• Renaldo Balkmen "Plastic Man"

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Isiah "Zeke" Thomas

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GetRealistic

Starter
Wades coming off a serious knee and shoulder injury. He for all accounts shouldn't even be playing. The guy one a championship, and before Shaq arrived he led a young Heat squad to the playoffs and a first round victory.

You cant judge Wade on how hes playing right now, although he's a warrior and is playing hurt unlike another player i know. When he's healthy he's a top 10 player. Not even a question about.

MSG please tell me your joking. Marbury > Baron Davis? Come on man, theres being a fan of a player and then theres being stupid. Your Mr. Stat right.

This season

Marbury
PPG 13.9
RPG 2.5
APG 4.7
SPG 0.9
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.419
FT% 0.716
3P% 0.378
MPG 33.5

Davis
PPG 22.3
RPG 4.8
APG 8.1
SPG 2.5
BPG 0.6
FG% 0.426
FT% 0.740
3P% 0.348
MPG 39.3

Oh yeah Baron has won in the playoffs. With both Golden State and Charlotte, and lets face it those Charlotte teams had very little talent.

Pricey

Rotation player
lol u cant bring up Davis vs Marbury on this season. Marbury has missed most of it and played injured the rest of it.

Wade shouldnt be playing, ur right. Even still when he isnt injured, he turns the ball over a lot. Gun player though.

GetRealistic

Starter
Far enough we won't count this season

Last year

Marbury

Davis

05-06
Davis

05-06
Marbury

Pricey

Rotation player
cool.

I agree Davis in the last couple seasons has been better then Steph. Steph has still been good but. Both quality but Davis is a gun

GetRealistic

Starter
Oh yea. November 20th of this season.

Warriors 108 Knicks 82

Marbury- 38 min 18 points 5 assists
Davis- 39 min 31 points 7 assists

Pricey

Rotation player
sweet as, found the Knicks on Sportsfan on Facebook.

Like i said, Davis has been better the last few seasons

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Wades coming off a serious knee and shoulder injury. He for all accounts shouldn't even be playing. The guy one a championship, and before Shaq arrived he led a young Heat squad to the playoffs and a first round victory.

You cant judge Wade on how hes playing right now, although he's a warrior and is playing hurt unlike another player i know. When he's healthy he's a top 10 player. Not even a question about.

MSG please tell me your joking. Marbury > Baron Davis? Come on man, theres being a fan of a player and then theres being stupid. Your Mr. Stat right.

This season

Marbury
PPG 13.9
RPG 2.5
APG 4.7
SPG 0.9
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.419
FT% 0.716
3P% 0.378
MPG 33.5

Davis
PPG 22.3
RPG 4.8
APG 8.1
SPG 2.5
BPG 0.6
FG% 0.426
FT% 0.740
3P% 0.348
MPG 39.3

Oh yeah Baron has won in the playoffs. With both Golden State and Charlotte, and lets face it those Charlotte teams had very little talent.

The Official MSG33 Deboe

Stephon-Marbury-Photograph-C12544369.jpeg

act_sebastian_telfair.jpg

The Victem: Get Realistic

asshole_award2.JPG

You know thats unfair to compare their numbers from this season. Ive been through this arguement a couple times already but here we go again. Baron Davis's shooting percentages are poor and he plays no defense.

Baron Davis

03-04=39.5fg%,32.1 3P%
04-05=36.6%,32.1% 3P%(with NOH)
04-05=40.1fg%,34.1 3P%(With GSW)
05-06=38.9fg%,31.5 3P%
06-07=43.9fg%,30.4 3P%
07-08=42.6fg%,34.8 3P%

Your Mr. Stat right.

Im not Done

ON Marburys career he shoots 43.4%. I only see one season higher then that on Baron Davis's stats back to 2003.

Baron Davis also is a chucker as I proved Crawford to be earlier this evening.

Baron Davis-7.7field goals made, 18.9 field goals attempted per game

Your Mr. Stat right.

Baron Davis-2.2 3pt made, 6.4 3pt attempts per game

Ugly numbers, lets compare the fg%'s of Starbury and B Davis.

(This season)
Marbury-41.9fg%,37.8 3P%
Davis-42.6fg%,34.8 3P%

I would take Marbury having the 3% better 3pt percentage. And look at all the things that effected Marbury this season. Barons fg% is only .7% better then Starburys.

Marbury takes 11 shots per game. He has sacraficed his offense for the team. With these percentages he shouldve been given more freedom on offense. You dont see Crawford shooting as good as Marbury and thats what hes suppose to be good at being a shooting guard. You want a shooting guard who can shoot good. You cant try to argue that his shooting percentages would have risen if it wasnt for Isiah/family problems/injury.

Marbury had every right to be pissed about gettin benched. His shooting percentages were higher then Crawfords and he wasnt any worse defensively. Crawford got off to a terrible start. He finally started shootin somewhat better this month but we still seein the inconsistency. You cant compare Marbury and Crawford. Crawford has played more regular season games then any other player without ever playing in a playoff game. Marbury has played in 18 playoff games.

Your Mr. Stat right.

Yea Im Mr Stat. thats what you can call me from now on.

The 2nd Round KO

GetRealistic

Starter
lol your stats showed nothing. Eddy Curry shoots a high FG % who cares.

How about the all important playoff series won stat?

metrocard

Legend
You're obviously have a very poor assessment of Marbury's "talent". I'm guessing because you think Davis can dunk and Marbury doesn't means he's more "talented".

Here is what you're wrong about.

Davis gets more steals, but Marbury is a more capable man to man defender.

Davis isn't Kidd or Lebron, the last time he average 5 rebounds was his sophomore year in 2000. He has only had 5-6 triple doubles in his NBA career, check the stats and do your homework next time. I'm not here for your opinion or hate on Marbury, I'm here the facts. I'm not going sit here and say "Marbury equals Davis in my opinion", no, I'm going to post facts that back up that statement. Fuck your opinion and fuck my opinion.

Stop stop stop, you're saying "far" too much to stretch your point that isn't even valid. Marbury at his prime was one of the most explosive players at his position, this was known. Marbury DID IT in more games; where as Baron was limited with poor conditioning(there was a point he was pretty much the fattest PG in the NBA and was the worst PG in the NBA at keeping his body healthy; I'll break that down later in my post).

Lets look at the facts of history.

Baron Davis's season high in points per game 03-04
22.9 ppg
39% Jamal Crawfordish FG%
32% 3PT
582 3pt shots attempted

67% Free Throw %
352 free throw attempts%
in 40 minutes
on 3.2 turnovers.

Stephon Marbury's season high in points per game 00-01
23.9 ppg
44%FG
33%3pt
79% FT
458 Free throw attempts in 67 games
in 38 minutes
in 2.9 turnovers

The things I bolded signify nothing "explosive" for Baron Davis and stats that prove the fact that Marbury is a penetrator. Marbury had more points, more free throw attempts, less turnovers, and less minutes, and most importantly shooting better from everywhere in the court.

Baron Davis has been a CHUCKER for most of his career. 582 3pt shots attempted is absolutely pathetic along with a 39% FG doing his Jamal Crawford imitation, and your arguement has no base anymore; it shows that you don't know who Baron Davis is. In the last 3 seasons, Davis has attempted 7.1 three point shots per game and only making 32% of them. You can't deny he's a chucker.

Davis could of been a more explosive PG than Marbury but he falls in love with his inaccurate 3pt shot (32% career 3pt shooter) and has put his teams in bad position by chucking them out of games. Marbury is by "far" the superior penatrator, superior in getting to the free throw line and a superior shooter. I rather have Stephon at his prime control the offense than I have some 39% FG and 32% 3pt guy taking 600 three's and only 300 FT attempts along with over 3 turnovers. It really makes no sense to me or anyone in this forum how you could even think Davis is or was a more explosive scorer than Marbury. I'm guessing you think dunk = explosive, kiddy logic.

It makes great sense that durability has to do apart with your talent. You're not born with talent, you develop on throughout your career and IMPROVE. Davis hasn't been consistent in his career because he can't display his talent from being injury prone and not healthy or well conditioned. Thats his fault, like how its Eddy Curry's fault for not fulfing his talent.

Baron Davis haven't played 82 games 2001-02, and he only done that twice as a starter in his career.

Give me a 20 and 8 guy who plays more games and gives more production than an injury prone 17 and 7 guy who gives insufficient production and misses a whole lot of games.

Marbury has had a better career than Baron Davis, no question; but I'm giving Baron Davis credit because he is very talented could of been the best PG in the NBA if he had better conditioning throughout his career. This is his downfall and what set him back a couple of steps.

It takes a lot of work, talent and skill to have a steady consistent and rare special career Marbury has had and the numbers he puts up. 20 and 8 is too good to deny; taking credit from Marbury's talent tags the word ignorant on your head for being a bias hater instead of mutually understanding both men's equality of talent.

You don't know any GM's in the NBA, give me something that could convince me because your opinion won't do a thing except look for more things to correct. Its laughable that you feel your opinion that a bunch of GM's would choose Davis > Marbury at 25 is really random and the most comical thing said by anyone in this thread. Its like a reach, if this was boxing you would of been hit hard with a right cross for reaching and missing. But I'm going for the TKO, so lets compare the two when they were 25.

I believe Davis was 25 in 03-04(his career high season, if you wanna take the season before that his numbers were inferior)
22.9 ppg
39% FG
32% 3PT
582 3pt shots attempted
67% Free Throw %
352 free throw attempts%
in 40 minutes
on 3.2 turnovers.

Marbury's career high season in PPG was also 25, thanks for making this easy for me.

23.9 ppg
44%FG
33%3pt
79% FT
458 Free throw attempts in 67 games
in 38 minutes
in 2.9 turnovers

Basically Marbury has the advantage in everything, get mad if you want but the facts are the facts. Marbury was a better PG and more efficient player at 25 and for most of his career than Baron Davis, fact.

Stop making excuses for Davis, he has the worst shot selection for a NBA PG when he was playing for the Hornets and was a cancer and the Antonie Walker for that team for a while. Whats the point of having a post up game if you don't use it? Davis takes 7.1 3pt shots a game, excellent impression of Walker/Crawford.

One of the most athletic PG's in the NBA when he was healthy.

Obviously GetRealstic doesn't know how to read; no wonder why everyone reads over his post and he bitches all the time about not getting attention and complaining about others posting quality post...lol, what a litlte bitch.

The quote really ends the debate.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
marbury is much more talented than baron davis but does he play like it?? No, i wish marbury was more like baron davis, always on attack mode, stephon has tried this being a "PG" thing since the larrry brown year, stephon marbury is not a PG and has no qualities of a PG, marbury is most affective when scoring, and dont bring up "Oh but he average 8++ assists", most of the time stephon assists come off pick and rolls with players like kurt thomas and channing frye, stephon has been in da league for 11 years now and i never seen stephon make any player better......how bout this stat for ya stephon marbury lovers, stephon has 10++ assists ONCE the last two seasons while jamal who ya love to hate on and is not even a PG got Three

metrocard

Legend
marbury is much more talented than baron davis but does he play like it?? No, i wish marbury was more like baron davis, always on attack mode, stephon has tried this being a "PG" thing since the larrry brown year, stephon marbury is not a PG and has no qualities of a PG, marbury is most affective when scoring, and dont bring up "Oh but he average 8++ assists", most of the time stephon assists come off pick and rolls with players like kurt thomas and channing frye, stephon has been in da league for 11 years now and i never seen stephon make any player better......how bout this stat for ya stephon marbury lovers, stephon has 10++ assists ONCE the last two seasons while jamal who ya love to hate on and is not even a PG got Three

595disappointed3if8py3od9.jpg

Stop smoking crack.

Marbury and Davis have equal talent.

Baron is always on chuck mode, not attack mode.

Stop crying about Marbury all the time. "I wish Marbury was a pure PG, I wish Marbury was on attack mode". You and the other geniuses continue to contradict yourselves.

Whats wrong with running effective pick and roll plays? Atleast Marbury knows how to utilize the pick and roll, its a very important skill as a PG, you're just credited Marbury.

Under which PG did Curry and Crawford average career highs? Marbury.

You can't make a player BETTER, that literally doesn't make sense unless that play is training, and practicing on weaknesses everyday. But on the court, you just don't BECOME better. Thats really ignorant to come up with, especially consider @ the NBA level. Marbury allows Crawford and Curry to get their shots; isolation plays. Marbury followed Isiah's concept of "let Crawford and Curry run the show". When Marbury ran the show, we made the playoffs, when Crawford and Curry came, we missed the playoffs. Thats good enough considering Crawford and Curry are extremely one dimensional.

So what aren't you understanding? You have such an invalid perception on Marbury its as ignorant as trying to come up with an argument that everything isn't Isiah's fault. Just STOP it already, accept the mutual facts that everyone can agree to. Marbury is an EXCELLENT PG at his prime, but right now he isn't a factor or a solution but indeed isn't a problem on the court.

10 assist is just a number, you can't be stupid enough to think Crawford is a better passer than Marbury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/alltime/leaders?cat=assists

All-Time Leaders - Assists

Marbury is ranked 17th ALL time and his career isn't over. you fool...no body won't remember Crawford's career when its over.