5 MOST OVERRATED KNICKS OF ALL TIME: You gotta bost

metrocard

Legend
New, you have no sources which is really a disadvantage for you.

This video clearly states Sprewell was the toughest for Jordan. You may now callate la boca, gracias.

Sprewell was a GREAT player, re-watch the video if you to have since you do not know what you're talking about. Sprewell was one of the best guards in the 90's at his prime, especially @ Golden State. He's a four time all star; made the all NBA first team and all NBA defensive team. He played PG/SG/SF three positions for us and dominated defensively guarding those three positions our perimeter defense started with Sprewell, don't you remember? No, not with what you're typing.

Are you menetally retarded? Your 2nd paragraph convinced me so. I never once in this forum in my life ever mentioned anything about Isiah the player. My attacks are directed to Isiah the GM, Isiah the President, Isiah the Coach and Isiah the Bitch, you understand? You need a cocotazo.

You lack a style and really don't have anything to say unless you co-sign since you can't make any points. Who the hell makes music threads in a Knicks forum; theres already a Hip Hop thread in the off topic forum; you can't read English? BTW Jay-Z isn't top 10.

You came into this thread with no facts or sources, just a little opinion because you have no friends and don't really get to be heard that much. You obviously want attention badly and desperately to be happy that I posted multiple times in this thread. This thread only blew up because ABCD and Knicks126 went at it. What does "You gotta bost" mean? This is till a terrible thread by a low quality poster, with good replies by good posters. Stop making stupid threads. You're a shitty Knick fan who hates on quality Knick players like Balkman and Sprewell. With all the poor defense we've been expiring you would expect a "knick fan" to appreciate some quality defense. New proves his mental retardation to be alive and well.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Thanks metro I appreciate that, you know as well as I do, that you are the prized poster of this forum, definately nobody can beat you.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Spree was the Greatest defender to Guard MJ??? Well Micheal Himself said that the best Defenders he faced were Mitch Richmond and Joe Dumars, he never made mention of Spree. But I agree Spree did play solid D. Never said that he wasnt still a great player.

So let me get this straight because I'm talking about players who are overrated in a time when the team is losing then that makes me less of a Knicks fan? So by that logic you are less of a NBA fan because you talk bad about Isiah Thomas who was a star in the league at the league's pinnacle. Or how about this, I shouldnt talk bad about Charles Smith because he played on winning Knick teams.

I can make a thread about whatever the hell I want to, if you dont like it, just read it and don't post and K.I.M! The Thread got love, you just mad that people still posted after you initially hated on it! Ingnore the ignorance was what you said, and you still posted 3 times! LOL, I know you love my style you just don't know how to say it, don't worry it shows fam! Shout out to all of those who can think for themselves. Being a man who can stand on your own two is not for everybody!
I don't think you should've put Sprewell at number one, but as far as guarding Jordan, John Starks was the best.Sprewell didn't guard Jordan that much on the Knicks, cause Jordan kept "retiring" around the time he came to New York.As far as the thread, I gotta agree with metrocard. Without the controversy, this thread wouldn't have been as popular. Even though Spree doesn't deserve to be number one, I think you made good points about him.I actually have an old video game of Sprewell where he gets the highest stats for the team. His overall rating is 87, Patrick Ewing gets a 78, and Allan Houston gets an 80. He just doesn't deserve #1 when you got Curry and Crawford, though.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think its sad to see players like Spree and Kurt Thomas brought into this. I realize Allan Houston shouldnt be on my list either, it was the gm who overrated him by givin him all that money. Fans always knew he wasnt worth that much, some hated him for this reason so how can he be overrated? We use to have a bunch of fans on here that hated/disliked H2O.

Kurt Thomas if anything was/still is underrated.

As far as players being overrated on the current Knicks team, how often do you hear people goin crazy over Curry, Z-Bo, etc. Most people on here know the deal, they suck. Z-Bo is talented but he still sucks. Crawford and David Lee(hate to admit it) are 2 players that belong on the list.

New New York

Quiet Storm
New, you have no sources which is really a disadvantage for you.

This video clearly states Sprewell was the toughest for Jordan. You may now callate la boca, gracias.

Sprewell was a GREAT player, re-watch the video if you to have since you do not know what you're talking about. Sprewell was one of the best guards in the 90's at his prime, especially @ Golden State. He's a four time all star; made the all NBA first team and all NBA defensive team. He played PG/SG/SF three positions for us and dominated defensively guarding those three positions our perimeter defense started with Sprewell, don't you remember? No, not with what you're typing.

Are you menetally retarded? Your 2nd paragraph convinced me so. I never once in this forum in my life ever mentioned anything about Isiah the player. My attacks are directed to Isiah the GM, Isiah the President, Isiah the Coach and Isiah the Bitch, you understand? You need a cocotazo.

You lack a style and really don't have anything to say unless you co-sign since you can't make any points. Who the hell makes music threads in a Knicks forum; theres already a Hip Hop thread in the off topic forum; you can't read English? BTW Jay-Z isn't top 10.

You came into this thread with no facts or sources, just a little opinion because you have no friends and don't really get to be heard that much. You obviously want attention badly and desperately to be happy that I posted multiple times in this thread. This thread only blew up because ABCD and Knicks126 went at it. What does "You gotta bost" mean? This is till a terrible thread by a low quality poster, with good replies by good posters. Stop making stupid threads. You're a shitty Knick fan who hates on quality Knick players like Balkman and Sprewell. With all the poor defense we've been expiring you would expect a "knick fan" to appreciate some quality defense. New proves his mental retardation to be alive and well.

You get too worked up over this sweetheart. LOL do you really think being called a "low quality poster" is a insult! Really everytime I read your previous response I laugh a little more.I don't think any words said about me on this forum can ever move me.

Look this is real talk, I think every person on this forum loves the Knicks, and none more than the other. You seem to try to discredit anyone who has different views than you by questioning them as fans, and that is wack! I mean to your credit it has worked and I see people fold whenever you disagree with them, but I'm not one of them duke! I'll state my opinion, disagree or pay it no mind if I'm so ignorant. But to call someone retarded, and then ague with them is the epidomy ignorance! But keep doing what you do!

pat

Starter
but as for Chris Childs I liked him and always thought he was a key part to our success in the late 90's. Statistically he was garbage but he played within the team system and was a good role player.

Wow, I didn't expect you to say something like this. But I totally agree with you. This is like when LJ was signed and everybody thought he was going to deliver 20/10 each and every night and he didn't. There is just one ball on the floor and sometimes those players who don't care about their individual stats are the most valuable ones.

I don't know why a lot of you have Curry and Crawford on your overrated lists because most Knick fans can't stand Curry and aren't that crazy about Jamal.

1 - Allan Houston ...was a good Knick but never a great one or as good as he was billed to be when he was signed from Detroit, you always had the feeling when watching him play, why isn't this guy better? His 100 million dollar contract is one of the huge symbols of buffoonery and incompetence from the Dolan era.

2 - Mark Jackson ...big mistake when the Knicks kept him over Rod Strickland, Riley couldn't take more then one year of him, his second tour of duty with the Knicks was a disaster

3 - Stephon Marbury ...was billed to be a franchise player when he got here, now he's lucky if he's included in a discussion of top 10 nba point guards but his supporters still treat him like the hall of famer he never was even though his days as a nba starter might be over

4 - Howard Eisley ...the heir apparent to John Stockton who was supposed to be the cure to our point guard woes, or so Scott Layden said, these days Eisley is living comfortably in the witness protection program

5- Charlie Ward ...Game 5, 1997 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Heat, 'nuff said

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
First of all I think it's hard to judge on Overrated knicks "of all time" cause lets face it we didn't get to watch the older Knicks teams. And media coverage hasn't been that much since hmm the 90s. And considering a majority of the posts here the proper title would probably be "most overrated of the past 10 years." Anyway i am surprised some of ya are including Spree. I don't know if you guys just want to cause a reaction or what. And for the guy who said he only had one hand, Spree actually drove the lanes and made lay-ups effectively in BOTH hands. If there was one mistake Spree had it was his decision to be more of a jump shooter starting around the 2000-01 season. But this is what brings me to another point. We got Spree when he got maybe 2-3 explosive years left in him, and he did deliver during those years. He had to switch to being a jump shooter cos he didnt have the same quickness anymore that made him a great finisher.
Anyway my picks would be:
5. (just to complete the five) David Lee
4. Stephon Marybury
3. Jared Jeffries
2. Eddy Curry
1. Jerome James

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I found this definition for the word overrated.
To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

So Jerome James and Luke Longly don't qualify. Naturally by this definition if a player is rated too highly then a bunch of people would be upset if someone were to refer to the player as 'over rated'. The bottom line is the term is subjective. You have your opinion and I have mine. That doesn't make me right or you wrong necessarily. Kurt Thomas in my opinion is way over rated by Knicks fans. He's a black version of David Lee. No one other than Knicks fans even knows who Kurt Thomas is. I would have added Charlie Ward to the list but it was only a list of five.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I found this definition for the word overrated.
To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

So Jerome James and Luke Longly don't qualify.

Jerome James does qualify because remember he was touted as the next starting center for the Knicks (before the Curry signing). He was paid too high. And for what? Because of his one good playoff series performance in his last season as a Sonic??? People, especially IT I assume, rated him far above what he can actually provide night-in night-out.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
3 - Stephon Marbury ...was billed to be a franchise player when he got here, now he's lucky if he's included in a discussion of top 10 nba point guards but his supporters still treat him like the hall of famer he never was even though his days as a nba starter might be over

Im suprised it took this long for Marbury to show up on someones list. If your talkin before Marbury was a Knick I have no problem with him being on a list of overrated players, despite his hall of fame numbers.

No one ever said anything about Marbury being a hall of famer, pancakes. Go to the store, your all out of maple syrup.

I dont think hes a top 10 point guard rite now, he has barely played this season. Last year, definitly.

You cant blame Marbury for any of this mess, 100% of the blame goes to Isiah Thomas. If anything Marbury is underrated as a Knick. The majority of fans on here dislike him (or at least it seems this way), no one gives him credit for how he played last year. At this point, that ignorance and F*ck anyone who wont admit he played great last year. I came with every stat there possibly is in the blow it the f*ck up trade thread, check that shit out if you dont believe me. Hall of fame Commentator Walt "Clyde" Frazier co-signs what im sayin, he knows the deal.

You cant say Marbury was overrated his 1st full year with the Knicks, he brought us to the playoffs without much help.

2005-The little bit of help was gone as Houston got hurt and Crawford was acquired

2006-Throw out everything from this year, disaster Larry Brown

2007-See above

2008-lost pops, injured

I cant see how you can say as a Knick Marbury is overrated.

No one other than Knicks fans even knows who Kurt Thomas is.

I constantly hear Kurt Thomas gettin praised for his defense on Tim Duncan in the playoffs last year, from different analysts and broadcasters from other teams even. I think there was a recent Celtic game on TNT vs the Sonics where they were talkin about Kurt Thomas. Hes another underrated player.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Jerome James was overrated. Not by the fans, but by Isiah Thomas. If we all remember, Isiah gave Jerome James a 30 million dollar contract, because he averaged 17 ppg and 2 blocks in a playoff series against the Kings, while he was on the SuperSonics.Giving someone that much money for one playoff series is overestimating someone. I don't think Marbury is overrated. The Knicks signed him to be our franchise player, and he got us to the playoffs on one of his two seasons where he was made our franchise player.That's a lot better than what Curry and Crawford has done for us as the face of the franchise. However, I understand why people would put him on the list, cause he is overpaid. I would've given Marbury a 60 million dollar contract, but 76 million is going too far.

metrocard

Legend
You get too worked up over this sweetheart. LOL do you really think being called a "low quality poster" is a insult! Really everytime I read your previous response I laugh a little more.I don't think any words said about me on this forum can ever move me.

Look this is real talk, I think every person on this forum loves the Knicks, and none more than the other. You seem to try to discredit anyone who has different views than you by questioning them as fans, and that is wack! I mean to your credit it has worked and I see people fold whenever you disagree with them, but I'm not one of them duke! I'll state my opinion, disagree or pay it no mind if I'm so ignorant. But to call someone retarded, and then ague with them is the epidomy ignorance! But keep doing what you do!

I discredit you because you're a fucking idiot.