Sam Cassell to Boston???

http://www.boston.com/sports/basket...cassell_willing_to_pay_price_to_join_celtics/

Clippers point guard Sam Cassell is literally willing to pay the price to become a member of the Celtics.

Cassell told The Boston Globe this morning that his agent, David Falk, has had conversations with the Clippers about a potential buyout and he is interested in joining the Celtics if such happens. The 38-year-old is making $6.15 million this season in the final year of his contract with the Clippers. Celtics general manager Danny Ainge has said he is interested in finding “the right veteran point guard” and is rumored to have interest in Cassell.
“I’ve earned enough,” said Cassell, on his willingness to accept a buyout. “I’ve saved a little money. I put money away. I just want to win. Winning is the most important thing to me.”

Cassell auditioned for a spot in boston last night vs. the celtics. So he thought, he might as well just kill the current point guard, so that he can go there.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Maybe I'm just hatin cause I know that this would put Boston over the top, but I hate how the NBA buyouts currently work. A player can basically become a free agent at anytime. I think that Stern should make it so that you can't play for the rest of the season once you are bought out. I mean most players who get bought out, walk with atleast 75% of their salary and then they are free to join any team they want for an additional mil or two a season. True a team has a choice to buyout or not, but why would you want a player on your squad who would rather play elsewhere? Again this maybe just me being tight about Sam joining the Celtics, but yall have to admit it is kinda foul.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
"Get outta here bitch IM THE UGLIEST PLAYER HERE!!!" POP!

lol 2 of the ugliest players in the league but Sam Cassell wins that battle. I now think Chris Kaman might be the ugliest basketball player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3235756

Maybe there isnt much truth to this, or maybe it is Sam Cassel being a professional

It wouldnt suprised me of he was mis-quoted, they do that to people all the time (just ask Marbury). Athletes have to be very careful with their words because if they leave it open the reporters will get it twisted.

talks about a buyout have started up again. They gotta do this by march 1st for cassell to be eligible to sign a contract with another nba team while the season is still in progress.