No Knick on the all star Team

egluck

Rookie
Well it seems we once again have no Knick on the all star team. Not to say they are all especially deserving of it when considered in a vacuum, but if you look at who was selected it seems that maybe one or two knicks could have been there instead of who was picked;

Jamaal Magloire - I think Kurt or Dikembe could have taken this spot, although I see the reason they picked this guy, Magloire's team has a winning record, and Mutumbo aint what he used to be.

Michael Redd - Although Redd is having a stellar season, I think Marbury could have been picked ahead of this guy, Marbury is a legitimate star and has automatically made the knicks a contender in the east. Before the knicks got Marbury the Bucks were clearly considered a better team, and now people would pick the Knicks to beat Milawaukee in a 7 game series, to me that signals Stephon is a step above Michael Redd.

And as a side note, although no Knick forward deserves to be there more then him, I dont like kenyon Martin. He is overated and is only good because of Kidd. I think i would have to search for good power forwards in th east but Im sure they could have found someone better then K-Mart. Ill just name a few.... Mehmet Okur, Shareef Abdur Rahim, Carlos Boozer, Lamar Odom, Tim Thomas, & Glenn Robinson. I would pick any of these players for my team any day over Kenyon Martin. Id even take our own Keith Van Horn over KMart. Chalk Van Horn up on the list of overlooked Knicks.

SpreeFan

Benchwarmer
not to mention lebron and melo weren't selected either. maybe lebron didn't deserve it, but melo.. i was willing to bet on him being there

now what in the wrold is pierce doing there? he din't showed anything this season, and allen had barely played few games

as for abdur rahim , i think he is to underated

no knick? no problem, at least will start the rest of the season with our batteries charged

egluck

Rookie
I would consider Marbury's inclusion in the skills challenge bad. It carries no respect at all. Not only is it not the all star game, but its not even to the level of the three point contest or the dunk contest. So basically he has to give up his free time in which he might be chillin or restin his weary bones, just to play in this crappy little side note of the all star game. The real stars should be in the dunk contest, not this little peice of crap.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
"I'm in the top in a lot of categories," said Marbury, who's ranked second in assists.

"I don't see why I wouldn't. I think the coaches in the East can view the same thing. When they prepare and write up on the board, I'm probably one of the guys they're trying to stop."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/45431.htm

marbs was pretty sure few days ago about being selected in the eastern allstar team
i wonder if he accepts the skills challenge