Why don't we see more of Balkman?

Kiyaman

Legend
This is Isiah Thomas Team with Isiah Thomas methods.

Let me clear this up for you, Balkman being BENCHED for over 33 games this season for ONE BIGG reason: "SAVING-FACE"

Q.Richardson is earning $8.1 Million this season, and Jared Jefferies is earning $5.6 Million this season.

Compared to SF-Balkman's $1 million and SF-Wilson Chandler $1 million.
So when you make small change like $1 million dollars a season you dont come in with an $8 or $5 Million a season player attitude complaining about what's up with my playingtime over those BUMS to Save-Face Isiah Thomas.

David Lee dont even make a FULL $1 million dollars this season.... lucky he became a FAN-FAVORITE, because he is the best complimentary player to each of his Knick Teammates.
As for teams learning his moves is a joke, he is ambidextrous that plays off the ball. With Curry he have to play the defensive paint, with Zach he have to play the offensive paint.

Nate Robinson had to learn the hard way on Isiah Thomas Team.
Nate makes $1 million a season, yet if your NBA Game is not up to par Nate Robinson will call it as he sees it, since his rookie Preseason when he called Jerome James a BIGMAN-BUM has been the only thing that changed in Nate Robinson Talent and Skillz is his mouth to under-achieve players.

Nate Robinson Rookie season deserved just as much playingtime as Chris Paul, Felton, and Deron Williams whom all had 60% more playingtime than Nate Robinson in his Rookie year. And 70% more playingtime than Nate his second season. Why?
Marbury earned $17 Million, Francis earned $15 Million, and Crawford earned $7 Million.
But it was always Nate Robinson whom lead the charge when the Knicks were behind by 25, 15, or 12 points to come within 5 to 2 points.
This made Marbury, Francis, Crawford, and Q.Richardson look real bad so they put an "Immature" logo on Nate to bench him all of lastseason and 30 games this season.

This Knick Team need to play team players that co-exist together which happen to be the majority of all of their $1 million per year contract players whom will apply hard energy effort for a BIGGER payday when their contract expire for WINS not stats.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
We don't see Balkman in the strating lineup,cause Isiah Thomas is scared that if he plays the younger guys, the Knicks will finish with a losing record, and he might get fired.But what he fails to realize is that the Knicks got their 14-29 record, by Isiah using the same starting lineup for most of the season.His lineup isn't working, but he refuses to make any changes.The Knicks are currently playing well, so he should keep the lineup as is.But he should bench people that don't play defense, and change his lineup, if he isn't getting effort from the current starting 5.

GetRealistic

Starter
Balkman doesnt get more mintues because he has zero offensive game. He can't hit a jump shot. It's that simple. Isiah drafted Balkman, so Balkman playing a ton of minutes and succeeding would help Isiah save face. So save that lame arguement.

Pricey

Rotation player
i thought Balkman was pretty good against the Warriors til he got benched.
He may not be the best shooter but makes up for it with his D.
I hope just cause he hasnt got a jump shot is the reason why he is sitting on the pine cause there r a few blokes playing that dont have that either.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How bout cuttin back the minutes of Crawford, Z-Bo, Curry, and Q-Rich? I think 30 minutes is enough for all these players. Nate, Lee, and Balkman should get a good amount of playin time on the court with each other. I can see if the first 4 players listed are playin well but theres alot of nights where Crawfords shot is off, Currys non-existant on both ends, and same goes for Q-Rich. One thing I'll say about Z-Bo is at least he rebounds but when hes strugglin Isiah should cut his minutes back. Its all about the Big 3:Nate, Lee, and Balkman.

GetRealistic

Starter
He played 28 minutes guys. Thats over half the game. He played more then Nate, Curry and Lee. You act like he got benched. 28 minutes off the bench is a pretty substantial night.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Balkman game sums up the Knicks problems. Too many one dimensional players. If this were the NFL we would be Super Bowl contenders! But in the NBA there is no offense and defensive rotations, the players on the floor need to be able get it done on both sides of the ball. The Knicks have some of the best scorers in the League, Zach, Eddy, Jamal, and Nate, but none of these players are defenders. We have good defenders like Balkman and Jefferies, but they can't create there own shots. I love Balkman's heart and hustle, he is an underated ball handler, but in an offense with two players that demand Double Teams, he is a player you can sag way off of. He's also a below 50% free throw shooter, which nulifies the bonus situations Zach and Eddy get us into. But I think Balkman is a worker, so I think he will take the neccessary steps to improve his offense, and if he gets to where he's even a decent offensive player, then he'll be starter worthy.

GetRealistic

Starter
Sidenote. Love him or hate him in todays NBA Crawfords contract isn't that awful of a contract. He makes a lot of money but comparitively speaking its not to awful. He does led the team in minutes and points.

metrocard

Legend
I believe a lot of guys in the NBA would be producing what Crawford is producing but more efficiently, especially with the minutes and freedom Crawford gets.

Overpaid loser.

Balkman is glue to winning, we need guys like him, Artest, Lee, Garcia to be part of this core; all I hope for is a trade with the Kings. Garcia and Artest really intrigue, especially since they're my favorite guys in the league, gotta love their defense.

Everyone in the NBA is trying to win with offense, we need to look in the future and build an extremely strong defense team. Offense is harder to teach than defense, so I don't even want to know why Crawford and Curry are so bad defensively, even after all their experience in the league, really adds to how pathetic the duo are.

Randolph is just a bitch and a player I never wanted, he's holding back Lee's progressing and plays as a one man team; I hope everyone foresaw what I saw coming when Isiah traded for another teams garbage.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I believe a lot of guys in the NBA would be producing what Crawford is producing but more efficiently, especially with the minutes and freedom Crawford gets.

Overpaid loser.

Balkman is glue to winning, we need guys like him, Artest, Lee, Garcia to be part of this core; all I hope for is a trade with the Kings. Garcia and Artest really intrigue, especially since they're my favorite guys in the league, gotta love their defense.

Everyone in the NBA is trying to win with offense, we need to look in the future and build an extremely strong defense team. Offense is harder to teach than defense, so I don't even want to know why Crawford and Curry are so bad defensively, even after all their experience in the league, really adds to how pathetic the duo are.

Randolph is just a bitch and a player I never wanted, he's holding back Lee's progressing and plays as a one man team; I hope everyone foresaw what I saw coming when Isiah traded for another teams garbage.
You're absolutely right.There are guys who can score as much as
Jamal Crawford,but more efficiently,given the minutes.I don't think Crawford is useless, but Isiah needs to shorten his minutes to 30 per game, and he needs to have him with a good defender in the backcourt at all times.Also, I agree that Isiah has been trading for other team's garbage.The guys on our team, for the most part are one dimensional.They are good enough to be role players for a team, but if you put them together, you have a team full of role players,and you need stars and leadership,too.We have so many players that can score, but can't defend, or can't score, but can defend.We need guys who can do some of everything, or at least some of a lot of things.Also, Zach is extremely selfish.He needs to realize that games aren't won by one person getting 20 and 10.Games are won as a team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Crawford is no All Star, nor Franchise Player, but he is having a good season. I still hate his shot selection at times, but it has improved somewhat, and he is playing like the teams leader. Now the handing the team over to him isnt just another bad Isiah Thomas move, remember Larry Brown did the same thing. Ok so that may not being saying much....but the fact that Cleavlend wants/wanted him is saying a whole lot. Any deal that is made by The Cavs has to have the ok from LBJ, and although it was just a trade proposition from The Cavs to The Knicks, you have to beleive they had reason to think Lebron would be in favor of such a move. I still have my reservations about Crawford, he's put together too many good games in a row and I'm just waiting for a string of 3 for 17 shooting nights, but give credit where it is due, he is having a overall good season.

Toons

is the Bo$$
reduce his minutes to 30 and put who in his place? you guys are nuts....give fred jones more minutes? or mardy collins? thats ur answer for more productivity at the 2 spot? nuts i say.....yeah, other guys ON OTHER TEAMS may be more productive with more time, but we dont have the option for players from other teams to come and join us for a few nights......lol.....we have to work with what we have...and for what we have, no one, i repeat NO ONE, plays the 2 spot better than j.craw on the knicks....fuck curry....randolph is an upgrade from frye no matter what u say....lee deserves more minutes...balkman should start over q.rich and wht does morris and chandler do? we have seen them against inferior talent in summer league....isiah sees something in practise that has them on the bench.....they should be in the d-league...we should have kept d. knickols....isiah is an ass for letting him go....crawford...point...d nick....2....balkman...lee....curry

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
balkman deserves more minutes becos he gives it his all when hes on the court. Hes shouldnt start becos hes just not good enuff. He has no jump shot at all. We r desperatly in need of a solid SF. Artest spring to mind! having him and balkman as our 2 SFs give us hustle, heart and solid D.

As for crawford, i think hes having a gd season. he is our top scorer and brings some leadership to the court. Unlike marbury hes got heart. unlike marbury he always give it all.

Anyone else think chandler needs more mins?

Kiyaman

Legend
Balkman doesnt get more mintues because he has zero offensive game. He can't hit a jump shot. It's that simple. Isiah drafted Balkman, so Balkman playing a ton of minutes and succeeding would help Isiah save face. So save that lame arguement.

He played 28 minutes guys. Thats over half the game. He played more then Nate, Curry and Lee. You act like he got benched. 28 minutes off the bench is a pretty substantial night.

Balkman plays off the BALL, when his teammates other than Nate and Lee learn to pass the ball to Balkman while Balkman is moving than you will see how great his offense can be.

This Knick-Team has become a STANDSTILL Team! they pass the ball while standing-still, they catch the ball while standing-still. And you wonder why they have so many turnovers, or get Blown-Out, or have a record of 14-29.
You hav'nt been WATCHING Marbury, Crawford, Q.Richardson, Zach, and Randolph the slowest and WORST Starting-5 Unit in the league whom seem each one dont have any Court Awareness.

Renaldo Balkman was BENCHED with "DNP" for 33 games this season. His first game having over 15 minutes of playingtime this season was the Golden State game. Balkman, Collins, and Nate have the right to be rusty, sloppy, an unaware of the change in this team new method of playing. They used to have to force feed Curry and watch Marbury turn into Starbury for the loss.

Wilson Chandler is a born scorer that plays relentless DEFENSE how long will it be before you see him averaging 20 mpg on this Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" Team?

You want some dominating Paint Defense and some consistent Rebounding that Runs the floor with the best of them look down the end of the bench at 6.11 Randolph Morris.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
these are free agents for next year who you think the knicks need

Josh Childress, James Posey ,Rayon Rondo,Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Viktor Khryapa, Demetris Nichols, Daniel Gibson, DeSagana Diop, Geouwan Howard, Eddie Jones,Eduardo Najera, J.R. Smith, Primoz Brezec, Lindsey Hunter, Bonzi WellsSam Cassell, Paul Davis, Dan Dickau, Shaun Livingston, Trevor Ariza, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Rudy Gay, Michael Doleac, Ryan Gomes, Theo Ratliff, Chris Richard, Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair,Nenad Krstic, Jamaal Magloire, Carlos Arroyo, Maurice Evans, Adonal Foyle, Pat Garrity,Andre Iguodala, Kevin Ollie, Grant Hill Brent Barry, Francisco Elson, Michael Finley, Robert Horry, Jeremy Richardson, Mikael Gelabale, Robert Swift, Kurt Thomas, Delonte WestAndrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon, Carlos Delfino, Juan Dixon, Darrick Martin, Rasho Nesterovic,Antawn Jamison, Roger Mason<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I want antawn Jamison or okafor , ben Gordon,najera rudy gay ,kwame brown