Indiana Pacers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 2/5

Which of these players would be the best option to run the offense through?

• Zach Randolph

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Jamal Crawford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eddy Curry

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Nate Robinson

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • David Lee

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Indiana Pacers(19-29) vs The New York Knicks(14-34)
Wed. 2/6 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

madison-square-garden.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and were here to take a look at Wednesday nights matchup. The Knicks have now lost 6 games in a row. They sufferred another dissapointing loss against the now 15-30 LA Clippers. Nate Robinson did not play. Maybe he could have made a difference but Crawfords poor shooting is what lost the game for the Knicks. There was too much 1 on 1 in the 2nd half and not enough ball movement.

KNICKS_BREAK_THROUGH_L.jpg

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

STARTING LINEUPS

The Indiana Pacers

pg-Jamaal Tinsley
sg-Kareem Rush
sf-Mike Dunleavy
pf-Danny Granger
C-Troy Murphy

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SHOOTING GUARD FRED JONES
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER EDDY CURRY

*Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson are listed as day to day
*Travis Deiner is listed as day to day
*Jermaine O'Neil - Knee (Out Indefinitely)

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Troy Murphy vs Eddy Curry

458870908_c10c402f3d_o.jpg

eddy.curry.jpg

abc_nba_held_up_070731_ms.jpg

06442880.jpg

knickszilla.jpg

Curry hasnt been playing to well lately but I think hes due for a good game. Troy Murphy does not have the size to guard Curry, not that many players do, but hes also a below average defender. Eddy needs to come out aggresive. Indiana does not play any defense so he should be able to get 24 and 10 easily. Will we see these numbers? Probably not.

Eddy Curry Last 5 Games

*Stats not including 4 min. played vs Utah

23.4mpg
15.2ppg
65.7fg%
4rpg
.4bpg

The most suprising stat here is that Curry has only averaged 23.4 minutes per game over the last 5 games and thats excluding the game against the Utah Jazz where he only played 4 minutes. Currys lack of desire for rebounds is embarrassing. He has the build of a franchise player but the softness of a pillow. Playing against a soft team like the Pacers presents Curry with the oppertunity to show that he can occasionally score and rebound. Alot of people thought Curry played great last year. I thought he still played poor but this year has been a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10.

Troy Murphy Last 5 Games

25.8mpg
11.8ppg
45.4fg%
41.7 3P%(1-12)
7.2rpg
1.6topg
.4bpg
.6spg

In 2.4 more minutes then Curry Murphy has managed to average 3.2 more rebounds.

Murphy-6'11" 245
Curry-6'11" 285

Theres more then one factor involved with Currys poor season. His conditioning is definitly part of it but even if he was in good shape he hasnt show much heart. Curry should be a couple of levels up from Troy Murphy but instead Murphy>>>Curry.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Look to play more of a team game for 4 quarters. Their called the New York Knicks, not the New York Crawfords
  • Defense!!!! Pacers=7th best offense(103.4ppg)
  • Offense!!!! Pacers=3rd worst defense(105.4oppg)
  • Dec.17, Knicks vs Pacers-Dunleavy scores career high 36pts.......dont ever let this happen again

Player Spotlight

spotlight_title.gif

Jamal Crawford has been struggling........again. At this point he has now earned the title of the most overrated Knick in franchise player. Theres people out there that actually think hes the best player on the team (This is not directed to anyone on here, just Knick fans I personally know).

bk_AAHP110_8x10~Jamal-Crawford-Posters.jpg

ClownCityLogo.gif

Jamal Crawford signs an endorsement deal with the local circus.

Crawford has struggled with his shot. His father needs to cut back his minutes or tell him to pass more. Jamal went 7-21 Monday night against the Clippers.

Jamal Crawford Last 5 Games

• 44.4mpg
  • 20.4ppg
  • 34.5fg%
  • 29.7%3P
  • 4.6apg
  • 0 defense
  • 7.6 shots made per game
  • 22 shots attempted per game

Ugly numbers from Crawford.

Crawfords season stats

• 41.5mpg
  • 19.9ppg
  • 41.1fg%
  • 33.6%3P
  • 2.57topg
  • 7.04 shots made per game
  • 17.15 shots attempted per game
  • 3.8 free throws made per game
  • 4.4 free throws attempted per game
  • 2 3pt made per game
  • 6 3pt attempts per game

As we see hes scoring but its taking him over 17 shots to score 20 points and keep in mind that he gets almost 4 points a game from the line so with those 17 shots hes really only scoring 16 points.

Eastern Conference Standings

1. Celtics(36-8)
  2. Pistons(34-13)-3.5GB
  3. Magic(31-19)-8GB
  4. Cavs(26-20)-11GB
  5. Raptors(26-21)11.5GB
  6. Wizards(24-22)13GB
  7. Hawks(20-24)16GB
  8. Nets(20-27)17.5GB
  9. Bulls(19-28)18.5GB
  10. Pacers(19-29)19GB
  11. 76ers(18-30)20GB
  12. Bucks(18-30)20GB
  13. Bobcats(18-31)20.5GB
  14. Knicks(14-34)24GB
  15. Heat(9-37)28GB

The Official Playoff Race: Knicks are 6.5 games out

*This stat will be here until the Knicks are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs

Lets compare numbers from the first 4 months of the NBA season.

November(5-11):Opponents Points per game=101.5
93.1ppg,43.4rpg,17apg,42.9fg%,32.2%3P,70.2FT%,6.9spg,3.2bpg

December(3-11):Opponents Points per game=102.6
94.6ppg,41.3rpg,16.4apg,42.6fg%,33.1%3P,70.7FT%,6.7spg,1.5bpg

January(6-10):Opponents Points per game=98.8
96.4ppg,40.4rpg,21.3apg,46.1fg%,35.2%3P,74.4FT%,5.8spg,2.2bpg

February(0-3):Opponents Points per game=94.3
89ppg,41.3rpg,16apg,44.3fg%,26.4%3P,69.2FT%,5.3spg,2.7bpg

The Ball movement has slowed down and the Knicks are struggling to make 3 pointers.

SuperSonics Top 3 Point shooters
  1. Andre Owens-48.6%
  2. Kareem Rush-40.8%
  3. Mike Dunleavy-40.3%
  4. Danny Granger-38.7%
  5. Troy Murphy-37.8%
  6. Shawne Williams-36.6%
The Pacers have some players who can hit some 3's. The Knicks better be ready to play some perimeter defense if they want any chance of winning this game.

With Jermaine O'neil injured, the Knicks primary concerns are Danny Granger and Mike Dunleavy who are both averaging 17.8 points per game. Jamal Tinsley is averaging 8.5 assists per game which is because of the good shooters surrounding him. If he was on the Knicks his assists would be cut back to between 5 and 6 per game. Look for the Pacers to bring Ike Diogu off the bench to guard Curry and Randolph. At 6'8" he might not have the height but he weighs 255 pounds so he might be able to slow them down.

Look for Jeff Foster to come off the bench and control the boards. Hes one of the best rebounders in the NBA. Marquis Daniels is capable of coming off the bench and making an impact. David Harrison is the 3rd backup center for the Pacers. He averages 1 block in only 12.5 minutes per game. Players like Travis Deiner usually get career highs against the Knicks.

Throwback HipHop Video of the Day:

Artist:Marley Marl ft. Masta Ace, Craig G, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane
Title:The Symphony
Album:In Control Volume 1
Year:1988

*Who had the best verse in this historical classic? Im goin with Kool G Rap

That does it for my pregame show. I thank everyone for joining me and remember to tune in Wednesday night to catch the Knicks and the Pacers.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
wow huge game thread, great job. For your poll I voted Nate Robinson, not the most consistent but he can drive on the defender. Pacers will beat the Knicks so 7 game loosing streak here we come.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
wow huge game thread, great job. For your poll I voted Nate Robinson, not the most consistent but he can drive on the defender. Pacers will beat the Knicks so 7 game loosing streak here we come.

I think Nate Robinson has been the best player on the team in 2008 with David Lee in 2nd. The Pacers actually also have a 6 game losing streak which will be a 7 game losing streak after they play the Spurs tonight. In my opening paragraph there is no mention of the Pacers because of this. It will be updated tomorrow afternoon by 2:30pm ET along with the standings.

Co-sign your last sentence. The losing streak will continue against the high scoring Pacers. By the way, is Bird or Walsh the gm of the Pacers? Or is it both of them? I think Walsh is the owner and Birds the gm, right? Well whoever the Pacers gm is can be added to the list of gms that suck but of course none of them are as bad as Isiah. Kevin Mcchale might be the 2nd worst gm, or Michael Jordan.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Nice game thread as always. You have to take Jamal's minutes into account when you look at his shooting %. Only AI plays more minutes then Jamal and as we all know AI is not exactly known for his stellar shooting % either. In the poll I voted for Curry because I still believe you run your offense from inside out starting with your bigs.

nyKnicks126

Yeah but the idea that you are missing is the Eddy Curry is bummed out, and he is one of the worst defensive PLAYERS of all time. Not to mention his rebounds. Why vote for the least improved player on the team?

paris401

Starter
In the poll I voted for Curry because I still believe you run your offense from inside out starting with your bigs.

curry's problem is the 24sec clock... it's not enough time to run (well maybe waddle) upcourt, and plant his fat-ass in the paint.. 285lbs... maybe when he was 14... this fat-fuk is scaling well into the 300's

lose some weight you fat-fuk..

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Nice game thread as always. You have to take Jamal's minutes into account when you look at his shooting %. Only AI plays more minutes then Jamal and as we all know AI is not exactly known for his stellar shooting % either. In the poll I voted for Curry because I still believe you run your offense from inside out starting with your bigs.

I disagree with almost everything. Crawford vs Iverson:

Crawford

41.5mpg
19.9ppg
41.1fg%
33.6%3P
2.57topg
7.04 shots made per game
17.15 shots attempted per game
3.8 free throws made per game
4.4 free throws attempted per game
2 3pt made per game
6 3pt attempts per game

Iverson

42mpg
26.9ppg
44.7fg%
32%3P
3.3topg
8.3 shots made per game
19.7 shots attempted per game
8.2 free throws made per game
10 free throws attempted per game
1.04 3pt made per game
3.25 3pt attempted per game

Iverson is a better shooter and he takes less 3's. Hes been playing big minutes his whole career and is still way better then Crawford. Iverson shoots 1.6% worse from the perimeter but at least hes smart enough to only take 3.25 3pt attempts per game.

Iverson is a better team player. Hes averaging 7.1 assists per game.

Crawford doesnt even play defense. Iverson averages 2.3 steals per game but more importantly he can keep him opponent in front of him. It is unfair to make excuses for Crawford because of his high minutes and even Isiah would agree with this. He said it use to be normal for starters to be playing around 41 or 42 minutes a game. Thats the difference now, the average player has a softer mentality. They use back to back games as an excuse for being tired.

You know what, Im not gonna say anything about you sayin we should run the offense through Curry because the options arent exactly that good which is why I made it a poll question. Nate Robinson is averaging 1.41 turnovers a game in 24 minutes of play. I think he should be the starting point guard until Marbury comes back/a trade is made for another point guard (excluding Jason Williams, Bibby, and Ridnour). Im still not sure if Nate is ready to run the offense but hes the best option in the poll question.

nyKnicks126

The thing that I got to say about Jamal Crawford is that if he looked for his shot, instead of just chucking shots up, he would help himself, and the team out. To bad Isiaherr doesn't tell him to LOOK for his shot.

After yet another dissapointing loss yesterday to the clips the knicks are prob destined to lose again. hopefully we can take indiana tonight, who every since jermaine oneal injured his knee have not been doin to well. i hope eddy and score more points then he will give up tonight lol. and i agree that crawford is the most overrated knicks player on this team. he needs to know the difference between a good shot and a bad shot. his pathetic 3 point attempt against the clips(after powell made the shot while the shot clock waz expirin near the end of the 4th quarter) shows he still loves chuckin up bad shots. that miss costed new york the game

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
  1. Celtics(36-8)
  2. Pistons(34-13)-3.5GB
  3. Magic(31-19)-8GB
  4. Cavs(26-20)-11GB
  5. Raptors(26-21)11.5GB
  6. Wizards(24-22)13GB
  7. Hawks(20-24)16GB
  8. Nets(20-27)17.5GB
  9. Bulls(19-28)18.5GB
  10. Pacers(19-29)19GB
  11. 76ers(18-30)20GB
  12. Bucks(18-30)20GB
  13. Bobcats(18-31)20.5GB
  14. Knicks(14-34)24GB o
  15. Heat(9-37)28GB
The Official Playoff Race: o= eliminated from playoff contention.

YO, I GOTTA GIVE YOU THE PROPS, MSG! You showed the Curry incident. lol
Another great thread.I gave this thread 5 stars. You made one mistake, though. You forgot to put an o next to the Knicks. lol You might as well do it. The Knicks aren't going nowhere, and even Isiah knows it, even though he doesn't look like he knows.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
  1. Celtics(36-8)
  2. Pistons(34-13)-3.5GB
  3. Magic(31-19)-8GB
  4. Cavs(26-20)-11GB
  5. Raptors(26-21)11.5GB
  6. Wizards(24-22)13GB
  7. Hawks(20-24)16GB
  8. Nets(20-27)17.5GB
  9. Bulls(19-28)18.5GB
  10. Pacers(19-29)19GB
  11. 76ers(18-30)20GB
  12. Bucks(18-30)20GB
  13. Bobcats(18-31)20.5GB
  14. Knicks(14-34)24GB o
  15. Heat(9-37)28GB
The Official Playoff Race: o= eliminated from playoff contention.

YO, I GOTTA GIVE YOU THE PROPS, MSG! You showed the Curry incident. lol
Another great thread.I gave this thread 5 stars. You made one mistake, though. You forgot to put an o next to the Knicks. lol You might as well do it. The Knicks aren't going nowhere, and even Isiah knows it, even though he doesn't look like he knows.

By Curry incident do you mean his weak stats or my pictures of his house and the robbers? or the dinosaur? Im guessin your referrin to his stats but all 3 of them work. curry himself is an incident.

This game thread was not suppose to be funny but it might be impossible to avoid criticism at this point. I cant only bring up nate and Lee every game thread, their not even in the starting lineup. If they were it would help me out with my key matchups. After reaching a new low stating that Shaq>>>Curry a couple of weeks ago, it just got worse.

Jerome James>>>Curry (it gets no worse, or does it?).....to be continued.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
The only reason to follow the Knicks at this point is because of MSG's game threads. Its sad really, he makes such good game threads for shittiest team in sports. I gotta give my crown to MSG, respectfully.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The only reason to follow the Knicks at this point is because of MSG's game threads. Its sad really, he makes such good game threads for shittiest team in sports. I gotta give my crown to MSG, respectfully.

Thanks man its gettin tough with the losses to continue to make them at a high qualitiy but im just tryin to stick to the current format I have. The one thing I need to add is upcoming games or should i say upcoming losses. I cant except your crown but I get Prodigys Gold mac which is the 2nd highest honor. I cant find a picture of it but he has it on this video. You see it within the first 30 seconds of the video when they show a group picture of everyone in the song.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
By Curry incident do you mean his weak stats or my pictures of his house and the robbers? or the pic of him as a dinosaur sittin on top of Msg? Im guessin your referrin to his stats but all 3 of them work. curry himself is an incident.

This game thread was not suppose to be funny but it might be impossible to avoid criticism at this point. I cant only bring up nate and Lee every game thread, their not even in the starting lineup. If they were it would help me out with my key matchups. After reaching a new low stating that Shaq>>>Curry a couple of weeks ago, it just got worse.

Jerome James>>>Curry (it gets no worse, or does it?).....to be continued.
The picture of the house and the robbers. lol And I argree. James is >>>>>>>Curry. At least James never gets any minutes, so he doesn't play as horrible as Curry. Plus he's a better defender.

Pricey

Rotation player
Danny Granger will destroy us. The kid is a gun.
I can see Larry Bird throwing a cheeseburger onto the court when the Pacers are going on the offense and Curry will get confused on what to do, play defence of get a snack.
Get the cameras ready, will be a classic

paris401

Starter
I can see Larry Bird throwing a cheeseburger onto the court when the Pacers are going on the offense and Curry will get confused on what to do, play defence of get a snack.
Get the cameras ready, will be a classic

GREAT post......

Trin_Starr

Starter
Chalk up another loss tonight - but it's all good - it's a lose win situation.
Isiah will go and we'll have a nice high lottery pick - hopefully someone we can build a franchise around.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I disagree with almost everything. Crawford vs Iverson:

Crawford

41.5mpg
19.9ppg
41.1fg%
33.6%3P
2.57topg
7.04 shots made per game
17.15 shots attempted per game
3.8 free throws made per game
4.4 free throws attempted per game
2 3pt made per game
6 3pt attempts per game

Iverson

42mpg
26.9ppg
44.7fg%
32%3P
3.3topg
8.3 shots made per game
19.7 shots attempted per game
8.2 free throws made per game
10 free throws attempted per game
1.04 3pt made per game
3.25 3pt attempted per game

Iverson is a better shooter and he takes less 3's. Hes been playing big minutes his whole career and is still way better then Crawford. Iverson shoots 1.6% worse from the perimeter but at least hes smart enough to only take 3.25 3pt attempts per game.

Iverson is a better team player. Hes averaging 7.1 assists per game.

Crawford doesnt even play defense. Iverson averages 2.3 steals per game but more importantly he can keep him opponent in front of him. It is unfair to make excuses for Crawford because of his high minutes and even Isiah would agree with this. He said it use to be normal for starters to be playing around 41 or 42 minutes a game. Thats the difference now, the average player has a softer mentality. They use back to back games as an excuse for being tired.

You know what, Im not gonna say anything about you sayin we should run the offense through Curry because the options arent exactly that good which is why I made it a poll question. Nate Robinson is averaging 1.41 turnovers a game in 24 minutes of play. I think he should be the starting point guard until Marbury comes back/a trade is made for another point guard (excluding Jason Williams, Bibby, and Ridnour). Im still not sure if Nate is ready to run the offense but hes the best option in the poll question.

Of course AI's #'s are gonna be better all the way around. He is AI. AI is an MVP candidate every year and will go down as one of the top 50 players to ever play at the NBA level. That being said we were talking about FG% which AI and Jamal are within 3% points of each other. That's my only point. Anybody who has played basketball on any level knows jumpshooting % goes down as you fatigue. With Jamal's slight build he gets to beat up playing all those minutes. As for running the offense through E-City, big men need touches to be effective on both ends of the floor. While listening to the anylysts breakdown the Shaq trade they alluded to the fact that the biggest change will be for the Suns to run the offense through Shaq because big men need touches on the offensive end to stay involved in the game on the defensive end. That's my point. I think E-City could hustle down the floor if he knew absolutly he was going to get the first touch on every possession outside of fastbreak opportunities. What player on any level is going to hustle and play d to never be at least an option on the offensive end. Garbage time role players will do this like David Lee will do this but E-City is a prime time type skill guy. Unless you have a team full of runners and gunners like Golden State or a Phoenix Suns, NBA offense must be run from inside out, esp with the rule changes.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Of course AI's #'s are gonna be better all the way around. He is AI. AI is an MVP candidate every year and will go down as one of the top 50 players to ever play at the NBA level. That being said we were talking about FG% which AI and Jamal are within 3% points of each other. That's my only point. Anybody who has played basketball on any level knows jumpshooting % goes down as you fatigue. With Jamal's slight build he gets to beat up playing all those minutes. As for running the offense through E-City, big men need touches to be effective on both ends of the floor. While listening to the anylysts breakdown the Shaq trade they alluded to the fact that the biggest change will be for the Suns to run the offense through Shaq because big men need touches on the offensive end to stay involved in the game on the defensive end. That's my point. I think E-City could hustle down the floor if he knew absolutly he was going to get the first touch on every possession outside of fastbreak opportunities. What player on any level is going to hustle and play d to never be at least an option on the offensive end. Garbage time role players will do this like David Lee will do this but E-City is a prime time type skill guy. Unless you have a team full of runners and gunners like Golden State or a Phoenix Suns, NBA offense must be run from inside out, esp with the rule changes.

Your original words were that AI's not known for his stellar shooting percentage. 3.6% isnt a big difference but its a difference.

44.7% looks alot better then 41.1%. Playing alot of minutes is not a good excuse to me. 15 years ago and back no one used minutes as an excuse. The average player today is softer then the average player 10-15 years ago.

I disagree with you and the analysts. A big man should not need touches to stay involved. No matter what a player gets payed millions to go out there and give it everything they got on both ends of the court. Theres no excuses for not rebounding and defending because your not getting enough touches. Players like Curry and Shaq need to look to have an impact anyway they can.