View Poll Results: Will the Knicks make the playoffs this 2007-2008 season?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I still believe

2 11.76%
  • No, the Knicks suck

15 88.24%
  • I don't know

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    KnicksonLIN.com

Default 14-33,Will Isiah make a trade?

The Knicks are 14-33, and they are getting closer and closer to being mathematically eliminated from playoff contention:
    -14th place in Eastern Conference & 5th place in Atlantic Division

Teams do not respect the Knicks, which is why even the sh**ty, 2 playoff series victories in the last 32 years Clippers were badmouthing the Knicks, and Nate McMillan,coach of the Blazers was telling his team:"This team will allow you to get layups.We just have to drive to the basket."A statemement McMillan said during Friday's game against the Blazers,earlier this week.

THE CLIPPERS HAVE JUST 5 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES SINCE 1976, AND ONLY 2 PLAYOFF SERIES WINS SINCE 1976!

-It is obvious that we don't have good intimidation on the interior, and our perimeter defense is subpar:
    Knicks allow 6.2 more points than they currently average,they average just 2.3 bpg as a team(Josh Smith and Dwight Howard average more than that by themselves), and allow teams to shoot 35.5% from 3.

-Although Isiah Thomas has said he doesn't plan on making any changes, he did try to trade Zach Randolph.With that being said, do you think Isiah Thomas will make a trade?And if so, will it be another sh**ty trade, or will it be a good one, for the first time in Isiah's 5 seasons with the Knicks?
    Last edited by abcd; Feb 03, 2008 at 02:16.

I don't want Isiah to make anymore trades. The best thing for the Knicks is to tank the season and fire Isiah. Quick fixes don't work!!! Getting Ron Artest is like putting a band aid over a shotgun wound.

Veteran

i doubt he will make a trade, but if he does how can it not be a $hitty trade... we have $hitty players, u give $hit, u get back $hit...

i say buy out the whole team (save the young guys) and start over... at least there will be some light at the end of the tunnel... rite now we are in a dark bottom-less pit

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    u give $hit, u get back $hit...
    LOL very true indeed!!
    Where there is hope, there can be faith
    Where there is faith, miracles can occur

As much as I want to see a trade, WE all know that there is not any move is going to salvage the season. I would like to think Isiah is going to be fired at seasons end, and a new GM will be orchestating trades this off season, but the sad reality is Dolan may not fire Isiah.....Anyways, I just don't see any real moves out there for us. I want Ron, but they are insistent on David Lee being apart of the package, so that the deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. The reality is that we are in such a mess that the moves have to be more than player personel. I think Isiah has to go, I think he tried his best to make us into what he thought would be a winning team, but he has failed. Players don't want to come to NY, as long as this black cloud hangs over MSG.....Sorry I keep getting off point! To answer the question, I just don't want another Isiah Thomas type move before he is let go. I think maybe Dolan has forbidded him from making any moves, which could be the writting on the wall for Zeke.
    "I'd Rather Melo shoot with 3 men on him than Jefferies shotting wide open"

-Jeff Van Gundy

12th man

It have to be widely known in the NBA, and probably be commented on by Sports annoucers in the Giants Super-Bowl vs Patriots, that NBA Players in the league do not want to be traded to the Knicks.
    If a Player is traded during the deadline to the Knicks they will refute the trade by not reporting which will cost Isiah Thomas his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    It have to be widely known in the NBA, and probably be commented on by Sports annoucers in the Giants Super-Bowl vs Patriots, that NBA Players in the league do not want to be traded to the Knicks.
    If a Player is traded during the deadline to the Knicks they will refute the trade by not reporting which will cost Isiah Thomas his job.
    That is the sad truth!

KnicksonLIN.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    It all depends.If someone from the Timberwolves, Heat, Grizzlies, Clippers, or Sonics gets sent here, they'll say: "oh, this is the same garbage team from last time." lol But the other 25 NBA teams would try to choke out their GM, if they got sent to New York. Even Zach Randolph was saying that he sometimes wonders why Isiah sent him here.

KnicksonLIN.com

I think Isiah Thomas will make a trade.Anytime a team plays as poorly as the Knicks, changes are made. I don't expect this trade to be good, cause Isiah has never made a good trade in his life, but I do expect a move to be made, before the deadline.

Veteran

in other news. Jerome James says "use me or move me" haah. to be honest we cant move him.. and on a side note id like to use him! i really would. we suck anyways so lets throw him in there for 15 minutes and let him stand ground on the middle. Block some shots push ppl around i dont care. be a bruiser. i wouldnt mind experimenting with a James/Lee/Balkman front court and have jamal/nate score in the back. who cares
    #15...So good it had to be retired twice

KnicksonLIN.com

Well, I'm gonna be as nice as I can with this. Isiah Thomas needs to go f*ck himself.Why would you let Curry start the entire season, if he has no defense? Why can't you let Jerome James get minutes, if he's proven that he can block shots.I mean, call me crazy, but if you're averaging 1 bpg in just 13 mpg for your career, that looks like a good defender to me.James is out of shape, but what would you rather have? A guy that allows people to lay it up on his face and dunk it on him, like Curry does? Or a guy who'd rather foul you or block your shot than let you have an easy lane to the basket?Isiah Thomas is pathetic. They only had 9 players available, in the game against Utah, and he still wouldn't play James.James in no way is our savior, and he does suck, but give the guy a chance.He's a veteran that can block a shot. 15 mpg isn't gonna kill the Knicks.We're 14-33.

Veteran

I truly truly think Isiah will make at least one move before deadline. the reason he states not wanting to make a move is so we dont get our hopes up.

now heres what i truly see happening. from word around the league and knowing isiah and the maloofs like i seem to. (not personally just from their mental and physical actions).

Mike Bibby & Ron Artest will be knicks by deadline. thats my prediction. agree with it or not thats what i see.

Ron Artest (7.8 million/8.45m)
    Mike Bibby (13.5 million/14.5m)
    Kenny Thomas (7.3 million/7.9m/8.55m)

FOR

Stephon Marbury (20 million/21.9m)
    Malik Rose (7.1 million/7.6m)
    and either Renaldo Balkman&Mardy Collins or Nate Robinson&Wilson Chandler

They get a ticketseller in Marbury with two large expiring contracts, two young players and rid of KTs bad contract

We get two expiring contracts and a good pg who makes the pass and a lock down defender.

this isnt THE solution but its very possible to happen. a bibby/craw backcourt scares me so i hope they move craw (unlikely) for expiring contracts and a young player.
    #15...So good it had to be retired twice

Guys, one thing many of us seem to forget about NBA execs, is the importance of interpersonal relationships.

Many GMs, players, coaches, HATE Isiaha, and for good reason. He is hard to work with because, he is widely know as an enemy to many in the NBA. No one wants to help him, and I think a lot of execs like seeing Thomas get tortured. So much so, they might even feel they lose respect for working with Thomas when it isn't necessary.

These trades you guys make up are fine, but the problem is that it's not a matter of putting a trade into an NBA trade machine- its working Isiaha Thomas.

Think about it this way, if there is a dude you hate at work, your not going to even want to deal with him. May sound childish, but its the truth.

You think Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale's close relationship didn't play a factor into the KG trade? That point is probably 40% of the reason that trade was made.

Kudos to Dolan to hiring the most hated man in the NBA to be his GM.

Veteran

having a bag full of ****ty players + a hated gm = no trade

KnicksonLIN.com

I hope Isiah doesn't do that. The 2 main guys Isiah needs to trade is
    Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford. I would've kept Jamal, but now that he's starting to complain about being on a team he helped destroy, by never passing the ball and by never playing defense, I'd trade him.Also, Eddy Curry is one of the most pathetic Centers I've seen.He's 6'11, weighs 285, yet he plays like he's 5'11 and weighs 117 .He seriously needs to toughen up.Playing all soft like that isn't gonna get him anywhere in this league, and he will continue to be on PG's and SG's poster, if he doesn't get his act together. Some other guys I would'nt mind being traded is Quentin Richardson and Jared Jeffries, if we could get some expiring contracts, but if not, just leave them on the team, and increase Balkman's minutes.