New York Knicks vs Portland Trail Blazers Game Thread 2/1

Which Knick has been playing the best recently?

• David Lee

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Nate Robinson

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Jamal Crawford

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Zach Randolph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Renaldo Balkman

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Jared Jeffries

• Eddy Curry

• Mardy Collins

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Randolph's been playing great, so far.His career high is 43, and I know he's got a long way to go,but I'd like to see him get a career high against his former team.

metrocard

Legend
David Lee is a better center than Curry, better player basically.

You see how chemistry works out positively for the Knicks when two cancers are out with the flu, we're a more fluid team. Now imagine the fluidity without Crawful and Fat Zach. This is why I've been preaching "subtract before addition". Once we get rid of Curry, Crawful, Randolph, Richardson, Jefferies, Rose and James, we'll blossum.

LT4, stop bitching; its unmanly; plus Colorado isn't Hip Hop.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
wow the knicks have no idea of how to play on offense. did u see that 3 by Randolph? Our execution on offense and defense is terrible and there seems to be no coaching going on. Idk if its the players or coach, but this isnt looking like a team that can win consistently anytime soon. We are playing hard tho. Up two with 50 seconds remaining.........

metrocard

Legend
Crawford 6-26, what a leader, he has such ability to lead.

in shots missed
chucks
turnovers
getting burned defensively
playing a like a puta bitch.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man it seemed as if every shot rimmed out, i dont understand how we didnt win this game, shot good from the FT line and contained them to taking less then 10 FTs, destroyed them on them boards, seems like a great winbut again, we find ways to lose, this team needs a PG bad

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Bryant shot 28 shots and scored 46 points.

Crawford took 27 and scored 13 points

Look how well lee did at centre.
nate did alright at pg
And balkman got about a double double and 2 blocks.

Negatives

We have Crawford, Curry, ZBo in our usual starting lineup

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I hope all you Crawfordsexuals take notes for this one.Now(hopefully)after a horrendous 6-27(1-11 from 3) shooting from Crawford, you know why guys like me,Metro,and MSG don't like Crawford leading the team.The bottom line is Jamal makes a bad leader.Not because he isn't talented, but because he's a ballhog,and to this day, he still struggles with knowing when to pass and when to shoot.He's even admitted to media that he struggles with knowing when to pass and when to shoot.We could've won that game, if he gave it to the Black Hole or Nate the Great, but instead, Crawford chucked up a shot, after missing his previous 9.And mark my words, I guarantee you, as long as Crawford is our 20 ppg "star", we will continue to lose.

Last edited:
I think the sound I just heard that woke me up was of yet another brick laid by Crawford. Can the guy drive and dish just one time, one time???? And I love Isiah, everyone knows that Crawford is streaky as hell and it was obvious he wasn't having a good night so what does Isiah do? Keeps calling play after play after play for Crawford. This team is unreal. It was obvious Crawford was lost out there tonight and instead of giving the ball to Nate, a guy that has actually started to drive and dish, he just keep giving it Crawford again and again and again. Unbelievable. Even if Crawford is having one of his rare on fire nights there is no reason why this guy should be getting 27 shots in an NBA game.

Despite Isiah's stubbornness and Crawford's low basketball iq I was impressed by the Blazers. Do they remind anybody else of the Cavs? They played great d and didn't give up despite long stretches where they had problems scoring. I'm not sure if they will make the playoffs because eventually against better teams they will need to score the ball but I think they will get between 45-47 wins.

paris401

Starter
Once we get rid of Curry, Crawful, Randolph, Richardson, Jefferies, Rose and James, we'll blossum.
QUOTE]

i agreeee... question is... how do we do it??? they have no trade value.. do u release 160/170m in contract...?? maybe thats what we have to do.. bite the bullet for a couple/few years, and hope that the shitty team we send out to play every nite is as lovable as the 62 mets

paris401

Starter
Crawford 6-26, what a leader, he has such ability to lead.

in shots missed
chucks
turnovers
getting burned defensively
playing a like a puta bitch.

thats jamal... tommorrow he we hit 20/26, score 45points.. any team that has him as their focal point, will never contend for anything... he is just too streaky...

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow, I fell asleep after the put back from Lee of Nate layup (the two are still backing-up each other game since their rookie season).

I felt that Wilson Chandler should've got some of Crawford minutes early in the game. Crawford is not a 32 or more minutes player on a consistent basis. This Road trip killed Crawford at 40 or more mpg vs SG that overall talents are 100 times better than Crawford.

In Portland last 10 games Head Coach McMillian is having a hard time trying to break his roster down to a 8-Man Rotation. He should stick to the TWO-UNIT system a little bit longer because Jack, Rod, Jones, Outlaw, and Frye line-up still have that lethal turn on effort that oponents were having trouble with.

At one time the Knicks had a roster they could've broken down to a Two-Unit team but it is hard to do when you keep getting players (Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, and Zach) that demand 30 minutes or more from the President of the organization.

Look what happens when 3 of Isiah Starters are missing Marbury, Q.Rich, and Curry (3 down 2 to go Crawford & Zach).
With those 5 players out ( or traded) you can get an offensive-coach and a defense-coach and build a TEAM around team-players like Nate, Collins, Balkman, Lee, Chandler, Morris, and I wish we still had Demetris Nichols.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
You guys are being too harsh on Crawford.

I realize he had a terrible game shooting and is still wildly inconsistent. I have never disputed all the negative points about his game.

But the circumstances are not entirely his fault. Look at the line up. Lee and Balkman can't hit anything other than a layup or dunk. Jeffries and Rose are no outside threat etc.... That left us with only 3 potential outside threats - Crawford, Robinson, and Zbo.

Robinson wasn't having an especially good outside shooting night either and Zbo was constantly getting double teamed. If ZBO put up more shots we'd all be screaming at him for taking stupid shots.

What it came down to was that Crawford was the only guy with the skills to get his own shot and the willingness to take them at crunch time when we couldn't get the ball inside (which we coundn't). Last night they weren't dropping and we lost. We lose all the time when he's not hitting his shots. But the problem is not just Crawford. We lack a skilled SF that can shoot from the outside. If we had that kind of outside threat, everyone else would get better shots and we wouldn't be dependent on Crawford on the nights he can't hit the ocean.

At least if guys like Lee and Balkman had mid range jumpers it would open things up a little bit. But they don't. That's why it's tough to get the ball inside to them for easy hoops other than on put backs. That's why ZBO and Curry are always double teamed, and why the team goes as Crawford goes.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Can someone now! tell me, because I guess I was to ignorant, and my head was in a cloud. Why the F#ck does that stupid chucker (Jamal) shoot so many shots. I remember the second quarter when the Knicks has that nice lead, Nate missed Lee got the offensive rebound with 24 seconds left on the shot clock, Lee passed it out and there you have it Jamal Crawford chucks up a three and misses, Isiah is now out of his mind, giving the basketball to Crawford seeing that he is off, and as long as Isiah Thomas is here so is Crawford. That lose was just crazy... I will now say, most of you guys were right about Crawford, I am sorry for being a believer in him, because like I see it he will never change for the better, and he will always be a unconsistent player, one night 13-15 with 34 points. The next night he is 4-23 with 10 pts. Crawford should go. I was so tired from that game cause it almost whent to 2:00 in the morning just to see a L from the Knicks. By the way the Knicks played as a 8 man team today.

paris401

Starter
yep jamal is streaky... the problem in trading him is to who??

i mite be wrong, but if i am a contender, i don't want him, and neither will a 2nd tier team.

i do think we are stuck with him and the rest of this cast of characters..

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Bryant shot 28 shots and scored 46 points.

Crawford took 27 and scored 13 points

Look how well lee did at centre.
nate did alright at pg
And balkman got about a double double and 2 blocks.

Negatives

We have Crawford, Curry, ZBo in our usual starting lineup

Greatest Stats. Ever.

I realize he had a terrible game shooting and is still wildly inconsistent. I have never disputed all the negative points about his game.

But the circumstances are not entirely his fault. Look at the line up. Lee and Balkman can't hit anything other than a layup or dunk. Jeffries and Rose are no outside threat etc.... That left us with only 3 potential outside threats - Crawford, Robinson, and Zbo.

Robinson wasn't having an especially good outside shooting night either and Zbo was constantly getting double teamed. If ZBO put up more shots we'd all be screaming at him for taking stupid shots.

What it came down to was that Crawford was the only guy with the skills to get his own shot and the willingness to take them at crunch time when we couldn't get the ball inside (which we coundn't). Last night they weren't dropping and we lost. We lose all the time when he's not hitting his shots. But the problem is not just Crawford. We lack a skilled SF that can shoot from the outside. If we had that kind of outside threat, everyone else would get better shots and we wouldn't be dependent on Crawford on the nights he can't hit the ocean.

At least if guys like Lee and Balkman had mid range jumpers it would open things up a little bit. But they don't. That's why it's tough to get the ball inside to them for easy hoops other than on put backs. That's why ZBO and Curry are always double teamed, and why the team goes as Crawford goes.
This is why we miss a certain player whos injured. We need more offense and I agree with you Knicklover. Crawford sucks theres no way around this. But Isiah is the dumbass that gave him the go ahead. Still Crawford should let Lee, Nate, and Zach Randolph take more shots.

Lee=5-6
Randolph=11-23
Nate=7-17

Nate didnt shoot well but he hit more shots while taking 17 then Crawford did taking 27. This is where Isiahs suppose to step in and tell Crawford to stop chuckin.

metrocard

Legend

So you're blaming the players who helped us even make this a competitive game for Crawford's flaws? Thats the most absurd thing I've heard all year besides the crackhead comments said by Pancakes.

Crawford isn't a good shooter, he's very average at best, a C rating shooter. Now why would any coach allow Crawford to take so many careless low percentage shots? We know Isiah is autistic, but in reality things like this don't make sense. Lets not pretend Jamal never had nights like this before, even playing with a healthy Marbury and Richardson, both very productive players when healthy, and a 20 ppg Curry from last season. Crawford has about 20 of these type of games per season, ever since he became a starter in Chicago. This is nothing new, so I'm surprised you're acting like it is and you're actually defending him in the most Isiahsexual way possible(blaming the other players for his mistakes)

Lets look at the line up.

Balkman = energy, rebounding, defense, fastbreak offense
Lee = solid skills offensively, strong, agility, rebounding machine, a lot of energy.
Robinson = excellent shooter/penatrator, very quick, maturing, strong small PG
Randolph = solid 20 and 10 player with no defense or offensive awareness.

The weakest link in the line up? Jamal Crawford.

Isn't really good at anything except chucking, turnovers, poor defense, bad decision making, weakness, and softness.

Whats the point of Crawford getting his own shot if he's going to miss 60-70% of them? Seems like a terrible idea by you and Isiah, maybe you guys should consider coaching the Clown Basketball Association back @ Isiah's crib; they're having the all star week starting today and ending on superbowl sunday. There will be special events such as the pie eating contest between Jerome James, Mo Taylor, Zach Randolph, Malik Rose, Q-Rich and Eddy Curry. The most anticipated event probably is the dribble dribble turnover contest between Jamal Crawford, Steve Francis, and Jalen Rose. Last but not least; the battle royal between ex-Knick coaches featuring Lenny Wilkins, Don Chaney, Herb Williams, Larry Brown and the crowd favorite; Isiah Thomas. It is expected there will be 15,000 Isiahsexuals at attendance, you should consider checking out with the stuff you've been posting in favor of Isiah.

We also lack a skilled SG that can shoot from the outside, so whats your point? We shouldn't be dependant on Crawford period; unless we want to lose(which is the best thing right now). How many Crawful games and loses will take for you to understand he isn't the right piece for this team now and in the future and has never been. Ever since Crawford came here, we lost all playoff hope; especially the season that we made the playoff under Marbury and not much of a supporting cast. Marbury was an all star and elite PG at the time, which is why we were successful that year. Crawford at best is a good 7th man, giving him this much responsibility, control of the offense and shot attempts is like letting a crackhead control your bank account.

Kiyaman

Legend

Crawford showed that he is not a PG, a Leader, or a dependable decision maker in this game.
Crawford great ability to dribble should've been used to get him to the foul line with alot of fakes of slashing to the basket, or his dribble should bring defenders to him so he can pass to an open teammate, or the wise thing would've been to let the coach know vs Brandon Roy & Sergio your good for 16 minutes a half in this back to back road game.

Shots taken
17 Nate for 17 pts
23 Zach for 25 pts
27 Crawford for 13 pts

Knicks need a HEAD COACH!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
I hope all you Crawfordsexuals take notes for this one.Now(hopefully)after a horrendous 6-27(1-11 from 3) shooting from Crawford, you know why guys like me,Metro,and MSG don't like Crawford leading the team.The bottom line is Jamal makes a bad leader.Not because he isn't talented, but because he's a ballhog,and to this day, he still struggles with knowing when to pass and when to shoot.He's even admitted to media that he struggles with knowing when to pass and when to shoot.We could've won that game, if he gave it to the Black Hole or Nate the Great, but instead, Crawford chucked up a shot, after missing his previous 9.And mark my words, I guarantee you, as long as Crawford is our 20 ppg "star", we will continue to lose.

I don't think that anyone on this site is a "Crawfordsexual", from what I read in the post on this site is that people hate his streaky style of play, and his decision making, but has admired his leadership. And on a team with no leadership what so ever, he is our best on the court leader (sadly enough). I personally have no attachment to him at all, he can be traded tommorow for some picks and it wouldnt bother me much at all. And yes his play lost this game for us (as well as many others), but he has won and kept us in games too.