to force a shot in.Curry's struggles have nothing to do with Randolph.They have everything to do with his poor conditioning and lack of a passing ability.Say what you want about Randolph, but he has proven that he can be a team player, when he wants to be, like last night.Curry never plays team basketball, cause he can't;he has no passing ability.Also, I'd take Randolph any day over Curry.The main problem with Zach is his poor team play and defense.Curry's main weaknesses are free throw shooting,defense,rebounding,leadership ability,passing ability,conditioning,mentality.Looks like to me there's a lot more to fix with Curry than Randolph.The thing I'm especially getting tired with is people saying Randolph is hurting Curry, cause it's the furthest thing from the truth.When you're a 1 dimensional player, like Curry, and on top of that you weigh 285, I think that's what makes a player struggle more than anything.If you noticed,Randolph's numbers went down,too.They wouldn't have gone down, unless he was trying to make things work with Curry.Curry is just too out of shape to do anything,and it's his fault.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
dude the knicks r 4 games out of a playoff spot and they won 5 of 7. Zach is playing great 5 of 6 games he has a double double

We're not making the playoffs, don't even think about if; if you do put your hand in a hot ass oven and keep it there till you come back to reality.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think you need to stop making Zach Randolph a scapegoat for Curry,Balkman,and David Lee.First of all, David Lee has been playing great all season.Second, Balkman plays small forward, so he has no competition with Randolph for minutes.The only thing stopping him from getting minutes is Isiah Thomas' stupidity.Third, the only reason Curry is struggling is because the only thing he knows how to do is post up, and since other teams are starting to notice that, they've been doubling him.And since he doesn't know how to pass the ball, he either loses it, or tries to force a shot in.Curry's struggles have nothing to do with Randolph.They have everything to do with his poor conditioning and lack of a passing ability.Say what you want about Randolph, but he has proven that he can be a team player, when he wants to be, like last night.Curry never plays team basketball, cause he can't;he has no passing ability.Also, I'd take Randolph any day over Curry.The main problem with Zach is his poor team play and defense.Curry's main weaknesses are free throw shooting,defense,rebounding,leadership ability,passing ability,conditioning,mentality.Looks like to me there's a lot more to fix with Curry than Randolph.The thing I'm especially getting tired with is people saying Randolph is hurting Curry, cause it's the furthest thing from the truth.When you're a 1 dimensional player, like Curry, and on top of that you weigh 285, I think that's what makes a player struggle more than anything.If you noticed,Randolph's numbers went down,too.They wouldn't have gone down, unless he was trying to make things work with Curry.Curry is just too out of shape to do anything,and it's his fault.

I can't agree with much of this.

Your anaylsis of Curry's skill set is correct, but after that you go astray. We all agree that Curry is limited and can only score around the basket. However, that was true last year AND he was scoring over 20 PPG for an extended period of time DESPITE BEING DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMED the second half of the season.

If you adjust Curry's numbers this year for minutes, his performance is NOT that far off last years. He is getting fewer minutes for several reasons, but one of them is definitely Randolph. The addition of Randolph makes it harder to get minutes for Lee because Randolph gets more minutes than Frye. So some of Lee's minutes are coming out of Curry. Many of us expected that when the trade was made (I know I did).

Second, much of the remaining decline in Curry's numbers this year have to do with touches and shots per minute. Randolph DEFINITELY takes more shots per minute than Frye did and he specifically takes some of them in the post where Curry needs the ball. There are a limited number of shots per game. If one player is taking more, then at least one other player has to take less. Curry is taking fewer shots per minute in addition to playing fewer minutes because of Zach's shooting.

Third, another cause of Curry's decline is that QRICH has been pathetic this year. He has been so pathetic is has been much easier to double and triple Curry (and Zach for that matter) because there has been no one on the outside that could hit a jumper with any degree of consistency (at least until very recently when Robinson and Crawford heated up a bit).

The final reason for Curry decline is his own doing. Isiah finally realized how much he was slowing down the team and hurting defensively when he was on the floor with Zach. So he had to make a choice about which one to bench. He has chosen to reduce Curry's role more.

I'm not blaming any of this on Randolph. It's just a mathematical certainty that there are limited number of shots and minutes in a game. If for example the Knicks got James, it's a certainty that someone's shots and minutes would have to go down to make room for him.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Lee and Curry played quite well alongside each other last year.
In fact the Lee/Curry tandem coincided with Curry's run of 20+ point games last season. In the 8 games where Lee started at PF and Curry started at C, Lee averaged 12.9ppg 9.3rpg and Curry averaged 26.6ppg 9.6rpg 1bpg. The team went 3-5. The team would also go 3-1 when Lee started at SF with Frye and Curry up front.

Lee may lack a consistent jumper but in terms of getting the best out of Curry, it's better pairing Curry with a "hustle guy" who doesn't need to score versus a guy like Randolph who commands shots.

Recalling the injuries lastseason to Q.Rich, then Lee, and then Crawford, giving the team a 33-49 season record. Trading for Zach Randolph in June gave Isiah an advantage in the early offseason to have Curry, Zach, Q.Rich, Crawford, Marbury, and Lee, in a Gym together in July. Why wait untill September to do this.
In September and early October the Knick oposition took advantage of the Curry & Zach tandem with some blow-outs that showed the tandems biggest weakness to the team. That was time to change the Starting Lineup and the rotation.
Zach & Q.Rich should've been taking out of the Starting Lineup before November and paired to come off the bench together.

Kiyaman

Legend
After the Warriors & Lakers Game Zach evaluation

After the Warriors & Lakers Game vs the Knicks the evaluation of Zach Randolph playingtime is not worth his scoring and rebounding.

How much playingtime does Zach Randolph average as a Knick?
The Knicks become a defenseless team where oponents could get on a layup line and score easy on the Knicks when Zach Randolph is in the game. We all know Curry defects on defense however, Zach Randolph is 10 times worst than Curry on defense that is why we had so many BLOW-OUTS early in the season.

I'm waiting quietly to see shot-blocking 6.11 Rookie Randolph Morris get some meaningful playingtime alongside of Curry and Zach to see which one his defensive rebounding game help the team the most in holding the lead.

So far my VOTE will be Rookie Randolph Defensive Presence alongside of Curry, or Lee, or Balkman will give Knick Oponents just one shot before the rookie crash the boards to get the rebound or bumb an oponent so Curry, Lee, or Balkman can get the rebound. Sorry Zach-Fans, but Frye is paying off to be the better player than Zach alongside of teammates Aldridge, Outlaw, B.Roy, Balkman, Lee, and even Curry.