This Solves everything

stevie

Benchwarmer
It makes both Miami and Cleveland better and give us what we desperately need. Cap Relief and we will be under the cap after two more seasons. This puts us in a position to have 3 great drafts and be so far under the cap that we could not go after one but two of the big free agents.

New York Knicks
You have decreased the winning percentage by -24.39%

Projected: W-26 L-56
After trade: W-6 L-76

nyk.gif

teamBox_player_hdr.jpg

3045.jpg
Eric Snow
$6,703,125
Years Remaining: 2
PPG: 0 RPG: 0
APG: 1 PER: 4.082

• E. Snow
  • R. Davis
  • J. Williams
  • L. Hughes
  • D. Marshall

Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Jared Jeffries, Quentin Richardson, Eddy Curry

Miami Heat
You have increased the winning percentage by 14.63%

Projected: W-17 L-65
After trade: W-29 L-53

mia.gif

teamBox_player_hdr.jpg

3417.jpg
Quentin Richardson
$8,105,500
Years Remaining: 3
PPG: 7 RPG: 4
APG: 1 PER: 8.214

• Q. Richardson
  • E. Curry

Outgoing Players: Ricky Davis, Jason Williams

Cleveland Cavaliers
You have increased the winning percentage by 2.44%

Projected: W-46 L-36
After trade: W-48 L-34

cle.gif

teamBox_player_hdr.jpg

3531.jpg
Zach Randolph
$13,333,333
Years Remaining: 4
PPG: 17 RPG: 9
APG: 1 PER: 17.417

• Z. Randolph
  • J. Crawford
  • J. Jeffries

Outgoing Players: Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall

Starks

Starter
This is the what you call drunk GM'in.

Isaiha is that you??? If it is, we all hate you and want you to leave this city and NEVER EVER come back

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
This is the what you call drunk GM'in.

Isaiha is that you??? If it is, we all hate you and want you to leave this city and NEVER EVER come back

i agree with you man this guy hass his head sooo far up his asss he thinks that eric snow and a bunch of wash up players are the answears!

stevie

Benchwarmer
are you two this brainless

In essence its the same stratedgy that Portland used. We get rid of all our big contracts. We will stink for a few years and completely rebuild. Then we are in a position to go after one or two big free agents in 3 years time. Ontop of some great draft picks. I am sorry I guess you would rather try and add another piece to this team. THE WORST THING YOU CAN BE IN THE NBA IS MEDIOCORE!!!! That what we will be if we dont blow it up.
Let me ask you this if we could trade situations with Portland would you? I certainly would..

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
That trade sucks... wow I think we have found a new candiate for a assisant GM of the New York Knicks, Isiah and Stevie side by side. I know we can get more then that giving away Z Bo, and Jamal Crawford.. At least expiring Contracts.

I know we are doing bad know, but that trade would kill the Knicks, I see NOOO trade value out of the players that we would get.

Starks

Starter
In essence its the same stratedgy that Portland used. We get rid of all our big contracts. We will stink for a few years and completely rebuild. Then we are in a position to go after one or two big free agents in 3 years time. Ontop of some great draft picks. I am sorry I guess you would rather try and add another piece to this team. THE WORST THING YOU CAN BE IN THE NBA IS MEDIOCORE!!!! That what we will be if we dont blow it up.
Let me ask you this if we could trade situations with Portland would you? I certainly would..

It's cool man. I'm one of the more mellow/chilled out kind of posters, so I won't attack you...but I think by saying it solves everything, you really painted a big bulls eye on yourself for as long as this thread is visible.

I'm all for cleaning house, don't get me wrong. I want an entire demolition of everything currently involved with this organization. (a sports version of something similar to like an ethnic cleansing in essence)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
In Stevies defense (no homo), I like the 5 imcoming players more then i like the 5 players being traded. Depending on the remainders of the contracts (links arent working) i mite make this trade (no homo). I dont see how this is as bad as everyone is making it sound (no homo).

Stevie-ignore the hate (no homo)

nyKnicks126

I'm all for cleaning house, don't get me wrong. I want an entire demolition of everything currently involved with this organization. (a sports version of something similar to like an ethnic cleansing in essence)

Exactly I agree 100%. Dont forget expiring contracts, High Draft picks, and getting mid-high level potential players.

stevie

Benchwarmer
My whole point is that everyone talks about how our situation is unfixable. Thats complete nonsense. Its the attiude of many people and especially many posters on here that feeds the Isiah mindset that you can never rebuild in NYC. Well if you want to rebuild then you have to accept some pretty bad players with ugly expiring contracts. That is a reality. It was less than a year ago Portland gave us Randolph who is a guranteed double double a nite for a useless Steve Francis and a regressing Channing Frye.
Actually the trade is the exact opposite of anything Isiah has tried to do.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Jamal Crawford doesn't make that much money for his 20 ppg, so I don't know why you would trade him for an expiring contract. He has value, so I'd try to get a draft pick or defensive Center out of him.I am tired of people bringing up that stupid Larry Hughes for Crawford trade that makes Cleveland a championship contender and gives us a fanbase recession,an even more crappy team, and an injury prone player. Other than that, I agree with you, though.Eddy "Eats Cities" Curry, Zach "Z-Slow" Randolph, Quentin "Q" Richardson, and Jared "overpaid" Jeffries are people we need to give for expiring contracts.I would also include Jerome James in the mix, but he's not marketable, so I'd just try to get him to lose some weight and use him as a backup center for shotblocking.I'm giving Stevie a rep point for that thread, but we gotta remember that Crawford is currently hyped up, so we don't have to settle for an expiring contract, when it comes to trading him.

stevie

Benchwarmer
length of contracts

Here you all go and hopefully now you will see how in a span of 2 more years we could be way under the cap.

New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3045.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Eric Snow
Salary: $6,703,125 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 0.9 REB: 0.9 AST: 2.0 PER: 4.08
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3250.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jason Williams
Salary: $8,937,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.7 REB: 2.0 AST: 4.8 PER: 12.08
3264.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Ricky Davis
Salary: $6,819,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 13.1 REB: 4.1 AST: 2.9 PER: 11.10
nophoto_35x48.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Larry Hughes
Salary: $12,000,084 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 12.0 REB: 3.6 AST: 2.4 PER: 12.09
2627.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Donyell Marshall
Salary: $5,566,965 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.3 REB: 3.0 AST: 0.4 PER: 9.05
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, Eddy Curry
mia.gif
Miami Heat

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3417.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Quentin Richardson
Salary: $8,105,500 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 7.1 REB: 4.9 AST: 1.9 PER: 8.21
3514.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Eddy Curry
Salary: $8,947,543 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 13.7 REB: 4.8 AST: 0.6 PER: 15.87
Outgoing Players: Jason Williams, Ricky Davis
cle.gif
Cleveland Cavaliers

3531.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Zach Randolph
Salary: $13,333,333 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 17.3 REB: 10.3 AST: 2.0 PER: 17.42
3407.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jamal Crawford
Salary: $7,920,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 20.3 REB: 2.8 AST: 4.8 PER: 15.20
3609.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jared Jeffries

nyKnicks126

abcd really good post, I think that the Knicks should just wait and not play the scrubs on our team, and then just wait until there contracts are up, which might take awhile, but thats the Knicks life, But I still think we should trade Jamal Crawford, or someone of value for some expiring contracts such as Ratliff, I have been saying that so much. Ratliff 11 million expiring this year. Plus we probably could get Telfar out of the trade, but the many focus of the Knicks should be that they sould start Brand New, the lineup, and players they have won't win then anywhere close to 41 games in a season, everyone on the Knicks are serious loosing kind of players.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I really dont think Stevies trade looks that bad, all of the contracts expire this year and next year except Larry Hughes. I agree that these players are garbage but so is what we got, the difference is the incoming garbage's contracts expire sooner.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
abcd really good post, I think that the Knicks should just wait and not play the scrubs on our team, and then just wait until there contracts are up, which might take awhile, but thats the Knicks life, But I still think we should trade Jamal Crawford, or someone of value for some expiring contracts such as Ratliff, I have been saying that so much. Ratliff 11 million expiring this year. Plus we probably could get Telfar out of the trade, but the many focus of the Knicks should be that they sould start Brand New, the lineup, and players they have won't win then anywhere close to 41 games in a season, everyone on the Knicks are serious loosing kind of players.
I agree. The one thing that people don't say about Theo is his shotblocking ability. I'd take him over Curry any day. Eddy Curry .4 BPG
Theo Ratliff 2.6 career bpg
Ratliff>>>>>Curry defensively

stevie

Benchwarmer
team for next year if this was to work

PG. Robinson/Snow/Collins
SG. Marbury/Hughes
SM. Balkman/Marshall
PF. Lee/Rose
C. Denandre Jordan/James

The year after that

PG Ricky Rubio
SG Hughes
SF Balkman
PF Lee
C Deandre Jordan

Then Finally the year after that because we are so under the cap and have a draft pic to play with you have the potential for the knicks to look like this

PG. RICKY RUBIO
SG. ?
SF. KING JAMES
PF. CHRIS BOSH
C. DEANDRE JORDAN

NOW I REALIZE ITS A LONG SHOT BUT AT LEAST ITS A LONG TERM PLAN. OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING THAT CURRENT MANGEMENT DOESNT CONSIDER.

nyKnicks126

The 3rd lineup I love, but DeAndre Jordan is most Likely declaring for the 09 draft, which sucks lol,so it would be hard to get Ricky Rubio, and DeAndre Jordan in the same draft. SG. Dwayne Wade lol. That would be a sick TEAM!!! but it won't happen, we need more expiring contracts.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
team for next year if this was to work

PG. Robinson/Snow/Collins
SG. Marbury/Hughes
SM. Balkman/Marshall
PF. Lee/Rose
C. Denandre Jordan/James

NOW I REALIZE ITS A LONG SHOT BUT AT LEAST ITS A LONG TERM PLAN. OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING THAT CURRENT MANGEMENT DOESNT CONSIDER.
Man, your thread was looking good. Why you had to kill it? Larry Hughes shoots 34.9% from the field and he's injury prone. Why would you trade for him? The Knicks could use Jamal for a draft pick or a good defender at center, something that the Knicks need. Imagine how much better our lineup would be if we had a guy that could block shots down low, like Ratliff, Camby, Okafor, etc. I'm not saying these guys are gonna be Knicks, but those are the kind of guys we should try to get with Crawford.Plus, we got some good defenders at SG. Isiah just doesn't play them cause he's a moron: Mardy Collins and Fred Jones.

stevie

Benchwarmer
Man, your thread was looking good. Why you had to kill it? Larry Hughes shoots 34.9% from the field and he's injury prone. Why would you trade for him? The Knicks could use Jamal for a draft pick or a good defender at center, something that the Knicks need. Imagine how much better our lineup would be if we had a guy that could block shots down low, like Ratliff, Camby, Okafor, etc. I'm not saying these guys are gonna be Knicks, but those are the kind of guys we should try to get with Crawford.

Larry Hughes is a short term problem to help a long term solution. The key is to acquire contracts that expire one year before all the big free agents come up. He fits that category. I would gladly deal with Hughes for two seasons to have a shot at the big boys. He is 12 million off the books the same year Lebron, Bosh, and Wade are free agents.
I like that alot. :)