Trade Deadline Updates.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Are they having a Florida Marlin style firesale? I'm all about young players that aren't all-starts quite yet. I'd like to see what Hakim Warrik can do. I'd give Balkman up for him without even thinking about it.

Yeah man, I wouldn't mind getting Hakim Warrick too. But, if they are blowing it up, they probably want to unload salary first. What about Mike Miller? He is a great shooter, another one of the many things that the Knicks desparately need. Especially if the plan is to play a true inside-outside game. What about Darko Milicic? Is he a bust or just hasn't been utilized properly yet?

Some other young prospects on Memphis I wouldn't mind getting: Juan Carlos Navarro (Memphis will have an overload of point guards now), Stromile Swift (I still have faith that he will develop into a good player someday).

paris401

Starter
. Although Randolph is the more productive he is also the most tradable asset of the two. We've got D. Lee who has proven to be a starter. This leads me to believe we should be making a serious attempt to trade Randolph but conservatively for an expiring contract if possible.

see my above.. the black-hole has no value.. zero..nil...none... zero... oops i said that already...

as to d lee.. nice 7th or 8th man off the bench... he hustles, has no "O" except 1-2 ft from basket, and his "D" is missing in action...

a team that is starting d lee ain't competing for anything in the nba... maybe the d-league...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
see my above.. the black-hole has no value.. zero..nil...none... zero... oops i said that already...

as to d lee.. nice 7th or 8th man off the bench... he hustles, has no "O" except 1-2 ft from basket, and his "D" is missing in action...

a team that is starting d lee ain't competing for anything in the nba... maybe the d-league...

I have to disagree. This team's chemistry is all jacked up. Lee is a solid player and a consistent rebounder. He's not the greatest defensive player statistically but he is a team player. Randolph averages double doubles consistently and we are still losing. Lee's D is missing in action? Where is Randolph's? Not to mention that his contract is awful. But we are in agreement. Randolph is more tradable that Curry.

donchris

Much like Charles Barkley I'd like to say I was misquoted in my own autobiography. Randolph so far is doing his thing tonight. He doesn't pass much but he is attempting to play some D. So far there's a lot of passing. I'm surprised the Knicks are actually playing like a team!

paris401

Starter
I have to disagree. This team's chemistry is all jacked up. Lee is a solid player and a consistent rebounder. He's not the greatest defensive player statistically but he is a team player. Randolph averages double doubles consistently and we are still losing. Lee's D is missing in action? Where is Randolph's? Not to mention that his contract is awful. But we are in agreement. Randolph is more tradable that Curry.

i agree d lee is a solid 'role' player.. 7th/8th guy off the bench... but he is not starter material (imo).. as to zach's "D"... there is none... zero.. as to trade value (imo), zach is close to zero, curry maybe one step up, as is contract is not as onerous... but he is the worse player..

as i said we are ' fuk'd '

NYKnicks15

Starter
Shaq is going to pheonix for his physical and will be a Sun by tomorrow evening. the trade goes as follows.

Shaq goes to Pheonix

Shaquille O'Neal
Amare Stoudemire
Boris Diaw
Leandro Barbosa
Steve Nash

Shawn Marion & Marcus Banks goes to Miami

Udonis Haslem
Shawn Marion
Ricky Davis
Dwayne Wade
Jason Williams

I expect Suns to run offense as usual with Shaq hopefully agreeing to focus on D and Miami to play small ball until the offseason. Look for Miami to resign Marion and then trade for Andre Miller before deadline. I also believe Ricky Davis will become a free agent or traded before deadline.

NYKnicks15

Starter
in the greatest news ive heard in a while. wally-world sczerbiak is on the block! youre prolly saying we dont need wally BUT yes we do. you have to understand this means the sonics arent looking to drop as much cap as we imagined AND they are willing to give him up to tkae players back. and if we can swing a deal where crawford goes to seattle for wally with maybe malik with them also giving us West perhaps. this would be great. ill keep ya updated. remember isiah loves wally for some reason and has tried to get him several times. lets see what happens. thats another large 2 year contract

paris401

Starter
well if we combine wally's ouside shooting, with lee's hustle,inside game, and his rebounding, we will have one white-boy who has game... but still no "D"

i hope we stand pat,buy out the entire roster, and start anew...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Quoted from New York Post / February 5th:
Though Jerome James has expressed interest in getting traded if the Knicks don't intend to play him, Thomas wants the seldom-used center to remain patient. Entering last night's action, James had appeared in only two games. Thomas said he likes James' potential as a shot-blocker and disruptive force in the lane.

Is Jerome James serious? Does he really think he has any value? Does he really think he deserves more playing time? Does he really think he is in any position to demand a trade? The reason Isiah doesn't play him is because he can't get his fat ass in shape. I wish we could trade him, but it's his own damn fault for not getting playing time.

jimkcchief88

All Star
in the greatest news ive heard in a while. wally-world sczerbiak is on the block! youre prolly saying we dont need wally BUT yes we do. you have to understand this means the sonics arent looking to drop as much cap as we imagined AND they are willing to give him up to tkae players back. and if we can swing a deal where crawford goes to seattle for wally with maybe malik with them also giving us West perhaps. this would be great. ill keep ya updated. remember isiah loves wally for some reason and has tried to get him several times. lets see what happens. thats another large 2 year contract

Talk about making trades just to make trades. No way I give up Jamal for Wally. Wally is a designated shooter and not a good one at that, too slow to get to the hole on his own, and can't get his own shot. If we could pick him up for nothing that's great but we would be the laughingstock of the league to give Jamal away for Wally. Just my opinion.

donchris

I want credit if this trade goes through. I suggested brining in Wally for fiscal reasons and every one thought I was crazy. (Contract expiring in two years) I think something could be worked out for Randolph possibly but Crawford would be a better fit.

metrocard

Legend
I want credit if this trade goes through. I suggested brining in Wally for fiscal reasons and every one thought I was crazy. (Contract expiring in two years) I think something could be worked out for Randolph possibly but Crawford would be a better fit.

No credit for you, I was the first one here preaching to get expiring contracts.

paris401

Starter
If you cut a player, I think his contract is still on the salary cap.

yes it is, so u will be left with your young guys/draft picks, and free agents/d-league players. and as the players contracts that u cut expire, u have cap room.

ofcourse cutting all the players will never happen, its more fustration talking then reality..

NYKnicks15

Starter
nets/mavs deal to be done before deadline.
Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, Desagana Diop, Devin Harris and cash as well as future draft considerations will go to the Nets and Jason Kidd along with Darrell Armstrong will go back for their second stint with the mavs.

this leads people to believe (aswell as the west getting bigger)...

curry to the mavs?
with their weakness in the front court it is possible. cuban is a risk taker as he has been with Diop, Juwan, Dampier, Terry, Johnson etc so this is plausible but the only problem is theyd have to give up a package OR Jason Terry. If Jason Terry comes then im all for it.

Ridnour to the knicks?
Isiah wants Luke in NY, as well as Wally and its very possible that both come here in a package deal before deadline. the only problem being isiah would rather not party with any of his guards. remember hes in love with Crawford ughhh. i personally dont see the fascination with Ridnour and would definitely rather have Watson. but id do a Ridnour/Wally/Petro for Curry, Crawford and Collins trade all day.

Marbury on the block.
not a question that he is. but who will take him? someone looking for cap relief. so unless we take horrible contracts which i dont think dolan will allow the only possible trade is for bibby.. same length in contract so i could careless BUT wed prolly have to take kenny thomas as well. if isiah was smart hed suck it up and form a bond with marbury again let him play here until his contract runs out and let us see a NY connection with Artest and Marbs next year. speaking of which

Artest to the Nuggets?
The nuggets are iffy on taking Nene so its more likely Najera would come. they also want Kleiza since Najera expires next season but its more plausible if a draft pick comes instead. a Camby, Nene, Anthony, Artest, Iverson lineup is actually pretty scary. its a rental though as Artest will DEFINITELY test free agency.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Who would the Mavs have left to trade for Curry? If I was Mark Cuban I would be lookin to add more defense instead of a poing guard whos still a good player but his days of playing great defense are far behind him. Kidd is no longer even a good defender, but hes a still a triple double machine.

The Nuggets would have Artest out of position but it doesnt matter when your talkin about a defensive player. I never thought of Kurt Thomas being a real center when he was on the Knicks but because of his defense he got away with it, just like Sprewell did as a small forward. I would have liked to have seen Spree play more 2-guard, i think he wouldve averaged more points but Spree and Houston made a nice combo.

donchris

nets/mavs deal to be done before deadline.
Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, Desagana Diop, Devin Harris and cash as well as future draft considerations will go to the Nets and Jason Kidd along with Darrell Armstrong will go back for their second stint with the mavs.

this leads people to believe (aswell as the west getting bigger)...

curry to the mavs?
with their weakness in the front court it is possible. cuban is a risk taker as he has been with Diop, Juwan, Dampier, Terry, Johnson etc so this is plausible but the only problem is theyd have to give up a package OR Jason Terry. If Jason Terry comes then im all for it.

Ridnour to the knicks?
Isiah wants Luke in NY, as well as Wally and its very possible that both come here in a package deal before deadline. the only problem being isiah would rather not party with any of his guards. remember hes in love with Crawford ughhh. i personally dont see the fascination with Ridnour and would definitely rather have Watson. but id do a Ridnour/Wally/Petro for Curry, Crawford and Collins trade all day.

Marbury on the block.
not a question that he is. but who will take him? someone looking for cap relief. so unless we take horrible contracts which i dont think dolan will allow the only possible trade is for bibby.. same length in contract so i could careless BUT wed prolly have to take kenny thomas as well. if isiah was smart hed suck it up and form a bond with marbury again let him play here until his contract runs out and let us see a NY connection with Artest and Marbs next year. speaking of which

Artest to the Nuggets?
The nuggets are iffy on taking Nene so its more likely Najera would come. they also want Kleiza since Najera expires next season but its more plausible if a draft pick comes instead. a Camby, Nene, Anthony, Artest, Iverson lineup is actually pretty scary. its a rental though as Artest will DEFINITELY test free agency.

Thanks for the update. It sucks that Kid is going to Dallas. If so I doubt they will go for Curry. Ridnour is the best available option to run the point and our immediate need, above trading Randolph or Curry, is getting a point guard. No he's not Billups or Nash but he will improve our offensive flow.

Marbury's finished. (I'm still wearing the Starburys) He might as well take next season off. I don't think we should trade him. We need his 20 million off our books after next season. Any word on J.J dynamite? Is he hitting the gym? He may be our starting center if we trade Curry.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thanks for the update. It sucks that Kid is going to Dallas. If so I doubt they will go for Curry. Ridnour is the best available option to run the point and our immediate need, above trading Randolph or Curry, is getting a point guard. No he's not Billups or Nash but he will improve our offensive flow.

Marbury's finished. (I'm still wearing the Starburys) He might as well take next season off. I don't think we should trade him. We need his 20 million off our books after next season. Any word on J.J dynamite? Is he hitting the gym? He may be our starting center if we trade Curry.

sadly I would rather see JJ start instead of Curry and im happy to hear you wearin them Starbury kicks, i got mine on to go with a starbury shirt, starbury shorts, starbury jacket, and a starbury hat.