Utah Jazz vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/30

Who is the most overrated player in the NBA?

• Dwayne Wade

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Jamal Crawford

• Kobe Bryant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vince Carter

• Steve Nash

• Jason Kidd

• Baron Davis

• Shaquille O'Neal

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Tracy McGrady

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks(14-30) vs The Utah Jazz(27-18)
Wed. 1/30 at 9:00pm ET on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and were here to take a look at Wednesday nights matchup. The Jazz have won 5 straight games and 9 out of their last 10. They are in 4th place in the Western Conference. Apparently the Gordon Giricek for Kyle Korver trade has worked for Utah. The Knicks lost their 2nd straight game but they still have won 5 out of their last 10. They had a dissapointing collapse in the 4th quarter of Tuesday nights game in LA. Eddy Curry only played 16 minutes because of foul trouble.

STARTING LINEUPS

The Utah Jazz

pg-Deron Williams
sg-Ronnie Brewer
sf-Andrei Kirilenko
pf-Carlos Boozer
C-Mehmet Okur

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SHOOTING GUARD FRED JONES
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER EDDY CURRY

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Carlos Boozer vs Zach Randolph

act_carlos_boozer.jpg

PMugshot__Zach-Randolph.jpg

79558028_60668732dc.jpg

Beats Curry vs Kwame Brown. Zach Randolph put up good numbers ealier this season against Boozer and the Jazz. Look for Zach to score and lead the Knicks in rebounds again. The problem with this matchup is that its not one-sided, Boozer got his. Lets compare their stats from the Jazz Knicks game earlier this season.

Zach Randolph:

34minutes
25pts
14rbs
73.3fg%

Carlos Boozer:

31minutes
30pts
12rbs
66.7fg%

As we see we have a good matchup here. Both players did a good job of scoring while shooting high percentages and rebounding. Boozer got in foul trouble. This combined with Stephon Marburys excellent performance propelled the Knicks to victory. The Knicks will need more then Randolph to step up to win this game. Its going to have to be a "team" win.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Utah = 5th best team offensively(105.3ppg).......Defense!!!
  • Move the ball and play as a team!!!
  • Protect the Ball!!!!! Jazz rank 2nd in steals (9.1spg)
  • Dont leave Crawford on Deron Williams for too long, too much of a strength advantage for Williams

Player Spotlight

Spotlight_1.gif

*This is another new addition to my game thread. The Player Spotlight is where we moniter how a player on the Knicks has performed over the 5 most recent games.

Lets Take a look at Quentin Richardson(no homo). During recent discussions a couple of members on here have mentioned that hes shootin somewhat better but still not what he was.

Quentin Richardson Last 5 Games

28.6mpg
7.6ppg
4.4rpg
39.5fg%
44.4%3p

This is an improvement from his season stats:

28.6mpg
7ppg
4.9rpg
33.7fg%
30.3%3P

Notice his minutes are the same on the season that they are for the past 5 games. As we can tell by the shooting percentages he is shooting better but still not back to last years form.

Eastern Conference Standings

1. Celtics(35-8)
  2. Pistons(32-13)-4GB
  3. Magic(28-18)-8.5GB
  4. Wizards(24-19)11GB
  5. Cavs(24-19)-11GB
  6. Raptors(24-20)11.5GB
  7. Hawks(18-23)16GB
  8. Nets(19-26)17GB
  9. Pacers(19-27)17.5GB
  10. Bulls(18-26)17.5GB
  11. Bobcats(18-27)18GB
  12. Bucks(18-28)18.5GB
  13. 76ers(17-28)19GB
  14. Knicks(14-30)21.5GB
  15. Heat(9-34)26GB

The Official Playoff Race: Knicks are 4.5 games out

Lets compare numbers from the first 3 months of the NBA season.

November(5-11):Opponents Points per game=101.5
93.1ppg,43.4rpg,17apg,42.9fg%,32.2%3P,70.2FT%,6.9spg,3.2bpg

December(3-11):Opponents Points per game=102.6
94.6ppg,41.3rpg,16.4apg,42.6fg%,33.1%3P,70.7FT%,6.7spg,1.5bpg

January(6-9):Opponents Points per game=98.7
96.9ppg,40.7rpg,21.4apg,46.1fg%,35.3%3P,74.7FT%,5.6spg,2.1bpg

Jazz Top 3 Point shooters
  1. C.J. Miles-43.5%
  2. Deron Williams-39.4%
  3. Mehmet Okur-38%
  4. Jason Hart-37.9%
  5. Andrei Kirilenko-37.3%
  6. Kyle Korver-33.3%

*Injury Report=Jason Hart, Jan. 27--Day to day

The Knicks will have their hands full with Deron Williams and the Utah Jazz. He has become one of the best point guards in the NBA after leading his team to the Western Conference Finals last year. Deron is averaging 19 points and 9.5 assists. Hes also avgeraging 3.5 turnovers per game. Utah is not a shot blocking team. When compared to the Knicks they are but when compared to other teams, 4.27bpg only ranks 24th. When it comes to shot blocking, the Knicks are an outlier compared to the rest of the league. Sacramento, the 29th worse shot blocking team averages 3.9bpg. The Knicks who are last average 2.3bpg. Thats a difference of 1.6 which is sad and depressing to Knicks fans who watched them in the 90's and before that.

Utah has a tough bench with players who can come in and make an impact. The Knicks need to be aware of Kyle Korver, Paul Millsap, Matt Harpring, CJ Miles, Jason Hart, and Ronnie Price. Isiah needs to go to his bench if Utahs energy and offense is too much to keep up with. Nate Robinson, David Lee, and Renaldo Balkman are always prepared to bring energy and disrupt the opposing teams continuity.

Throwback HipHop Video of the Day:

Artist:prodigy
Title:You can Never Feel my Pain
Album:H.N.I.C.
Year:2000

That does it for my pregame show. I thank everyone for joining me and remember to tune in tonight to catch the Knicks and the Jazz.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I voted for T-Mac he is a bit over rated, but on top of that he is a ball hog, and he is injury prone X 10.

Pricey

Rotation player
nice thread there MSG.
Okur may have a field day playing on Curry, he wont play D on him and he is a good shooter and can hit the 3.

yeah i voted for tmac too-cuz the first thing i think about him is injuries.
And great game thread MSG33-this has to be the best one yet.

The knicks played good from what i saw last night (i fell asleep at half) i looked at the box scroe and i know that box scores are a terrible way of judging the knicks play- but i saw they were right in it but then they got outplayed in the 4th quarter-what a suprise.

as for tonight-seeing that they did arite last night-they should be in it for most of it. i mean as long as we keep em from shootin 3's. im thinkin a win tonight. wate- im HOPING a win tonight. we need some momentum.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread as always,MSG.I looked at NBA.Com, and I found out that Renaldo Balkman got suspended for 1 game without pay,due to a flagrant elbow he threw at Vujacic last night.I think it's bullsh*t,considering the Lakers whooped our ass anyways, and his elbow didn't effect the game, but that's just my view on it.About the game,I think the Knicks are going to win.The three guys that will have to step it up are Zach Randolph,Jamal Crawford,and Nate Robinson.Nate and Jamal must score at least a combined 30 points, to neutralize Deron Williams.Z-Bo will have to score on Carlos Boozer, cause Boozer will definitely get some points on him.In my opinion,the Knicks should let Jared Jeffries get some playing time.Curry isn't used to guarding centers like Okur on the perimeter, but Jeffries is used to guarding guards,forwards, and even centers.Another interesting fact is that the Knicks go into this game having won 6 of their last 7 meetings against the Jazz.

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
we wont win, Jazz will beat us by over 10 pts. I hope im wrong but that last quarter was crap and the Jazz looked great the other night, all we can hope for is that they have a let down.
Boozer will give Zach the biggest arse rapeing of his life.
Lets hope Nate and Jamal shoot in the high percentages and see what happens.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
This Game Is Another Lose, Stephon Marbury Is The Jazz Killer And Without Him, There Is No Way The Knicks Are Coming Out With A Victory. Is It Me Or Am I Smoking Some Good Stuff, Marbury Is The Jazz Killer. My Pops Was Even Saying It, He Said The Knicks Have No Chance Against The Jazz With Steph Out Because He Is The Jazz Killer And I Know Jerry Sloan Is Also Excited He Wouldn't Have To Deal With Marbury.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
yeah i voted for tmac too-cuz the first thing i think about him is injuries.
And great game thread MSG33-this has to be the best one yet.

The knicks played good from what i saw last night (i fell asleep at half) i looked at the box scroe and i know that box scores are a terrible way of judging the knicks play- but i saw they were right in it but then they got outplayed in the 4th quarter-what a suprise.

as for tonight-seeing that they did arite last night-they should be in it for most of it. i mean as long as we keep em from shootin 3's. im thinkin a win tonight. wate- im HOPING a win tonight. we need some momentum.

Thanx for the props on my game thread........Im sorry but i dont see a win comin tonite, maybe against Seattle.

Great thread as always,MSG.I looked at NBA.Com, and I found out that Renaldo Balkman got suspended for 1 game without pay,due to a flagrant elbow he threw at Vujacic last night.I think it's bullsh*t,considering the Lakers whooped our ass anyways, and his elbow didn't effect the game, but that's just my view on it.About the game,I think the Knicks are going to win.The three guys that will have to step it up are Zach Randolph,Jamal Crawford,and Nate Robinson.Nate and Jamal must score at least a combined 30 points, to neutralize Deron Williams.Z-Bo will have to score on Carlos Boozer, cause Boozer will definitely get some points on him.In my opinion,the Knicks should let Jared Jeffries get some playing time.Curry isn't used to guarding centers like Okur on the perimeter, but Jeffries is used to guarding guards,forwards, and even centers.Another interesting fact is that the Knicks go into this game having won 6 of their last 7 meetings against the Jazz.

I saw the replay and it looked intentional. lol it was madd dirty no homo. Balkman looked frustrated and it he threw his elbow. Balkman looks like a friendly person but after seein that elbow and seein him give the finger to the camera hes got an attitude but thats good, thats what we need.

we wont win, Jazz will beat us by over 10 pts. I hope im wrong but that last quarter was crap and the Jazz looked great the other night, all we can hope for is that they have a let down.
Boozer will give Zach the biggest arse rapeing of his life.
Lets hope Nate and Jamal shoot in the high percentages and see what happens.

If those 2 can shoot good we got a chance.

This Game Is Another Lose, Stephon Marbury Is The Jazz Killer And Without Him, There Is No Way The Knicks Are Coming Out With A Victory. Is It Me Or Am I Smoking Some Good Stuff, Marbury Is The Jazz Killer. My Pops Was Even Saying It, He Said The Knicks Have No Chance Against The Jazz With Steph Out Because He Is The Jazz Killer And I Know Jerry Sloan Is Also Excited He Wouldn't Have To Deal With Marbury.

True dat, Marbury ass rapes the Jazz everytime.

man fuck marbury he sucks nate is gonna do his job today watch

F*ck you who invited you back on here?

we can win this game...i mean weve beaten jazz b4 i think this will be a game were gonna win...hope im right

We can win but not without the Jazz killa.

I don't know anyone else on the internet who does better game threads than MSG33, from any sport.

Thanx Metro, Im actually thinkin about tryin to take over the basketball part of a sports page for some local newspaper......this site has helped me develop my thoughts and research abilities more then school. I just gotta fix that damn spot light.

I agree:gony:

Thanx 1st Lady, havent seen you on here in a while. I thank you and everyone else who likes my game threads and I promise to continue to deliver the best game threads on the F*ckin internet and to look to improve them. The format changes by the week. Now I gotta get my TV on and start watchin this game, last I saw we was down 12-2