Curry to Dallas?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
There are reports that Eddy Curry won't mind any trade. Since the Dallas Mavericks were looking for a big man last week with that Shaq deal. Dallas is STILL interested in a big man, that leaves Eddy Curry's future in the West? Dallas Could be looking for a trade to make themselves better. Pau to the Lakers big man, Shaq to the Suns. Dallas could be next.

I see nobody on the Mavericks the Knicks would want or need, plus they wont part with Terry, or Josh Howard. So the only reasonable player the Knicks might not knowing Isiah is Devin Harris's 6 year contract.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Stackhouse and Juwan Howard for Curry would work! Howard is an underrated vet with a great work ethic. Both players have expiring contracts. Don't know if Dallas would go for it but if they are desperate to get a big man it could work with out them giving up much.

Starks

Starter
Stackhouse and Juwan Howard for Curry would work! Howard is an underrated vet with a great work ethic. Both players have expiring contracts. Don't know if Dallas would go for it but if they are desperate to get a big man it could work with out them giving up much.

If that trade works in the tade checker machine, then that's the best deal I think the knicks and dallas can come up with.

ANYTHING to get that fat tub of shit out of NYC. Whats even better is that stack and howard expire, so we don't even have to get used to them

GetRealistic

Starter
I cant see why Dallas would be interested in Curry. Why wouldnt they pursue Dalembert or a center with talent? But if Dallas would trade Stack and Howard i'd sign off on it.

nyKnicks126

Getrealistic you never get anything.. The Mavericks only have Diop has a Center big man... So getting Curry would be better then nothing.. Since Dallas relies on offense Curry would be an okay fit. Since Dallas have seen a lot of trades goin on for big men in the west, they to want a center, without giving up that much.

GetRealistic

Starter
Diop and dampier are much more valuable then curry. Plus they have plenty of guys who can Score. They need guys to defend Shaq, Gasol, Duncan, Bynum, etc and Curry can't do that.

Why'd Dallas go to the finals a few years ago? They started playing defense

nyKnicks126

True, but why were they the best team in the league last year then? They weren't the best defensively. but then again lost to the explosive Warriors in the first round. Dampier is old, and OVERpaid, but he does bring more on the table as for defense goes. He is getting injuried often, and he is just goin down skill wise. So Curry will be persuited on during the trading deadline unless he is already traded to the kings.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Getrealistic you never get anything.. The Mavericks only have Diop has a Center big man... So getting Curry would be better then nothing.. Since Dallas relies on offense Curry would be an okay fit. Since Dallas have seen a lot of trades goin on for big men in the west, they to want a center, without giving up that much.

Getrealistic is actually on point for some one that believes the hype they read in this forum. The majority of posters would have you believe that no one is tradable in NY and Curry is completely useless. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Curry on the verge of becoming an All-star last season? The real problem is Thomas has no clear vision. First we were to be a guard driven 'Suns' like offense team, then came Curry and 'the offense goes through our new franchise center' to Z bo and 'We're a power team'. All of this hurt Curry's development. I think he is not a workhorse but with the right coaching and encouragement he can become a dominate force. If I think this, then I'm sure some GMs that need a big man may be thinking the same thing.

Dallas isn't afraid to spend money. They've got Dirk so bringing in Curry may be a gamble but not necessarily a bad one. And remember, they are trying to keep up with the Jones (Lakers and Suns). It's a chess game.
Curry will make the Mavs better than Shaq will make the Suns.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's no doubt that Curry would give the Mavs a low post presence that they haven't seen in a while, but I think their immediate need is a big man who can DEFEND the post against guys like Duncan, Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, Yao... Curry is not that guy!

nyKnicks126

You can say that The Dallas Mavericks just might be desprate like the Suns were when they found out that Dallas and Miami are talking about a trade involving Shaq. The Mavericks might pull a trade off, but then again who knows whats going on with the other trades the Knicks are following like Jermaine O'Neal, Ben Wallace, Ron Artest, etc.

nyk_nyk

All Star
You can say that The Dallas Mavericks just might be desprate like the Suns were when they found out that Dallas and Miami are talking about a trade involving Shaq. The Mavericks might pull a trade off, but then again who knows whats going on with the other trades the Knicks are following like Jermaine O'Neal, Ben Wallace, Ron Artest, etc.
Jermaine O'Neil has been injured all season long so thats not an option, Ben Wallace isn't the same player and makes a lot of money and all we have to do is sit back and wait for Artest cause he'll be here on his own.

nyKnicks126

I hope you are right, I am not saying that I want either of the two O'Neal or B. Wallace, I prefer O'Neal..but anyway, those are the facts around NBA rumor mills. I want Ron Artest on the Knicks badly. He would be so much better in the Eastern Conference.

nyKnicks126

hmm. WOW if that happens the Nuggets in the team to beat in the Western Conference.

"Sure, they'll consider Artest. It's hard to disregard the availability of one of the NBA's better defenders. But Artest is looking to sign for, likely, a $13 million-per-year contract this summer. Denver doesn't have the cap room for that (keep your eye on Philadelphia). So if the Nuggets deal for Artest, they will have to deal Linas Kleiza, who is playing well and still on his first contract, and maybe the 2008 draft pick, who if Denver kept, would, obviously, also be on his first contract."

-Denver Post

even if this goes, through if I was the GM for Sac. I would take a deal from NY. Plus Artests contract runs out in the summer, Knicks will most likely pick up, if otherwise dealt to the Knicks at the tradedeadline.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Any team Artest is traded to will basically be renting him for the rest of the year. He wants to become a free agent and give the Knicks every opportunity to sign him to a contract. Denver already has a pretty good SF in Anthony and I can't see Artest coming off the bench and wanting to re-sign with a team anyway. Sure Denver can try to get him, but they will get burned in the end.

nyKnicks126

See I DONT see why they would make this trade at all unless they want more defense off the bench.. Ron is strictly really a STARTING small forward, the Nuggets shouldn't pull this trade off.

Marcus CAMBY /K- Mart
K-Mart./ Najeria
Anthony/Klezia(Artest no way)
AI/ Smith
Carter../AI/Diawara

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Alot of interesting opinions in here, heres mine. Curry would only set the Mavericks back. i dont want Stackhouse and Howard on the Knicks but if their contracts are expiring ill take them. Dallas should hold onto them and maybe look for more defense or wait for their contracts to expire.

I would not hesitate to trade Zach Randolph for Jermaine O'Neil. I dont care if hes injured half the time, he plays defense and his contract is 1 year shorter. It would be bad to make a move for Ben Wallace.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Taking a deal from NY if your SAC would be the best thing. Artest has said publicly that he will opt out this summer, so any team still willing to trade for him has to understand that they will only be "renting" him for half a season. Artest certainly has some leverage with this situaion.

nyKnicks126

I agree Jermaine O'Neal I would like on this team too, but as for Ben Wallace nah, he is really old, and as REALLY declined in skill level. (Chicago should be kicking themselves after letting go Tyson Chandler and signing Ben Wallace instead 2 years ago).
C. J. O'Neal (When uninjuried)
PF. David Lee
SF. Ron Artest
SG.(*Eric Gordon*)
PG. Drafted *Derrick Rose*

*Possible Players*