Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwight Howard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stephon Marbury

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks(14-29) vs The Los Angeles Lakers(27-15)
Tues. 1/29 at 10:30pm ET on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and were here to take a look at Tuesday nights matchup. The Lakers have lost 3 straight games. They are in 6th place in the Western Conference one game behind the Spurs. The Lakers are not playing as well without Andrew Bynum but they still have been competitive. The Knicks have won 5 out of their last 10 games. They showed some heart against Golden State but were unable to come away with the win. Andris Biedrins grabbed 26 rebounds and the Knicks could not stop Monta Ellis.

STARTING LINEUPS

THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS

pg-Derek Fisher
sg-Kobe Bryant
sf-Luke Walton
pf-Lamar Odom
C-Kwame Brown

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SHOOTING GUARD FRED JONES
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER EDDY CURRY

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Kwame Brown vs Eddy Curry

kwamebrownhurthand_ip22u9kn.jpg

eddy.curry.jpg

donutbattle_krispy%20kreme%2012.jpg

I would rather have Kwame Brown then Eddy Curry but E-City should be able to power his way to the hoop down low. Kwame Brown does not have the strength to defend Curry in the low post. What I like more about Brown is that hes a better defender and rebounder then Curry. If Eddy does what he knows how to do he will be able to score at will against the Lakers. Hopefully he doesnt allow someone to dunk on him like last time:

Eddy Curry Last 5 Games:

24mpg
14ppg
4.6rpg
55fg%
1.8topg

Let me be the first to say these numbers are sad. How many players would love to be built to dominate like Eddy Curry? His points are almost half of what they should be and his rebounds are 1/3 of what they should be. Curry is blessed with the size and athletic ability of a top 15 player but he has the softness of a WNBA player, a cowards mentality, and conditioning thats comparible with Vin Baker and Shawn Kemp (Rite now, not in their primes).

Kwame Brown, the former #1 pick has not lived up to the hype. Thats an understatement but lets look at how hes done the last 5 games:

25mpg
7.4ppg
50fg%
6.8rpg
2TO

What a crappy key matchup. What else am I suppose to do, continue to go back and forth with Crawford and Randolph? You cant really have a key matchup with Fred Jones and Q-Rich. Both of them statistically make small impacts. Crawford and Z-Bo are the only players that put up some stats, good or bad.

Next time my key matchup will be the waterboy vs time. Will the waterboy be able to get every player water before the time out becomes time up?

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Study tapes of Bruce Bowen, try to injure Kobe Bryant
  • Defense!!!! We just played the second best team offensively; Now its time to play the 3rd Best......Lakers-107ppg
  • Lakers=3rd best rebounding team......44.9rpg.....Box Out!!!
  • Change Offensive Gameplan!!!!! Knicks vs Lakers 12/23: 39.5fg%, 15.8%3P
Eastern Conference Standings

1. Celtics(34-8)
  2. Pistons(31-13)-4GB
  3. Magic(28-18)-8GB
  4. Cavs(24-19)-10.5GB
  5. Raptors(24-19)10.5GB
  6. Wizards(23-19)11GB
  7. Hawks(18-22)15GB
  8. Pacers(19-26)16.5GB
  9. Nets(18-26)17GB
  10. Bucks(18-27)17.5GB
  11. Bulls(17-26)17.5GB
  12. Bobcats(17-27)18GB
  13. 76ers(17-28)18.5GB
  14. Knicks(14-29)20.5GB
  15. Heat(9-33)25GB
The Eastern Conference still sucks. Only 6 teams with winning records. The Western Conference has 10 teams with winning records.

The Official Playoff Race: Knicks are 4 games out

A New Part of the Game Thread, Jazzy Jeff is introducing for the 1st time month by month statistics which will be updated for every game. Lets compare numbers from the first 3 months of the NBA season.

November(5-11):Opponents Points per game=101.5
93.1ppg,43.4rpg,17apg,42.9fg%,32.2%3P,70.2FT%,6.9spg,3.2bpg

December(3-11):Opponents Points per game=102.6
94.6ppg,41.3rpg,16.4apg,42.6fg%,33.1%3P,70.7FT%,6.7spg,1.5bpg

January(6-7):Opponents Points per game=97.2
95.5ppg,39.8rpg,20.8apg,46.3fg%,34.6%3P,73.3FT%,5.2spg,1.8bpg

Lakers Top 3 Point shooters
  1. Derek Fisher-43.1%
  2. Jordan Farmar-40.6%
  3. Vladimir Radmanovic-39.2%
  4. Sasha Vujacic-38.6%
  5. Luke Walton-38%
  6. Kobe Bryant-34.9%
  7. Trevor Ariza-33%

*Trevor Ariza is not listed on the injured list but I believe hes injured. He hasnt played since Jan. 17 after fracturing a bone in his right foot during practice

The Knicks will have their hands full with one of the best players in the league, Kobe Bryant. Back about a month ago Kobe went off for 39 points on 50% shooting. He was the only player to give the Knicks problems, the 2nd leading scorer was Andrew Bynum who had 13 points but as already mentioned he wont be playing. Odom was 3rd with 9 points.

If the Knicks can hold down the rest of the team like they did last time they will give themselves a good chance to win. Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford provided most of the offense for the Knicks last time. The Lakers held the Knicks to only 3 3-pointers in the game. Crawford (31 points) shot 44% but Nate who finished with 16 points only shot 33%.

Throwback HipHop Video of the Day:

Artist:Noreaga
Title:Married to Marijuana
Album: ?
Year: ?

That does it for my pregame show. I thank everyone for joining me and remember to tune in late Tuesday night to catch the Knicks and Lakers.

Pricey

Rotation player
"What a crappy key matchup. What else am I suppose to do, continue to go back and forth with Crawford and Randolph? You cant really have a key matchup with Fred Jones and Q-Rich. Both of them statistically make small impacts. Crawford and Z-Bo are the only players that put up some stats, good or bad"

bahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!

I love it, another great thread.

I will say this, if Bryant gets held to around 30pts we r in this

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If the Knicks are going to win this game, then Zach Randolph,David Lee,and Eddy Curry MUST take it to Kwame Brown and Lamar Odom.Andrew Bynum is out, so the Knicks have to exploit their frontcourt weakness.Kwame Brown is not a shotblocker and Lamar Odom is not nearly as fat and out of shape as Z-Bo(Randolph 265lbs Odom 230).The Knicks needs to force it into Curry, Lee, and Randolph.If the Knicks' front court can dominate the Laker's front court, we will most likely win, cause Kobe can't overcome Crawford and Nate's offense, and Curry and Randolph's offense combined.However, if they let Crawford shoot like a nut, and get all the last second shots, then we will fall to another defeat.I think the Knicks are gonna lose.Jamal is a bad defender, so Derick Fisher will get open 3's off of double teams on Kobe.Also, nobody on the Knicks can stop Kobe or Odom, so they will combine for at least 45 points.This is gonna be a close game, but I say the Knicks lose.This is another game where the Knicks could have used Marbury-a guy that can fight over screens and doesn't leave players that can shoot wide open nearly as much as Crawford.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Who the hell voted for Marbury? Someone on here is part of the Marbury family. We need to find out who this is and kick this Marburysexual off the site, permanently.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I voted for Kobe, cause he's a great scorer,defender,passer,can rebound well for a guard, and he has a high basketball IQ.He also makes a great leader,and he has the ability to shoot in people's face at will,and can shoot off balance and fade away jumpers;he has something that very few players have been able to do in the history of the NBA.

metrocard

Legend
Kobe is the best, but he's pretty overrated at this point.

The most amazing talents in the NBA are Paul, Lebron, and Howard...jesus fucking christ; what a future these guys have. Imagine them all on the same team together. They are the USA's future and future MVP's in this league. Their work ethic is AMAZING, and totally understand what it takes to win and how to produce individually at the same time.

Paul is the best PG in the NBA, its not even debatable.

Lebron is the best perimeter player in the NBA, where as Dwight is the best player in the paint.

When Isiah came here, I was hoping for him to blow it the fuck up and tank for guys like Dwight and Paul. Damn him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hey i thought u would have had Paul Pierce in that list of players MSG? lol.

Players on the best team are usually overrated. Tony Parker is the #1 example of this. I said Pierce was underrated in the past but now I think hes overrated. Same thing with Ray Allen. I noticed hes a chucker, not nearly as bad as Crawford but when hes missin shots he'll keep throwin them up. I seen him have 4-18 nights more then once or twice but at the same time I still gotta give him his credit, hes a great shooter.

Kobe is the best, but he's pretty overrated at this point.

The most amazing talents in the NBA are Paul, Lebron, and Howard...jesus fucking christ; what a future these guys have. Imagine them all on the same team together. They are the USA's future and future MVP's in this league. Their work ethic is AMAZING, and totally understand what it takes to win and how to produce individually at the same time.

Paul is the best PG in the NBA, its not even debatable.

Lebron is the best perimeter player in the NBA, where as Dwight is the best player in the paint.

When Isiah came here, I was hoping for him to blow it the fuck up and tank for guys like Dwight and Paul. Damn him.

I said the same thing to my pops 2nite about Chris Paul. He is the #1 pg in the NBA and anyone who tries to argue this is wasting there time. What pg has the offense, defense, passing, and leadership of Chris Paul? Can Kidd and Nash play defense? Can Kidd score? The closest point guard to Paul would be Marbury and then Telfair.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Players on the best team are usually overrated. Tony Parker is the #1 example of this. I said Pierce was underrated in the past but now I think hes overrated. Same thing with Ray Allen. I noticed hes a chucker, not nearly as bad as Crawford but when hes missin shots he'll keep throwin them up. I seen him have 4-18 nights more then once or twice but at the same time I still gotta give him his credit, hes a great shooter.

I said the same thing to my pops 2nite about Chris Paul. He is the #1 pg in the NBA and anyone who tries to argue this is wasting there time. What pg has the offense, defense, passing, and leadership of Chris Paul? Can Kidd and Nash play defense? Can Kidd score? The closest point guard to Paul would be Marbury and then Telfair.

are u saying that marbury and TELFAIR is better than kidd and steve nash???

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
probally its close

u are crazy to say some shyt like dat, i wont argue about paul cuz he my favorite PG and steve nash is overrated to me but to say telfair and marbury is better than kidd??the fact u brung up telfair, its just crazy, im not knocking telfair cuz he could ball but to say he better than KIdd??

Pricey

Rotation player
c'mon MSG lol, no way is he better then Kidd or Nash. Telfair is not in the same league as those blokes. Marbury at his best could beat them but that is at his best, not consistently.
i would even say Deron Williams is in the top couple PGs, i think he is a gun.
Utah would be happy with Deron but must be shaking there heads that they didnt take Paul over him

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I've never been a fan of Jason Kidd or Steve Nash.I think they are both overrated.Both guys are great guards, no doubt about it.However,their success has a lot to do with the talent on their team.When you have guys that can score like Amare Stoudamire,Shawn Marion,Grant Hill,Leonardo Barbosa,Raja Bell,Vince Carter,Richard Jefferson,Nenad Kristic,it's no wonder your team can get to the playoffs consistantly.Give Nash or Kidd Eddy Curry, and Jamal Crawford, and they'd choke.Neither of those guys could play well on a team like the Knicks.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I've never been a fan of Jason Kidd or Steve Nash.I think they are both overrated.Both guys are great guards, no doubt about it.However,their success has a lot to do with the talent on their team.When you have guys that can score like Amare Stoudamire,Shawn Marion,Grant Hill,Leonardo Barbosa,Raja Bell,Vince Carter,Richard Jefferson,Nenad Kristic,it's no wonder your team can get to the playoffs consistantly.Give Nash or Kidd Eddy Curry, and Jamal Crawford, and they'd choke.Neither of those guys could play well on a team like the Knicks.

Thats a real good point but people fail to think about this when comparin Marbury to Nash and Kidd.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
marbury may not have that roster Jkidd had in NJ but marbury will not do a better job then Jkidd wit that team

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
marbury may not have that roster Jkidd had in NJ but marbury will not do a better job then Jkidd wit that team

I agree and same with Nash in Pheonix but I still believe the Nets would be a playoff team and the Suns would be top 4 in the West.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Okay you, and that damn poll is pissing me off. You put Stephons name there among the all time best players presently in the league, you must be mad high. Get off Marburys dick.

I voted for LeBron James. Leadership, Hustle, and HEART.

Kobe Bryant Leadership, and makes players around him better.

Tim Duncan Just count his rings.
Kevin Garnett One of the best PF the games EVER had.
Steve Nash One of the greatest PGs the games ever had. 2 time MVP...
Jason Kidd triple double machine.
Chris Paul IS as we speak leading his team to one of the best years New Orleans ever had.
Allen Iverson ...MVP, scorer, passer.
Dwight Howard Best big man in the league, young, and a force.

Stephon Marbury...... is a choke, and WILL NEVER EVER!!!!! BE in the SAME LEAGUE AS Those PLayers above. Your funny, and that joke is funny.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
What we need to do

Okay you, and that damn poll is pissing me off. You put Stephons name there among the all time best players presently in the league, you must be mad high. Get off Marburys dick.

I voted for LeBron James. Leadership, Hustle, and HEART.

Kobe Bryant Leadership, and makes players around him better.

Tim Duncan Just count his rings.
Kevin Garnett One of the best PF the games EVER had.
Steve Nash One of the greatest PGs the games ever had. 2 time MVP...
Jason Kidd triple double machine.
Chris Paul IS as we speak leading his team to one of the best years New Orleans ever had.
Allen Iverson ...MVP, scorer, passer.
Dwight Howard Best big man in the league, young, and a force.

Stephon Marbury...... is a choke, and WILL NEVER EVER!!!!! BE in the SAME LEAGUE AS Those PLayers above. Your funny, and that joke is funny.

everyone of those players brings sumthing different to the table!
marbury brings his tantrum and secrets about Isiah!

Anyway lets get back on point. Lakers are without Bynum which is a big help. We have got to take it to Brown and Odom. Curry needs to have a good game as in be big on offense. Randolph needs to dominate the boards.

We need crawford and nate to hit from down town as well. They seem abit off n past couple of games. Kets hope they both get hot.

Balkman and lee just need to do what they do. Harrass and hustle. A few steals and blocks would be nice!

we cant stop kobe, only hope to contain him.

all in all im thinkin this games gunna go down to the wire!!! lets go knicks!!!!!

Pricey

Rotation player
lol he chucked Stephon in there as a joke lol, calm down.
I agree Kobe cant be stopped but we can nullify him and try to keep him under 30 pts.
Without Bynum Zach and Eddy need to show something, Odom isnt the worst forward so they have to be on tonight to do the job.
I can see either Nate or Crawford having a big night and scoring close to 30 pts, or maybe thats what im hopeing :)

Also i think Chris Paul will be one of the all time best PGs. Not sure yet whether or not he would be better then a Payton or Stockton or someone of that ilk but he is def the best one in the league as we speak