Kidd traded to Mavericks!!!! (Poll inside)

Which team won the Dallas/New Jersey trade?

• Nets lost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mavs lost

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Good trade for both teams

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Both teams are goin nowhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knicks lost

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Lakers own the west

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50844/20080213/sources_kidd_traded_to_dallas/

Sources: Kidd Traded To Dallas
February 13, 2008 - 3:23 pm
Sportsline -
The Nets have agreed to trade Jason Kidd and Malik Allen to the Mavericks for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, Maurice Ager, two first-round picks and cash, sources tell Tony Mejia of CBSSports.com.

The deal is expected to be finalized Wednesday.

The Nets made another side deal trading Antoine Wright for a future second round pick.

Jason Kidd is still one of the top 10 point guards easily. I think at this point hes overrated, hes still great at rebounding and passing but his offense and defense are both poor. For the remainder of this season, the Mavericks win the deal but they still wont win a championship. New Jersey overall won the trade, after this year they have 24 year old Devin Harris and expiring contracts.

act_jerry_stackhouse.jpg

act_devin_harris.jpg

kidd1jy7.png

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I dont understand why you sayin that the Mavericks lost, I guess time will show. I mean look at Jason Kidd in Phoenix he helped them out big time, then got traded to the Nets for Marbury.. Plus I don't get why you sayin J Kidd is overrated, that is not true.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
He might help out now but long term I think the Nets won because of Devin Harris's age and they got expiring contracts, im not sure how much but even with Kidd I dont think the Mavs are winning a championship. They had enough offense, they needed more perimeter offense. I was wrong before when I said they needed more defense, their better then I thought they were.

Mavs
ppg-99.4(12th)
oppg-95.5(8th)
3pt%-33.9%(19th)

Their defense is now better then their offense. Jason Kidd isnt known for being a good 3pt shooter, but his average is actually above the teams.

Kidd-35.6%3pt

The problem is Devin Harris is a better 3pt shooter.

Harris-35.7%

lol by .1%

Im curious to see what others say about this deal but I still think the Mavs lost.

nyKnicks126

Nah, who cares, at least J Kidd is a All Star, Harris aint, and probably will never be one. The mentality of the Mavericks is that they WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP NOW! With Dirk ageing kind of. Josh Howard at a prime, and Terry still into things, this is there best chance of getting to the Finals, and beating the Celtics. With the players they had before they wouldn't get to far, with J Kidd there offense WILL flow.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Nah, who cares, at least J Kidd is a All Star, Harris aint, and probably will never be one. The mentality of the Mavericks is that they WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP NOW! With Dirk ageing kind of. Josh Howard at a prime, and Terry still into things, this is there best chance of getting to the Finals, and beating the Celtics. With the players they had before they wouldn't get to far, with J Kidd there offense WILL flow.

I agree with what you said, actually I think both J Kidd and Harris are overrated but Harris is younger, he can still get better. I dont think that the Mavericks can get by the Spurs, Lakers, Hornets, and maybe a couple other teams. Western Conference playoffs are gonna be great this year, even though I was happy GS upset the Mavs last year it ruined the 2nd round. The Jazz owned the Warriors, I think the Mavs could have put up more of a fight, maybe even beaten them but its like the whole styles thing with boxing. Certain teams create matchup problems. I still dont believe the Warriors are better then the Mavs and the Cavs are better then the Pistons.

nyKnicks126

But I strongly believe it will be the Dallas Mavericks and the New Orleans Hornets in the Western Conference Finals IF the matchups will make that possible, in other words if they dont already play against each other in previous rounds. CP3 vs. JKidd. CP3>>JKidd

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Mavs are a good team, Dirks a great player and so is Josh Howard but I dont see them makin it to the Conference finals but its all good, I agree to disagree.

nyKnicks126

They are only 2 games out of being the best team in the Western Conference, now that means something. The Western Conference is so strong. Look at this

1.Phoenix W36 L15 0.0
2.New Orleans W35 L15 0.5
3.Dallas W34 L17 2.0
4.Utah W33 L19 3.5
5.L.A. Lakers W34 L17 2.0
6. San Antonio W33 L17 2.5
7.Denver W32 L19 4.0
8.Golden State W31 L20 5.0
--------------------------------
9.Houston W31 L20 5.0
10.Portland W28 L23 8.0

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
They are only 2 games out of being the best team in the Western Conference, now that means something. The Western Conference is so strong. Look at this

1.Phoenix W36 L15 0.0
2.New Orleans W35 L15 0.5
3.Dallas W34 L17 2.0
4.Utah W33 L19 3.5
5.L.A. Lakers W34 L17 2.0
6. San Antonio W33 L17 2.5
7.Denver W32 L19 4.0
8.Golden State W31 L20 5.0
--------------------------------
9.Houston W31 L20 5.0
10.Portland W28 L23 8.0

After last year it doesnt mean anything, they had the best record and still got swept by the Warriors. Im nuetral with the Mavs, I dont dislike them or anything (I use to hate them but not anymore). Dirk isnt good under pressure, Im not sure why they dont go to Josh Howard more but then again he kind of has taken over the team, its close between him and Dirk.

nyKnicks126

Good eye DLee. Yeah you are right. George blocked the trade, I wonder why, now the franchise probably hates him for that lol, but anyway I think the deal will be made, but not with George, but someone else will be sent.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
how in da hell a player like devean george end up wit a no trade clause?

by the way, nets bodied the mavs, they got 2 round picks out of them wit devin harris and expiring contracts

New New York

Quiet Storm
WOW how can you go back to team that wanted to get rid of you if you're George? Hey Diop is in the final year of his contract, Id say lets get him