New Espn Rumor

stevie

Benchwarmer
I really hope they force Miami to take one more contract with Curry. And please everyone pray we dont take Vince Carter.

New York Knicks
Isiah Thomas continues to say it's unlikely the Knicks will do anything significant before the trade deadline, but chatter around the league suggests otherwise. Multiple sources say that Miami has interest in Eddy Curry. The Heat can offer Jason Williams' expiring contract in a straight-up deal. Or, if the Knicks want players back, they could try to work in a third team like New Jersey, which is trying to find a new home for Vince Carter.
If New York does decide to break up the Zach Randolph-Curry tandem, which direction will it go in? If the Knicks were to erase Curry's deal from the books, they'd be staring at roughly $15 million to $20 million in cap room in summer 2010 -- when LeBron James & Co. become free agents. If they trade for Carter, they lose that cap flexibility but immediately get a player who could help them make a late playoff push in the East.
If the Nets could work out this deal, and essentially erase Carter from their books, they'd be staring at about $15 million to $20 million in cap room this summer. It's a slam dunk for them. As for Miami, Curry isn't a great rebounder or defender, but he can score in the paint and, at 25, still might have some upside. If Pat Riley can't get anything out of him ? then no one can.
Also of note, it appears that a few teams also have broached the possibility of acquiring Stephon Marbury if the Knicks are willing to take back a long-term deal. Marbury's contract expires after next season, and a few GMs say it's possible that a team might be willing to pawn off a bad long-term contract (that of the Nuggets' Nene or Kenyon Martin, for example) in return for Marbury.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
"it appears that a few teams also have broached the possibility of acquiring Stephon Marbury"

I thought Marbury had no value? Thats interesting to hear, haters. I would make that trade without hesitation, Curry for Jason Williams.

GetRealistic

Starter
Didn't you read the article. It says they'd take Marbury if it ment we'd take an even worse contract. No team in the league would actually give up anything of value for Marbury.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'd trade Curry for Jason Williams. If they want Curry, they can have him. If this rumor is true, then Isiah should go for it. He should also try to squeeze a second round draft pick out of them, too. Who knows, maybe they'll give it up. We need all the draftpicks we can get.Jason Williams could also help our point guard problems, because he knows how to dribble the ball up and down the floor, something that nobody on the Knicks except Marbury can do on a consistant basis.

LOL ask yourself do you really want J will as THE designated pg for this team? Dude has a tendancy to come up court and jack up ill advised contested 3s. Id take him souly for his expiring contract and thats it. We still need a pg if we acquire him. And PLEASE NO VINCE CARTER !

Toons

is the Bo$$
nate robinson is way better than jwill.....i dont think yall have seen jwill play....
nate has more points, assists, rebounds, higher fg% all coming off the bench with less minutes...jwill is a cancer, id rather trade curry for mark blount straight up

knicklover

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks take Carter and someone shoots Isiah for being that stupid, it might actually be considered justifiable homicide. :barf:

He can't be that stupid...can he???????

dre48ny

Rotation player
Curry for Jwill straight up. Clear up space for next year. No need for carter, this will set us back. We need to focus on 2009-2010 to have cap space and sign maybe LeBron.

youpddd

Rookie
i don't think miami is stupid enough to trade first rounders. and i think they would rather have cap space because of jason williams than curry. I would trade curry for dorrel wright and mark blount. we can add one of our younger players to make the trade more interesting, and for our roster.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
nate robinson is way better than jwill.....i dont think yall have seen jwill play....
nate has more points, assists, rebounds, higher fg% all coming off the bench with less minutes...jwill is a cancer, id rather trade curry for mark blount straight up
No doubt. I don't think the trade is good cause Jason Williams is our savior or even cause I think he's gonna play well. I just like the trade cause we get rid of Curry.If we can get Mark Blount, even better. But I think calling Jason Williams a cancer is going too far. Wasn't he part of the Championship team of 2006? I know the Heat are so terrible that it's hard to remember, but the Heat played great in 06, and Williams had a few good playoff games that year.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
well, Carter has a huge contract with diminishing skills so most likely he'll be a knick on thursday.

in the words of Charlie Brown AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:wallbash:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Words can't describe how I'll feel to see Vince become a Knick. If this deal goes down....like I said I really don't have the words

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
No doubt. I don't think the trade is good cause Jason Williams is our savior or even cause I think he's gonna play well. I just like the trade cause we get rid of Curry.If we can get Mark Blount, even better. But I think calling Jason Williams a cancer is going too far. Wasn't he part of the Championship team of 2006? I know the Heat are so terrible that it's hard to remember, but the Heat played great in 06, and Williams had a few good playoff games that year.

Jwill is no cancer,yes he started off badly when his career started by getting into trouble.When he settled down and had a family he became a completly different player.Believe me I know I watched the guy since his high school days and he is a better person.I would love to see him out of Miami b/c all he is told to do is pass the ball to wade and Shaq before Shaq was traded.If he was traded here then he could teach Nate and Collins how to play the pg spot b/c everybody knows they sure as hell need it.

He has said that if he is traded that he would like to end his career in orlando b/c he already lives there and he does'nt want to move his family again.

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Stephen a smith said at halftime of the suns game that the Heat/Knicks/Nets trade will not happen.He said Gurry would go to the heat,Jwill,Ricky Davis would go to the nets and Carter would be a knick.