Isiahs Solution

Which PG will fit to the NY Knicks the Best?

• Luke Ridnour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Bibby

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Jason Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No of them

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
:alert: Isiah said on the day of the tradedead line that he will be seeking out point guards for this team.. The players on his mind are Mike Bibby, Jason Williams, or Luke Ridnour. If Isiah wants to trade for Mike Bibby, then we need Ron on this team too. Like I have said before, and peope on this forum said, trading for players that are already on a bad team= a bad move, and still a bad team.. Miami, Seattle. Isiah CALMS that the he has found a the solution to this problem.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02032008/sports/knicks/zeke_points_to_problem_257410.htm

Sorry about the poll, its supposed to be NONE OF THEM.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks do not need a point guard that can score.Nate Robinson and Stephon Marbury can both do that(and please don't say Marbury won't ever be in a Knick uniform cause he never said he was leaving the team so that's just speculation,and I doubt the Knicks will buy him out, so they can owe 20 million dollars in luxary tax).What the Knicks need is a point guard that can defend.We don't really need a star point guard. A guy like Royal Ivey or Jacque Vaughn would do, in my opinion.A position where the Knicks need offense is the Small Forward position.But the Knicks need defense at the point guard and Center position.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The top priority of a pg should be passing the ball and running plays. As important as defense is have we been getting burned by the pgs of opposing teams? We need a floor general. I agree that a true general makes an effort on the defensive end but in reality Chauncey Billups isn't available. Bibby, Williams or Ridnour are good options. Robinson seems to be playing the point well but not well enough to be our permanent answer. In acquiring a single player, Williams would be the better option. He has an expiring contract and Miami may be desperate enough to take on a bad contract to improve defensively. They may be willing to take say, Jeffries and Collins. We wont get a Steve Nash but we shouldn't have to give up much ether.

Bibby is way under rated. He's not a Marbury or an A.I. Bibby is a play maker and one of the better ones in the league. Getting Bibby/Artest could happen but at what cost? We can't trade Marbury because he's injured. We may give more than we'd get back in a trade for Bibby.

Kiyaman

Legend
Do we want another Isiah Thomas Trade before he is FIRED?

Frye's impact for Portland is greater than any Knick-Fan wants to admit.

Frye is a "TEAM-PLAYER" inwhich he has showed that he compliments his teammates talents just by playing his game (another young Camby in Toronto).

Frye has become a better fit with LaMarcus, B.Roy, Outlaw, Blake, Jones, Lee, Nate, Balkman, Crawford, and when you look at it he even had Curry play a better game than he is with Zach. Lastseason the last thing that was on any Knick-Fan mind was trading Eddy Curry, we all knew that Curry is/was a Work in Progress.

Zach Randolph performance in Portland & New York is not hard to evaluate, Zach spend more time trying to prove that he is BETTER on offense than all his teammates rather than mix his offensive talent to improve his teammates offensive talents. We had this same problem the last few seasons with Marbury and then Crawford.

I believe every NBA team should have "ONE" 30 mpg "One on One" Player in their line-up to make oponents design defense strategies just for that one oponent (Jordan) so that other teammates (Pippin, Kukoc, Paxson, Harper) can have a high scoring game. The Knicks have a Starting-5 of "One on One" Players (Curry, Zach, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Marbury) that come out on the court each time to try and score more points than their Teammates rather than the Knick oposition (that is why you dont see any Defense out of these Players. And Q.Rich is a poor man defender whom cant stop any player in the 4th qrt. and Crunchtime.).

Lastseason the Knicks Coach beat himself each game, Frye was supposed to be Curry backup, Francis was suposed to be Marbury backup, Balkman was supposed to be Q.Rich backup, Lee was supposed to be a Starter or Malik Rose backup, and at SG the Knicks had the chance of being lethal using Crawford, Nate, or 6.6 defensive Rookie Mardy Collins at the SG position his first and second season.
The Frye, Lee, and Balkman Trio line-up WON 5 out of 7 games lastseason after the Denver Brawl

metrocard

Legend
Williams is garbage
Bibby is damaged goods and is more of a chucker than passer, terrible defender
Ridnour? A bust, OK passer, awful at everything else.

We need to draft a franchise PG, not acquire damaged has been PG's.

paris401

Starter
Williams is garbage

i agreee... fuk these short term solutions... lets buy out the entire team and start anew....

we can be the memphis of the east... they are starting anew, and we can start anew, and lets see who gets to the finish line first...

Kiyaman

Legend
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
Dunleavy was quoted, saying, "I would only make deals to help our future. Anything else is suicide. Anything else and you are the New York Knicks New York Knicks . Now if you want to do that and take on big contracts and long-term deals to potentially hit a home run, that's not the direction I would go."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We all know whom Dunleavy was talking about.
Here's a clue:
Marbury, Hardaway, Tim Thomas, Crawford, Mo Taylor, Malik Rose, James, Davis, Curry, Jalen Rose, Francis, Zach Randolph.

How many Big Contracts did Layden take on Glen Rice and Mcdyess. Plus giving Anderson & Isley long contracts starting at $8 million...

NYKnicks15

Starter
im sorry but Mike Bibby and Jason Williams.. ARE the solution. sorry to disagree..

all 8.9 million of Jason Williams expiring contract
and all of Mike Bibby's 13.5 and 14.5 million dollar expiring contract.

trade away isiah. trade away! :peace:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Williams is garbage

Co-sign.

I think all 3 of them are garbage and overrated. I didnt want to really get into this to avoid bringing someone up but I saw your post and that was the first thing i thought when I saw the poll question. I would take Nate Robinson over any of them.

Kiyaman

Legend
Bibby would be the only ledgit out of the two because he would not let Crawford, Qrich, or Zach run the show. Bibby would have been a great tutor for Nate's rookie season.

paris401

Starter
im sorry but Mike Bibby and Jason Williams.. ARE the solution. sorry to disagree..

they might be the solution with their expiring contracts, but miami and the kings will never send them this way.. just as memphis didn't give us a sniff at gasol, same story with the heat/kings...

paris401

Starter

they might be the solution with their expiring contracts, but miami and the kings will never send them this way.. just as memphis didn't give us a sniff at gasol, same story with the heat/kings...

what you guys don't want to understand is that while zack or curry mite be better players then kwame, brown has something that the black-hole, and wide load don't have... an expiring contract...

other teams have em, we don't... u guys better start finding some luv in your hearts for wide-load/black-hole/burger-king/jefferies (no nick-name, as he sux's)/qrich/crawful/malik... cause they are here to stay...

Kiyaman

Legend
Bibby would be the only ledgit out of the two because he would not let Crawford, Qrich, or Zach run the show. Bibby would have been a great tutor for Nate's rookie season.