Which NBA player is the greatest passer?

Who is the best passer in the NBA?

• Jose Calderon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Nash

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Chris Paul

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Deron Williams

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Jason Kidd

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I thought this was a great poll on espn.com this morning. I voted for Nash. HE sees everything. Makes players bettter around him. who you voted for a why? by the way my second pick was Jose Calderon, he makes people better around him and turnover assist ratio is great.

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea ive seen some video of him making some sick ass passes...man after that nowun in my eyes is better then nash

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Very tough question.....if it was askin whos the best point guard I would say easily Chris Paul but is he the best passer?

Steve Nash-11.8
Chris Paul-10.7
Jason Kidd-10.4
Deron Williams-9.5
Jose Calderon-8.8

Nash averages the most assists but he arguably has the best teammates of these 5.

Jose Calderon only averages 31.5 minutes per game.

This is F*ckin hard no homo. Im tryin to compare the teams because thats a big factor. Not everyone plays with Amare, the Matrix, Raja Bell and the rest of the Suns.

The 2 best offensive players on the Hornets other then Chris Paul are:

Stojakovic-15.3ppg,44.3fg%,45.6 3P%
David West-19.6ppg,47.8fg%

Hes got 2 solid teammates here. Are they bettter then RJ and Carter?

RJ-24ppg,46.2fg%,35% 3P
Carter-20.9ppg,45.1fg%,33.8% 3P

Kidd might arguably have better teammates (Offensivley) then Chris Paul but because of Pauls offense the Hornets are much more successful then the Nets. Kidd has no offense. Pauls like a better version of Marbury. He scores and passes.

Im gonna go with Chris Paul but Caleron might be second.

nyKnicks126

Do you guys remember some time ago when Marbury passed to TIm Thomas. It was a behind the back spin to Tim. I believe. That was crazy!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
yeah i remember that pass, he did some spinning pass and tim thomas made some lay up i couldnt believe, i'll go wit kidd cuz his passes seem so effortless, wit nash, a lot of times he passes up an open lay up for a open man who's in the perimeter

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
the thing about nash dow all u have 2 do is run and get open he will find u...man i see him make some nice passes and the suns love playing with him because he gives them easy oppertunities...like easy lay ups all the time

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
the thing about nash dow all u have 2 do is run and get open he will find u...man i see him make some nice passes and the suns love playing with him because he gives them easy oppertunities...like easy lay ups all the time

Thats the same way some people describe playin with Telfair.

nyKnicks126

Kidd is crazy you are right his passes are so effortless.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IREiim13C0o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IREiim13C0o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I was at this game down below. It was the playoffs
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6VRsOj5WQA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6VRsOj5WQA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7mqB57LL4I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7mqB57LL4I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

nyKnicks126

I can't believe Telfair is getting around 6 assists a game for Minnesota. Along with almost 10 ppg. He improved because he is getting so much more minutes then last year. Now stay out of trouble.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'll go with Steve Nash, cause he always averages high assists numbers whether he has a big offensive game, or a quiet offensive game.This is something that is hard to do, but he has found a way to master this in Phoenix.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lolz telfair?...ive seen him do some nice crossovers but thats about it...lolz man are u part of the marbury fam or something?
Actually yes, Im part of the fam.

I can't believe Telfair is getting around 6 assists a game for Minnesota. Along with almost 10 ppg. He improved because he is getting so much more minutes then last year. Now stay out of trouble.
Hes gotta work on that shot and he'll get even more assists. Ive seen him play real good defense.

I'll go with Steve Nash, cause he always averages high assists numbers whether he has a big offensive game, or a quiet offensive game.This is something that is hard to do, but he has found a way to master this in Phoenix.

This is one of those rare times where I dont go by who has the best stats but you cant go wrong with any of the options. Deron Williams is last on my list.

1. Stephon Marbury
  2. Chris Paul
  3. Jason Kidd
  4. Steve Nash
  5. Jose Calderon
  6. Deron Williams

*For the slow people Marbury being 1st is a joke

MSG, he's not a point guard but you forgot to put one guy on your list, Lebron. That guy is a sick passer. Another guy who I think is one of the most underrated players in the league and a terrific passer would be Ginobli. Duncan is the foundation, Parker the engine but Ginobli is defintiely the key to the Spurs.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
MSG, he's not a point guard but you forgot to put one guy on your list, Lebron. That guy is a sick passer. Another guy who I think is one of the most underrated players in the league and a terrific passer would be Ginobli. Duncan is the foundation, Parker the engine but Ginobli is defintiely the key to the Spurs.

I agree that their both good passers but I think there would be a couple of others ahead of them on my list after Deron Williams.

I agree that their both good passers but I think there would be a couple of others ahead of them on my list after Deron Williams.

Well Ginobli I was just saying in general, not necessarily to put him on your list. Lebron though I think should be there and it would be interesting to see how many votes he would get.